Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:19:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:08:59 PM

Price is exploding. Lisk please dump now, I want to buy more but cheaper! Max be our friend :-)

I'm in contact with Lisk and ICONOMI and they are not going to sell any time soon.

What time frame are we talking about? Weeks, months, years?

Who is it this time? Aww its LiQio, the guy who owes me 50 dollarydoos. I will track u down man, and will get my money back it will cost me. U should fear me, dude --- as Im gonna go after ur ass once I get back to the town.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tdk2

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:25:17 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2017, 02:43:42 PM by tdk2

thanks for 1.1.0 and a feature request:

I like to keep my cryptocoin data directories on an encrypted drive, so it would be nice if byteball was flexible in where it puts it's data directory.
A start paramater like bitcoin's -datadir=... would be just fine for a start.

Yeah thats nice but I guess you could always crate a symlink from ~/.config/byteball to where you want it to be, until the "feature-request" is fulfilled.

I would recommend this too.
If someone still wants to implement -datadir option, we accept pull requests in our github repo https://github.com/byteball/byteball.

I know, I should have mentioned this, but I'm on Windows... forget reliable symlinks there...

EDIT: tried it, it will read the data throug a link when first opened, but then write out data to the hard-coded %APPDATA%... again instead of through the link.
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:50:36 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2017, 06:30:58 PM by kaicrypzen

I transferred some blackbytes from my Android wallet; after a while, the transaction appeared in my history unconfirmed, and seconds after that, I got this error:

I was using 1.0.0 back then, so I quit the app and updated from the play store to the latest version, however I still get the error at the app start.

When I stop my phone's internet, I am able to access the app (for a while), I see the transaction as confirmed (6 hours ago) in the history, however, the blackbytes do not appear in my recepient device (which is in the latest version and synced).

str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 07:12:04 PM

Shake out the weak hands!  Cheesy
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 08:11:42 PM

I transferred some blackbytes from my Android wallet; after a while, the transaction appeared in my history unconfirmed, and seconds after that, I got this error:

I was using 1.0.0 back then, so I quit the app and updated from the play store to the latest version, however I still get the error at the app start.

When I stop my phone's internet, I am able to access the app (for a while), I see the transaction as confirmed (6 hours ago) in the history, however, the blackbytes do not appear in my recepient device (which is in the latest version and synced).

This is a very weird error.
I've just published 1.1.1 to Google play, please update in a few hours.  The error will be just ignored, it won't crash the app.

Simplicity is beauty
kola-schaar

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:46:27 PM

Nice update!   Smiley
Small error report: Byteball 1.1 on android mobile and WIN10
2 of 3 multidevice wallet
If I send a message from one (any) to another device and the chat window is not open this message appears:

Klickin OK the App crashed..
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:50:47 PM

Price is exploding. Lisk please dump now, I want to buy more but cheaper! Max be our friend :-)

I'm in contact with Lisk and ICONOMI and they are not going to sell any time soon.

What time frame are we talking about? Weeks, months, years?

Who is it this time? Aww its LiQio, the guy who owes me 50 dollarydoos. I will track u down man, and will get my money back it will cost me. U should fear me, dude --- as Im gonna go after ur ass once I get back to the town.

Interesting, what for?

Question remains unanswered.
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 11:11:16 PM

Nice update!   Smiley
Small error report: Byteball 1.1 on android mobile and WIN10
2 of 3 multidevice wallet
If I send a message from one (any) to another device and the chat window is not open this message appears:

Klickin OK the App crashed..

Please upgrade to v1.1.1 https://github.com/byteball/byteball/releases

Simplicity is beauty
crypt0hash

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:19:52 AM

Do the Black bytes play any role in the distribution cycles or is it strictly the white byteballs?

Nope, only red bytes. Green bytes do affect integrity of the code, but they're not as immune to interference as yellow bytes.
are you drunk or its just your colorblindness intensified Smiley
crypt0hash

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:22:13 AM

sooner or later, byteball will become a top10 coin.
just need some exchange platform to support.
We have already several options for the trading of BB:
Is byteball a crypto? where can byteball be bought? what is the current price of each byteball? is it $29?
Yes it is'
yu can trade buy/sell BB on and in diffrent ways:
Byteball wallet , chat with the bot and set up your trade   https://github.com/byteball/byteball/releases.
http://slack.byteball.org
https://cryptox.pl

price:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/
ArabMist

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 02:22:57 AM

More than 30x difference.  BB GB price has a lot of upside.  People selling at 0.04 - 0.05 will be kicking themselves over the coming weeks.

I feel this too. So many upsides and if wallet makes use of TOR it could solve a lot of problems for a lot of people.  0.05 is cheap, think well easily see 0.2 inside of two months.
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 11:54:53 AM

We'll have our 2nd distribution round under the Full Moon, on 11th of February at 0:33 UTC.
We will probably follow the Full Moon calendar for future rounds too.

Bitcoin snapshot will be taken in the first block after the date.
Snapshot of Byteball database will be taken on exactly this date and will include only final transactions.

The transition bot is already working (find the link at https://byteball.org), chat with it to link your Bitcoin address and check the currently linked addresses and their balances.  If you participated in the 1st round, your linked addresses stay the same, you don't need to link again.

The distribution rules:

BTC to bytes: 1 BTC of proven balance gives you 62.5 MB (0.0625 GB)
BTC to blackbytes: 1 BTC of proven balance gives you 2.1111 * 62.5 million blackbytes (money supply of blackbytes is 2.1111 times more than that of bytes)
Bytes to bytes: 1 byte on any Byteball address gives you 0.1 new bytes
Bytes to blackbytes: 1 byte on linked Byteball address gives you 0.21111 blackbytes

If you already hold bytes, please move them to one of the linked BB addresses (chat with the bot to learn what your linked addresses are) before the distribution date to receive your share of blackbytes.  This is a technicall necessity that follows from how blackbytes work: we need to send the private payloads to your device and we know only the device address of the linked BB address, not of any other BB address.  If you don't care about blackbbytes for some reason, you don't need to do anything.  If you didn't touch your bytes after the 1st round (i.e. didn't send or receive a single transaction), you also don't need to do anything since all your bytes are still on the linked address.

Blackbytes that remain undistributed because some people didn't move their bytes to the linked address, will be transferred to a development fund which will be used to pay for future promotion and development.

In this round and at the current market prices, bytes give you a much larger share in the distribution than Bitcoins.  For example, holding 1 GB gives you the same as holding 1.6 BTC:
1 GB -> 0.1 GB
1.6 BTC -> 1.6 * 0.0625 = 0.1 GB
This is one of the nice things about being an early adopter.

Chat with the bot to check the current status or link new Bitcoin addresses and don't forget to move your Bitcoins and Bytes to the linked addresses before the February Full Moon.

if i move my bytes to the address given me by the bot, arent my Byteballs somewhere else? how do i get access after moving my bytes?
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 02:35:28 PM

We'll have our 2nd distribution round under the Full Moon, on 11th of February at 0:33 UTC.

Snapshot of Byteball database will be taken on exactly this date and will include only final transactions.

The transition bot is already working (find the link at https://byteball.org), chat with it to link your Bitcoin address and check the currently linked addresses and their balances.  If you participated in the 1st round, your linked addresses stay the same, you don't need to link again.

The distribution rules:

BTC to blackbytes: 1 BTC of proven balance gives you 2.1111 * 62.5 million blackbytes (money supply of blackbytes is 2.1111 times more than that of bytes)
Bytes to blackbytes: 1 byte on linked Byteball address gives you 0.21111 blackbytes

If you already hold bytes, please move them to one of the linked BB addresses (chat with the bot to learn what your linked addresses are) before the distribution date to receive your share of blackbytes.  This is a technicall necessity that follows from how blackbytes work: we need to send the private payloads to your device and we know only the device address of the linked BB address, not of any other BB address.  If you don't care about blackbbytes for some reason, you don't need to do anything.  If you didn't touch your bytes after the 1st round (i.e. didn't send or receive a single transaction), you also don't need to do anything since all your bytes are still on the linked address.

Blackbytes that remain undistributed because some people didn't move their bytes to the linked address, will be transferred to a development fund which will be used to pay for future promotion and development.

In this round and at the current market prices, bytes give you a much larger share in the distribution than Bitcoins.  For example, holding 1 GB gives you the same as holding 1.6 BTC:
1 GB -> 0.1 GB

Chat with the bot to check the current status or link new Bitcoin addresses and don't forget to move your Bitcoins and Bytes to the linked addresses before the February Full Moon.

if i move my bytes to the address given me by the bot, arent my Byteballs somewhere else? how do i get access after moving my bytes?

No, it's your own address. To check that this is really your address, click on the cog wheel, then on 'Advanced', then 'Wallet Information'. If you scroll down, you'll see all your addresses.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
bcmine

Activity: 1014

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:19:04 PM

The distribution rules:

1 GB -> 0.1 GB

No, it's your own address. To check that this is really your address, click on the cog wheel, then on 'Advanced', then 'Wallet Information'. If you scroll down, you'll see all your addresses.

truth. thanks. do i have to use always different addresses for deposit? how does that work? sorry to ask if was already answered.
healey

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 07:58:39 PM

Tonych: bitcoin is possibly flawed that the blocksize is not variable based on market supply and demand forces. Similarly Byteball presently mite have flaw that the Witness size (12) is not variable based on market supply and demand forces. So what about having a market set # of Witnesses?
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 07:59:20 PM

sorry. but i lost track in this topic. what is blackbyte? do get a backbyte the same way you get bytes? or this this a clone of byteball?
kola-schaar

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 09:46:43 PM

sorry. but i lost track in this topic. what is blackbyte? do get a backbyte the same way you get bytes? or this this a clone of byteball?

white paper page 3
„…Transactions in bytes (the base currency) in Byteball are equally visible, but there is a    second currency (blackbytes), which is significantly less traceable.“

Whats the nature of bytes and blackbytes in Byteball?

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
In my imagination bytes are more comparable to fuel.
It’s the currency to ensure the operation and the stability (health) of the network.
So the characteristics of bytes is more like gas (ETH or Ripple) and blackbytes are almost (in the broadest sense) like cash / (~XMR..).
-> Blackbytes are a layer of Bytes (as well as bank notes are a physical layer of a native currency).

Bytes correspond to the actual block size of your transaction, as a fee that you need to pay the network. Blackbytes are used similar to bytes, in the untraceable transactions, where network only records the tx hash, and you need to connect directly to the recipient in order to do the transactions.

The distribution rules:

1 GB -> 0.1 GB

ArabMist

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 11:18:41 PM

in this exchange site you can also trade with fiat currencies like USD, European...

vote everyone https://mercatox.com/coins/list byteball is on 2nd position :slightly_smiling_face:
CryptoMrM

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 01:00:47 AM

The distribution rules:

1 GB -> 0.1 GB

Don't these rates equate to hardly any supply getting distributed?

Bytes to bytes: 1 byte on any Byteball address gives you 0.1 new bytes = 10% of released supply = 1%
BTC to bytes: 1 BTC of proven balance gives you 62.5 MB (0.0625 GB) = 100,000 (approx BTC linked) = 6,250 GB = 0.625%

Total = 1.625%

I mean 20 BTC linked is just 1.25 GB which is 0.05 BTC at current market prices (if you even believe in that price and likely to be diluted). Not really worth my time so I'll probably be passing on this one. Unless I've got something wrong?

P.S. Not ungrateful for the free money, just thinking economically with opportunity costs, transfer fees etc
stkuser1

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 01:44:55 AM

The distribution rules:

1 GB -> 0.1 GB

Don't these rates equate to hardly any supply getting distributed?

Bytes to bytes: 1 byte on any Byteball address gives you 0.1 new bytes = 10% of released supply = 1%
BTC to bytes: 1 BTC of proven balance gives you 62.5 MB (0.0625 GB) = 100,000 (approx BTC linked) = 6,250 GB = 0.625%

Total = 1.625%

I mean 20 BTC linked is just 1.25 GB which is 0.05 BTC at current market prices (if you even believe in that price and likely to be diluted). Not really worth my time so I'll probably be passing on this one. Unless I've got something wrong?

P.S. Not ungrateful for the free money, just thinking economically with opportunity costs, transfer fees etc

You're right, I guess there are something missing here. I remember tony said the 2nd round would distribute about 10% of all bytes.
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: