April 26, 2024, 07:05:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843547 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Kryptomaniac

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:25:24 AM

any chance the supply will get a cut in the future, i think what is holding back this wonderful coin, is the immense supply, if it can be reduced to million instead of billion would be better imho, i know it require a hard fork but its worth the risk

First I want to say our Dev Team is doing a Top Notch Job - keep it up!

Your suggestion needs to be analyzed.  At this point the space has gone into "Hyperspeed" and we need dramatic and intentional moves.  "Coin Reduction" would be a BIG MOVE; raising scarcity would increase value.

I would add that adding PoS immediately would be of great benefit as well.  It's hard to park your cash in a coin that doesn't pay dividends for holding while almost all other coins that share our objectives are providing STAKING incentives.  For the holder Staking represents some assurity during the inevitable "Pumps and Dumps" plus it provides a double incentive of value:  The rise in coin value (XVG $1.00) + the Staking Dividend.  For Hardware Miners it becomes a triple incentive if they choose to hold what they mine.  

This is definitely a race, so reminiscent of 1999 with another emerging technology at that time.  I know by these suggestions we're asking a lot from the Devs but I strongly feel we have a strong community willing and able to support our Team in whatever is necessary.  

So, Coin Reduction + PoS = Rise in Coin Value

Btw, Coin Reduction becomes very meaningful when RSK is implemented.

nice sum up, thanks, so what is this RSK, a new feature for this coin? surely it come with great features which make me look forward to this project, but something is holding this coin back

any chance the supply will get a cut in the future, i think what is holding back this wonderful coin, is the immense supply, if it can be reduced to million instead of billion would be better imho, i know it require a hard fork but its worth the risk

Your suggestion needs to be analyzed.  At this point the space has gone into "Hyperspeed" and we need dramatic and intentional moves.  "Coin Reduction" would be a BIG MOVE; raising scarcity would increase value.

I would add that adding PoS immediately would be of great benefit as well.  It's hard to park your cash in a coin that doesn't pay dividends for holding while almost all other coins that share our objectives are providing STAKING incentives.  For the holder Staking represents some assurity during the inevitable "Pumps and Dumps" plus it provides a double incentive of value:  The rise in coin value (XVG $1.00) + the Staking Dividend.  For Hardware Miners it becomes a triple incentive if they choose to hold what they mine.  

This is definitely a race, so reminiscent of 1999 with another emerging technology at that time.  I know by these suggestions we're asking a lot from the Devs but I strongly feel we have a strong community willing and able to support our Team in whatever is necessary.  

Yes to all of this.
This is not happening and it's a dumb choice on many levels. Dev has already discussed this. Read the post history before telling Dev what he should do. It's really assuming, naive, big headed, and annoying.

correct. i am not going to hard fork to take away users coins. that's absurd.

you would not take away what users have now, you woudl take away what the miners will mine in the future, none will lose anything

By doubling price you're not taking anything away:  "if you have 2 Coins and they are each worth $1 and I tell you that if you burn 1 of the Coins the coin that's left will now be worth $2 will your worth still be 2$s"

Here's some of what I posted on last page:

".....the amount of $XVGs in my portfolio allocates the greatest portion of the pie.  .....but like most on this forum I like what Verge has to offer in relation to its price.

Take away Coins?  Say what?.... I agree that would be, if you allow me, "VERY, VERY STUPID" but that's not what I'm suggesting at all.  What I'm suggesting would revolutionize $XVG and correct me if I'm wrong but maybe it would be a first in the world of Crypto.  A halving of circulating supply with immediate doubling in price is what I'm suggesting; in the traditional Stock Market is called a Reverse Stock Split, we can call it "Reverse Coin Split".  Here's how it will work:

Designate a block that when reached will half Circulating Supply while AT THE SAME TIME signal all participating exchanges, wallets to DOUBLE THE PRICE when that block is hit on the chain.  To a certain extent Kraken did something similar with my account with ETH/ETC I've had double coins ever since that fork.

...The main objective is to overcome the "Psychological Barrier" related to circulating supply ...Things are moving too fast now and powerful new players are entering the space.  It's just a matter of time till a new "Coin" a new "DAO" if you would, with the objective of being a transactional or micropayment Currency hits the space.

We have a slice of time in which we could become Relevant and if we miss the now in becoming "Great" it would be very difficult to do it in the face of a new coin created on the basis of the "Wisdom of the Crowd" and all the collective wisdom from all the errors made from existing Coins. 

Cheers!  Go, go $XVG"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeantheboy

Activity: 72

I love argumentation.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 05:23:13 AM

Yes to all of this.
This is not happening and it's a dumb choice on many levels. Dev has already discussed this. Read the post history before telling Dev what he should do. It's really assuming, naive, big headed, and annoying.

First and foremost the amount of $XVGs in my portfolio allocates the greatest portion of the pie.  Also I'm not "dumb" nor do I make it a practice to make "absurd" suggestions; I'm not naive nor am I presumptuous and I definitely don't have a big head - And just to throw it out there I was an Assembler Programmer before many, I would imagine, of the "Senior Members" were even born and yet I don't consider any of that a basis to make me a so called "expert" but like most on this forum I like what Verge has to offer in relation to its price.

Take away Coins?  Say what?.... I agree that would be, if you allow me, "VERY, VERY STUPID" but that's not what I'm suggesting at all.  What I'm suggesting would revolutionize $XVG and correct me if I'm wrong but maybe it would be a first in the world of Crypto.  A halving of circulating supply with immediate doubling in price is what I'm suggesting; in the traditional Stock Market is called a Reverse Stock Split, we can call it "Reverse Coin Split".  Here's how it will work:

Designate a block that when reached will half Circulating Supply while AT THE SAME TIME signal all participating exchanges, wallets to DOUBLE THE PRICE when that block is hit on the chain.  To a certain extent Kraken did something similar with my account with ETH/ETC I've had double coins ever since that fork.

This suggestion is open for discussions but the main objective is to overcome the "Psychological Barrier" related to circulating supply.  If you'd like to see the barrier for yourself study the "Price to Supply Ratio" of the top 100 Coins and you'll see it.  Things are moving too fast now and powerful new players are entering the space.  It's just a matter of time till a new "Coin" a new "DAO" if you would, with the objective of being a transactional or micropayment Currency hits the space.

We have a slice of time in which we could become Relevant and if we miss the now in becoming "Great" it would be very difficult to do it in the face of a new coin created on the basis of the "Wisdom of the Crowd" and all the collective wisdom from all the errors made from existing Coins.  

Cheers!  Go, go $XVG

Hello everybody,

I do appreciate what Kryptomaniac proposed. I am a financial science enthusiast. A stock merge. This may be a marvelous idea. The number of coins outstanding halves while the price per coin doubles, thus preserving the total market value of the asset. For example, 1000 units with 1 EUR per units gives 1*1000 EUR total; 500 units with 2 EUR per unit gives 2*500 EUR total, and so forth: 3*(1000/3)... This seems to be a very good idea. I am not a programmer. But if this is feasible after the developers properly evaluate the how and are persuaded that it should be done, hey this may be a game changing rule. Wow!

Use Binance for day trading, and for buying-and-holding blockchain assets. Exchange fee is only 0.1%.
https://www.binance.com/?ref=10262180
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 05:28:55 AM

Yes to all of this.

First and foremost the amount of $XVGs in my portfolio allocates the greatest portion of the pie.  Also I'm not "dumb" nor do I make it a practice to make "absurd" suggestions; I'm not naive nor am I presumptuous and I definitely don't have a big head - And just to throw it out there I was an Assembler Programmer before many, I would imagine, of the "Senior Members" were even born and yet I don't consider any of that a basis to make me a so called "expert" but like most on this forum I like what Verge has to offer in relation to its price.

Take away Coins?  Say what?.... I agree that would be, if you allow me, "VERY, VERY STUPID" but that's not what I'm suggesting at all.  What I'm suggesting would revolutionize $XVG and correct me if I'm wrong but maybe it would be a first in the world of Crypto.  A halving of circulating supply with immediate doubling in price is what I'm suggesting; in the traditional Stock Market is called a Reverse Stock Split, we can call it "Reverse Coin Split".  Here's how it will work:

Designate a block that when reached will half Circulating Supply while AT THE SAME TIME signal all participating exchanges, wallets to DOUBLE THE PRICE when that block is hit on the chain.  To a certain extent Kraken did something similar with my account with ETH/ETC I've had double coins ever since that fork.

This suggestion is open for discussions but the main objective is to overcome the "Psychological Barrier" related to circulating supply.  If you'd like to see the barrier for yourself study the "Price to Supply Ratio" of the top 100 Coins and you'll see it.  Things are moving too fast now and powerful new players are entering the space.  It's just a matter of time till a new "Coin" a new "DAO" if you would, with the objective of being a transactional or micropayment Currency hits the space.

Cheers!  Go, go $XVG

Hello everybody,

I do appreciate what Kryptomaniac proposed. I am a financial science enthusiast. A stock merge. This may be a marvelous idea. The number of coins outstanding halves while the price per coin doubles, thus preserving the total market value of the asset. For example, 1000 units with 1 EUR per units gives 1*1000 EUR total; 500 units with 2 EUR per unit gives 2*500 EUR total, and so forth: 3*(1000/3)... This seems to be a very good idea. I am not a programmer. But if this is feasible after the developers properly evaluate the how and are persuaded that it should be done, hey this may be a game changing rule. Wow!

yeah that's just not going to happen though. the price is created by the market, not me, and there is no "price automatically doubles" in crypto. but yeah, i get what you guys are saying. more rare = more enticing for noobs that dont understand crypto. that just isn't what we're trying to achieve, but thanks for the input gentlemen =]

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 05:30:09 AM

nice sum up, thanks, so what is this RSK, a new feature for this coin? surely it come with great features which make me look forward to this project, but something is holding this coin back

Yes to all of this.

you would not take away what users have now, you woudl take away what the miners will mine in the future, none will lose anything

By doubling price you're not taking anything away:  "if you have 2 Coins and they are each worth $1 and I tell you that if you burn 1 of the Coins the coin that's left will now be worth $2 will your worth still be 2$s"

Here's some of what I posted on last page:

".....the amount of $XVGs in my portfolio allocates the greatest portion of the pie.  .....but like most on this forum I like what Verge has to offer in relation to its price.

Take away Coins?  Say what?.... I agree that would be, if you allow me, "VERY, VERY STUPID" but that's not what I'm suggesting at all.  What I'm suggesting would revolutionize $XVG and correct me if I'm wrong but maybe it would be a first in the world of Crypto.  A halving of circulating supply with immediate doubling in price is what I'm suggesting; in the traditional Stock Market is called a Reverse Stock Split, we can call it "Reverse Coin Split".  Here's how it will work:

Designate a block that when reached will half Circulating Supply while AT THE SAME TIME signal all participating exchanges, wallets to DOUBLE THE PRICE when that block is hit on the chain.  To a certain extent Kraken did something similar with my account with ETH/ETC I've had double coins ever since that fork.

...The main objective is to overcome the "Psychological Barrier" related to circulating supply ...Things are moving too fast now and powerful new players are entering the space.  It's just a matter of time till a new "Coin" a new "DAO" if you would, with the objective of being a transactional or micropayment Currency hits the space.

Cheers!  Go, go $XVG"

Hope that all ideas and suggestions can be looked at by the xvg dev team. One day we are heading to prosper with price surging up. I am keeping the faith.
GRR

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:47:07 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2017, 08:05:25 AM by GRR

Simple havling won't automatically double the price. You better read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_milkmaid_and_her_pail

As the dev said, the price is generated by the market, not by an individual manipulating the coin. If you claim to be a financially well versed guy, such statements pretty much indicate the opposite. Other coins tried it as well, which generated some initial hype, but nothing lasting. I don't see the point really. It is not a psychological barrier, it is just some concept people like you make up. It changes nothing of the inherent value of the coin, because it does not matter if you pay 500 coins worth 1$ or 250 coins worth 1$ dollar, they are just different numbers with relative value that the market decides. Huge supply also worked well for coins like DOGE and XRP, where you paid hundreds/thousands of coins for small transactions until their recent rises in market cap. You also don't know how high the markets value of the coin will rise. In a year we may see 500 billion market cap. If you go to 13,5b market cap, which is not unrealistic for some project these days, you still have 1$. Also it should be mentioned, that 1$ is quite a lot for some people/in some countries. So something that is not worth a whole house (like BTC, yes relative numbers again) may also reach out to other people with lower monetary supply, when they can pay 1 VERGE that maybe equals 0.05$

To even think about stuff like halving at these early stages is just a waste of time and especially work, which could be spent developing other things.
regnar75

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:46:29 AM

Simple havling won't automatically double the price. You better read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_milkmaid_and_her_pail

As the dev said, the price is generated by the market, not by an individual manipulating the coin. If you claim to be a financially well versed guy, such statements pretty much indicate the opposite. Other coins tried it as well, which generated some initial hype, but nothing lasting. I don't see the point really. It is not a psychological barrier, it is just some concept people like you make up. It changes nothing of the inherent value of the coin, because it does not matter if you pay 500 coins worth 1$ or 250 coins worth 1$ dollar, they are just different numbers with relative value that the market decides. Huge supply also worked well for coins like DOGE and XRP, where you paid hundreds/thousands of coins for small transactions until their recent rises in market cap. You also don't know how high the markets value of the coin will rise. In a year we may see 500 billion market cap. If you go to 13,5b market cap, which is not unrealistic for some project these days, you still have 1$. Also it should be mentioned, that 1$ is quite a lot for some people/in some countries. So something that is not worth a whole house (like BTC, yes relative numbers again) may also reach out to other people with lower monetary supply, when they can pay 1 VERGE that maybe equals 0.05$

To even think about stuff like halving at these early stages is just a waste of time and especially work, which could be spent developing other things.

Well said. Price is determined by supply and demand, and changing one does not mean that the other won't change too. For example reverse coin split would shift supply curve to the left and theoretically shift price equilibrium up along that demand curve, but this does not account for any consequences perceived by markets of this split. Which would effectively be the repossession and burning of people's coins, which is taboo in the world of crypto. For all we know demand will decrease because people fear coins with developing teams who are for this method of manipulations, and though the supply decreases, demand drops as well, effectively doubling losses, and making recovery especially unlikely, seeing as there is plenty of competition and a fork could be implemented.

Secondly verge is not targeted towards pricing itself to a cryptocurrency market cap of 115 billion. In fact verge is in better position to handle transactions and scaling to levels of actual countries m2s, even if it may be older levels. It's a novel approach guys and it's good to think about things like this, but I think a reverse split and reduction of coins is targeting short term prices and cap, and not looking far enough in the future at prices and usability.

Keep up the good work dev. I'm predicting 500 sats post smart contracts, and bigger markets from there.
Mr. Sovereign

Activity: 534

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:02:30 PM

yeah that's just not going to happen though. the price is created by the market, not me, and there is no "price automatically doubles" in crypto. but yeah, i get what you guys are saying. more rare = more enticing for noobs that dont understand crypto. that just isn't what we're trying to achieve, but thanks for the input gentlemen =]

Good.  Things like new mining algorithms or moving to POS are debatable, but messing around with the cap seems to be more of a central bank move.  And isn't that kind of manipulation one of the things we are trying to get away from?
GRR

Activity: 249

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:11:50 PM

Good.  Things like new mining algorithms or moving to POS are debatable, but messing around with the cap seems to be more of a central bank move.  And isn't that kind of manipulation one of the things we are trying to get away from?

Yes, it is exactly that kind of manipulation, even if it is something that sounds reasonable and is of innocent nature in the first place. But however, by opening the doors for centralized manipulation, you eliminate ALL TRUST, which is most likely the worst case scenario that can happen in cryptoworld. The markets usually react in a harsh way to dodgy things like that. Sometimes they don't, but chances are they will.
Jeantheboy

I love argumentation.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 12:26:39 PM

That is correct: price is always decided by market forces. But the decision is actually made up of points in time. Market always decides from some point onwards. There is NO intrinsic value. Inherent or intrinsic value is what has been discussed in economic environments for centuries. There exists value. It is the only existing concept. The materialization of value is the numeric representation, otherwise known as price everybody is familiar with.
From a point in time onwards a market decides anything about the value of an asset and numerically represents it. You may even merge ten coins into one, thus generating a tenfold price to preserve the total market value of the coin asset; well, you start from that point, and the market will decide how to price that asset.
A stock merge may not be something usual in finance, but it may occur, and the how is quite logical.
Just get rid of the inherent value of anything. Not even gold has intrinsic value. It is psychological residues transmitted through time and space, and taken by masses of individuals to be true.
You just said what I am saying "it does not matter if you pay 500 coins worth 1$ or 250 coins worth 1$ dollar, they are just different numbers with relative value that the market decides".
The market decides from a point in time. Simply let it decide. In the meantime, the price doubles, thus preserving the total market capitalization.

You talk to me as if I am the only manipulator in existence. A producer or distributor of an item puts its products into the market and he discretionally sets the starting price. Is he a manipulator? YES, :-) he is part of the market, and he decides a price. Perhaps this price will be obliterated by other portions of the market. LET IT BE. Markets manipulate all the time.
In a stock merge case, manipulation is really at its lowest because the market cap is preserved.

At any rate, thinking out the box is important, and concepts like inherent value should be done away with. They are detached from reality.

Use Binance for day trading, and for buying-and-holding blockchain assets. Exchange fee is only 0.1%.
Jeantheboy

I love argumentation.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 12:34:36 PM

Yes, it is exactly that kind of manipulation, even if it is something that sounds reasonable and is of innocent nature in the first place. But however, by opening the doors for centralized manipulation, you eliminate ALL TRUST, which is most likely the worst case scenario that can happen in cryptoworld. The markets usually react in a harsh way to dodgy things like that. Sometimes they don't, but chances are they will.

"Sometimes they don't." Well said. there are tons of fiat currencies supported by billions of people all over the world. Most people appear to react gladly to the outrageous "manipulations" exerted by the states. I say quote unquote "manipulations" because I seriously believe that it is the masses that ultimately decide that a fiat currency is to be inflated: a representative just does what his masses want.

Slemicek

Activity: 139
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:39:13 PM

Hey guys, can you please help? I sent some xvg to my paper wallet. It´s been 12 hours now. Through Electrum wallet I checked balance, it arrived but transaction is not verified yet and there is only 1 confirmation. Is that normal?  I sent form bittrex with auto-set fee. Thank you very much for any answer.

Reopened.
Okay seems like XVG electrum has this issue :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330626.0

I have my xvg transactions confirmed here http://yiimp.ccminer.org/explorer/XVG

but Electreum xvg still writing all my transactions as unverified. But reopening electrum doesnt work and deleting blockchain headers neither.

Mb this is problem ?

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /blockchain_headers was not found on this server.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at electrum-verge.xyz Port 80</address>
</body></html>

yeah, even though it says unverified, it's still spendable. i was actually fixing it just now. thanks for reporting it!

EDIT: fixed!

Electrum still doesn´t work properly (at least for me)
Transactions are still unverified, what should be size  of file blockchain-headers? Mine is 99819Kb , is that enough ?
Thx

yeah, it should work for any future transactions. i'm still looking into it. in the mean time, they are spendable though.

OK. I let my xvg in paper wallet. Hope they will be spendable in future .
Next issue is when I want to sweep paper wallet to coinomi or xvg android wallet there is no sweep option. I need to fill passphrase which I obv dont have with my paper wallet, I only have private key and so cannot restore wallet on android.

chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:06:39 PM

I agree, cutting the supply would backfire.  I won't look at a coin a second time if they play around with things like that.  To sketchy.   But if you really wanted to piss people off, we should double the supply. Tongue  Sometimes when you show people it's a double edge sword they stop and think about it a little more. 

I do think we should split the mining rewards and have a marketing/development fund to support Verge.  10% to the fund 90% for the miners.  or 20-80. 

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 01:27:08 PM

Hey guys, can you please help? I sent some xvg to my paper wallet. It´s been 12 hours now. Through Electrum wallet I checked balance, it arrived but transaction is not verified yet and there is only 1 confirmation. Is that normal?  I sent form bittrex with auto-set fee. Thank you very much for any answer.

Reopened.

but Electreum xvg still writing all my transactions as unverified. But reopening electrum doesnt work and deleting blockchain headers neither.

Mb this is problem ?

<html><head>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<hr>
</body></html>

yeah, even though it says unverified, it's still spendable. i was actually fixing it just now. thanks for reporting it!

Transactions are still unverified, what should be size  of file blockchain-headers? Mine is 99819Kb , is that enough ?
Thx

yeah, it should work for any future transactions. i'm still looking into it. in the mean time, they are spendable though.

Next issue is when I want to sweep paper wallet to coinomi or xvg android wallet there is no sweep option. I need to fill passphrase which I obv dont have with my paper wallet, I only have private key and so cannot restore wallet on android.

you can convert your seed phrase into a private key using this tool: https://coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html

Slemicek

Activity: 139
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:35:39 PM

Quote from: Slemicek
link=topic=1365894.msg19696419#msg19696419 date=1498070816

Reopened.

Mb this is problem ?

<html><head>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<hr>
</body></html>

Thx

you can convert your seed phrase into a private key using this tool: https://coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html

Yes, but I don't have seed phrase, I printed xvg paper wallet, so I have only pB adress and private key. Coinomi should have this sweep option to restore wallet from private key, but for xvg there is none, same for xvg apk.
dbkeys

Activity: 484
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:06:58 PM

Reverse coin-split is too risky. @dogedarkdev has decided in any case that won't happen.   IMO a better idea is to modulate the block rewards going forward, to better match demand for the coin.

Basic economics dictate that when there is an over-supply, there will be a reduction in unit price. ¿How can the coin network sense demand?  Very simple. Hashrate on the network is strongly correlated with demand. The higher the hashrate, the higher demand there is for the coin.

So, scan the blockchain back a certain amount of time (or a certain number of blocks) and determine what the peak hash rate the network has experienced is.  This will require averaging the hashrate over a certain size "sliding window" of 'x' blocks.  Then determine the current hashrate (over the last 'x' blocks) take the ratio current_hashrate / peak_hashrate, and multiply the block reward by this number.

This way, if the current hashrate is 1/2 of what the peak is, the block reward will be 1/2 of the theoretical maximum.  The result is that less new coins are available for the market; only if hashrate reaches peak value, then reward reaches peak value. Nothing else is changed: in the end, total emission will be the same, but it might be slowed down getting there.

DNS Seeder / Node Trackers
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 09:49:34 PM

Reverse coin-split is too risky. @dogedarkdev has decided in any case that won't happen.   IMO a better idea is to modulate the block rewards going forward, to better match demand for the coin.

Basic economics dictate that when there is an over-supply, there will be a reduction in unit price. ¿How can the coin network sense demand?  Very simple. Hashrate on the network is strongly correlated with demand. The higher the hashrate, the higher demand there is for the coin.

So, scan the blockchain back a certain amount of time (or a certain number of blocks) and determine what the peak hash rate the network has experienced is.  This will require averaging the hashrate over a certain size "sliding window" of 'x' blocks.  Then determine the current hashrate (over the last 'x' blocks) take the ratio current_hashrate / peak_hashrate, and multiply the block reward by this number.

This way, if the current hashrate is 1/2 of what the peak is, the block reward will be 1/2 of the theoretical maximum.  The result is that less new coins are available for the market; only if hashrate reaches peak value, then reward reaches peak value. Nothing else is changed: in the end, total emission will be the same, but it might be slowed down getting there.

yeah, but scarcity isnt an issue. we're 80%+ thru our distribution phase, and accessibility to the coin is what we aim for, second to privacy. we don't want to pull some dramatic move to increase the price through reduction of supply.

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 09:51:57 PM

Quote from: Slemicek
link=topic=1365894.msg19696419#msg19696419 date=1498070816

Reopened.

Mb this is problem ?

<html><head>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<hr>
</body></html>

Thx

Yes, but I don't have seed phrase, I printed xvg paper wallet, so I have only pB adress and private key. Coinomi should have this sweep option to restore wallet from private key, but for xvg there is none, same for xvg apk.

you can always tweet coinomi about adding new features. the option im thinking is you can convert your android wallets seedphrase into a private key and import it into your desktop wallet, so that both desktop and android have the same address.

Phanti

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:43:23 AM

Hey there,

I'd like to ask, how i can store my verges safe offline apart from the paper wallet. Is there a way to store them on a hardware device?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Phanti
Metros

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:52:48 AM

IS there any benefit for long-term Verge holders?

I mean, something like stake/masternodes/harvest/fees/revenue

Can I actually gain something from keeping XVG's on my wallet?
dbkeys

Activity: 484
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:44:53 PM

Reverse coin-split is too risky. @dogedarkdev has decided in any case that won't happen.   IMO a better idea is to modulate the block rewards going forward, to better match demand for the coin.

yeah, but scarcity isnt an issue. we're 80%+ thru our distribution phase, and accessibility to the coin is what we aim for, second to privacy. we don't want to pull some dramatic move to increase the price through reduction of supply.

Well, this kind of modulation doesn't change anything at all  *if*  the hashrate stays high and/or keeps going up, so I don't think of it as being too dramatic... as say, a reverse coin split or a reduction in the total emission target.

Total emission target never changes, and  it only reduces block reward, but proportionately, gradually and temporarily, if there is a reduction in hashrate.    I think of it as paying the miners for how hard they are working.      Its effect is to maybe stretch out the distribution phase a bit and, at any given time, better match instantaneous demand to coin emission.

It could also be tempered by setting an absolute minimum reward and/or a maximum step-down to make it even gentler.

DNS Seeder / Node Trackers
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: