Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:11:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77018 times)
traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:22:26 PM

There was a countdown... What was that countdown to?  Yet another botched release?

I was expecting a release today, all I saw was a pump and dump.

Yes I thought they had said it was a release today.  Still trying to find out what the announcement was. 
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:28:45 PM

365k buy order @ 4 BTC...  Not exactly chump change...  Watching closely.

I wish him the best of luck, the trend has been unforgiving this month.

Any specific day for info release...  Like a kid waiting on a new video game release lol...

Before the beginning of next week, we will give an exact time the day before.

Trak, with how much you follow the forum there is no way in hell you didn't see this post and the multiple others stating it was an information release.  Give me a break....

EDIT:  Of course no response back because he seen the post...  It's one thing to be on the fence about something, it's another to flat out bullshit lie.

Stop fudding bro..  so what was the 'information' release?
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 09:29:25 PM

There was a countdown... What was that countdown to?  Yet another botched release?

Yes I thought they had said it was a release today.  Still trying to find out what the announcement was. 

sigh

Okay I'll bite

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1427296.msg15615165#msg15615165

Or is that what you were dismissing as poetry?

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:59:06 PM

sigh

Okay I'll bite

Yeh I read this.. and yes is what I called poetry and wordsmithing.  We expected a product release, not a fancy picture telling us that the new technologically superior Darksilk will be back buy the inferior coin silk, propped up by bag holders hopes and dreams.  consequently you guys fucked over today's investors and yet again have botched another release with crafty wordsmithing. 

Shut up and release something and quit fucking with investors.  This is not even a scam.. I have no idea what it is.   
yell4george

Activity: 232

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:03:40 PM

Orestes didn't mentioned anything about a release, he told us there would be an announcement detailing the future use of Silk.

We all didn't know where silk stood in relation to darksilk. We now know that silk will be very important to the success of darkslk! This is great news for silk investors because we can rest assured that silk is not being overtaken or shadowed by drkslk. They both are important! There will be a symbiotic relationship between the two - they depend on each other to succeed! Darksilk by itself will/could be a great coin but chances are it will end up like every other altcoin with an initial pump and then slowly die, unless we gain user adoption. To gain user adoption we need people to use it. To use it we need the value to be stable. I don't want to sell goods or services for drkslk (or any coin) that changes dramatically in price. To gain real use we need a stable currency.

It's brilliant what silk network is/has developed. A binary coin system that offers a stable currency(drkslk) with amazing features and an asset(slk) that we can invest in!

Okay, that took me quite some time take in. Basically, were talking about a system that takes energy from one coin and moves it to another, and the same way around. This will result in a (medium to long-term) constant price in darksilk and fluctuating price in silk. Basically you're securitizing the currency with an asset, backed/managed by the Silk Network. Is this correct?

Yes, this is what i understand as well. It will be interesting to see the math behind it. Can't wait for the whitepaper!
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:04:06 PM

Yeh I read this.. and yes is what I called poetry and wordsmithing.  We expected a product release, not a fancy picture telling us that the new technologically superior Darksilk will be back buy the inferior coin silk, propped up by bag holders hopes and dreams.  consequently you guys fucked over today's investors and yet again have botched another release with crafty wordsmithing.  

Shut up and release something and quit fucking with investors.  This is not even a scam.. I have no idea what it is.  

In your case that's the only thing we know for certain.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 10:09:21 PM

365k buy order @ 4 BTC...  Not exactly chump change...  Watching closely.

I wish him the best of luck, the trend has been unforgiving this month.

Any specific day for info release...  Like a kid waiting on a new video game release lol...

Before the beginning of next week, we will give an exact time the day before.

Trak, with how much you follow the forum there is no way in hell you didn't see this post and the multiple others stating it was an information release.  Give me a break....

EDIT:  Of course no response back because he seen the post...  It's one thing to be on the fence about something, it's another to flat out bullshit lie.

Stop fudding bro..  so what was the 'information' release?

Really?  LOL Calling me a fudder?  Says someone who's account is only 4 months old...

OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 10:42:46 PM

There was a countdown... What was that countdown to?  Yet another botched release?

Yes I thought they had said it was a release today.  Still trying to find out what the announcement was.  

sigh

Okay I'll bite

Yeh I read this.. and yes is what I called poetry and wordsmithing.  We expected a product release, not a fancy picture telling us that the new technologically superior Darksilk will be back buy the inferior coin silk, propped up by bag holders hopes and dreams.  consequently you guys fucked over today's investors and yet again have botched another release with crafty wordsmithing.  e

Shut up and release something and quit fucking with investors.  This is not even a scam.. I have no idea what it is.  

Lol you have a real knack for putting a positive spin on things don't you little miss sunshine? "Today's investors".. anyone who actually invested today and is able to read should be happy with their decision. Anyone who picked some up this morning hoping to flip it for double tonight however.. well, they're not investors in the first place. And you of all people accusing someone of crafty wordsmithing  Cheesy Anyway, I think i'm starting to understand your role here. Crack on

yell4george

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:49:08 PM

Orestes, in your post you say, “As more transactions come through Weaver the more stable the coin will become, and the more pressure would be put on Silk.”

Can you elaborate on this, please? Are you talking about price stability? And what do you mean by “more pressure on silk”?

You also talk about “favoring large orders” on the weaver. Does this mean that if i want to buy say 100btc worth of drkslk i can buy it in on the weaver and get more than i would from a regular exchange? Because, obviously, when you buy that much you drive the price up ..
ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:05:09 PM

Yeh I read this.. and yes is what I called poetry and wordsmithing.  We expected a product release, not a fancy picture telling us that the new technologically superior Darksilk will be back buy the inferior coin silk, propped up by bag holders hopes and dreams.  consequently you guys fucked over today's investors and yet again have botched another release with crafty wordsmithing.  

In your case that's the only thing we know for certain.

Love this
I was just about to write that down myself
but you've summed it up brilliantly

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
ttoroie

Activity: 404

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:05:28 PM

A picture paints a thousand words

There cannot be Darksilk(Camel shadows) without Silk(real Camels)

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:07:22 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2016, 01:08:17 AM by Orestes

Orestes, in your post you say, “As more transactions come through Weaver the more stable the coin will become, and the more pressure would be put on Silk.”

Can you elaborate on this, please? Are you talking about price stability? And what do you mean by “more pressure on silk”?

Well the system uses Silk in order to process transactions, this will put pressure on the asset pricing. As more transactions come through the more we are able to securitise DarkSilk and stabilise it.

You also talk about “favoring large orders” on the weaver. Does this mean that if i want to buy say 100btc worth of drkslk i can buy it in on the weaver and get more than i would from a regular exchange? Because, obviously, when you buy that much you drive the price up ..

Not on Weaver, Weaver will favour larger transactions. While price impact increases(dry markets, high spreads) on exchanges it will actually decrease on Weaver. The coming white paper will explain this in more detail.

yell4george

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 12:10:23 AM

A picture paints a thousand words

There cannot be Darksilk(Camel shadows) without Silk(real Camels)

Perfect!
Delita Heiral

Activity: 263

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 04:45:54 AM

Extremely poor form.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 05:36:57 AM

Extremely poor form.

I totally agree, a lot of new investors/potential supporters got fucked in the ass yesterday.

Very poor form indeed.

As someone who has been holding/following for nearly 1 year, I'm upset at the tactics used yesterday.

Shame on everyone involved.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 06:17:56 AM

Extremely poor form.

I totally agree, a lot of new investors/potential supporters got fucked in the ass yesterday.

Very poor form indeed.

As someone who has been holding/following for nearly 1 year, I'm upset at the tactics used yesterday.

I think I started following this coin in February. It looked like a very nice project, different from the others.
I totally agree with what you said.

I give them one last chance before dumping my coins.
OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 07:03:39 AM

How so?

Orestes

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 07:30:25 AM

Extremely poor form.

Very poor form indeed.

I think I started following this coin in February. It looked like a very nice project, different from the others.
I totally agree with what you said.

I give them one last chance before dumping my coins.

Hmm I would take that one on me then. Enthusiasm might have gotten hold of me because this project is different from any other. I sent you guys a private message, if you are ok with it I would like to straighten things out.
Solero

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 07:42:36 AM

I don't see how anyone got F'd in the A. There would be more info about silk and exactly that is what we got. If you were expecting a release of the new silk you have been ill informed and drawn to hype. I'm looking forward to the whitepaper (hopefully) in the upcoming 2 weeks and it would be great if (the end of) Juli would still be able for launch of the new silk as has once been stated and has been withdrawn to be sure the tech (both Silk and Darksilk) would be ready for it. In that case we can expect Darksilk before september, which sounds reasonable to me and should be for investors too.

Can't have sympathy for daytraders though. They don't care one bit for the project, but if anything they try to take enthousiast's silkinvestors money by the end of the day. I guess the hype made people blind for reading the real info, not unlike the works of gossip.
Xtrata

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:12:44 AM

Most of the people that got burned by the dump after the so called "pump" (wouldn't even call this a pump) are those that wanted to make fast profit.

There was no promise of a release of anything more than information about Silk's future, if you are not sure about what is coming, it is easy to just ask.

Althought in my opinion, the release of the news could have been better and more simplified, because I dont think I was the only one not really getting the concept of everything said there. This could also be one of the reasons why a few people sold their coins because they simply did not understand the news.

A lot of people that invest in coins just want easy and understanable news that leaves no doubt about their investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: