Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:32:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 225 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration!  (Read 499434 times)
stoppots

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 12:01:13 AM

That did it, working for me now thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 02:49:52 AM

I made some minor changes to Dwolla payouts.  Because it's proving to be incredibly difficult to keep the Dwolla account funded due to their ridiculously long wait time on deposits, I'm added a feature for those wanting Dwolla payouts to use Dwolla Instant or Dwolla. 

Dwolla Instant will do what it sounds like, pay immediately.  This is the behavior everyone is used to and it consumes a large portion of my time trying to monitor and fund the Dwolla account.  The "new" Dwolla feature is the funded Dwolla, where I do not have to monitor the account and it will pay in 3 - 5 business days.  I realize this might be kind of annoying to some people, but it's a real headache for me.  So to alleviate that headache and pay for my Advil, the Dwolla Instant comes with a 2% fee.

Keep in mind, even with a 2% fee, that's still about the same rate we were paying for Paypal, so there's not really anything lost there and if you don't want to pay the fee you can just use the regular Dwolla and there will be no fee applied.

Let the questions begin!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 04:49:34 AM

My big question is are you goin to be able to continue the awesome job you're doing now, when you start working a BFL?

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
BlackPrapor

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 09:13:51 AM

The pool started in May 2011.  I need to run a reconciliation against blocks found.  It sometimes gets out of sync and I haven't done that since the problems a couple months ago, so at one point it was counting up blocks found repeatedly for the same block.  I've removed myself from the listings as well, so the charts should reflect it now.

I've added the new headers to all pages as well. 

With regards to the last trade figures (They are from BTCCharts), they are updated every 15 minutes or so, I think.  There is daily average and last sale both on there.

Reject rates are shown (at least for stales) - what / where are you wanting reject rates to be displayed?

Yeah, I can see rejected shares, just wasn't so obvious at first glance. Would be nice to have it in a separate column with percentage in brackets  Roll Eyes. I'm running one minirig on bitminter pool atm, and I was really surprised to see 0.03%-0.045% reject rate. Taking into account that they do LP on every nmc block as well, unlike ozcoin for example, it shows really low reject rate. On emc I get around 0.075%-0.1% and that's with 0.4ms ping. DrHaribo said they made some major improvements, and zux0r helped them. At this point these small numbers don't mean anything, but when the asics come, they will  Grin.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
Askit2

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 11:19:39 AM

Hello,
Sometimes after LP's I get a string of rejected work saying stale (prev-blk) CGMiner is rolling the work and producing apparently stale shares for me at my normal submission rate. When a new work unit is recieved after rolling finishes I suddenly have all accepted shares. If I manually change to a different server on EclipseMC I will also suddenly have all accepted shares. Checking EclipseMC numbered blocks 2024,2025 I have around a 10% reject rate but on 2026 I have just  under 2% as well as 2027 is just above 2%. My average according to CGminer is 9.68%. Could you look into why at the LP it seems I am either given an old work unit sometimes or why it marks work from the LP work unit as prev-blk?

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 03:47:33 PM

Hello,

Is there a delay with auto payouts today?  Mine usually hit my wallet 15 minutes after the time posted on the transaction history page, but today's hasn't arrived yet after 45. 

Thanks,
Dave
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 05:29:08 PM

Hello,

Is there a delay with auto payouts today?  Mine usually hit my wallet 15 minutes after the time posted on the transaction history page, but today's hasn't arrived yet after 45. 

Thanks,
Dave
This is a very frequently asked question, It can take anywhere from a second to 2hours to see the transaction, (this goes for almost all FeeLess bitcoin transactions)
and takes about 3min to 24hours for the confirmations.
why? Because somepeople Pay money to get thier money faster (a good majority do this) and when you dont pay this UNNECCESARY fee, You get put at the back of the line of transactions

Long story short, It all depends on Where your transaction is on the Block Chain, Please do some reading

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 06:20:25 PM

Thank you for the clarification.  I will research further next time before posting.

-Dave
Thralen

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 07:11:42 PM

Davecoin has a point for today. I had a payout where I received the email notification more than 2 1/4 hours ago. Even after Eclipse has solved another block after that it still isn't showing up in my wallet, nor on the wallet address in blockchain.info, nor is the amount listed in the unconfirmed transactions list with blockchain. So, yes I would say something is up with autopayout. Hope the alterations to Dwolla payouts didn't screw with the standard payouts.

Thralen

Supporting bitcoin as best I can with 1. mining, 2. buying with bitcoin, 3. selling (or trying to) for bitcoin. If you make a donation to:  1MahzUUEYJrZ4VbPRm2h5itGZKEguGVZK1  I'll get it into circulation.
LazyOtto

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 07:17:01 PM

Well, just within the last fifteen minutes I hit an auto-payment amount.

And, as I was typing this, I got the payout notification email.

Starting Bitcoin-Qt now and I'll be back to let y'all know what I see. (It'll have to catch up for a day or two of block-chain updating.)

--

edit: block-chain is caught up and the transaction doesn't yet show. Which is not a surprise. I'll look again in 10 to 30 minutes and post an update.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 07:36:31 PM

Yeah, did a manual payment a couple of hours ago. Still hasn't shown up. Usually takes a minute or two. Half hour at most. I guess there is some sort of bug Inaba has to work out.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 07:40:21 PM

Yeah, did a manual payment a couple of hours ago. Still hasn't shown up. Usually takes a minute or two. Half hour at most. I guess there is some sort of bug Inaba has to work out.

I have an autopay waiting to show in the blockchain for 4.5 hours now...

LazyOtto

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:16:19 PM

I have an autopay waiting to show in the blockchain for 4.5 hours now...
And I've not seen mine yet either, after about an hour now.

So, emails purporting payments are being sent but the actual payments are not being submitted?

Not good, Inaba.
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 08:27:07 PM

!#@$#@$ Gah!  I disabled autopayouts while I worked out some bugs in the new Dwolla code and forgot to turn it back on.  It's back on now and they should all go out in the next 15 minutes or so.  I'm sorry about that.  When I disabled it, I even thought to myself "I have to remember to re-enable this" and then though "Yeah, no problem I will remember this time."  

Of course, I did not.  But in brief, the emails are sent out from a different queue than the payments are sent.  Lots of things in EMC are queued and handled by separate processes, some on different servers to take the load off any one server and provide a failover.  So when a payment goes out, an email is put into the queue and the payment itself is put into a different queue.  I disabled the actual payment queue but not the email one, so the emails went ahead and were sent while the actual payment queue just started to fill up. 

With regards to continuing to support EMC, I have been working for BFL for two weeks now, so yes, I will continue to support EMC as I have before.  No plans to change anything there, except possibly bring some additional help on board to give the site some much needed improvements that are beyond my time or ability at the moment.

Yeah, I can see rejected shares, just wasn't so obvious at first glance. Would be nice to have it in a separate column with percentage in brackets  . I'm running one minirig on bitminter pool atm, and I was really surprised to see 0.03%-0.045% reject rate. Taking into account that they do LP on every nmc block as well, unlike ozcoin for example, it shows really low reject rate. On emc I get around 0.075%-0.1% and that's with 0.4ms ping. DrHaribo said they made some major improvements, and zux0r helped them. At this point these small numbers don't mean anything, but when the asics come, they will

I have been thinking about re-designing the My workers page, so let me look into what can be done there.  Right now, we are short on room as far as that goes, so adding stuff has always been an exercise in juggling all the info without squeezing it all in there and looking terrible.

For reject rates, what are you getting rejected with, because that would make a difference on how to fix it.

Sometimes after LP's I get a string of rejected work saying stale (prev-blk) CGMiner is rolling the work and producing apparently stale shares for me at my normal submission rate. When a new work unit is recieved after rolling finishes I suddenly have all accepted shares. If I manually change to a different server on EclipseMC I will also suddenly have all accepted shares. Checking EclipseMC numbered blocks 2024,2025 I have around a 10% reject rate but on 2026 I have just  under 2% as well as 2027 is just above 2%. My average according to CGminer is 9.68%. Could you look into why at the LP it seems I am either given an old work unit sometimes or why it marks work from the LP work unit as prev-blk?

That sounds like a CGMiner issue, actually... make ckolivas can chime in with some suggestion(s) on a source of the problem and/or how to fix it.  But off the top of my head, it sounds like you may have --submit-stale turned on, which would definitely cause that issue.

On another note, I am going to be putting up a test server with dynamic difficulty... I will post some more information tonight, but it's the ultimate goal of the diff10 server.  For now, I will leave the diff10 server up and running and put up another server for dynamic difficulty testing.  Then once that's stable and working, I will be rolling it out to all the servers and taking the diff10 server offline.  

At that point, much like the saying "God only gives you what you can handle." the servers will start handing out shares of varying difficulty based on what you can handle. Smiley  Slower miners will get lower difficulty shares and faster ones will get higher difficulty shares and no one will be left out or left behind either now or going forward into the ASIC era.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
LazyOtto

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:31:25 PM

"I have to remember to re-enable this" and then though "Yeah, no problem I will remember this time."  
Oh, yeah, sure.

I've *never* done that. Not even on my real job where there was *real money* in substantial amounts involved.  Smiley

BTW, ty.

--

edit: And just to follow-up, my last auto-pay now shows on the chain.
Thralen

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:56:12 PM

Mine has come through as well, thanks Inaba...

thralen

Supporting bitcoin as best I can with 1. mining, 2. buying with bitcoin, 3. selling (or trying to) for bitcoin. If you make a donation to:  1MahzUUEYJrZ4VbPRm2h5itGZKEguGVZK1  I'll get it into circulation.
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:59:50 PM

"I have to remember to re-enable this" and then though "Yeah, no problem I will remember this time."  

If I had a nickel for every time I used to say this....
Sometimes I used to mark an X on my hand or wrap something around a finger ( to remember I had something important to do do) only to later go: What the hell is with this on my hand  Huh

But off the top of my head, it sounds like you may have --submit-stale turned on, which would definitely cause that issue.

If I am not mistaken submit stale is by default on, so you would need to disable it with : --no-submit-stale
TheHarbinger

Activity: 378

Why is it so damn hot in here?

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:13:09 PM

If I had a nickel for every time I used to say this....
Sometimes I used to mark an X on my hand or wrap something around a finger ( to remember I had something important to do do) only to later go: What the hell is with this on my hand  Huh

But off the top of my head, it sounds like you may have --submit-stale turned on, which would definitely cause that issue.

If I am not mistaken submit stale is by default on, so you would need to disable it with : --no-submit-stale

It's not a matter of disabling it, it's a matter of not forcing it to submit the stale shares.  99.9% of the time, neither --submit-stale , or --no-submit-stale should be used.  If neither is used, CGminer defaults to doing what the pool tells it to do.

Please don't confuse people screwing with CGminer's settings to be a problem of CGminer itself, there is a difference between operator error and a program error.

12Um6jfDE7q6crm1s6tSksMvda8s1hZ3Vj
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:29:53 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2012, 10:28:26 PM by philips

Only talking here about the option --submit-stale no longer existing and being replaced by --no-submit-stale in cgminer options.

Human readable changelog

Important: --submit-stale option no longer exists. I have replaced it with --no-submit-stale and made it submit stale shares by default now.

Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 10:10:01 PM

So yeah, that sounds like the issue then.  If you're getting stale-prevblk it just means you are submitting shares from the previous block, after the LP.  

There's nothing wrong with doing this, at least in the case of EMC, but it is going to increase your "apparent" stale count (but not your actual stale count, as those shares just would have been discarded anyway). 

Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 225 »
  Print  

Jump to: