Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:22:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 03:19:44 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2017, 03:38:28 PM by yvv

@tonych

Why don't you change the distribution such that it rewards actual users of byteball? You could code a smart contract such that every tenth transaction fee is redeemed from undistributed reserve. This way the amount of bytes in circulation would grow with the same pace as usage.

This proposal is not bad at all. But one big agreement must be:

The new coins only goes to new users. The problem: i could make 10k adresses to reach many byteballs. So this proposal needs more clarifications.

My idea is to reward frequent users. Right now, everybody can buy bytes at the market to pay tx fees. Let everybody pay first, than make a snapshot every so often, and redeem each address a fraction of fees which it payed (e.g 10%). This way it does not matter how many addresses one individual has, he still needs to pay first to be redeemed later. And this puts whales out of the loop unless they become frequent users.

For example, exchanges will be frequent users and get redeemed a lot, but this will benefit their users, since exchange can charge less fees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jamus

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:26:03 PM

what a completely unfair distribution.. its going to be a dump fest from now till next distribution.. and then after a fresh batch of people get distrubted another 50%.. another dump fest.. best time to buy would be around march. but even then still another 9x the current amount to be distributed.
dump fest.

price is rising. aint nobody dumping their balls.

well lets do some simple math.

ICONOMI - one of the linked addresses to receive byteballs.

ICONOMI linked 70k btc - giving them 9.766% of the total supply by the time all distribution is over.

so they currently own 9766 byteballs = 245btc = $221,446 US dollars.

mid feb is the next round. they enter the 70k BTC once again, and in turn earn another 9766 Byteballs

assuming the price stays the same =

ICONOMI will own over 2.2million dollars USD or 10% of a currency.

one single entity owns 10% vs the other 7billion people on earth.

and that is just ICONOMI.. not to mention the other people that own large percentage.. LISK etc.

how is this fair, your giving a small portion of about 10 people 95% of the supply.

your project is already set up to fail, another project will take its place with a clone of byteballs with a fair distribution, excellent idea, failed distribution method, logic = lets give millionaires massive portions of the supply.
They dont earn another, next round each 1btc will give you 62.5megabytes only.

How is this fair? How is it in the real world, yet you are transacting with currencies? You think on your national economy that 1% or less of the population does not control the 90% of money supply? That 1 person can not crash your average western european countries economy? LOL. And extended to world economy, 150 people can move as much capital as the next 6billion combined.

If you are dealing with money, if you are buying and selling goods, you are contributing to inequality and unfair unjust world. Each transaction you make, and every one else makes with anything of value, is contributing to inequality. Rich get richer and poor get poorer, its not a dumb cliche its a realization of facts builtin any economical system. If you like to try alternatives go to Venezuela.

Can you point to any economy in the real world in any historical point in time where distribution is equal and is over time equalizing? LOL.

Money is the root of all evil, it is designed not to be equal and fair, any monetary system which goes against this basic truth fails and people dont consider it valuable to transact with.

Life is unfair, deal with it. I got my 1gb from 1btc, and bought more with the same 1btc, now I have +40GB. Now I am 1000001.23% richer than all the 99.9% of people of planet earth who didnt know how to buy a btc and sign a message with their wallet, those who still have 0gb. Unfair to them? Iconomi is looking down on my 40gb from their stash of their 9138312gb, so what?

What would you suggest would be a better distribution method? How would you do your byteball clone to be fair?
Ok your "deal with it" approach isn't making things sound any better

how would i make my clone different? max of 10btc linked. fair. now its averaged against everyone somewhat equally, not 1 entity has 100000x times more than every other person, ready waiting to dump the market with over $250,000 usd worth.

i think with such a new approach, why set up for failure, is this method the absolute fairest and best method the developer could think of? or am i missing something?

its the equivalent of having 1000 people stuck on an island and finding a load of 500 apples, and saying ok lets give 4 people 448 of those apples, and the remaining 996 people will have to share 2 apples. its actually cringe worthy how they think this was ever fair, its setup the market for failure, this will continue to be a topic of weakness throughout the coins life.
Max 10btc linked you say? Oh much wow, now it will take me a whole 2 minutes to create 23370 btc addresses and transfer my btc amounts amongst them, then link them individually with each holding 9.99btc.

Dont worry, if the method of distribution was magically fair, somehow from a real helicopter drone dropped bytes to Yemeni people equally as to rich Germans, you would still find something to complain about for the coins life, did the helicopters pollute the environment too much and scare the bird-life? Discuss.

Lisk aren't about to split there 7000 btc into 700 separate addresses.

10btc max would make it a whole lot fairer. people owning larger amounts is fine, but people owning 10% is a little overboard. whats the logic, they rich so lets make em richer?

lets go distribute free lambo's, but only give them to people who already own lambo's.. and the people who drive a 1985 ford only get a lambo valve cap.
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:43:01 PM

what a completely unfair distribution.. its going to be a dump fest from now till next distribution.. and then after a fresh batch of people get distrubted another 50%.. another dump fest.. best time to buy would be around march. but even then still another 9x the current amount to be distributed.
dump fest.

ICONOMI linked 70k btc - giving them 9.766% of the total supply by the time all distribution is over.

mid feb is the next round. they enter the 70k BTC once again, and in turn earn another 9766 Byteballs

and that is just ICONOMI.. not to mention the other people that own large percentage.. LISK etc.

how is this fair, your giving a small portion of about 10 people 95% of the supply.

your project is already set up to fail, another project will take its place with a clone of byteballs with a fair distribution, excellent idea, failed distribution method, logic = lets give millionaires massive portions of the supply.

How is this fair? How is it in the real world, yet you are transacting with currencies? You think on your national economy that 1% or less of the population does not control the 90% of money supply? That 1 person can not crash your average western european countries economy? LOL. And extended to world economy, 150 people can move as much capital as the next 6billion combined.

If you are dealing with money, if you are buying and selling goods, you are contributing to inequality and unfair unjust world. Each transaction you make, and every one else makes with anything of value, is contributing to inequality. Rich get richer and poor get poorer, its not a dumb cliche its a realization of facts builtin any economical system. If you like to try alternatives go to Venezuela.

Can you point to any economy in the real world in any historical point in time where distribution is equal and is over time equalizing? LOL.

Money is the root of all evil, it is designed not to be equal and fair, any monetary system which goes against this basic truth fails and people dont consider it valuable to transact with.

Life is unfair, deal with it. I got my 1gb from 1btc, and bought more with the same 1btc, now I have +40GB. Now I am 1000001.23% richer than all the 99.9% of people of planet earth who didnt know how to buy a btc and sign a message with their wallet, those who still have 0gb. Unfair to them? Iconomi is looking down on my 40gb from their stash of their 9138312gb, so what?

What would you suggest would be a better distribution method? How would you do your byteball clone to be fair?

how would i make my clone different? max of 10btc linked. fair. now its averaged against everyone somewhat equally, not 1 entity has 100000x times more than every other person, ready waiting to dump the market with over $250,000 usd worth.

i think with such a new approach, why set up for failure, is this method the absolute fairest and best method the developer could think of? or am i missing something?

its the equivalent of having 1000 people stuck on an island and finding a load of 500 apples, and saying ok lets give 4 people 448 of those apples, and the remaining 996 people will have to share 2 apples. its actually cringe worthy how they think this was ever fair, its setup the market for failure, this will continue to be a topic of weakness throughout the coins life.
Max 10btc linked you say? Oh much wow, now it will take me a whole 2 minutes to create 23370 btc addresses and transfer my btc amounts amongst them, then link them individually with each holding 9.99btc.

Dont worry, if the method of distribution was magically fair, somehow from a real helicopter drone dropped bytes to Yemeni people equally as to rich Germans, you would still find something to complain about for the coins life, did the helicopters pollute the environment too much and scare the bird-life? Discuss.

10btc max would make it a whole lot fairer. people owning larger amounts is fine, but people owning 10% is a little overboard. whats the logic, they rich so lets make em richer?

lets go distribute free lambo's, but only give them to people who already own lambo's.. and the people who drive a 1985 ford only get a lambo valve cap.
Oh okay so you say "they arent about to" so that is the success formula for a fair distribution.

Just like that waves (or whatever dumb crypto pseudo company) guy said they would distribute their received bytes among their customers, and then a day later said "lol no we will give them btc 'tokens'".

Your way of thinking with your island analogy, 1000 apples in a basket arrive and their owner says "will give 1 apple for 1 piece of paper 1cm in square size", and you assume the guy holding a large sheet of paper several meters in size wont have a scissors to cut his big-sheet into smaller pieces to receive more apples instead of 10? Yeah, that distribution method you have is ingenious, if only there was other geniuses like you in the world to think of this before!
Jamus

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:53:42 PM

dump fest.

Oh okay so you say "they arent about to" so that is the success formula for a fair distribution.

Just like that waves (or whatever dumb crypto pseudo company) guy said they would distribute their received bytes among their customers, and then a day later said "lol no we will give them btc 'tokens'".

Your way of thinking with your island analogy, 1000 apples in a basket arrive and their owner says "will give 1 apple for 1 piece of paper 1cm in square size", and you assume the guy holding a large sheet of paper several meters in size wont have a scissors to cut his big-sheet into smaller pieces to receive more apples instead of 10? Yeah, that distribution method you have is ingenious, if only there was other geniuses like you in the world to think of this before!

no.. my idea was something thought up in about 3 seconds, its not an alternative method.

there has to be a fairer distribution method. the current method is ridiculous, and whatever anyone writes you will argue against because thats your personality. so ill stop there.
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:55:07 PM

is it currently possible to make a paper only wallet using the seed?
or are files still needed to restore backup?
SatoNatomato

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:00:50 PM

dump fest.

no.. my idea was something thought up in about 3 seconds, its not an alternative method.

there has to be a fairer distribution method. the current method is ridiculous, and whatever anyone writes you will argue against because thats your personality. so ill stop there.
No you are mistaken, that is not my personality, I argue against this criticism of byteball - that the distribution method is unfair - because _that_ criticism is unfair. You dont even have an alternative solution.

The distribution method is the best we, the community of honest cryptonerds, can currently think of, and put in practice right a few weeks ago. As you see, you cant even think of a better distribution method in 3 seconds, but you are free to come back when you have an alternative functioning ready to implement fair distribution method and _then_ criticize byteball and others who distribute digital coins according to best effort at fairness currently known.

JohnBidwell

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:36:59 PM

So much back and forth you guys should get a room. Byte balls has failure written all over it.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3100

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:26:54 PM

Even after all these pages there's still some people whining about the distribution method.  While I'm sure suggestions are most welcome, check your damn tone and stop sounding so adamant about how "wrong" or "unfair" the distribution method supposedly is.  Instead of demanding shit from someone who has made the effort and done all the work, why don't you stop being lazy and make your own coin with your preferred distribution method?  Self-entitled ingrates.  No one is forcing you to be here, so it stands to reason that all you're capable of is whining and have no discernible talents that would allow you to come up with anything better.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 05:28:20 PM

Even after all these pages there's still some people whining about the distribution method.  While I'm sure suggestions are most welcome, check your damn tone and stop sounding so adamant about how "wrong" or "unfair" the distribution method supposedly is.  Instead of demanding shit from someone who has made the effort and done all the work, why don't you stop being lazy and make your own coin with your preferred distribution method?  Self-entitled ingrates.  No one is forcing you to be here, so it stands to reason that all you're capable of is whining and have no discernible talents that would allow you to come up with anything better.

TOP...now this should end the senseless discussion!

I fully agree with you.
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:30:57 PM

Agreed, the distribution model may have some flaws, but we are talking about free distribution. Also, has anyone actually used the wallet? Sending is nearly instantaneous, works great!  
kola-schaar

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:36:24 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2017, 06:51:38 PM by kola-schaar

is it currently possible to make a paper only wallet using the seed?
or are files still needed to restore backup?
Excuse me for the noise. I do not know why the fortune hunters always discuss so much about fairness  Grin (Maybe an old ritual to make more profit?  Huh)
To your question - no, this is not possible:

pls, wht means : "to restor your wallets, you will need full backup of Bytesball setting. Just the wallet seed is not enough."

how i must save my wallet to restor it ?

You need to backup the entire wallet data folder, its location depends on your platform: https://github.com/byteball/byteball#byteball-backups-and-recovery.
But doing it is not practical, as you'll have to back up again every time you send or receive blackbytes (which are only saved in this folder).
A better option is to set up a multisig wallet with redundancy (such as 1-of-2 or 2-of-3) on multiple devices, which ensures that in case one of the devices fails you will still be able to use the wallet on the other device(s).  All devices will have a copy of the private payments (blackbytes).

yu say first 100k wallet loader will receive an part of 1% of all bytesball..yu talk of bytesball test or bytesball after beta..how you will distribute them ?

This is about livenet.
There is a long way ahead before we actually start to distribute this 1%, we will probably distribute only to mobile wallets after phone number verification.

and

Thanks HI-TEC99 and CryptKeeper for clarification Smiley

What exactly I need to do to secure a backup before update to v1.0.0?

"To restore wallets, you will need a full backup of Byteball settings. Just the wallet seed is not enough"

It's vital to backup this windows folder to ensure you get your blackbytes.

C:\users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Byteball

The folder is normally hidden. If you haven't configured your computer to make it visible then click the windows orb, type %appdata% into the search box and press enter, Your hidden appdata folder should open.

It's also important to back up your wallet words (the seed) that you can view in the advanced section of your wallet.
spark.bet

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:40:31 PM

On average 1% of byteball is exchanged every day.
Enough to swallow the whales.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:25:09 PM

Well said.

They all begin with "so unfair, cap it at X btc" and other "ideas" it took them entire 3 seconds to come up with, like people who actually cared enough to develop this byteball which took more than a year, would not have been so smart and had 3 seconds themselves to think of the same thing and discard it for very good reasons. Guess they will start demanding reasons and explanations for every fart another person does, without anyway being capable of understanding it.
Jamus

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:54:58 PM

so is it a myth that byteballs is anon?
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 01:54:51 AM

Even after all these pages there's still some people whining about the distribution method.  While I'm sure suggestions are most welcome, check your damn tone and stop sounding so adamant about how "wrong" or "unfair" the distribution method supposedly is.  Instead of demanding shit from someone who has made the effort and done all the work, why don't you stop being lazy and make your own coin with your preferred distribution method?  Self-entitled ingrates.  No one is forcing you to be here, so it stands to reason that all you're capable of is whining and have no discernible talents that would allow you to come up with anything better.

Agreed, the distribution model may have some flaws, but we are talking about free distribution. Also, has anyone actually used the wallet? Sending is nearly instantaneous, works great!  

Sending is fast, but not always. One of my transactions with Blackbytes took almost 30 min to confirm. Others were faster, like about few minutes. I guess it depends on activity level on specific time of day..?

... this space is not for rent ...
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 01:58:58 AM

Is this a new tune of dissatisfacted guy, after distribution concerns were not readily accepted? Grin

Could you be more specific or use full English words at least?
This expression - "byteballs is anon" doesn't sound too descriptive. Basically, yes "byteballs" != "anon". Even the number of letters is different  Grin
But what do you mean?

... this space is not for rent ...
Jamus

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:12:02 AM

Is this a new tune of dissatisfacted guy, after distribution concerns were not readily accepted? Grin

Could you be more specific or use full English words at least?
This expression - "byteballs is anon" doesn't sound too descriptive. Basically, yes "byteballs" != "anon". Even the number of letters is different  Grin
But what do you mean?

anonymous, for shady transactions, like monero and zcash

ive heard an attacker is able to source your IP as its peer to peer.

its a little deceptive from reading the ann.

yeah im a little dissatisfied, im allowed to share my concerns, we cant all love in happy unicorn shill land.
crypt0hash

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:26:52 AM

Even after all these pages there's still some people whining about the distribution method.  While I'm sure suggestions are most welcome, check your damn tone and stop sounding so adamant about how "wrong" or "unfair" the distribution method supposedly is.  Instead of demanding shit from someone who has made the effort and done all the work, why don't you stop being lazy and make your own coin with your preferred distribution method?  Self-entitled ingrates.  No one is forcing you to be here, so it stands to reason that all you're capable of is whining and have no discernible talents that would allow you to come up with anything better.

Sending is fast, but not always. One of my transactions with Blackbytes took almost 30 min to confirm. Others were faster, like about few minutes. I guess it depends on activity level on specific time of day..?

I think it depends on the volume of transactions on the network. The larger the transaction the faster the time of confirmation.
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 04:06:42 AM

Haven't tried to send Blackbytes, assuming there is some confirmation difference because it's anon, but regular Byteballs was lightning fast to confirm.
Jamus

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:43:42 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2017, 08:10:52 AM by Jamus

this wallet runs mint, so according to the whiteoaper this is an entire platform.. dev has been busy indeed, im guessing he is cooking up something now

this will be an add for polo, completely new chain and platform, first coin to use a directed acyclic graph instead of a blockchain.

are there plans to put the platforms trustless exchange in-wallet?

will there eventually be gui to create smart contracts?
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: