Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:10:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (JWL) JEWELS 🔷 HEROES LAUNCHED 🔷 1ST JWL USE CASE 🔷 TRADING ON BITTREX  (Read 212606 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 01:14:12 AM

Sorry about the late announcement. Next week if we are going to be on the show again we'll ensure that we let everyone know at least 48 hours in advance.  We are currently in the process of setting up a Steem page so if for example you don't have a Twitter but use Steem you'll be able to follow us there Smiley

Would also appreciate if you could post a reminder in the thread because I had forgotten about it and I don't use twitter so looking forward to hearing that recording, thanks.
Menereron

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 01:37:33 AM

After the end of the Jewels ICO and you launch Heroes will you be holding any promotional events within or some how utilizing your newly launched game Heroes to promote Jewels? Like some sort of tournament, or quest, etc...
LegendaryGamer

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 02:31:30 AM

I wanna hear more about the Rebirth project. I didn't hear this weeks show but if you guys didn't can you guys talk more about Rebirth at the next one? Concept ideas and that sort of stuff. I think it'd be cool to get a forum going as well where people like me can help you brain storm ideas about the  game. I really love writing lore so I think I'd be pretty good at helping write the back story for Rebirth assuming you intend to have one.
JewelsProject (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Official Jewels Dev Account.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 03:04:41 AM

Sorry about the late announcement. Next week if we are going to be on the show again we'll ensure that we let everyone know at least 48 hours in advance.  We are currently in the process of setting up a Steem page so if for example you don't have a Twitter but use Steem you'll be able to follow us there Smiley

Would also appreciate if you could post a reminder in the thread because I had forgotten about it and I don't use twitter so looking forward to hearing that recording, thanks.
Yes, we planned on doing that anyways.

After the end of the Jewels ICO and you launch Heroes will you be holding any promotional events within or some how utilizing your newly launched game Heroes to promote Jewels? Like some sort of tournament, or quest, etc...
While unclear at this time as to whether we'll be hosting any events directly after the ICO finishing as we feel first it would be best to let the market reach an equilibrium before giving out Jewels as prizes - this is partially why there is a lack of bounties. What is clear is that there will definitely be events in the future on Heroes that will offer this as well as other prizes.

I wanna hear more about the Rebirth project. I didn't hear this weeks show but if you guys didn't can you guys talk more about Rebirth at the next one? Concept ideas and that sort of stuff. I think it'd be cool to get a forum going as well where people like me can help you brain storm ideas about the  game. I really love writing lore so I think I'd be pretty good at helping write the back story for Rebirth assuming you intend to have one.
We're considering going for a second round of discussion over on Beyond Bitcoin as that will be the week after we're completed the ICO however we're unsure at this time what are objectives going into the second discussion are. I'll discuss with Chris whether if he feels next weeks hang out would be a good point in time to start talking about his ideas for the future Smiley

Join us on Slack, we'd love to talk to you about your own ideas there!

LegendaryGamer

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 03:24:24 AM

While unclear at this time as to whether we'll be hosting any events directly after the ICO finishing as we feel first it would be best to let the market reach an equilibrium before giving out Jewels as prizes - this is partially why there is a lack of bounties. What is clear is that there will definitely be events in the future on Heroes that will offer this as well as other prizes.

We're considering going for a second round of discussion over on Beyond Bitcoin as that will be the week after we're completed the ICO however we're unsure at this time what are objectives going into the second discussion are. I'll discuss with Chris whether if he feels next weeks hang out would be a good point in time to start talking about his ideas for the future Smiley

I'll check out Slack tomorrow since it's pretty late here. Are writers for like I said before lore/story something you guys will be looking to hire for Rebirth?
JewelsProject (OP)

Activity: 196

Official Jewels Dev Account.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 03:50:26 AM

I'll check out Slack tomorrow since it's pretty late here. Are writers for like I said before lore/story something you guys will be looking to hire for Rebirth?

This is something we may consider in the near future of Q1 2017, but until then this would not be as big of a priority as ours compared to securing graphic artists, 3d modelers and developers. Send us an email at jewels@apexconquer.com if you would like to keep in touch or reach out to us on Slack when you're available Smiley

freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 03:55:37 AM

You haven't answered the legal aspect of the question. Is gambling regulated in the country where you are operating? If it is and you need a gambling license, are you planning on applying for a gambling license (that usually costs a lot and takes months or sometimes years to approve). If it is regulated, and you are not planning to follow the regulation, you are going to be doing illegal gambling, which means that sooner or later if the business grows you'll get shutdown, and probably get a lot of legal trouble. In some countries, transgressors to gambling regulation can do a jail time. Luckily, you can just get rid of the problem entirely by using smart contracts. That's the reason prediction market site InTrade was busted for illegal gambling, but Augur can't be busted because it's not running in any specific jurisdiction.

Understanding how well you thought that one through is key to determining if your business is sustainable. If you get regulators on your back and are forced to shutdown due to breach of gambling regulation, this will jeopardize the project and our investment.

A gambling license is not needed given the current scope of our project. We are not offering direct fiat gambling and many games do this as well. Many games offer some way of gambling a bought currency in ways that are not even provably fair. To use Conquer Online as a primary example, they often hold events where you can buy "Demon Boxes" which summons a monster that when killed has a chance to double, triple, or even insane payouts like 100x the amount you used to buy the item. Such games do not require a gambling license either but to take this a step further Conquer Online also has built in poker into its native UI (as seen in the screenshots we've posted) which allows you to gamble in both currencies (Gold and the premium currency of the official game 'Conquer Points').

Allow me to further expand upon this point that sites like Counter Strike: GO Lounge and other Steam based raffle websites don't require gambling licenses either because they deal with commodities.

So your plan is "other people are doing it and not getting bust (yet) so it must be legal"? I get that Steam and Counterstrike are also doing something similar (albeit not the same) but I can guaranty you that Valve has got that through an army of lawyers before making this move and for all we know it's possible that they decided to operate the gambling business using an offshore company. Have you really checked what they did?

If you want to grow this business to a many million dollars business (that's the assumption here given your are raising funds), you have to be sure it's sustainable. There are two ways of doing that: consulting with a lawyer specialized in gambling regulation (and spend a lot of moneyband waste a lot of time and in the end probably end up with the embarassing realization that gambling in any form is illegal without a license) or getting rid entirely of the problem by moving the gambling operation out of your jurisdiction by either making an offshore company (again costly and time consumming) or much more effectively by encoding it in a smart contract.

I really insist that you have to have a plan on that. You can probably get away for a while doing like other Conquer servers that do gambling because that's a too small operation to draw the attention of regulators which is the real reason other Conquer servers have survived to date (note that I am not suggesting that you to do that, this is still illegal, just reflecting on the assumption you are probably going to do that anyway). But you have to have a more solid plan to scale legally if/when the business becomes too big to be ignored and you should be executing on that plan all along as it takes time to put things in place. I may be repeating myself but using smart contracts would get you rid of the problem entirely, and it only takes a moderately skillful developer with some knowledge of smart contracts (can learn Solidity in a couple of days) to crank a simple gambling contract and be done with the issue.
LegendaryGamer

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 04:53:49 AM

@JewelsProject thanks I'll be in touch via email tomorrow.

You haven't answered the legal aspect of the question. Is gambling regulated in the country where you are operating? If it is and you need a gambling license, are you planning on applying for a gambling license (that usually costs a lot and takes months or sometimes years to approve). If it is regulated, and you are not planning to follow the regulation, you are going to be doing illegal gambling, which means that sooner or later if the business grows you'll get shutdown, and probably get a lot of legal trouble. In some countries, transgressors to gambling regulation can do a jail time. Luckily, you can just get rid of the problem entirely by using smart contracts. That's the reason prediction market site InTrade was busted for illegal gambling, but Augur can't be busted because it's not running in any specific jurisdiction.

Understanding how well you thought that one through is key to determining if your business is sustainable. If you get regulators on your back and are forced to shutdown due to breach of gambling regulation, this will jeopardize the project and our investment.

A gambling license is not needed given the current scope of our project. We are not offering direct fiat gambling and many games do this as well. Many games offer some way of gambling a bought currency in ways that are not even provably fair. To use Conquer Online as a primary example, they often hold events where you can buy "Demon Boxes" which summons a monster that when killed has a chance to double, triple, or even insane payouts like 100x the amount you used to buy the item. Such games do not require a gambling license either but to take this a step further Conquer Online also has built in poker into its native UI (as seen in the screenshots we've posted) which allows you to gamble in both currencies (Gold and the premium currency of the official game 'Conquer Points').

Allow me to further expand upon this point that sites like Counter Strike: GO Lounge and other Steam based raffle websites don't require gambling licenses either because they deal with commodities.

So your plan is "other people are doing it and not getting bust (yet) so it must be legal"? I get that Steam and Counterstrike are also doing something similar (albeit not the same) but I can guaranty you that Valve has got that through an army of lawyers before making this move and for all we know it's possible that they decided to operate the gambling business using an offshore company. Have you really checked what they did?

If you want to grow this business to a many million dollars business (that's the assumption here given your are raising funds), you have to be sure it's sustainable. There are two ways of doing that: consulting with a lawyer specialized in gambling regulation (and spend a lot of moneyband waste a lot of time and in the end probably end up with the embarassing realization that gambling in any form is illegal without a license) or getting rid entirely of the problem by moving the gambling operation out of your jurisdiction by either making an offshore company (again costly and time consumming) or much more effectively by encoding it in a smart contract.

I really insist that you have to have a plan on that. You can probably get away for a while doing like other Conquer servers that do gambling because that's a too small operation to draw the attention of regulators which is the real reason other Conquer servers have survived to date (note that I am not suggesting that you to do that, this is still illegal, just reflecting on the assumption you are probably going to do that anyway). But you have to have a more solid plan to scale legally if/when the business becomes too big to be ignored and you should be executing on that plan all along as it takes time to put things in place. I may be repeating myself but using smart contracts would get you rid of the problem entirely, and it only takes a moderately skillful developer with some knowledge of smart contracts (can learn Solidity in a couple of days) to crank a simple gambling contract and be done with the issue.

Huh what are you on about dude? Every MMO I can think of has some form of gambling. Even games like Neopets which young kids play have gambling in them. Does you think Neopets operates with a gambling license when their primary audience is probably 8-14 year olds? What's the big difference here compared to every other MMO or website that offers this sort of stuff because I'm missing something lol
nor9850

Activity: 81

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 05:47:12 AM

@JewelsProject thanks I'll be in touch via email tomorrow.

Huh what are you on about dude? Every MMO I can think of has some form of gambling. Even games like Neopets which young kids play have gambling in them. Does you think Neopets operates with a gambling license when their primary audience is probably 8-14 year olds? What's the big difference here compared to every other MMO or website that offers this sort of stuff because I'm missing something lol

lol... neopets  that takes me back to being a kid, i don't think they would need gambling license either maybe its because it's not real currency or money they are gambling with and it's the same for other games, any legal experts??
freequant

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:18:02 AM

I haven't said no MMO is doing any sort of gambling. Whether a game has in-game gambling or not is not the point. The point is whether they use real-money or not. The vast majority are not real money MMOs and don't explicitely allow players to withdraw their gambling gains and convert them to cash. There are always players who trade ingame money for real money on the black market but since its explicitely disallowed in terms and conditions, this isn't under the responsibility of the game company unless it can be proven that they knew about it and didn't do anything to prevent it. Real money MMOs hat involve gambling are another problem entirely, and companies that develop them do consult lawyers and do the necessary things to make sure they remain on the right side of regulation. And if they don't they are just exposing themselves to future liability. Some businesses are careless and it costs them dearly in the end: see what happened to intrade. Most are doing the right thing and getting legal advice and setting up things to be legal.

I don't know Neopet but if it targets 8~14 I'd be surprised if they allow players to convert their winnings to real money, and if they do they must have run that through a lawyer and/or setup shop in a jurisdiction where unlicensed gambling is legal.

Generally, don't just assume things are trivial because the legal work is not visible from your consumer perspective. I too see many shops selling alcohol, but it doesn't mean that they haven't done their job and applied for a license to sell alcohol.

Realize that if gambling is regulated in the Jewels' guys jurisdiction and they are caught doing illegal gambling, they could land in jail. what should they say at he trial? Should they say "LegendaryGamer said it was ok"? Are you ready to take responsibility for your opinion? If not why the "lol wtf are you saying dude" attitude?
LegendaryGamer

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:24:40 AM

I haven't said no MMO is doing any sort of gambling. Whether a game has in-game gambling or not is not the point. The point is whether they use real-money or not. The vast majority are not real money MMOs and don't explicitely allow players to withdraw their gambling gains and convert them to cash. There are always players who trade ingame money for real money on the black market but since its explicitely disallowed in terms and conditions, this isn't under the responsibility of the game company unless it can be proven that they knew about it and didn't do anything to prevent it. Real money MMOs hat involve gambling are another problem entirely, and companies that develop them do consult lawyers and do the necessary things to make sure they remain on the right side of regulation. And if they don't they are just exposing themselves to future liability. Some businesses are careless and it costs them dearly in the end: see what happened to intrade. Most are doing the right thing and getting legal advice and setting up things to be legal.

I don't know Neopet but if it targets 8~14 I'd be surprised if they allow players to convert their winnings to real money, and if they do they must have run that through a lawyer and/or setup shop in a jurisdiction where unlicensed gambling is legal.

Generally, don't just assume things are trivial because the legal work is not visible from your consumer perspective. I too see many shops selling alcohol, but it doesn't mean that they haven't done their job and applied for a license to sell alcohol.

Jewels isn't directly letting their players convert their earnings to real money either. Jewels isn't "real money"... on 3rd party websites you can trade Jewels for BTC and then BTC for USD just like how on Neopets you can go to 3rd party sites and set up blackmarket trades for NP (Neopets virtual currency) to USD. The reason they discourage is because of course off site trading leads to scamming and banning not to mention usually farmed gold or NP in my example usually comes from botting and cheating so then you get collateral banned. Obviously these big names consult lawyers they're huge multimillion dollar companies what would you expect them to yolo Huh lol! Even if Jewels themselves didn't endorse it and simply "discouraged it" nothing is to prevent them from setting up an offshore registration / 2nd company and then essentially regulating their own "black market". Unless this game becomes one of the next biggest MMO's out there I doubt they will face legal problems and if they do start to get to that point I'm sure they will poor money into legal council... I mean wouldnt you? It's common sense lol

shit dude I'll do u a favor and hit up /r/legaladvice tomorrow and I'm pretty sure people will say its grey much like everything in the crypto world
vasdav

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:28:27 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2016, 06:49:18 AM by vasdav

Since we seem to be on the topic of finances, I thought I'd pop in and give everyone an update that as of now we're at around 33.5 BTC which is around $20,000.00 USD so we getting closer towards our goal Smiley. Also at this time I would like to state that at the end of the ICO, we will be applying for a listing on Yobit but as a reminder we have already begun the application process of applying for a listing on Bittrex - we're just waiting for them to reply and tell us how they would like us to proceed or what other information they require. After we have launched our Slack and started to build our Jewels community, it is our next goal in terms of exchanges to seek listing on Poloniex.
Any reply from Bittrex? And when JWL will be available on other exchanges?
damnMscollec

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:34:03 AM

what a shame, with devs' info and pictures, you have only 58 btc, but without info disclosed like opair, it has 150 btc, very unfair to you guys. 200 btc threshold is not easy at all, only 4 days left. If not reach, will be a refund?

Nick70001

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:40:37 AM

what a shame, with devs' info and pictures, you have only 58 btc, but without info disclosed like opair, it has 150 btc, very unfair to you guys. 200 btc threshold is not easy at all, only 4 days left. If not reach, will be a refund?

Read the thread man. It won't be a refund.
freequant

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:45:51 AM

Jewels isn't directly letting their players convert their earnings to real money either. Jewels isn't "real money"...

Jewels are a virtual currency. If virtual currencies aren't real money explain why Charlie Shrem and the creator of egold landed in jail.

Obviously these big names consult lawyers they're huge multimillion dollar companies what would you expect them to yolo Huh lol!

When you grow up you'll understand that people use lawyers all the time from buying property to setting up businesses to resolving contentious matters to dealing with divorce etc. Your "only million dollar businesses use lawyers" stance may be true in hollywood movies but this is not hollywood. Beside if you actually read what I said instead of throwing your uninformed opinion around you would know that what I recommand OP is not to bother with the legal process but use smart contracts to get rid of the problem altogether.

At any rate you are entitled to your opinion however uninformed and naive it may be, but I don't really care about what you think. It's to OP I am talking here.
bitcointank

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:51:58 AM

No refund, how about the money is not getting 200 btc, will it continue?
gfwdown

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:54:38 AM

No refund, how about the money is not getting 200 btc, will it continue?

You should read the OP, " If at the end even after factoring in outside investments we have a budget less than $120,000 USD we will first seek to establish a new roadmap for development based on the available budget"

Therefore, it will continue if less than 200, and no refund.
LegendaryGamer

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:55:59 AM

It will if ppl vote in favor of it
If the majority votes "no" implying that they wish to be refunded then Jewels project will not proceed and we will begin the process of issuing a refund of all BTC.
^ from OP are u guys blind or something?

Jewels isn't directly letting their players convert their earnings to real money either. Jewels isn't "real money"...

Jewels are a virtual currency. If virtual currencies aren't real money explain why Charlie Shrem and the creator of egold landed in jail.

Obviously these big names consult lawyers they're huge multimillion dollar companies what would you expect them to yolo Huh lol!

When you grow up you'll understand that people use lawyers all the time from buying property to setting up businesses to resolving contentious matters to dealing with divorce etc. Your "only million dollar busimesses use lawyer" stance may be true in hollywood movies but this is not hollywood. Beside if you actually read what I said instead of throwing your uninformed opinion around you would know that what I recommand OP is not to bother with the legal process but use smart contracts to get rid of the problem altogether.

At any rate you are entitled to your opinion however uninformed and naive it may be, but I don't really care what you think. It's to OP I am talking here.

I'll be straight with you I have no idea what eGold is but based on its name it sounds like its suppose to represent gold virtually. Jewels isn't representing anything virtually. Like CS:GO keys its nothing more than a commodity, likewise so is that of BTC. BTC only gets more attention and special treatment though because of how much it has grown in mass.

"When you grow up" lol? I didn't say only a million dollar companies use lawyers but more so am stating that it's clear all of this has loop holes and as necessary I'm sure they will find their legal safe zone as required. Yes, I get it you keep throwing out the idea of shoving smart contracts down a persons throat, great but when did you become a legal expert on how the law sees ownership of who's created a smart contract and who is in control of it? Your advice of "not to bother with the legal process" seems like the absolute most ridiculous shit I've ever heard. Think you need to grow up and stop living in your smart contract delusional world buddy.
freequant

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:14:13 AM

When did you become a legal expert on how the law sees ownership of who's created a smart contract and who is in control of it?
Ha, you don't even understand what is a smart contract ;P. Nevermind, it's ok, keep trolling please.

Your advice of "not to bother with the legal process" seems like the absolute most ridiculous shit I've ever heard.

Great. Now you are contradicting yourself. Consulting lawyers is stupid. But avoiding the legal process altogether is shit too. The only thing that isn't shit is doing things illegally like a real rebel! ;p. I'm always amazed at 13 year olds and their rage against the world.

Anyway, enough time wasted feeding the trolls.
Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:38:12 AM

Nice early start and i see troll v troll this is getting exciting but lets move on from that please. the dev is a smart guy and i have no worries that my investment is safe with or without gambling enabled on the site. crypto in general is such a grey area for gambling as we all know so lets not speculate and pretend we know all when we don't. there are many ways around it but i would like to leave that to the dev to decide and not hump the thread with speculation and opinions, especially if you're not invested.
smartcontracts is ONE avenue of many, lets wait for dev.

I see it is not a pretty site for the last page but if someone has opinion or idea, he should be able to express them without being censored, I missed the show yesterday, did many of you get on there to have a listen, if so how'd it go?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: