Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:43:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142233 times)
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 02:09:15 PM

Do this bitcoin bank will work the same as an ordinary one? Well, I don't see the sense in this idea. To create something new and separated, all that will ask costs. better would be an ordinary bank would start to work with bitcoin. That seems me much more easy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LovelyPrey

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:29:44 PM

Do this bitcoin bank will work the same as an ordinary one? Well, I don't see the sense in this idea. To create something new and separated, all that will ask costs. better would be an ordinary bank would start to work with bitcoin. That seems me much more easy.

This will makes lost traders job because people will just use bank then.

FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 03:53:31 PM

Bitcoin bank concept is not possible because when Bitcoin price grows than everyone want their Bitcoin in their own wallet so bank will bankrupt when Bitcoin price grows. Another point is if Bitcoin banks exist than Bank charges cost will be more so holding Bitcoin in a bank account will be more costly otherwise how bitcoin banks will recover their operating cost like salary of employees etc.   

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 04:10:34 PM

Bitcoin bank concept is not possible because when Bitcoin price grows than everyone want their Bitcoin in their own wallet so bank will bankrupt when Bitcoin price grows. Another point is if Bitcoin banks exist than Bank charges cost will be more so holding Bitcoin in a bank account will be more costly otherwise how bitcoin banks will recover their operating cost like salary of employees etc.   
Those expenses would be charged from the users on it and we all know bitcoins price does really increase and you are right bank would possibly closed just like on other online investment when bitcoins price sudden rises they tend to close for profits purposes thats why its still very risky and people would rather choose a wallet than banks.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

I do not agree with Bitcoin integrated in banks because if Bitcoin will be integrated in banks then we will have to pay for transaction fees beside the miners. I am using Bitcoin because there is no 3rd party that controls my transaction, another thing we will not become anonymous if we do have Bitcoin banks because in banks you need your personal details in order to open a bank account.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 05:47:59 PM

I dont see the real need of such bitcoin bank at all, whats the purpose let the coins safe? Trust into a third companie to store your bitcoins? To get extra interest montly or year? Anyway i do know we do use web wallets, and wallets made for a third company, but they havent control over the coins, something a bank would get, i like the freedom that i do have now and there is no way to such thing happen and make me change my mind.
I agree with your point that online wallets are working like banks for bitcoin and with them we often feel insecurity and prefer desktop wallets and consider the desktop wallets as more secure so not any more banks like them we need we are happy to have our coins with us.

Desktop clients are indeed the better option as you have full control over every aspect of your coins, but that's assuming you run on a clean cumputer with the required security measures. It's not that when you make use of a desktop client that you automatically enjoy a high level of security. It's as safe as you want it to be. That's why it's important to secure all your wallet files with lengthy passphrases. On top of that you can add an extra layer of protection by encrypting your wallet files

That would really add nothing to security

Your private key is still held in memory unencrypted for some time (I don't even mention keyloggers), so if your computer gets compromised, most likely you can kiss your coins good-bye. Even if you run Linux in an unprivileged environment, there are exploits that allow the attacker to get root access (if you use unpatched kernel). Once I did that myself on my own Linux box for test purposes. I found an exploit for my version of kernel, it was just a few lines of bash code, and voila, I got root access from an unprivileged account. And with root access (administrative access in case of Windows) you can do pretty much anything (e.g. read any segment of memory)

If you took the effort to thoroughly read through my post, then you would have noticed that I stated "that's assuming you run on a clean cumputer". So yes, it does add plenty to the security of your private keys. Paranoid people can even choose to run a seperate system solely for the purpose of syncing and transacting through their desktop client.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 05:56:57 PM

I dont see the real need of such bitcoin bank at all, whats the purpose let the coins safe? Trust into a third companie to store your bitcoins? To get extra interest montly or year? Anyway i do know we do use web wallets, and wallets made for a third company, but they havent control over the coins, something a bank would get, i like the freedom that i do have now and there is no way to such thing happen and make me change my mind.
I agree with your point that online wallets are working like banks for bitcoin and with them we often feel insecurity and prefer desktop wallets and consider the desktop wallets as more secure so not any more banks like them we need we are happy to have our coins with us.

Desktop clients are indeed the better option as you have full control over every aspect of your coins, but that's assuming you run on a clean cumputer with the required security measures. It's not that when you make use of a desktop client that you automatically enjoy a high level of security. It's as safe as you want it to be. That's why it's important to secure all your wallet files with lengthy passphrases. On top of that you can add an extra layer of protection by encrypting your wallet files

Your private key is still held in memory unencrypted for some time (I don't even mention keyloggers), so if your computer gets compromised, most likely you can kiss your coins good-bye. Even if you run Linux in an unprivileged environment, there are exploits that allow the attacker to get root access (if you use unpatched kernel). Once I did that myself on my own Linux box for test purposes. I found an exploit for my version of kernel, it was just a few lines of bash code, and voila, I got root access from an unprivileged account. And with root access (administrative access in case of Windows) you can do pretty much anything (e.g. read any segment of memory)

If you took the effort to thoroughly read through my post, then you would have noticed that I stated "that's assuming you run on a clean cumputer". So yes, it does add plenty to the security of your private keys. Paranoid people can even choose to run a seperate system solely for the purpose of syncing and transacting through their desktop client.

Cumputer?! What did I miss?

Nevertheless, if you read my reply carefully, you would certainly see that I specifically mentioned "if your computer gets compromised". That pretty much accounts for your assumption and basically means that even if you run or create your wallets as well as encrypt them (or do some other black magic) on a clean box, this doesn't in the least prevent your computer from the possibility of being compromised any moment (I'm afraid even to imagine what might happen to a "cumputer" in this regard). You should understand that as long as your desktop or notebook is connected to Internet, you are in a red-light district, so to speak

Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 09:56:34 PM

I do not agree with Bitcoin integrated in banks because if Bitcoin will be integrated in banks then we will have to pay for transaction fees beside the miners. I am using Bitcoin because there is no 3rd party that controls my transaction, another thing we will not become anonymous if we do have Bitcoin banks because in banks you need your personal details in order to open a bank account.
there is a lot of people against of bitcoin bank because we do not want to pay high fees in bitcoin bank you can see that bank has too much high fees and bitcoin has too much low fees so a lot of people like digital system for bitcoin than bitcoin bank.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 10:05:30 PM

i do not think it that it can be so much effective. because to me i think it is more easy to withdraw or deposit bitcoin in online wallet and you can have easy access to your wallet all the time therefore to me i think bitcoin walle is sitll the best option.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 10:23:03 PM

Nevertheless, if you read my reply carefully, you would certainly see that I specifically mentioned "if your computer gets compromised". That pretty much accounts for your assumption and basically means that even if you run or create your wallets as well as encrypt them (or do some other black magic) on a clean box, this doesn't in the least prevent your computer from the possibility of being compromised any moment (I'm afraid even to imagine what might happen to a "cumputer" in this regard). You should understand that as long as your desktop or notebook is connected to Internet, you are in a red-light district, so to speak

Computer as in PC or notebook or whatever other name label you want to stick on it. Yes, whatever you do when you're connected to the internet there is always a possibility of having your connection/system compromised. That's why you at all times should perform a thorough system checkup before you copy your digital wallet files or private keys into the client you are running. But it basically only applies to people having a decent level of understanding regarding their OS. The average Bitcoiner won't go through all of this aside from the standard antivirus to scan their system.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 07:10:21 AM

Computer as in PC or notebook or whatever other name label you want to stick on it. Yes, whatever you do when you're connected to the internet there is always a possibility of having your connection/system compromised. That's why you at all times should perform a thorough system checkup before you copy your digital wallet files or private keys into the client you are running. But it basically only applies to people having a decent level of understanding regarding their OS. The average Bitcoiner won't go through all of this aside from the standard antivirus to scan their system.

Oh, now you come (wtf) to understand that web wallets are actually a better choice for an average Bitcoiner? After your computer gets infected and your coins are gone, standard (or whatever) antivirus checks would be like flogging a dead horse. But you still don't get it. Your thorough system checkup before you add your wallet and add coins to it won't protect your system from a possible compromise in the future. There are so-called 0-day vulnerabilities (if you don't know) which may render your efforts fruitless, even if you yourself don't do something stupid. The only 100% bullet and foolproof solution is to use cold storage...

Or stick to a web wallet and hope that they do

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 11:28:07 AM

You don't even consider how many people are willing to store their coins elsewhere just for the free of charge transactions and basic security even if they don't get any interest at all. But, as the proverb goes, a penny saved is a penny gained, so the amount saved on such transactions can well be thought as kind of interest. Though I don't think that all these people using web wallets (here I refer to them obviously) are somehow convinced in the sense you mean it...

Since if you have to transact often with relatively small amounts, that maybe your only viable option
If that's really the case, then certain people are even more pathetic than I was initially thinking.

Look at it how you want, saving on a few thousand satoshis worth of transaction fees is just peanuts. In no way can that be considered whatever form of interest.

But maybe I am not yet fully aware of how stingy/ignorant can really be. Nothing comes free in this world, so even these "free" transaction costs have to be paid in one way or another.

They are not pathetic, they are rational and pragmatic

And it is no longer a few thousand satoshi, it is now more about a few dozen thousands of satoshi if you don't want your funds frozen and your transaction rejected in a couple of days. I really don't know how, say, Coinbase makes free of charge transactions possible (I mean where they get all the funds), but they have been offering this service since at least 2013 (if not from the very beginning) when there weren't Bitcoin payment cards yet and any other such services for compensating their expenses
You just try to find things where you constantly keep throwing with opposite arguments to bump your post count. It's annoying.

It's pathetic and you are just saying that it's not because you're exactly one of these people that try to save out on everything where every satoshi counts, right? Spammer.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 11:59:40 AM

I agree, with the existence of the bitcoin bank will further strengthened the presence of bitcoin, this gives the certainty that bitcoin there will be for the long term. We must support it, because it is profitable bitcoin.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 02:34:37 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2017, 03:02:38 PM by deisik

You don't even consider how many people are willing to store their coins elsewhere just for the free of charge transactions and basic security even if they don't get any interest at all. But, as the proverb goes, a penny saved is a penny gained, so the amount saved on such transactions can well be thought as kind of interest. Though I don't think that all these people using web wallets (here I refer to them obviously) are somehow convinced in the sense you mean it...

Since if you have to transact often with relatively small amounts, that maybe your only viable option
If that's really the case, then certain people are even more pathetic than I was initially thinking.

Look at it how you want, saving on a few thousand satoshis worth of transaction fees is just peanuts. In no way can that be considered whatever form of interest.

But maybe I am not yet fully aware of how stingy/ignorant can really be. Nothing comes free in this world, so even these "free" transaction costs have to be paid in one way or another.

They are not pathetic, they are rational and pragmatic

And it is no longer a few thousand satoshi, it is now more about a few dozen thousands of satoshi if you don't want your funds frozen and your transaction rejected in a couple of days. I really don't know how, say, Coinbase makes free of charge transactions possible (I mean where they get all the funds), but they have been offering this service since at least 2013 (if not from the very beginning) when there weren't Bitcoin payment cards yet and any other such services for compensating their expenses
You just try to find things where you constantly keep throwing with opposite arguments to bump your post count. It's annoying.

It's pathetic and you are just saying that it's not because you're exactly one of these people that try to save out on everything where every satoshi counts, right? Spammer.

So you basically have nothing of substance to say in reply, and now you are just trying to accuse me of how bad I am in your opinion. Well done, but you may want to refrain from personal attacks lest you get banned. People say that Bitcoin transaction fees have already made micro-transactions impossible, and it is not my observation (just in case, I'm not involved in these). Anyway, it is thanks to these people which you unreservedly have called pathetic that you can now enjoy the Bitcoin price over 800 dollars. Most likely, without web wallets (and free of charge transactions as a nice bonus), they wouldn't give a fuck about Bitcoin at all. Just don't forget that. You can think of them any way you please, but you don't necessarily need to voice your thoughts...

And if you think that I'm spamming you can always report on me (if you haven't already)

layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 02:42:46 PM

The best bitcoin bank is our own PC and phones. Just make sure to backup your bitcoin money and save the password phrase into safe place.
terrate

Activity: 362
Merit: 100

Newbie in online currency , love learning

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:53:54 PM

Not agree. I love online wallet but not bitcoin bank.

because it will make bitcoin become like real bank, easily control by bankers and government.
btc will lose one of its function, numerous.

Frank Alister

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:47:09 PM

If I can buy bitcoins with no fees and I can cash out with the same way, it will be be a great idea.  And it would be perfect if there were everywhere bitcoin ATMs. I hope that day come soon  Grin
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:27:39 PM

yes i also do not agree with with bitcoin banks. to me i think the online wallet is the best option. online wallet is more easy to access without any delay and is more trusted.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:54:33 PM

yes i also do not agree with with bitcoin banks. to me i think the online wallet is the best option. online wallet is more easy to access without any delay and is more trusted.
yeah a lot of people do not agree with bitcoin bank because people like to use online service of bitcoin and bitcoin online transaction is very much faster than bank so a lot of people using bitcoin in huge amount.
Viakor

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:12:41 PM

I think that a bitcoin bank can be good but it will be less more anonymous and I think due to that a lot of people will be against it.
The fact is also that we not really need it too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: