Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:44:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142236 times)
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 01:00:22 PM

I will strongly disagree on the idea of Bitcoin having a bank. It eliminates the purpose of Bitcoin not being controlled by anyone. Also why will you put Bitcoin in a bank when all its purpose can be done by a Bitcoin wallet? It would result into lack of innovation and critical thinking the result is no one will be willing to put their Bitcoin into a bank.
The present features of bitcoin is already awesome, we are satisfied using it and that resulted to make others adopt in this revolutionary system as well. It's the decentralization that makes it very different from other forms of online payment, bank will will change it and we do not like it to happen.
People trust bank but smart people trust bitcoins, especially those who have something to invest that does not trust the banking system of a specific country.
If bitcoin have banks the output of that would be positive and a negative one. The negative is the transactions would not be anonymously sent and Transactions fee will increase because government will surely put a tax on bitcoin. The positive part is the bitcoin can be legal on a specific state that have bitcoin banks. But for me I didnt like bitcoin bank, I just want to stick to present bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 01:32:02 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2017, 03:06:05 PM by deisik

I will strongly disagree on the idea of Bitcoin having a bank. It eliminates the purpose of Bitcoin not being controlled by anyone. Also why will you put Bitcoin in a bank when all its purpose can be done by a Bitcoin wallet? It would result into lack of innovation and critical thinking the result is no one will be willing to put their Bitcoin into a bank.
The present features of bitcoin is already awesome, we are satisfied using it and that resulted to make others adopt in this revolutionary system as well. It's the decentralization that makes it very different from other forms of online payment, bank will will change it and we do not like it to happen.
People trust bank but smart people trust bitcoins, especially those who have something to invest that does not trust the banking system of a specific country.
If bitcoin have banks the output of that would be positive and a negative one. The negative is the transactions would not be anonymously sent and Transactions fee will increase because government will surely put a tax on bitcoin. The positive part is the bitcoin can be legal on a specific state that have bitcoin banks. But for me I didnt like bitcoin bank, I just want to stick to present bitcoin.

The positive side will not be just that

If the government gets involved with Bitcoin by allowing regular banks to accept Bitcoin and open Bitcoin accounts, this will ignite a new wave of interest toward Bitcoin and likely lead to wider adoption, and, as a result, to higher prices (which is what many of us are looking for). This effect will certainly offset possible negative ones. On the other hand, I see it over and over again that people implicitly assume that they will be forced to use Bitcoin banks. Wake up, guys, no one is going to make you use these banks in the first place. If you are not happy with anything about them, just walk away with "piece" of mind

lilit

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 02:50:23 PM

If the government gets involved with Bitcoin by allowing regular banks to accept Bitcoin and open Bitcoin accounts, this will ignite a new wave of interest toward Bitcoin and likely lead to wider adoption, and, as a result, to higher prices (which is what many of us are looking for). This effect will certainly offset possible negative ones. On the other hand, I see it over and over again that people implicitly assume that they will be forced to use Bitcoin banks. Wake up, guys, no one is going to make you use these banks in the first place. If you are not happy with anything about them, just walk away with piece of mind
What is the difference then between existing banks and those that offer to bitcoin. It will again be a yoke for the people. I do not think it's a good idea and the entire bitcoin attracting potential could be lost.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 03:09:01 PM

If the government gets involved with Bitcoin by allowing regular banks to accept Bitcoin and open Bitcoin accounts, this will ignite a new wave of interest toward Bitcoin and likely lead to wider adoption, and, as a result, to higher prices (which is what many of us are looking for). This effect will certainly offset possible negative ones. On the other hand, I see it over and over again that people implicitly assume that they will be forced to use Bitcoin banks. Wake up, guys, no one is going to make you use these banks in the first place. If you are not happy with anything about them, just walk away with piece of mind
What is the difference then between existing banks and those that offer to bitcoin. It will again be a yoke for the people. I do not think it's a good idea and the entire bitcoin attracting potential could be lost.

What did you not understand in my post?

I specifically emphasized it that "no one is going to make you use these banks in the first place". What part of this sentence didn't come through? Bitcoin is not fiat, and no one can force you to use bank services related to Bitcoin. If you don't like these, just keep on using Bitcoin as your own bank. But let's not take choice from other people, okay?

Isn't that what Bitcoin is basically about, namely, about having a choice?

Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:22:52 PM

Strongly agree with the idea of bitcoin bank since we need bitcoin in our life now, we are now in a modern world where almost people are busy with their businesses, work and family. Time is the most essence and with that we need something called bitcoin bank for us to access or withdraw bitcoin anytime and anywhere with no hassle and time consuming.

wutard

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:33:40 PM

Strongly agree with the idea of bitcoin bank since we need bitcoin in our life now, we are now in a modern world where almost people are busy with their businesses, work and family. Time is the most essence and with that we need something called bitcoin bank for us to access or withdraw bitcoin anytime and anywhere with no hassle and time consuming.
Perhaps the appearance of bitcoin bank, all users will be able to get more and more quality services and opportunities. The truth is I do not understand how it can be implemented without prejudice to the user. After all, this way you can lose your privacy.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:58:38 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2017, 10:38:33 PM by bitllionaire

Perhaps the appearance of bitcoin bank, all users will be able to get more and more quality services and opportunities. The truth is I do not understand how it can be implemented without prejudice to the user. After all, this way you can lose your privacy.
but i do not think that this idea will work too much currently. actually the number of bitcoin users are not as many therefore i do not think that will be a  good decision. and in future i a hopeful that that when government will accept bitcoin then banks will also start accepting bitcoin and may be they start providing online currency.
Rastaman2016

Activity: 247

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:28:18 PM

but i do not think that this idea will work too much currently.
Many users do not what to think about this idea do not want to even talk will not. One word "banks" is already alarming, and it does not matter whether or not bitcoin.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:34:11 PM

I don't think there will be a Bitcoin Bank, but we will definitely see Blockchain banks in the near future.
The idea of bitcoin ATM seems much more interesting to me than the idea about bitcoin Bank. I can easy understand such function of this bank as keeping bitcoins, but I don't see any need of it, because all that kind of wallets that we have already satisfy this needs perfectly.
Sierra82fit

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 05:56:36 PM

I don't think there will be a Bitcoin Bank, but we will definitely see Blockchain banks in the near future.
The idea of bitcoin ATM seems much more interesting to me than the idea about bitcoin Bank. I can easy understand such function of this bank as keeping bitcoins, but I don't see any need of it, because all that kind of wallets that we have already satisfy this needs perfectly.

That's exactly what the whole idea of ​​a bitcoin banks does not show the positive aspects. All meet the personal bitcoin wallets.Especially something that the best quality purses are known to all, and nothing else is needed. Anonymity and confidentiality is paramount.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 06:08:21 PM

That's exactly what the whole idea of ​​a bitcoin banks does not show the positive aspects. All meet the personal bitcoin wallets.Especially something that the best quality purses are known to all, and nothing else is needed. Anonymity and confidentiality is paramount.
While both of those are massively important parts of the Bitcoin economy (and should be a part of the "normal" economy in its own sense), a lot of people are willing to give up those in exchange for relative safety of their investments and potentially even insurance in the event anything goes wrong with what they have stored away.
Lorik

Activity: 233

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 06:27:11 PM

While both of those are massively important parts of the Bitcoin economy (and should be a part of the "normal" economy in its own sense), a lot of people are willing to give up those in exchange for relative safety of their investments and potentially even insurance in the event anything goes wrong with what they have stored away.
Members at all times will be faced with a choice, which is a big risk. I would not trust the new bitcoin was worth the banks, that they do not even have anything to do with real banks.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 05:09:06 AM

Many users do not what to think about this idea do not want to even talk will not. One word "banks" is already alarming, and it does not matter whether or not bitcoin.

How is that even alarming? Banks have been trusted ever since and it's still trusted by most people up to now. I don't think that would be changing any time soon. Without bitcoins, we surely are still trusting banks with all our hearts. Banks are still an essential and a necessary part of the economy most especially for the usability of fiats. Without the banks, you can't even cash out your bitcoins. I wouldn't be so surprised if banks started accepting bitcoins since people are becoming more and more tech savvy nowadays.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 07:35:53 AM

How is that even alarming? Banks have been trusted ever since and it's still trusted by most people up to now. I don't think that would be changing any time soon. Without bitcoins, we surely are still trusting banks with all our hearts. Banks are still an essential and a necessary part of the economy most especially for the usability of fiats. Without the banks, you can't even cash out your bitcoins. I wouldn't be so surprised if banks started accepting bitcoins since people are becoming more and more tech savvy nowadays

It is a matter of personal interest

Some people are complaining that Bitcoin is too techy, so to speak, that is too difficult to understand and use. But people learn how to use their smartphones which is, in my opinion, not a trivial thing altogether. So it all basically comes down to how much interest they might feel toward Bitcoin or any other thing, for that matter. I guess if they were interested enough and properly motivated at that, most folks would easily cope with the Assembly language as well as differential calculus (and some even with integral one)

Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 08:26:52 AM

How is that even alarming? Banks have been trusted ever since and it's still trusted by most people up to now. I don't think that would be changing any time soon. Without bitcoins, we surely are still trusting banks with all our hearts. Banks are still an essential and a necessary part of the economy most especially for the usability of fiats. Without the banks, you can't even cash out your bitcoins. I wouldn't be so surprised if banks started accepting bitcoins since people are becoming more and more tech savvy nowadays.
I dont know what he mean about that word "alarming" since banks are already here for a long time and been trusted all over the years with our fiat money. I do strongly believe that bitcoin bank would be very impossible i guess because no one would really use it for sure since we do have web wallets and hard wallets on our own.Theres no need to put it to banks.

rozee
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 08:59:28 AM

in my opinion bitcoin bank is not good idea because not all people know about bitcoin and know how to use it
and i think it will susceptible with hack its need high level security and the other reason is i think the fees will very big to withdraw, atm service etc its only my opinion for now bitcoin atm is enough no need bitcoin bank Smiley
TastyChillySauce00
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 09:19:57 AM

Definitely, while ATM can contribute to the easiness and a way to buy bitcoin. The bitcoin bank if it's going to be realised just exist there against the bitcoin's decentralised system and I think that majority people will choose not to use it. Though, if bitcoin bank can offer their client about the security of their funds, it may be a good idea, but it's still making things centralised and I guess this offer may be impossible.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 09:35:15 AM

Decentralized currency > centralized bank currency.

Smiley
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 09:55:56 AM

As such there is not requirement of Bitcoin banks , as there are many wallets in which you can store them .
But in the near future if the prices / value of bitcoin keeps on increase and the amount of people increases as well,
then there will be a need of bitcoin bank.
There are hundreds of wallets in which you can store your Bitcoins.
Its just that do not keep all you money in one wallet .
Equally distribute it among various wallets.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Sosaso75

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 10:06:53 AM

What a great idea....people all over the world are waiting for this kind of service. Afterwards put bitcoin ATM's all over the place..done!

I am NOT superstitious,but I am a little stitious !
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: