Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:50:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142236 times)
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:22:09 AM

I think this bitcoin bank will be a good idea for long term basis because if we have a bank then it will be an attractive idea to save bitcoin and like the traditional banks of fiat, we can use those stored bitcoins to give loans to other and also get interests with our deposits. I hope this bitcoin bank idea will be establish in the future Grin.

I don't think so, Decentralization is one of the best assets of Bitcoin and if we do something like that there will come a time that decentralization may be gone. I don't want any banks holding up my money, it is not that much but I don't really need someone holding my money.

me also , it doesn't seem appropriate if bitcoin will be somewhat like banks , we will still want the way it is now that we can access it easily ,and make it sure that its secured.
Bitcoin will lose a lot of advantages when only appear bitcoin bank. He will be forced to work and cooperate with the state and its institutions. So I do not think that bitcoin bank idea is good enough.
I guess you have to define what bitcoin bank is first, bank is always good as it will protect the deposits of the people. If this bank will require us to give our real information before opening an account, I guess there is no difference with real bank in the physical world.
Bitcoin bank is something that will serve us anytime and most likely it is just a bitcoin wallet provider or exchanges similar to what we are using now.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:24:25 AM

I think this bitcoin bank will be a good idea for long term basis because if we have a bank then it will be an attractive idea to save bitcoin and like the traditional banks of fiat, we can use those stored bitcoins to give loans to other and also get interests with our deposits. I hope this bitcoin bank idea will be establish in the future Grin.

I don't think so, Decentralization is one of the best assets of Bitcoin and if we do something like that there will come a time that decentralization may be gone. I don't want any banks holding up my money, it is not that much but I don't really need someone holding my money.

me also , it doesn't seem appropriate if bitcoin will be somewhat like banks , we will still want the way it is now that we can access it easily ,and make it sure that its secured.
Bitcoin will lose a lot of advantages when only appear bitcoin bank. He will be forced to work and cooperate with the state and its institutions. So I do not think that bitcoin bank idea is good enough.
I opted for the need of bitcoin bank. As stated above it comes under some central authority which should not happen. I expect a bank similar to a support center, because only through that its possible to reach the public who lack in technology. If the entire public starts using bitcoin then only we can get into mainstream usage which is a must one for future growth.
00hash01

Activity: 114
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:36:09 AM

I opted for the need of bitcoin bank. As stated above it comes under some central authority which should not happen. I expect a bank similar to a support center, because only through that its possible to reach the public who lack in technology. If the entire public starts using bitcoin then only we can get into mainstream usage which is a must one for future growth.
If bitcoin bank will have more and legal obligations, the user will be very handy. But it is not clear whether such an opportunity to borrow or to lay down deposits in bitcoin bank. How bitcoin bank will be different from ordinary banks.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:42:10 AM

if there is any bitcoin bank is available, then i think the system will not the same as traditional bank that we know, because bitcoin itself have different technology with the bank, so if the government or anyone wants to create bitcoin bank, i think they need to learn about blockchain technology and they need to apply or integrated with the bank system so maybe we can see that bitcoin bank will work good.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:13:47 AM

yeah because with the bitcoin bank then things like anonymous and decentralization where it is the most important thing in bitcoin will be lost? but it is up to each user their own to use it or not
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:26:45 AM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.
Since most of the my friends are saying g that it I'd not a good idea . Because idea of bitcoin bank will steal the job of many bitcoin traders who are making only buy and sell of bitcoin  only .
But in my opinion it is a good idea because through these we can make  deals with much ease and also it will be good thing for newbie to make deals with bitcoin .
MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 09:59:17 AM

Once dealt with the real banks and their system, you will not want to trust anyone else. What will be different "bitcoin bank" from those that now is not clear. Perhaps the word "bank" is alarming, but still, the financiers are special people. Still, what currency they celebrate.
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:27:55 AM

True, when the existence of the bitcoin bank then many rules applied. Bitcoin looks like fiat money that cannot be used freely. After the bitcoin bank applied all wallet should verify with the original identity. It is dangerous because it will make the user go.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 01:31:25 PM

True, when the existence of the bitcoin bank then many rules applied. Bitcoin looks like fiat money that cannot be used freely. After the bitcoin bank applied all wallet should verify with the original identity. It is dangerous because it will make the user go.

It doesn't matter what rules you are subject to. In case of you making use of a wallet service that happens to call itself a Bitcoin bank, and they prevent you from sending coins to a certain service or entity (like regular banks do in some cases), then it's clear that you immediately should withdraw your coins and ditch that service for ever. Other thing is that (which is also the case with coins you withdraw from exchanges) they "mark" your coins with your own personal information. If they want, they can follow where you are spending your coins, to what other addresses you send your coins to, whether or not you are gambling, etc. It's precious information that is worth a lot money. That's why it's important to mix your coins before you send them to your cold wallets, or when you just spend them.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 01:50:08 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 02:54:52 PM by geopolisch

Decentralization is one of the best assets of Bitcoin and if we do something like that there will come a time that decentralization may be gone. I don't want any banks holding up my money, it is not that much but I don't really need someone holding my money.
True, the whole idea of using bitcoin is controlling your own money and being your own bank, and making a bank for bitcoin is really a waste of resources, why bother putting your money in a bank when you deposit it for free on an online wallet.

If people want to make something good for cryptocurrencies that have to start with making it a payment method that is better.
Bibite

Activity: 187

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:08:40 PM

The ideology of Bitcoin and other altcoins is to no be dependent of the banks and theirs regulations. So a bank dealing with bitcoin is giving them the freedom Bitcoin promote. A bank 100% bitcoin yes why not, depending who is behind this bank. Banks won't change their mind and their behavior for the benefits of their customers. And this days banks are really good to hide their ass behind others companies. When you see they are able to invent some big scheme, creating a dozen of companies to hide their activities, it could be very hard to trust a 100% bitcoin bank
bitgoldpanther1978

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:28:08 PM

Do this bitcoin bank will work the same as an ordinary one? Well, I don't see the sense in this idea. To create something new and separated, all that will ask costs. better would be an ordinary bank would start to work with bitcoin. That seems me much more easy.
I'm not actually favor in bitcoin bank. The real essence of bitcoin will become useless, Why would I agree with bitcoin bank, if someone agree on this thing, in my assessment He/She is not a real bitcoin enthusiast anymore. In fact, no reason for me to do that because bitcoin is decentralized, while bitcoin bank is centralized. Why would I give my bitcoin in the bank, if I can manage manage my own BTC.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:29:28 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2017, 03:10:24 PM by Hydrogen

Banks centralize currency and economic policy to make it easier for them to cater unfairly to the self interests of the wealthy.

Decentralized currency and economic policy in terms of crypto, do better in terms of equality and not showing favortism of one demographic over another.

In the '1600s, separation of church and state was a dire and pressing issue.

In 2017, separation of bank and state as well as greater separation of corporation and state may be issues in need of support.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:34:59 PM

Do this bitcoin bank will work the same as an ordinary one? Well, I don't see the sense in this idea. To create something new and separated, all that will ask costs. better would be an ordinary bank would start to work with bitcoin. That seems me much more easy.
I'm not actually favor in bitcoin bank. The real essence of bitcoin will become useless, Why would I agree with bitcoin bank, if someone agree on this thing, in my assessment He/She is not a real bitcoin enthusiast anymore. In fact, no reason for me to do that because bitcoin is decentralized, while bitcoin bank is centralized. Why would I give my bitcoin in the bank, if I can manage manage my own BTC.

I will agree with this only if bitcoin reaches the peak to where it should really be.
But I suppose they are thinking about something else here.
Bitcoin bank but not like banks "bank" which we store fiat. It will be more like a website wallet with different features.
I am having a hard time to explain it but that is one that I am thinking. It is really different. Maybe we will see more about this when someone created the project and presents it.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:36:39 PM

I found it dangerous to deposit my bitcoin in a bank. Even exchanges securities are not safe from hackers, I'd rather keep it in my cold storage than moving my funds to banks. I am contented with the price movement and I think that's enough interest to me.

I think it's a long way to go before the realization of this bitcoin banks. Most of the first ones to open might need to be improved first before it can be entrusted with our bitcoin.

I don't undersatnd why anyone needs a Bitcoin bank and I can't see how a bank would hold BTC. I mean how it's different from an online wallet for example? IMO Bitcoin bank is like an online wallet but only worse in many aspects.
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:18:21 PM

I do not support bitcoin bank. This is the same as the current banks. No need to change the flea. I think bitcoin users understand what is negative in bitcoin bank.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:22:46 PM

I do not support bitcoin bank. This is the same as the current banks. No need to change the flea. I think bitcoin users understand what is negative in bitcoin bank.
I think bitcoin bank and indeed contradictory. but, I guess I would agree if it was for the development of bitcoin. I think with the bitcoin bank, then trust the people and government of the bitcoin will be higher.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:06:34 PM

Just browse through this thread and you'll see how many people find a "Bitcoin bank" a good addition. They either don't care about about the decentralized aspect of Bitcoin, or they simply don't know what it means. I think the latter plays an important role. Especially when they have the impression that they can gain interest over their coins as benefit. Financial compensation is a big thing for them. Big enough to make them not care about what features they sacrifice.
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:27:13 PM

Just browse through this thread and you'll see how many people find a "Bitcoin bank" a good addition. They either don't care about about the decentralized aspect of Bitcoin, or they simply don't know what it means. I think the latter plays an important role. Especially when they have the impression that they can gain interest over their coins as benefit. Financial compensation is a big thing for them. Big enough to make them not care about what features they sacrifice.

exactly, our wallets alone can do the task as bank. It allows us to monitored our bitcoin and investments , we don't need a bank who requires a lot of fill up forms get or transacting. In ticking it is just one click away.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 11:25:28 PM

I think bitcoin bank and indeed contradictory. but, I guess I would agree if it was for the development of bitcoin. I think with the bitcoin bank, then trust the people and government of the bitcoin will be higher.
yeah i think with their bitcoin bank. it can give a little positive feedback to the government that bitcoin users can be controlled by using a bank?
maybe the government could consider legalization
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: