Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:36:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain's Released Antminer S9, World's First 16nm Miner Ready to Order  (Read 530832 times)
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:10:43 AM

i really wonder how they determine if the board is "unrepairable"

i would imagine since they made it, that they can repair anything.. even if it had a few bad chips, or a burnt out capacitor or something..

im thinking this is just a blanket excuse to not repair anything..

i noted on their site, at one time, it basically said that if you dont mine with antpool it may void warranty.. they have since removed that..

now it just says something about being burnt.. but realistically, if something goes wrong on these, its going to burn?? its kind of what electronics do when they fail..

id5

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 06:36:01 AM

Bitmain's latest wheeze is not to accept packages from courier's forcing them to be returned to the sender.

I had two boards from two different S7's that died, raised repair tickets and sent them, one is one its way back the other will be at some point. Now the warranty period has run out so they will not repair them.

Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:21:47 AM

Even though I do not fancy Bitmains violation of the Cgminer license and they should publish the code for BMminer, I never had issues with Reparring. more than 15 S5 boards and 1 S7 board and 2 dead S9, they are all fixed by Bitmain under warranty. No doubt the boards could be better design wise, but repair wise I never had problems.

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:33:40 AM

Well if it is exactly as you say, that sounds pretty pathetic.  If the board isn't fixable it isn't under warranty?  That doesn't sound reasonable for a brand new device.

Really bad.

I don't think bitmain care about miners actually, only their profits. Seems to me Chinese own bitcoin now, both in hardware manufacturing & mining power - they don't need to care about us small guys anymore. Mining bitcoin is finished, it has become centralised.

Algo change time.

Bitcoin has been "centralized" for at least 2 years & no one realizes it  Sad

Back to GPUs guys!!!! I'm ready & mining with my GPUs making .017 btc per day with less than 500 watts  Cheesy

May not last much longer but I can sell my GPUs for at least 70% of what bought I em for  Cool

.!.. ASICs!!!!!!  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
random699

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 03:57:23 PM

Would just like to inform all of you guys to be VERY careful dealing with BitMainTech, you should know that they REFUSE to sell to China, not a single Miner S9 is SOLD to China.

Can here many saying "will sue them in Hong Kong" which COMPLETELY USELESS sorry to disappoint all of you Hong Kong has 0 and I mean ZERO jurisdiction in CHINA that is why it is called SAR (Special Administrative Region) in other terms USELESS ....

On the other end what could be done is in China Mainland and that is another story, they are located in Beijin, Shenzhen which are extremely powerful cities in terms of law.

So there could be something done there, personnaly thing this ripp off should STOP once and for all.

At first stop sending stuff directly to them and make a central in Hong Kong to receive your goods, eventually rent a warehouse all togheter, receive goods and send Via local HK-China delivery service. Than always use something traceable such as WeChat, Whatsapp, emails etc ... with picture at the moment of delivery.

If some of you are really intersted we could find a more logic solution to all of this mess.

This is my post for anyone intersted

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1577531.new#new
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2602

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 04:31:15 PM

Would just like to inform all of you guys to be VERY careful dealing with BitMainTech, you should know that they REFUSE to sell to China, not a single Miner S9 is SOLD to China.
<snip>
Proof of no s9 sales to China? Without that you are just trolling.

Zero interest in your idea

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2016, 04:43:04 PM

...you should know that they REFUSE to sell to China, not a single Miner S9 is SOLD to China.

Not sure where you got your info from, but I can assure you that they do sell units in China, it's their biggest market. That's why they have a site especially for China - in Chinese of course.......

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
random699

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 06:07:19 PM

Don't try playing with me you will loose, 真的不要 。。。哪里有S9?
Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 06:21:02 PM

What is "loose" did you mean "lose"?
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 06:25:17 PM

You're already lost...

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020160720030451168OpKu9Hc60687

And they all ended up for sale on Aliexpress for 2100,- + $ a pcs inclusive PSU Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
So I do not see these 999 miners going online in near future.

random699

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 02:41:28 PM

Well as it seems 0 have been sold ... now I can elaborate, we have bought more than 300 S3, S3+, S5, S5+, S7, in total since we started buying for Bitmaintech, we have sent back countless machines for repair, we never got any of them repaired under warranty excuses are so many that we didn't ever bother replying to them.  The only time we did get our machines back is when we were buying throw cybtc.com and they were taking care of running after Bitmain.  We have stopped mining because of them, in the end we NEVER got our money back.

Reasons:

- Delay in Delivery and as we all know in mining time is money.

- Price always way too expensive for logical ROI and raise of difficulty.

- Many machine broken way before ROI was reached.

- Communication with tech support is really bad, no matter what is always our fault.

- We cannot test machines in China because if they ship into China before we ship out, we must pay 17% Tax.

- When machines reach our destination it costs a fortune to ship back.

It is true we do not have choice but to buy from them, Avalon doesn't compete we all know that, there are no other ASIC miners except them.

When speaking with them they simply act like "THE ALL MIGHTY" is simple from my point of view, we know they mine with those machines before they ship them is obvious, so please at least respect us when is perfectly known that those machines are not new.

If you do not want to sell simply do not sell, but selling and having a complete lack of respect for fellow customer is not Honorable.

Chinese can buy but please price is almost 30% more expensive than export price be serious, they know no one buys in China also please pay attention that 12.7T was completely unstable and not sold in China due to buring boards and high temp.

So those of you who are criticizing what is said here, let me know who didn't have those kind of issues???

Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 03:50:18 PM

Well as it seems 0 have been sold ... now I can elaborate, we have bought more than 300 S3, S3+, S5, S5+, S7, in total since we started buying for Bitmaintech, we have sent back countless machines for repair, we never got any of them repaired under warranty excuses are so many that we didn't ever bother replying to them.  The only time we did get our machines back is when we were buying throw cybtc.com and they were taking care of running after Bitmain.  We have stopped mining because of them, in the end we NEVER got our money back.

Reasons:

- Delay in Delivery and as we all know in mining time is money.

- Price always way too expensive for logical ROI and raise of difficulty.

- Many machine broken way before ROI was reached.

- Communication with tech support is really bad, no matter what is always our fault.

- We cannot test machines in China because if they ship into China before we ship out, we must pay 17% Tax.

- When machines reach our destination it costs a fortune to ship back.

It is true we do not have choice but to buy from them, Avalon doesn't compete we all know that, there are no other ASIC miners except them.

When speaking with them they simply act like "THE ALL MIGHTY" is simple from my point of view, we know they mine with those machines before they ship them is obvious, so please at least respect us when is perfectly known that those machines are not new.

If you do not want to sell simply do not sell, but selling and having a complete lack of respect for fellow customer is not Honorable.

Chinese can buy but please price is almost 30% more expensive than export price be serious, they know no one buys in China also please pay attention that 12.7T was completely unstable and not sold in China due to buring boards and high temp.

So those of you who are criticizing what is said here, let me know who didn't have those kind of issues???

What the hell do you posting the same text  in two different thread ?
First  first read about posting rules.
Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 03:58:23 PM

Can here many saying "will sue them in Hong Kong" which COMPLETELY USELESS sorry to disappoint all of you Hong Kong has 0 and I mean ZERO jurisdiction in CHINA that is why it is called SAR (Special Administrative Region) in other terms USELESS ....

On the other end what could be done is in China Mainland and that is another story, they are located in Beijin, Shenzhen which are extremely powerful cities in terms of law.

So there could be something done there, personnaly thing this ripp off should STOP once and for all.

At first stop sending stuff directly to them and make a central in Hong Kong to receive your goods, eventually rent a warehouse all togheter, receive goods and send Via local HK-China delivery service. Than always use something traceable such as WeChat, Whatsapp, emails etc ... with picture at the moment of delivery.

If some of you are really intersted we could find a more logic solution to all of this mess.

For the sake of future of Bitcoin, that would be a great idea if Bitmain stopped selling their gear to China....
That would make it more fair for the rest of the Bitcoin network, since China, besides some other smaller players is the only country where you are able to bribe the Power suppliers by letting them get a little bit of the cake and by then get damn cheap power... So IF Bitmain decided to stopp sales to China, that would be healthy for Bitcoin ecosystem in the long run....BUT, I doubt Bitmain thought about this.

fuzion1

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 05:18:08 PM

Does anyone know when Bitmain will be releasing new batches of the S9?  It has been about a month since they ran out.  Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks!
Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 06:07:15 PM

I think its over with mining gear from Bitmain, until we see either Avalon specs and pricing. So nothing new until mid September.

Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 07:48:09 PM

Hi.

I bought 2 of Bitmain's Antminer S9's - the 2nd batch. 12.93 GH/s

I plugged both of them in at the same time  - in the same room.
They both started up and seemed to be running ok for  a few hours.
The temperatures were around 65 degrees C.
Then I noticed that on one of the S9's, one of the hashingboards was reading 0 GH/s
So i restarted it - and then the board was no longer listed on the Status Page.

This was day 1 - within a few hours of being plugged in.

Now bear in mind that I have also had 5, Antminer S7's also running in the same room + the other S9 - ALL WORKING PERFECTLY.
No heat problem, no electrical problem.

Ok, so I tell Bitmain what happened and they tell me to send back the hashing board - then I get this response:

EXCUSE ME?

So I just paid $1800 USD for a broken machine and you tell me that "because it's repairable" that is somehow my fault?!
Are you F**king kidding me?

Then they refer me to the warranty:

"3. In some cases, the warranty will be void, but Bitmain can still do repairs at your own expense if requested. The following events will void the warranty:

a. Customer removes/replaces any components by himself without receiving permission from Bitmain first;

b. Damage caused by poor power supply, lightning or voltage surges;

c. Burnt parts on hash boards or chips;

d. Miner/boards/components damage due to water immersion or corrosion due to wet environment."

Ok, let's see..

(a) does not apply - they told me to remove the hashing board and send it to them'
(b) does not apply - I have 5 other Antminers all running on the same power supply - same room - same temperatures. THEY ALL WORK.
(c) I didn't see any sign of burining on the board - if there is I assume it's because there is something wrong with it.
(d) does not apply

So basically they are trying to screw me.
I am probably going to have to sure them, luckily I have a very good lawyer in Hong Kong. So I will let you know what happens.

But anyway - I personally WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING from these con artists ever again and I seriously WARN anyone against giving these people any of your money - as they are not willing to replace faulty goods.

My Antminer S9 was faulty within a few hours of starting up.
How any serious business can pretend that that doesn't fall under warranty is beyond my comprehension - only a total asshole thieving lying scumbag would refuse a repair in such a situation.

So BITMAIN you can go and F**K YOURSELF. GOODBYE.

Did they give you a price on a new hash board?
random699

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:40:06 AM

What the hell do you posting the same text  in two different thread ?
First  first read about posting rules.

[/quote]

Don't worry bro Bitmain will till give you your F...commission you lousy currupted begger, if you want there some other ppls interested in your services and I guess you would be pleased to Lick some more A... now won't you??? If you had some good sens into you you would help ppls that have been fucked instead of insulting me for saying the Truth if they and you should learn that Aliexpress is Chinese Website but selling abroad for 99% of their business as well as Alibaba now you would say "is not Chinese " pff Huh For China you have Taobao that's real website for Chinese local market.

Now I want to know what has bitmain given you for you beeing so arrugant?? be honnest??
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1855

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:54:31 AM

It actually is kinda annoying to read the same [mostly incoherent and thoroughly profane] conversation in two different threads. You'll have a lot more people paying attention to your message if you're less of a mudslinging jerkass, especially to veterans.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 08:42:25 AM

It actually is kinda annoying to read the same [mostly incoherent and thoroughly profane] conversation in two different threads. You'll have a lot more people paying attention to your message if you're less of a mudslinging jerkass, especially to veterans.

Well put. Personally, I find it hard to take someone seriously when they only have 7 posts and a name like random699. There are too many trolls and folks with hidden agendas out their with low post counts and arbitrary names to take this particular person any more seriously than the next such person especially when the user's post history has a very specific theme.

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:13:03 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2016, 12:56:50 PM by Tupsu

Does anyone know when Bitmain will be releasing new batches of the S9?  It has been about a month since they ran out.  Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks!

I think he should be here soon with the new model.

S9 is dead for me.

Last week stopped working 2 x S9 miners center boards.  One from 650 model and one from 550 model. It was in the most cool place. The chips temperature was never above 95 degrees Celsius. At first, only xxxxxxxx After  restart board completely disappeared. This is not normal.

From 21 miners are three with broken boards.  This is too much.

I paid a total  for sending 3x S9 boards to  warranty  about 210 euro.

Batch 1 miner's warranty will be over soon .  What happens next ? How much does a repair charge after warranty ?

If Bitmain does not change its warranty policy, then I will not buy more S9.

Why do I have to pay for sending the miner parts, when it arrived with D.O.A. board ?

Why it took 45 days for  repair and  shipping one board?

Finally, they never sent me back  my board. I got back board with another serial number, and other design.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: