Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:57:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
strasboug

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 04:49:54 PM

And known scammer of NXT fame ComeFromBeyond trolling people up in here, derailing and sabotaging discussion with threats and hostility.
We need a FAQ website somewhere. And show cfb the door to his own iota thread where he can feel powerful and almighty to compensate for small penis.

Missed the Ico right?
Nxt works, Iota works.
Classic projection.
lol, "ICO".

I dont give a shit about your coins, or your money.

I just explained 10 times in this thread alone, IOTA is fail and a scam, and I gave reasons why.

Nobody of you Iota fans can spend one post explaining or refuting my claims. Crickets only.

Iota and nxt supporters, please go back to your own threads and troll, this is not your place and we don't need you. We are happy supporters of byteballs. We don't care about iota or nxt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 05:15:23 PM

Where exactly we can find info on the payload and headers commissions.
EDIT: I found them on the explorer under Technical Info.

Also, what is the plan going forward with the 12 witnesses, as you stated all 12 are run by you now?

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 06:11:21 PM

i was playing with the internal byte btc exchange bot in the app. now i want to delete a sell order which i've made. is it possible?
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 06:18:09 PM

My apologies if this has been already discussed, but what stops someone from sending the BTC proof from an exchange wallet? With a very small balance on an exchange, someone could potentially pretend they represent 1000s of Bitcoins.

I believe this distribution would be a lot more fair if it required the signature method, rather than allowing the tx method of proving address ownership.

It would be a lot more fair if they did it in any other way probably than the way they are doing it now.

BTW are you still part of curecoin? I've followed your guides since the start of arriving at this forum and mostly decided on cure on the basis of you being core to that project?
I was just thinking that requiring signatures over a message endorsing the Byteball address would be more sure-fire proof of ownership of the address.

Still part of Curecoin, we've got some cool announcements coming soon Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 06:34:23 PM

i was playing with the internal byte btc exchange bot in the app. now i want to delete a sell order which i've made. is it possible?

No it's not possible at the moment to cancel an order. But you can sell to yourself if that helps.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 06:49:05 PM

No it's not possible at the moment to cancel an order. But you can sell to yourself if that helps.

What happens if someone wants to buy and I don't want to sell?
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 06:57:29 PM

The trade is executed automatically if ask and bid are matching, but you could set your price so high that nobody wants to buy from you.  Smiley

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
ghoom2

Activity: 548
Merit: 265

My old account was "Ghoom" (hacked) u=199247

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 07:32:43 PM

The trade is executed automatically if ask and bid are matching, but you could set your price so high that nobody wants to buy from you.  Smiley

And if he empties his wallet?

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ███████c█████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 07:41:28 PM

No it's not possible at the moment to cancel an order.

Shit

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 07:45:29 PM

Cryptocurrencies can become popular within a short period of time in today's age, and they have higher chances of becoming popular if they have a name that is widely accepted and equally liked among different cultures. Bitcoin is such a name. Byteball, as well, is a very attractive and nice name for a cryptocurrency project that embraces simplicity and elegant technology. Along with a new consensus algorithm and untraceable payments, as well as chat built in from the beginning, this one is one to observe and get involved in.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 07:53:56 PM

And if he empties his wallet?

This would do nothing because his Bytes are already transferred to the bot's escrow account.

SatoNatomato

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 08:41:44 PM

Cryptocurrencies can become popular within a short period of time in today's age, and they have higher chances of becoming popular if they have a name that is widely accepted and equally liked among different cultures. Bitcoin is such a name. Byteball, as well, is a very attractive and nice name for a cryptocurrency project that embraces simplicity and elegant technology. Along with a new consensus algorithm and untraceable payments, as well as chat built in from the beginning, this one is one to observe and get involved in.

You said it man.

Byteball, like snowball but instead of snow, bytes are rolling.
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 08:50:32 PM

You said it man.

Byteball really needs a community manager who can reach out to exchanges and organize marketing, etc...
SatoNatomato

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 09:06:09 PM

You said it man.

Byteball really needs a community manager who can reach out to exchanges and organize marketing, etc...
Maybe, but I wouldnt do that yet, to reach exchanges - those places are filled with "altcoin traders", an echo-chamber of the same people. To reach a wider audience, to gain more actual users and not speculators, we need to reach channels where altcoiners are not present. Niches where geeks do not hang around. Mom forums. Those kind of places, where you wouldnt think to mention byteball, but we do need it, to diversify and grow userbase. To learn what they need, what is difficult in the current wallet, to remove any obstacles for them to "pay" with very small price for something they want.

Exchanges are easy, every currency will get there, but to reach actual users is hard, and thats why its more worth to (begin) doing.

It would be nice with digital-service webshop, like "Send us bytes, which you can buy with PayPal/Visa/MasterCard from here ..., to receive access to ad-free content or gain imaginary karma-points on a forum". Must have something of worth for people to start and use a wallet over.

The more stuff you can buy, the more success byteball will have.
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 09:10:23 PM

You said it man.

Maybe, but I wouldnt do that yet, to reach exchanges - those places are filled with "altcoin traders", an echo-chamber of the same people. To reach a wider audience, to gain more actual users and not speculators, we need to reach channels where altcoiners are not present. Niches where geeks do not hang around. Mom forums. Those kind of places, where you wouldnt think to mention byteball, but we do need it, to diversify and grow userbase. To learn what they need, what is difficult in the current wallet, to remove any obstacles for them to "pay" with very small price for something they want.

Exchanges are easy, every currency will get there, but to reach actual users is hard, and thats why its more worth to (begin) doing.

It would be nice with digital-service webshop, like "Send us bytes, which you can buy with PayPal/Visa/MasterCard from here ..., to receive access to ad-free content or gain imaginary karma-points on a forum". Must have something of worth for people to start and use a wallet over.

I agree, but it seems like you're leapfrogging people's ability to buy Byteball, we need a much bigger community and more liquid places to buy BB before thinking about mainstream.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 09:20:36 PM

You said it man.

I agree, but it seems like you're leapfrogging people's ability to buy Byteball, we need a much bigger community and more liquid places to buy BB before thinking about mainstream.
Sounds true, I am leapfrogging a bit. Need to wait for more distribution rounds to happen, for more BB to be released for possible sale.
ArabMist

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 09:24:17 PM

You said it man.

I too had a limited idea of the potential of byteball and was encouraging exchanges to get on board to give me a clear exit point financially. Oh, how wrong I was and after reading posts on this thread, major exchanges is the last thing that BB needs. I agree with your previous post that as long at dev holds so much BB, no major exchange in their right mind is going to go near it in the short term.

What I do feel we need is a forum on byteball.org similar to bitsquare.io This thread is a total mess and it's hard to find the gems in all the rough. Slack moves too fast and although the quick fire chat is appealing to some, there may be a wealth of applications waiting for contribution and a single thread doesn't allow for that.

Is the logo fixed or just a holding white space for future design? I get simplicity is beauty but people need from a brand perspective, it won't work. We live in a world of symbolism and if we want mass adoption, they need to buy in to a symbol/logo/brand.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 10:08:12 PM

My apologies if this has been already discussed, but what stops someone from sending the BTC proof from an exchange wallet? With a very small balance on an exchange, someone could potentially pretend they represent 1000s of Bitcoins.

I believe this distribution would be a lot more fair if it required the signature method, rather than allowing the tx method of proving address ownership.

It would be a lot more fair if they did it in any other way probably than the way they are doing it now.

BTW are you still part of curecoin? I've followed your guides since the start of arriving at this forum and mostly decided on cure on the basis of you being core to that project?
I was just thinking that requiring signatures over a message endorsing the Byteball address would be more sure-fire proof of ownership of the address.

Still part of Curecoin, we've got some cool announcements coming soon Smiley

Great. That is welcome news Smiley

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 01:08:46 AM

so if i have never sent any bytes i can just load BTC to same address as before and i will get new bytes or somethign else has to be done ?

yolo
strasboug

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 04:38:02 AM

so if i have never sent any bytes i can just load BTC to same address as before and i will get new bytes or somethign else has to be done ?

Your address in the first distribution is still in record, so yes you can use the same address and do not need to do other things. To make sure, check http://transition.byteball.org to see your BTC and byteball address still there.
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: