Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:47:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people scared of taxes?  (Read 31481 times)
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2114

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:39:34 PM

You know, I've been called a lot of things, but "commie" isn't usually one of them. Thanks, I needed the laugh. I don't live on the Kings land. I don't even live on the President's land. I live on my land. The idea that I should be paying taxes in order to live on land I own is ridiculous.

When in the Course of human events... yada yada yada.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 05:45:23 PM

It all sounds so nice and agreeable and friendly. The reality was that the king was a thug who took what he wanted because he could and your new kings are thugs wearing suits.
Did you copy this from Karl Marx?

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 05:47:03 PM

I don't even live on the President's land. I live on my land. The idea that I should be paying taxes in order to live on land I own is ridiculous.
What country did you steal your land from?

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 05:49:03 PM

I don't even live on the President's land. I live on my land. The idea that I should be paying taxes in order to live on land I own is ridiculous.

I didn't steal any land. We (my roommates and I) bought it, fair and square.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Kontakt

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:52:34 PM

How exactly, can you own land? How long will you own it for? Can I claim the rights to the surface of mars, and sue the government for trespassing?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 05:56:07 PM

How exactly, can you own land? How long will you own it for? Can I claim the rights to the surface of mars, and sue the government for trespassing?

When you get there, let me know.

Now, would you like to answer my questions?

First, reference the section of the constitution where that is specified. I have a paper copy, so you can simply tell me where, I can look it up myself.

Second, how is a group of your neighbors deciding you have too much money any different from taxation?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Kontakt

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:59:30 PM

When you get there, let me know.

Now, would you like to answer my questions?

First, reference the section of the constitution where that is specified. I have a paper copy, so you can simply tell me where, I can look it up myself.

Second, how is a group of your neighbors deciding you have too much money any different from taxation?

Right, I can't find it in the actual document, but that what was told to me during my indoctrination at school, so whatevs.

And the difference is that I know for certain that my neighboors will not being using the money in any way that directly benefits me. I only suspect that the government is not using my money in a way that benefits me.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 06:04:15 PM

Right, I can't find it in the actual document, but that what was told to me during my indoctrination at school, so whatevs.
I suspected as much. This may be a revelation: Democracy is no more, and no less, than might makes right. There are more of them than you, so they can do whatever they want.

And the difference is that I know for certain that my neighboors will not being using the money in any way that directly benefits me. I only suspect that the government is not using my money in a way that benefits me.
If I mug you at gunpoint for $100, and promise to buy you a $50 stereo, does that make it OK?

Kontakt

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:08:48 PM

I suspected as much. This may be a revelation: Democracy is no more, and no less, than might makes right. There are more of them than you, so they can do whatever they want.

If I mug you at gunpoint for $100, and promise to buy you a $50 stereo, does that make it OK?

Obviously the solution is to be one of them. Capitalism has taught me so.

For me, the equivalent would be mugging me for $100 (my approximate income tax last year, give or take $30) and paying $2500 of my tuition.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 06:15:37 PM

For me, the equivalent would be mugging me for $100 (my approximate income tax last year, give or take $30) and paying $2500 of my tuition.

So you've benefited. Good for you. Where did the other $2400 come from, though?

Would you hold a gun to your neighbor and force him to pay your college tuition?

Kontakt

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:17:43 PM

The money probably comes from hundreds of people being nickeled and dimed across the nation. I'm not worried, though. I know that there's no free lunch. I'll end up paying it out in the end, so it's all good. ^.^
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 06:18:48 PM

Maybe you didn't see it. I'll ask again.

Would you hold a gun to your neighbor and force him to pay your college tuition?

Kontakt

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:20:04 PM

Would you take an old woman's liver to not pay yours?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 06:22:41 PM

Why is it so hard to get a straight answer from you? (Also, your question doesn't even make sense.)

YES or NO.

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2114

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:27:27 PM

It all sounds so nice and agreeable and friendly. The reality was that the king was a thug who took what he wanted because he could and your new kings are thugs wearing suits.
Did you copy this from Karl Marx?

Yes, yes I did copy it from Karl Marx :rolleyes:

Kontakt

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:33:44 PM

Why is it so hard to get a straight answer from you? (Also, your question doesn't even make sense.)

YES or NO.

Yes, I would, because according to your logic, that makes me a legitimate form of government and therefore entitled to your possessions.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 06:35:41 PM

YES or NO.

Yes, I would, because according to your logic, that makes me a legitimate form of government and therefore entitled to your possessions.

No, according to my logic, that makes you a violent thug and entitled to a bullet in the head in defense. Still want to answer yes?

Kontakt

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:36:53 PM

YES or NO.

No, according to my logic, that makes you a violent thug and entitled to a bullet in the head in defense. Still want to answer yes?

Yes, because you somehow think that robbery is uncommon.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 06:39:05 PM

YES or NO.

I never said that it is uncommon. I said that it is wrong. Do you dispute that?

Kontakt

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:40:51 PM

YES or NO.

I never said that it is uncommon. I said that it is wrong. Do you dispute that?

Sure, theft has a negative moral consequence, but so does abandoning another in need and taking more than you need. Ethics are quite negotiable when the cards hit the table. Most people don't seem to get that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: