Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:58:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: actual number of people using Bitcoin?  (Read 60113 times)
asahi

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 12:10:18 PM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.
There is no way to determine the number of people using bitcoin. Maybe a million of people using bitcoin from 2009- 2016. But that is am not sure bitcoin become popupar and many people use it.

There is way if all bitcoin wallets will merge and have statistics.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 12:14:42 PM

Let's face the facts. The first 3 years of its history Bitcoin had been virtually unknown to a wider world, consistently reaching 50k transactions per day only by the end of 2012:

Before 2012, the number of transactions is even hard to estimate accurately. After 2012 and till now, the number of transactions has increased fivefold, and it took over 2 years to grow from 50k to just 100k (2013-mid 2015). Within the last 12 or so months this number increased over two times. Okay, Visa or Mastercard are most likely processing a lot more transactions (I don't really know by how much, so everyone is welcome to chime in on this), but what would happen to the Bitcoin network if the number of pending transactions all of sudden grew a dozen times? Would the network be able to process, say, 2,500k transactions daily? And a 250k city is by no means a tiny one, to be honest (I guess that over 90% of all cities around the world are less than that)...

Even if totally omitting that such an analogy is meaningless itself (like your other analogies)

That's a long time in cyberspace dude. Pokémon Go is six month old and has 26 million daily users. Within two years most social media sites (facebook, MySpace, etc.) had millions of users. Apple Pay is two years old and has 4 million users. AmazonPayments had over 2 million users the first year of operation. In 2012, a stock of about 17 million M-Pesa accounts had been registered in Kenya alone. That's after only 5 years in operation. In cyberspace 6 years is an eternity. Bitcoin is becoming the grandfather of online payment systems.

Are you serious about Pokémon Go and shit like that, mate? In half a year no one will give a fuck about that crap anymore (since new wacky crap will surely come about). I'm curious if you yourself really understand how skewed, distorted and biased your analogies are? What does a game have to do with a currency? On the other hand, Bitcoin is a decentralized payment processor of sorts, but there were quite a few other Internet payment processors already before it and most, if not all, had established companies backing them (Apple, Amazon, whatever)...

Bitcoin was born into tough competition with essentially nothing behind it

So you can't read past the first sentence of a post, huh? What does M-Pesa, AmazonPayments and Apple Pay have to do with Bitcoin? Um, let's see? Everything since they're younger than Bitcoin and overtaking Bitcoin's payment processor markets. Masses of businesses that used to accept Bitcoin have stopped taking Bitcoin because no one uses Bitcoin to shop there. Even Patrick Byrne from overstock.com, the huge supporter of businesses that accept Bitcoin, said he would eventually stop accepting Bitcoin when the final iteration of "virtual gold" is widespread.

dhampir-D

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 10:05:37 PM

Is there a way to determine the number of people who are actually using Bitcoin till date? Who would have access to such information? Meaning a way to find out, how many new people have used Bitcoin in 2016 , so that we can say exponential growth is natural not artificially created by hoarders.
There is no way to determine the number of people using bitcoin. Maybe a million of people using bitcoin from 2009- 2016. But that is am not sure bitcoin become popupar and many people use it.
It's really hard to get that information right now. Perhaps, when Bitcoin becomes mainstream, some serious research institution will begin to make statistical analysis about it. What is known at the moment is that Bitcoin has a much higher number of users than it had a few years ago.
stark101

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 12:27:36 AM

Well the actual number of people using bitcoin is really hard to identify, because it really needs a long process, need questions and interviews and even statistical report. But according to publicly available data, there are now over 10 million bitcoin wallets. Perhaps the most informative statistic of all transaction volume: the number of transactions has also grown impressively, from roughly 80,000 a day to more than 200,000 without showing any signs of slowing.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:00:46 AM

bitcoin is a currency that can be accessed around the world, to determine the number of people using bitcoin is a difficulty, maybe blockchain can give you solution

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:55:15 AM

it seems to be hard to determine the actual number or population of bitcoin users suppose that the number of people who are in this forum is just a small percentage of total number of people around the world that uses bitcoin. it's very hard because you need to make a statistics and census and we all know that most users are anonymously dealing with bitcoin.
agamasrori

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:42:58 AM

it seems to be hard to determine the actual number or population of bitcoin users suppose that the number of people who are in this forum is just a small percentage of total number of people around the world that uses bitcoin. it's very hard because you need to make a statistics and census and we all know that most users are anonymously dealing with bitcoin.
You right, even we use data from blockchain we still can not determine the actual number of people who using bitcoin. Becouse one person could be have more than one wallet.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
Jating

Activity: 2968
Merit: 825

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 04:27:26 PM

You right, even we use data from blockchain we still can not determine the actual number of people who using bitcoin. Becouse one person could be have more than one wallet.

Maybe it is not too necessary to know the number of people using the bitcoin. As long as there are more transactions, that is good.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Diana Clark

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:07:14 AM

Other stats such as how many addresses have move in the 6 to 2 months would help. I think It can be nailed with a reasonable margin of error
maxdeielle

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:45:39 AM

I guess, it would be hard to figure it out on the numbers of actual bitcoin users since there are alt users, making new accounts,.

Figuring it out on how many are totally existing account with per users will be more precise on how many people are using bitcoins.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:20:28 AM

I guess, it would be hard to figure it out on the numbers of actual bitcoin users since there are alt users, making new accounts,.

Figuring it out on how many are totally existing account with per users will be more precise on how many people are using bitcoins.

At this point it will be impossible but that statistical count will be possible in the future. When government will regulate the use of bitcoin and there will be only one registered wallet per individual then an actual count is easy. Aside from gathering statistical datas, scammer and hackers will be easily identified and it will provide more security to users. But I hope if the government places regulation they will not place huge taxes on bitcoins.
vindicare

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:45:52 AM

you can't see the real actual number people using bitcoin because some will make 2-3 wallets and just change their name so you can't spot them easily . It's better that way as Bitcoin is made to have an anonymity online and government can't track us .
Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:06:45 AM

I think the user is bitcoin in this world is about 5% of the world population. This is because the bitcoin is very popular in china contributed about 15% of the entire world population. We all know, in China bitcoin is very popular.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:20:27 AM

To find out actual number of people using bitcoin bitcoin I think only the creator knows, because I'm sure they hold the data on the number bitcoin. If to know the number of bitcoin on the number of people who use the wallet I think it is not effective, because the fact that one person can have multiple wallet. But I predict more than 1 million people using bitcoin.
skyway1

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:43:46 AM

I think the user is bitcoin in this world is about 5% of the world population. This is because the bitcoin is very popular in china contributed about 15% of the entire world population. We all know, in China bitcoin is very popular.
i think a huge number of people are using bitcoin in huge amount because there is many countries their people are using bitcoin in huge amount and i think bitcoin is very much popular in rich countries and bitcoin users is very much lower in poor countries.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:51:16 AM

i think a huge number of people are using bitcoin in huge amount because there is many countries their people are using bitcoin in huge amount and i think bitcoin is very much popular in rich countries and bitcoin users is very much lower in poor countries.

It depends on what kind of usage you are talking about when you say that Bitcoin is popular in wealthy countries. If you look at the currency aspect, then wealthy countries will have less incentive to use Bitcoin as currency tool as their fiat based payment platforms outperform Bitcoin in any possible way. If you're talking about the store of value aspect, then yes, more and more people are realizing that storing a part of their money outside the banking and governmental system is the way to go. People in poor countries have way less access to internet and capable devices, so in that regard it's easy to assume that the overall usage there is lower than for example in better developed countries.
fuathan3

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 11:20:47 AM

It's difficult to get even an approximation of the real value, and I would be surprised if anyone managed to get a good number for it, without very high error margins, of course.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 03:54:19 PM

It depends on what kind of usage you are talking about when you say that Bitcoin is popular in wealthy countries. If you look at the currency aspect, then wealthy countries will have less incentive to use Bitcoin as currency tool as their fiat based payment platforms outperform Bitcoin in any possible way

It looks like this point can be successfully challenged

While I don't outright deny that the payment platforms (e.g. Visa and Friends) in the developed countries might outperform Bitcoin (though this is debatable per se), you obviously omit a few other things which may question the validity of your point. First of all, Bitcoin seems not to be used widely as a currency simply because there are not too many merchants accepting it and not because the fiat payment processors are somehow more efficient than Bitcoin. Besides that, the monetary function of storing value is obviously standing in the way of the means of exchange function. Fiat is typically considered as a poor store of value overall, which gives it advantage over Bitcoin (if that could be called so at all, of course). The latter seems to be another reason for not using Bitcoin as a currency

Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:09:04 PM

You might have a point but you can't able to conclude on such matter because so matter how ric or poor a country bitcoin is still famous the fact only here is that rich countries does really have the capability to adopt faster since they are advance regarding on resource and on technology.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Nevis

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 05:04:52 PM

Thats still a question.But if we depends on the number of bitcoin adresses flowing in the internet it maybe billions of people using bitcoins specialy in our new technology age
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: