Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:58:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782152 times)
HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:51:44 PM

According to the github commit history, only difference between v2.1.3.3 & v2.1.3.4 is In-wallet BIP38 and nothing else.
Only known issue with staking at present is when wallet syncs the first time, it needs to be restarted for stake to work.
Considering staking worked after a restart, I can only assume it was this known issue that he/she encountered. Wink

Yes, yes, staking is working just fine. I am on latest version and yes, you just need to download latest version, sync, then restart for staking to work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
.cryptic.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:52:51 PM

According to the github commit history, only difference between v2.1.3.3 & v2.1.3.4 is In-wallet BIP38 and nothing else.
Only known issue with staking at present is when wallet syncs the first time, it needs to be restarted for stake to work.
Considering staking worked after a restart, I can only assume it was this known issue that he/she encountered. Wink
Thanks, I upgraded the wallet and forgot about restarting.
Everything good here
FogHorn_LegHorn

Activity: 245
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:49:10 PM

Thanks, I upgraded the wallet and forgot about restarting.
Everything good here

Even your salami?
Lercker

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 01:14:15 AM

Anyone update/fix the raspberry pi link?
4x13 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:03:01 AM

Anyone update/fix the raspberry pi link?

I will push the new binaries including Rpi2 when the rebranding is done, and gitian is squared away.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:53:17 AM

coinmarketcap and trex still using 'DNET' and old logo.

I haven't pushed the Rebrand out yet, until I am finished with the wallet rebranding. Hopefully this week.

Who cares what its called. What we do care about is consistent income. Nobody is concerned about changing a set of letters in the title to anything else as much as u are.

I believe I could extract upwards of 700$ to 1000$ a month bro , branding is important enjoy the ride and stay patient

people tell ya... (where I live decent newspaper costs 5$ that should give you a clue how much I care for standard currency)
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 10:19:43 AM

Hello guys,

The new wallet has the new design?

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
borris123

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 01:20:01 PM

Hello guys,

hopefully new wallet out by end of week. all the images and that are ready its just when the devs have time. they all doing this for free atm, granted they will have alot of coins and want the value to increase but it will all take time. rebrand going well with a quite a few people working on it with website, wallet, slack, trello etc. plus devs working in the background on features like the bip38 in wallet which was added the other day. Lots going on in the background.
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 03:41:47 PM

thank you for this information. Good job guys, I await the new wallet with impatience .. continue like that !! Wink

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 12:52:37 PM

Hello guys,

hopefully new wallet out by end of week. all the images and that are ready its just when the devs have time. they all doing this for free atm, granted they will have alot of coins and want the value to increase but it will all take time. rebrand going well with a quite a few people working on it with website, wallet, slack, trello etc. plus devs working in the background on features like the bip38 in wallet which was added the other day. Lots going on in the background.

How many full time core devs does pivX have? I mean with the possibility to create a 10% development fund for projects let's bring on more devs. Increase projects taking place. This increases desirability increasing pivx value and possibility to afford more developers taking on more projects right? we can spiral pivx upwards to a more suitable place in cmc. Would be great to add full time devs that are loyal to dnet .

I hope the new twist on anon that is being formulated will be closed source for a time to enable a good first mover advantage like dark dash scam coin did else it will just be patched into every other coin.

Also this thread has pretty much stalled since slack became the main discussion medium which is not good. This forum still sees a lot of new blood scanning the ann section for good projects. I think it is important to keep it as muc as possible on page 1 before they get side tracked into inferior projects with flash graphic on the op.

borris123

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:31:46 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2017, 01:44:08 PM by borris123

Hello guys,

How many full time core devs does pivX have? I mean with the possibility to create a 10% development fund for projects let's bring on more devs. Increase projects taking place. This increases desirability increasing pivx value and possibility to afford more developers taking on more projects right? we can spiral pivx upwards to a more suitable place in cmc. Would be great to add full time devs that are loyal to dnet .

I hope the new twist on anon that is being formulated will be closed source for a time to enable a good first mover advantage like dark dash scam coin did else it will just be patched into every other coin.

Also this thread has pretty much stalled since slack became the main discussion medium which is not good. This forum still sees a lot of new blood scanning the ann section for good projects. I think it is important to keep it as muc as possible on page 1 before they get side tracked into inferior projects with flash graphic on the op.

there is a development fund with the voting system. the list of proposals can be found http://178.254.23.111/~pub/DN/DN_masternode_payments_stats.html 10% of all coins generated is going to these. I think the system is being tweaked tho and multi-sig being incorporated into it. So if a dev does complete the task they will receive the funds for that task.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:42:38 PM

Hello guys,

there is a development fund with the voting system. the list of proposals can be found http://178.254.23.111/~pub/DN/DN_masternode_payments_stats.html 5% of all coins generated is going to these. I think the system is being tweaked tho and multi-sig being incorporated into it. So if a dev does complete the task they will receive the funds for that task.

I get this and that is a great system although I thought it was 10% but even if it is just 5% that's still good.

I think for simple tasks and updates it is great however I think for a complex huge ground breaking updates it must remain closed source at the begining else you will just see it patched into every other coin that it can be patched into. Also the devs creating it should be core pivX devs with interest in seeing pivX excel specifically.

One of the main issues with zcash is simply that every other coin now just patches their work into their own projects diluting the value over and over. I know they have other trust issues too.

borris123

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:46:28 PM

Hello guys,

there is a development fund with the voting system. the list of proposals can be found http://178.254.23.111/~pub/DN/DN_masternode_payments_stats.html 5% of all coins generated is going to these. I think the system is being tweaked tho and multi-sig being incorporated into it. So if a dev does complete the task they will receive the funds for that task.

I get this and that is a great system although I thought it was 10% but even if it is just 5% that's still good.

I think for simple tasks and updates it is great however I think for a complex huge ground breaking updates it must remain closed source at the begining else you will just see it patched into every other coin that it can be patched into. Also the devs creating it should be core pivX devs with interest in seeing pivX excel specifically.

One of the main issues with zcash is simply that every other coin now just patches their work into their own projects diluting the value over and over. I know they have other trust issues too.

you are correct it was 10% i edited it. Not much has been released on what it actually is apart from a modified zerocoin code to create full time anonyminity. They are removing dark send first before it is implemented in the wallet assume to clear up some of the code making sure there no bugs by doing that.
AltPacino

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 02:36:31 PM

frankly speaking I liked it much more as DNET ;-)

█ Districts █ 3D Blockchain Platform  █ ICOBounty
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 11:17:40 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2017, 11:49:28 PM by jakiman

Official Website Update

We have been trying to determine what the best way to create a professional looking website is. We have a web-dev but the web-design part is more tricky and we haven't had anyone volunteering for designing the new website. So we have asked for a quote from Rhubarb Media (who created the PIVX logo) and here is their proposal and quote. They are willing to receive 500 PIVX as part of the payment at $1 a piece! Also, we could fund most if not all of it via masternode proposals budget (once proposal is submitted and vote passes) and maybe some donations via the community if needed. But yeah, we are always looking for options so if anyone has a much better proposal or is able to work with our web-dev to design a really nice website, please feel free to voice out here or on our slack channel as we are open to all ideas.

https://www.docdroid.net/4vmE0nP/pivx-website-proposal.pdf.html

P.S. Current masternode proposal system has a bug so once that is resolved, we'll get the proposal going to fund this and other projects.

4x13 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:24:47 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2017, 07:49:17 AM by s3v3nh4cks

OK, the New Wallet is almost ready, but I wanted to run a few more tests after we merge it to the public repo, and also explain the process you will need to take to make this a seem less update...

You will need to rename only 2 items 'BEFORE' you start the new wallet for the first time, or this will be more complicated.

First thing is to shut your wallet down gracefully as everyone always should..

1.) First Item to rename will be your working folder, presently, it is called '.darknet' and is a hidden directory. this directory needs to be renamed to '.pivx' .

2.) Second item you need to rename is your existing 'darknet.conf' file which is located inside the previously renamed directory. Rename this file 'pivx.conf' .

then restart your NEW wallet and everything will be good.

If you do not follow these simple instructions, some panic may sit in, when you realize that the wallet shows 'Zero' coins, in which case, you will need to shut down your wallet again, and move your wallet.dat and darknet.conf file to the newly created directory. and then rename it to pivx.conf.

I am hoping that all my tests go well, and we will be pushing some new binaries sometime today. They will be v2.1.4.0, Yes I saw some people wanted a larger update with the versioning, but that would require everyone to restart all their masternodes (as is required for all protocol bumps), and there is no need this time around.. I will suggest that everyone updates their masternodes as well following the same instructions as above. only do a few at a time, and as long as the masternode is back up and running within 50 minutes you will retain you place in the que.

I will post again when I have the new binaries up on github, and will update the wallet links at that time.. remember.. v2.1.4.0 is the version you want.. Smiley

edit; you will also need to set the themes under option to default the first time on the new wallet, then restart the wallet and you will be good.

Source is up for the self builders among you, Binaries are cooking now as I head to bed.  I will be uploading the new Binaries in the morning.. Smiley

Equalizer1970

Activity: 623

Fortune favours the bold!

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:10:36 AM

Hello guys,

I agree. Weekly updates on this thread would do a world of good for investor confidence and new investors.
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 09:35:33 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2017, 09:08:49 PM by jakiman

I agree. Weekly updates on this thread would do a world of good for investor confidence and new investors.

Hmm. I don't think there was even a single week since this coin launched where there were no updates.
Heck, I don't think there has even been a single week in the last 3-6 months without an update from myself?
Anyways, if there is an update worth sharing and if not yet posted, you'll definitely see an update from me. Wink

borris123

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 09:45:10 AM

Just to confirm this is non mandatory update for masternodes?
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 09:59:17 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2017, 07:19:52 AM by jakiman

PIVX REBRANDED WALLET UPDATE

As s3v3nh4cks mentioned above, the first ever PIVX rebranded v.2.1.4.0 wallet has been released.
Compiled wallet binaries for various OS should be put up within the next 24 hours. Repo link below.

https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/releases/tag/v2.1.4.0

Although it's not mandatory, it has added bug fixes so it is highly recommended.
Change log can be seen from the commit history via the gitbub link below.
https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/compare/v2.1.3.4...master

IMPORTANT WALLET UPGRADE STEPS

If you have an existing wallet, you MUST rename the following 2 items 'BEFORE' you start the new wallet as the folder/file naming has changed.

1. Shut down the wallet gracefully either via CLI or via wallet GUI.
2. For linux users, hidden directory ".darknet" needs to be renamed to ".pivx".
3. For Windows users, similar will need to be done to your wallet.dat directory. (usually located in %APPDATA%)
4. For everyone, "darknet.conf" needs to be renamed to "pivx.conf".
5. Replace the wallet binaries with the updated v2.1.4.0 binaries.
6. Start the wallet!

For Windows users:
I personally recommend Windows wallet users to specify the wallet.dat directory via a shortcut method.
Basically create a shortcut the qt executable and append the -datadir= and specify a folder you created.

e.g. C:\Coins\PIVX\pivx-qt.exe -datadir=C:\Coins\PIVX\blockchain

Then the wallet and chain/dat/conf files will all be within a single folder instead of it going to %APPDATA%.
This trick works for pretty much every coin under the sun btw. (bitcoin, litecoin, whatever coin etc etc)
P.S. If you have an existing wallet.dat & conf files, you'll need to move them to the new -datadir folder.

Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: