Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:15:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you accept bitcoin as your salary?  (Read 183516 times)
ubitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 04:07:53 PM

I will never prefer to get my salary in bitcon as it can be very risky if price falls to extreme level in future then it will give me less payments.
You are just talking about the one side of bitcoin price fluctuations. Like many people here, I'm too buying some bitcoins every month for the purpose of getting benefits when bitcoin prices are reaching some good price levels. So, directly getting bitcoins as a salary would eliminate my hassles of buying it regularly.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 04:14:49 PM

I will never prefer to get my salary in bitcon as it can be very risky if price falls to extreme level in future then it will give me less payments.
You are just talking about the one side of bitcoin price fluctuations. Like many people here, I'm too buying some bitcoins every month for the purpose of getting benefits when bitcoin prices are reaching some good price levels. So, directly getting bitcoins as a salary would eliminate my hassles of buying it regularly.

I think the problem of receiving salary in terms of bitcoin is the fluctuation of the price other than that bitcoin is great. For now you can take advantage because the value of bitcoin is very high but when the price will go down i think that is the biggest problem of the people who are receiving their salary in terms of bitcoin.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:45:58 PM

I think the problem of receiving salary in terms of bitcoin is the fluctuation of the price other than that bitcoin is great. For now you can take advantage because the value of bitcoin is very high but when the price will go down i think that is the biggest problem of the people who are receiving their salary in terms of bitcoin.
Receiving salary in bitcoin won't seems to be a good idea, we suffer in times of price falls, it is better to get the salary by cash and we can earn bitcoin from this forum.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:42:17 PM

For now, I cannot accept bitcoin as my salary. Its better to accept real and cash money from your company, however bitcoin has so many advantages here in our country. You can pay your bills (electricity, water, internet, tuition fees) without going to their offices and without hassle. If bitcoin has a chance on getting introduce in our country and if our government accepts it, then I will choose bitcoin as my salary.
That's a valid reason. You can't really accept bitcoins as your salary if your boss/company doesn't even know or is interested in it. Although even if I did not have your problem, I'd still prefer to be paid in cash. I don't want my salary to be changing everytime. I just want it to be stable so I don't have to worry about it losing value, even if there is a high chance of it gaining value.
tvuwyza

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:53:25 PM

Recently there has been only
positive cryptocurrency
growth and the fact that
workers are paid wages in
bitcoin it is a positive thing.
But if steady growth will
change the depreciation
then there is nothing good
there. Cryptocurrency is not
yet ready for it.
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:00:50 PM

At this moment i need to pay my bills with fiat or bank, which means either way i have to sell the bitcoins my boss bought.
Et al it won't make a difference for the price, for me and my boss it will because we lose on fees.
So it's better to get payment in bank for me.
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:39:27 PM

I will never prefer to get my salary in bitcoin as its price is never stable so I cannot have stable income for sure and if price drops extremely in future then it will a big issue to manage life.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:23:12 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2016, 08:25:07 PM by hase0278

Ill accept bitcoin in my salary if it is just a sideline. If it is a full time job I think I won't accept bitcoin as a salary because of two reasons. The first reason is that bitcoin is very volatile. I need to have some money to survive too so I don't like it when it's price is low. The second reason is that I need a stable source of fiat to get my daily needs.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:31:07 PM

I trust Bitcoin more than any bank. Banks are not holding any real money. This is an illusion. They hold and manage only digits in some databases. Cash is a different story.
well yeah bitcoin is a currency that can be trusted all the time, i hope that bitcoin will make me really big and i will be able to get it for salary

Getting salary in bitcoin is good but what  will you do if price falls to an extreme level in future, it would make difficult for you and your family to survive.
lol I think dumb when your firm require you to accept bitcoin as salary and when you receive it bitcoin salary. instead you hold for investment. I think as others people have said. preferably when you receive a salary of bitcoin. you should direct to konvert it to fiat to avoid price fluctuations
coin_gambler

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:37:20 PM

I will never prefer to get my salary in bitcoin as its price is never stable so I cannot have stable income for sure and if price drops extremely in future then it will a big issue to manage life.
i think that wouldnt be such a bad thing, in my opinion price fluctuations would allow me to gain even more money so i would like to get my salary in bitcoins

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
michelle1845

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:39:18 PM

I think when the bitcoin price becomes more stable this will become more frequent.
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:49:35 PM

i think that wouldnt be such a bad thing, in my opinion price fluctuations would allow me to gain even more money so i would like to get my salary in bitcoins

But what will you do if price falls to $100 in future? Will you still prefer to receive salary in bitcoins? It will be worst decision to make as no one knows how long bitcoin will survive.
ionomy

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:53:28 PM

It depends upon whether you have a large or a 'normal' salary that dictates the level of sways in volatility, a few dollars loss on a nominal salary isn't really going to be a problem whereas for example, a Premier league football player being paid in Bitcoin each week, they may loose thousands of dollars during a downswing of the market just blindly selling their BTC. Of course most people here will be somewhat savy with the digital market and perhaps have one eye on the charts thereby converting their BTC to FIAT at just the right time, perhaps even making a few dollars more as a little bonus; one thing is for sure and that is that the more BTC and the differing alt coins that are adopted mainstream - the better it is for us all.  
fitraok09
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1009

TRX: TCRKDukYt2zDie9vJDhToKrP3tyTV29U48

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:08:21 PM

no. like as you say
But given the instability of the bitcoins market value is it an advantage for the employees or an disadvantage.

therefore I just using bitcoin for fiat, and when I earn some bitcoin, I will directly convert my bitcoin to fiat. but sometimes I hold my bitcoins also only for waiting an up price Smiley
useless4

Activity: 389

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:12:03 PM

i also wouldnt like getting my salary in bitcoins, i think that i wouldnt get a chance to make good money and i wouldnt be able to make a living

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Agaguk24

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

Extended Reality Advertising

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:14:50 PM

Sadly, Bitcoin right now is much less useful than fiat money.

I like Bitcoin better, however, and also the other strong cryptos; problem with fiat is the out of control inflation and government control combined with lack of safe investment opportunities.

Problem with Bitcoin is also lack of safe investment opportunities, along with payment confirmation time (much slower than current banking system) - but the log term inflation profile of Bitcon is much better.

So no, I would not accept BTC as salary.

co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:21:50 PM

i also wouldnt like getting my salary in bitcoins, i think that i wouldnt get a chance to make good money and i wouldnt be able to make a living

Exactly its better to get an fixed salary in fiat rather then going for bitcoin as future of bitcoin is unpredictable and we never know what will happen to it in future.
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:26:12 PM

According to me I can't accept Bitcoin as My Salary Because there is a Problem Of Bitcoin that is The Volatility Of it. If this problem will not occurs and the price of Bitcoin Remains Stable Then I would be Happy to Accept Bitcoins as my Salary....
I do believe it will be relatively stable someday. Just it has to go through this period of growth and maturity. The fiat market is also volatile just not as much as bitcoin is.
lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:50:34 PM

According to me I can't accept Bitcoin as My Salary Because there is a Problem Of Bitcoin that is The Volatility Of it. If this problem will not occurs and the price of Bitcoin Remains Stable Then I would be Happy to Accept Bitcoins as my Salary....
I do believe it will be relatively stable someday. Just it has to go through this period of growth and maturity. The fiat market is also volatile just not as much as bitcoin is.
of course the price is going to be stable after some time, in my opinion i will accept it in the future but not right now as the price fluctuates
renbit

Activity: 257

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 10:56:45 PM

Yes , what's the job.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: