Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:06:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233917 times)
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 02:16:01 PM

Hello,

Please can you tell me:

- how to transfer the asset "Blackball" wich was distributed at the same time like Byteball?
- how exactly to participate in the second round: do we have to link again the bitcoin address, or will be automatic? And to get the 0.1 new byte / byte, what do we need to do?

Thank you very much!

Blackbyte over intern messengersystem; make a pairing token and invite the guy, you wanna pay with Blackbytes...

Claiming your bitcoinwallet with the tradingbot, announced and described in the first page here. To get your Byteballs from your funds will be announced soon...

Greetz
Steve

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crema

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 02:18:54 PM

Thak you very much Steeve
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:30:11 PM

https://poloniex.com/coinRequest - Please request Byteball be added to Poloniex
DANIEL77

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:39:33 PM

Any chances to see Blackbytes on exchanges?
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 03:44:01 PM

No, definitely not.
But you could open markets over localcrypto.eu.org

Greetz
Steve
davide72
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:45:17 PM

great coin
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 05:58:21 PM

No, definitely not.

Care to elaborate please? Why is it so definite Smiley? I actually don't see any reason why blackbytes couldn't be available on an exchange, so if you have some info to help me understand the no, I would be grateful if you could share it. Thank you.

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:03:03 PM

No, definitely not.

Care to elaborate please? Why is it so definite Smiley? I actually don't see any reason why blackbytes couldn't be available on an exchange, so if you have some info to help me understand the no, I would be grateful if you could share it. Thank you.

The owner of the Cryptox.pl exchange says he can easily run a blackbyte market, but with manual deposit/withdrawal. He asked anyone interested to email admin@cryptox.pl.

Since last fix, you can deposit GBYTE using QRcode, it is useful especially for mobile wallets.

Cryptox.pl

Good. Any news for Blackbytes trade support ?
No news, no development resources, probably we can easily run market, but with manual deposit/withdrawal which means there could be delays like in escrow services, and quite high cost of such manual operation (about 50,000 blackbytes). Please email admin@cryptox.pl those who think that's good idea.
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:31:37 PM

how about CCEX or bittrex?

running farm worldwide
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:05:47 PM

how about CCEX or bittrex?

not now. maybe later, lets wait for more airdrops and go then mainstream with some more features.
greenclover

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:09:58 PM

Participation in Byteball distribution

If you missed the 1st round of distribution, you can still participate in the further rounds.  If you were in the 1st round, you can multiply your holdings.  In the second round, which is expected in mid-February, you receive:
- 62.5 MB for every 1 BTC of proven balance
- 0.1 new bytes for every 1 byte
(received in the 1st round)

There was 100 000 GB distributed in the first round.
This means that there will be 10 000 GB distributed to byteball holders in the second round (0.1 new bytes for every 1 byte received in the 1st round).

Let us assume that in the second round there will be 100 000 BTC linked.
This would mean there will be 6250 GB distributed according to BTC balances.

So most likely the dev will distribute much less bytes in the second round (than in the first round).

People tend to be suspicious about cryptos where the majority of coins is held by the dev for a long time.

This is not like Bitcoin where you know everything about the distribution from the beginning. Here we have the dev who reserves the right for himself to distribute most coins arbitrarily in the future. A free airdrop distribution is risky but possible. But here there is one person who controls 90 percent of the total amount of coins and this one person can ARBITRARILY decide about their future distribution. For months, maybe year(s) to come.

This must make byteball feel like a joke for any serious investor.

Well, I can consider all other critics to be a FUD, and the concerns about the ICOs included in distribution can be also somehow discarded (I believe that will not do that much harm at the end of the day), but this concern quoted above sounds really important to me!! And it is a somewhat worrying.

tonych and/or CryptKeeper, could you please address this comment? Its not a simple FUD or grunt of people who are unhappy by distribution. I believe its valid concern.

If the majority of coins remains at your disposal for so long time, how do you think it will affect the adoption by exchanges or other businesses? You may be the most honest person in the world, and will keep all your promises (and I personally believe you will), but how you can prove that to others, so they believe you will not just dump your undistributed coins?

Having to keep so many undistributed coins doesn't make me feel comfortable either.  I have to find a balance between distributing fast and distributing wide, which takes more time to allow more people to pull in.  I might move the undistributed funds to a multisig address, I would expect my cosigners to:
- have a long term interest in the success of Byteball at best, or be neutral at least
- be non-anonymous
- have a good reputation in the crypto community
- be trusted not to collude with me or with each other

good points and principles. looking forward to the success of byteballs
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:33:02 PM

If you missed the 1st round of distribution, you can still participate in the further rounds.  If you were in the 1st round, you can multiply your holdings.  In the second round, which is expected in mid-February, you receive:

This means that there will be 10 000 GB distributed to byteball holders in the second round (0.1 new bytes for every 1 byte received in the 1st round).

So most likely the dev will distribute much less bytes in the second round (than in the first round).

People tend to be suspicious about cryptos where the majority of coins is held by the dev for a long time.

This is not like Bitcoin where you know everything about the distribution from the beginning. Here we have the dev who reserves the right for himself to distribute most coins arbitrarily in the future. A free airdrop distribution is risky but possible. But here there is one person who controls 90 percent of the total amount of coins and this one person can ARBITRARILY decide about their future distribution. For months, maybe year(s) to come.

Well, I can consider all other critics to be a FUD, and the concerns about the ICOs included in distribution can be also somehow discarded (I believe that will not do that much harm at the end of the day), but this concern quoted above sounds really important to me!! And it is a somewhat worrying.

tonych and/or CryptKeeper, could you please address this comment? Its not a simple FUD or grunt of people who are unhappy by distribution. I believe its valid concern.

If the majority of coins remains at your disposal for so long time, how do you think it will affect the adoption by exchanges or other businesses? You may be the most honest person in the world, and will keep all your promises (and I personally believe you will), but how you can prove that to others, so they believe you will not just dump your undistributed coins?

Having to keep so many undistributed coins doesn't make me feel comfortable either.  I have to find a balance between distributing fast and distributing wide, which takes more time to allow more people to pull in.  I might move the undistributed funds to a multisig address, I would expect my cosigners to:
- have a long term interest in the success of Byteball at best, or be neutral at least
- be non-anonymous

The hour for a byteball-foundation. I suggest you, to have 3 multisig-keys for members from the industry to invest in and gain value/interests for byteball.

Greetz
Steve
Please no, I trust tonych more than "plus 2 people" especially if they are from "industry".

Tony please maintain control of byteball, and distribution until all 99% are distributed by you.

Inviting "industry" people is catastrophoe, recipe for political disaster. This industry is known for being crooked and dishonest, thieves and lowlives fighting for breadcrumbs. What byteball is so far is because of tonych. And his sole decisions.

All hail tonych.
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 08:34:06 PM

- be non-anonymous

Any sense on who might be interested in running business on byteball, such as being a gateway, issuing assets? They could be good candidates to help with distribution.

freezal

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:46:39 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 08:57:39 PM by freezal

- be non-anonymous

The hour for a byteball-foundation. I suggest you, to have 3 multisig-keys for members from the industry to invest in and gain value/interests for byteball.

Greetz
Steve
Please no, I trust tonych more than "plus 2 people" especially if they are from "industry".

Tony please maintain control of byteball, and distribution until all 99% are distributed by you.

Inviting "industry" people is catastrophoe, recipe for political disaster. This industry is known for being crooked and dishonest, thieves and lowlives fighting for breadcrumbs. What byteball is so far is because of tonych. And his sole decisions.

All hail tonych.

I agree completely with this assessment.
Please tonich, don't do this. Keep control of this project till it can survive by itself.  This project need time for the best minds to learn its principles and can form a shield against all the deceivers that will pop up and try to take it over. I think this is the time for those that have the knowledge to help clarify all technical and design aspects of byteball. I know that now there is only a few advanced technical questions, but this soon will change. By the time technical discussions evolve, hopefully the economy will be able to choose direction based on wisdom of wise men ike you and others.
Please, keep politics out of it.

edit: forget some points
grajson

Activity: 100
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:28:44 PM

Hi, at the 24th december I linked my btc address by sending requested ammount to the address pointed by transition bot. Later bot informed me that it see the payment but waiting for confirmations so I assumed it was enough to receive bytes. Now when I came back from holidays I see that my bytes wallet is still empty.

Here the tx https://blockchain.info/pl/tx/7d3eb212743e3d61236fb62af8d58fd53377cc957f148a9701806867620aebc8

Will I be able to claim my bytes?

HI-TEC99
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:39:46 PM

Hi, at the 24th december I linked my btc address by sending requested ammount to the address pointed by transition bot. Later bot informed me that it see the payment but waiting for confirmations so I assumed it was enough to receive bytes. Now when I came back from holidays I see that my bytes wallet is still empty.

Here the tx https://blockchain.info/pl/tx/7d3eb212743e3d61236fb62af8d58fd53377cc957f148a9701806867620aebc8

You can check here.

http://transition.byteball.org/

The Bitcoin address 19Zy4DMKvhvYReZUqcmit9BxQuFZY1WpRj associated with that transaction contains 2.69717200 Bitcoins, and the linked byteball address 7CHYHBLTG57TM7NHS7DZSRFMCAV25WSX contains 0.0038% of all the byteballs distributed.

You can check your byteball address balance here.

https://explorer.byteball.org

The byteball address 7CHYHBLTG57TM7NHS7DZSRFMCAV25WSX contains 3811934152 bytes.

https://explorer.byteball.org/#7CHYHBLTG57TM7NHS7DZSRFMCAV25WSX
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:43:48 PM

Please update to v1.0.0 of the wallet. This update is mandatory to receive your Bytes and Blackbytes!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
grajson

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:25:26 PM

Thanks HI-TEC99 and CryptKeeper for clarification Smiley

What exactly I need to do to secure a backup before update to v1.0.0?

"To restore wallets, you will need a full backup of Byteball settings. Just the wallet seed is not enough"

grajson

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:34:25 PM

I actually installed v1.0.0 wallet on my android device but no clue how to upload to it my byteball address where the bytes were distributed.

HI-TEC99
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:40:48 PM

Thanks HI-TEC99 and CryptKeeper for clarification Smiley

What exactly I need to do to secure a backup before update to v1.0.0?

"To restore wallets, you will need a full backup of Byteball settings. Just the wallet seed is not enough"

It's vital to backup this windows folder to ensure you get your blackbytes.

C:\users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Byteball

The folder is normally hidden. If you haven't configured your computer to make it visible then click the windows orb, type %appdata% into the search box and press enter, Your hidden appdata folder should open.

It's also important to back up your wallet words (the seed) that you can view in the advanced section of your wallet.
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: