Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:18:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
grajson

Activity: 100
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:54:32 PM

Got it! Both bytes and blackbytes:) thank you so much!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:58:10 PM

Got it! Both bytes and blackbytes:) thank you so much!

Make sure to backup your wallet directory once more after you got the BB. Blackbytes are stored locally, so you would better backup the dir every time when you get considerable amounts.

... this space is not for rent ...
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:05:11 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2017, 01:21:00 AM by drays

Having to keep so many undistributed coins doesn't make me feel comfortable either.  I have to find a balance between distributing fast and distributing wide, which takes more time to allow more people to pull in.  I might move the undistributed funds to a multisig address, I would expect my cosigners to:
- have a long term interest in the success of Byteball at best, or be neutral at least
- be non-anonymous
- have a good reputation in the crypto community
- be trusted not to collude with me or with each other

The hour for a byteball-foundation. I suggest you, to have 3 multisig-keys for members from the industry to invest in and gain value/interests for byteball.

Greetz
Steve
Please no, I trust tonych more than "plus 2 people" especially if they are from "industry".

Tony please maintain control of byteball, and distribution until all 99% are distributed by you.

Inviting "industry" people is catastrophoe, recipe for political disaster. This industry is known for being crooked and dishonest, thieves and lowlives fighting for breadcrumbs. What byteball is so far is because of tonych. And his sole decisions.

All hail tonych.

I agree completely with this assessment.
Please tonich, don't do this. Keep control of this project till it can survive by itself.  This project need time for the best minds to learn its principles and can form a shield against all the deceivers that will pop up and try to take it over. I think this is the time for those that have the knowledge to help clarify all technical and design aspects of byteball. I know that now there is only a few advanced technical questions, but this soon will change. By the time technical discussions evolve, hopefully the economy will be able to choose direction based on wisdom of wise men ike you and others.
Please, keep politics out of it.

edit: forget some points

Giving the key holders too much power indeed could be bad idea. But holding the funds in a multisig address is a great solution. We may all trust tonych, but the point is - not everyone will trust a single man to keep all the funds. Its easier to trust a group of unrelated people than one person. "Power is a great seducer." Smiley The funds keepers only need to be honest people with very good reputation, and guarantee the funds will be intact. They should not hold any power on making decisions, or invest or moreover to have some interest.

They just should hold and be responsive. Having those funds secured until distribution will make it easier for the project to attract more investors, and clear up FUD. In any case, though I "hail" no-one Smiley, I am sure tonych makes the right decision on this Smiley

... this space is not for rent ...
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:23:12 AM

How to restore the wallet from seed? I couldn't find it in the UI. I know you can't restore blackbytes this way but nevertheless.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:37:27 AM

How to restore the wallet from seed? I couldn't find it in the UI. I know you can't restore blackbytes this way but nevertheless.

The dev gave this way of restoring your wallet using its seed words by installing the headless (no GUI) version of the wallet. Like you said it can't restore blackbytes, only byteballs.

<snip>

Thanks for helping me out.

So currently how would you import the seed? Is it hard or impossible? I am trying to gauge how to secure my investment on release as I am not convinced by the redundant access theory TBH. A secure paper wallet generator would really solve most of my issues.

Thank you for you time Smiley.

Pablo.

It is possible but rather involved.
One way to restore from the seed is by installing the headless wallet https://github.com/byteball/headless-byteball.  It stores the seed in a file keys.json in its data directory.  Run the wallet once to see the format of the file (it'll generate new keys the first time it runs), then delete all data and recreate keys.json from your saved seed.  It should see the balance, then you can move the entire balance from the headless to a GUI wallet via chat commands.
Xeelee

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:44:18 AM

Thanks for the good start. Very easy to use and install.

Any idea how to calculat the market capitalization using the prices from only exchange? Byteball has so many units I'm struggeling to calculate it myself in a proper way.

Many thanks in advance!

NXT-Wallet: NXT-UBDL-3XU4-NQBZ-FT33G
sxafir

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:57:56 AM

Want to sell blackbytes anyone interest contact me https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=696416;sa=summary
marseille

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 08:02:00 AM

Giving the key holders too much power indeed could be bad idea. But holding the funds in a multisig address is a great solution. We may all trust tonych, but the point is - not everyone will trust a single man to keep all the funds. Its easier to trust a group of unrelated people than one person. "Power is a great seducer." Smiley The funds keepers only need to be honest people with very good reputation, and guarantee the funds will be intact. They should not hold any power on making decisions, or invest or moreover to have some interest.

They just should hold and be responsive. Having those funds secured until distribution will make it easier for the project to attract more investors, and clear up FUD. In any case, though I "hail" no-one Smiley, I am sure tonych makes the right decision on this Smiley

Distributing to people (and let those who want out be out) will do the best to the coin. As the coin need to be supported by the people, and the more supporters the better chance it will succeed.
kola-schaar

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:06:41 AM

Thanks for the good start. Very easy to use and install.

Any idea how to calculat the market capitalization using the prices from only exchange? Byteball has so many units I'm struggeling to calculate it myself in a proper way.

Maybe this way:

Hope you can access the screenshots (somehow I'm too stupid to post Pictures  Smiley)
Ghoom

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:18:35 AM

Need some bytes for sending blackbytes ?
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:42:02 AM

Having to keep so many undistributed coins doesn't make me feel comfortable either.  I have to find a balance between distributing fast and distributing wide, which takes more time to allow more people to pull in.  I might move the undistributed funds to a multisig address, I would expect my cosigners to:
- have a long term interest in the success of Byteball at best, or be neutral at least
- be non-anonymous

The hour for a byteball-foundation. I suggest you, to have 3 multisig-keys for members from the industry to invest in and gain value/interests for byteball.

Greetz
Steve
Please no, I trust tonych more than "plus 2 people" especially if they are from "industry".

Tony please maintain control of byteball, and distribution until all 99% are distributed by you.

Inviting "industry" people is catastrophoe, recipe for political disaster. This industry is known for being crooked and dishonest, thieves and lowlives fighting for breadcrumbs. What byteball is so far is because of tonych. And his sole decisions.

All hail tonych.

I agree completely with this assessment.
Please tonich, don't do this. Keep control of this project till it can survive by itself.  This project need time for the best minds to learn its principles and can form a shield against all the deceivers that will pop up and try to take it over. I think this is the time for those that have the knowledge to help clarify all technical and design aspects of byteball. I know that now there is only a few advanced technical questions, but this soon will change. By the time technical discussions evolve, hopefully the economy will be able to choose direction based on wisdom of wise men ike you and others.
Please, keep politics out of it.

edit: forget some points

your key argument holds and fails on "only need to be honest people". Fucking LOL. Diogenes enteres the scene, with his lantern in broad daylight, people ask him wtf mate, he says im looking for an honest man amongst you.

To trust tonych is far easier than to trust 3 people, especially together. A group is shit. A group is a horde, can be herded, individuals are elegant, groups only leave massive amounts of shit - see bitcoin, it could have evolved if it was 1 person making decision instead of 5.

Tonych dont make the same mistake as Satoshi, keep control and carry on, distribution method is excellent despite maybe 2 people complaining, and they can go make their own distribution method as a group.
oldisoft

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

https://iota.org/

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:05:13 PM

Participation in Byteball distribution

If you missed the 1st round of distribution, you can still participate in the further rounds.  If you were in the 1st round, you can multiply your holdings.  In the second round, which is expected in mid-February, you receive:
- 62.5 MB for every 1 BTC of proven balance
- 0.1 new bytes for every 1 byte
(received in the 1st round)

There was 100 000 GB distributed in the first round.
This means that there will be 10 000 GB distributed to byteball holders in the second round (0.1 new bytes for every 1 byte received in the 1st round).

Let us assume that in the second round there will be 100 000 BTC linked.
This would mean there will be 6250 GB distributed according to BTC balances.

So most likely the dev will distribute much less bytes in the second round (than in the first round).

People tend to be suspicious about cryptos where the majority of coins is held by the dev for a long time.

This is not like Bitcoin where you know everything about the distribution from the beginning. Here we have the dev who reserves the right for himself to distribute most coins arbitrarily in the future. A free airdrop distribution is risky but possible. But here there is one person who controls 90 percent of the total amount of coins and this one person can ARBITRARILY decide about their future distribution. For months, maybe year(s) to come.

This must make byteball feel like a joke for any serious investor.

Well, I can consider all other critics to be a FUD, and the concerns about the ICOs included in distribution can be also somehow discarded (I believe that will not do that much harm at the end of the day), but this concern quoted above sounds really important to me!! And it is a somewhat worrying.

tonych and/or CryptKeeper, could you please address this comment? Its not a simple FUD or grunt of people who are unhappy by distribution. I believe its valid concern.

If the majority of coins remains at your disposal for so long time, how do you think it will affect the adoption by exchanges or other businesses? You may be the most honest person in the world, and will keep all your promises (and I personally believe you will), but how you can prove that to others, so they believe you will not just dump your undistributed coins?

- be non-anonymous

Hi! Happy New Year to everybody!

Can I still take a few Byteball by  showing my BTC address?

Cheers

kola-schaar

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:08:27 PM

In my opinion yes (I am not sure), because blackbytes are an example for Fixed denominations assets (see page 42)
other related sites :
#page 1
..There is an internal currency called ‘bytes’ that is used to pay for adding data into the decentralized database…
#page 3
Privacy. … Transactions in bytes (the base currency) in Byteball are equally visible, but there is a second currency (blackbytes), which is significantly less traceable..
#page 5 Native currency: bytes
…Thus, to store your data in the global decentralized database you have to pay a fee in internal currency called bytes, and the amount you pay is equal to the size of data you are going to store (including all headers, signatures, etc)…
#page 6
..Bytes can be used not only for payment of storage fees (also called commissions), but also can be sent to other users to pay for goods or services or in exchange for other assets…
page 43
..In Byteball, we have a private fixed denominations asset blackbytes..
Krypt
Legendary

Activity: 1538
Merit: 1093

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:24:57 PM

Can I still take a few Byteball by  showing my BTC address?
Yes, you can. In mid-February.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:58:35 PM

There is a slack channel #trading for Bytes and #trading_blackbytes for Blackbytes, please go there if you want to buy, sell, exchange Bytes and Blackbytes or want to speculate about the price!  Grin

There's also an automated order book at #book (Bytes asks and bids only):
List of commands:
ASKS
BIDS
ASK <BTC> <GB>
BID <BTC> <GB>
REMOVE ASK
REMOVE BID

Please keep this in mind for your own safety:

Little guide for Byteball trading

This slack channel is for discussing Byteball trading and for organizing such trades. Please be aware that at the moment, the only way to trade safely is through a reputable escrow middleman! Even if you think you know the guy who you want to trade with, you should better trade through an escrow! We've already seen lots of scammers who try to impersonate well-known community members. So proceed with due diligence and always make sure that you are dealing with the right person, especially your escrow middleman. Only use registered escrow services and compare the usernames and bitcoin addresses carefully before you send someone your precious coins!

Registered escrow services:

@yassinnxt
Registered escrow bitcoin address: 153tSmxbKfby652LUyYdYEZhoxY9RzHYrz
Fee: 1% in BTC (from Byteball buyer)
(approx. 2700 BTC escrowed so far)

@seccour
Registered escrow bitcoin address: 1Hx3kxKbYyNgGyqzLB5Qw8BA8dZbuu1Xjn
Fee: none (tips accepted)
(over 500 BTC escrowed so far)

@martis
Registered escrow bitcoin address: 1pMPHbinYokoXEDav5J3tkto14rxBSwx9
Fee: 1% in BTC (split 50/50 between buyer and seller)

Get your slack invite here: http://slack.byteball.org/

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:59:52 PM

Yes, from my experience it's about 1500 Bytes per tx.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
kola-schaar

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:05:49 PM

Whats the nature of bytes and blackbytes in Byteball?

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
In my imagination bytes are more comparable to fuel.
It’s the currency to ensure the operation and the stability (health) of the network.
So the characteristics of bytes is more like gas (ETH or Ripple) and blackbytes are almost (in the broadest sense) like cash / (~XMR..).
-> Blackbytes are a layer of Bytes (as well as bank notes are a physical layer of a native currency).
Ghoom

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 03:12:41 PM

Yes, from my experience it's about 1500 Bytes per tx.

Thank
Yaremi
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 03:18:36 PM

Please vote!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc2fiKVGs8bBWSzUols16GjetJ0aWx4N1J10SP0NwhG6rdtfg/viewform

Thanks!

Зaлeтaй в нaш чaт http://allcrypto.chat/
CryptoMaik

Activity: 594

Blockchain entrepreneur✔

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 06:06:39 PM

If i want to chat with the bot to link our BTC adress....nothing happens, the chat window opens but the bot dont respond.

CryptoMaik ✔
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: