Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:13:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142235 times)
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:36:19 AM

I do not support bitcoin bank. This is the same as the current banks. No need to change the flea. I think bitcoin users understand what is negative in bitcoin bank.
I think bitcoin bank and indeed contradictory. but, I guess I would agree if it was for the development of bitcoin. I think with the bitcoin bank, then trust the people and government of the bitcoin will be higher.
yeah i think with their bitcoin bank. it can give a little positive feedback to the government that bitcoin users can be controlled by using a bank?
maybe the government could consider legalization
In what particular aspect of bitcoin? Legalization means we will be adopting to the system of the government and they will regulate bitcoin for sure. Bitcoin was created to give us freedom from the control of the government but if we will let them dictate us on what to do then it will defeat the purpose of bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 11:20:47 AM

I do not support bitcoin bank. This is the same as the current banks. No need to change the flea. I think bitcoin users understand what is negative in bitcoin bank.

Just browse through this thread and you'll see how many people find a "Bitcoin bank" a good addition. They either don't care about about the decentralized aspect of Bitcoin, or they simply don't know what it means. I think the latter plays an important role. Especially when they have the impression that they can gain interest over their coins as benefit. Financial compensation is a big thing for them. Big enough to make them not care about what features they sacrifice

And what features do they sacrifice exactly?

To actually "sacrifice" something, you should first value it highly. If you don't value something (i.e. it is of no use to you), you basically don't care if you have it or not. In any case, if you are not happy with this kind of "centralization", you can stay away from, but don't tell other people what to do (and what not to do). Other than that, folks seem not to notice the real culprit beyond all these mostly idle and futile talks about Bitcoin banking, i.e. the already existing heavy centralization in Bitcoin mining. This is what really matters for the future of Bitcoin, not some obscure Bitcoin banks

Adelajda

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 01:58:13 PM

I think bitcoin bank and indeed contradictory. but, I guess I would agree if it was for the development of bitcoin. I think with the bitcoin bank, then trust the people and government of the bitcoin will be higher.
The question should be why would a government or a bank start accepting bitcoin when you have so many options to convert your coins and if you are looking to keep your coins safe in a bank then i must call them the most foolish people on earth as bitcoin is created to have control over what you own and not a third party and now people wanted to save everything in the hands of a third party.  Roll Eyes
greatr

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:42:42 PM

yeah i think with their bitcoin bank. it can give a little positive feedback to the government that bitcoin users can be controlled by using a bank?
honestly if bitcoins will be accepted by banks i think that there will be more acceptance by government as well what will lead to stronger regulations and more centralization what will not have a good impact on bitcoin overall, I'm not too scared of that because i don't have tons of it but still if we want only the best for this currency we shouldn't allow bitcoin banks to pop up.
requester

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:48:19 PM

when satoshi had given you opportunity to control your own money so why you need 3rd party in between. we have full control of our own money so why should we take risk of handing oover our money to some 3rd party.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:48:20 PM

Just browse through this thread and you'll see how many people find a "Bitcoin bank" a good addition. They either don't care about about the decentralized aspect of Bitcoin, or they simply don't know what it means. I think the latter plays an important role. Especially when they have the impression that they can gain interest over their coins as benefit. Financial compensation is a big thing for them. Big enough to make them not care about what features they sacrifice

And what features do they sacrifice exactly?

To actually "sacrifice" something, you should first value it highly. If you don't value something (i.e. it is of no use to you), you basically don't care if you have it or not. In any case, if you are not happy with this kind of "centralization", you can stay away from, but don't tell other people what to do (and what not to do). Other than that, folks seem not to notice the real culprit beyond all these mostly idle and futile talks about Bitcoin banking, i.e. the already existing heavy centralization in Bitcoin mining. This is what really matters for the future of Bitcoin, not some obscure Bitcoin banks

People praise the fact that Bitcoin allows them to send and receive transactions without third-party interference and that they finally own their value, but they are totally OK with making use of such a service. The decentralized aspect of Bitcoin clearly has value for them, but they seem to put it down like it's nothing. What does that say? People here just care about what they can gain in the financial meaning of the term, and thus they will discard their values.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:50:39 PM

Having a Bitcoin bank has some positive effects, but it would contain many side-effects as well. Having a bank for it, will promote it largely and many new users who are safe players might want to test it. But it might loose its independence and many features due to regulations of the bank and the government. Personally I won't like to handover my BTC to 3rd Party.
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:35:56 PM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.

That's true Mr. Hero rank Smiley
 Even me I don't see the essence of bitcoin bank in this industry. But there are few people's here are using coinbase, xapo and circle huh.
majority of the bitcoin bank are the same with the system of the government in each country.
nillohit

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

***crypto trader***

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:54:12 PM

Bitcoin is 100% opposite of Bank

П    |⧛ ☛  Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         ☛  PiCoin - get in now  ✅     ☛ No ICO!  ✅          |⧛
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 07:25:30 PM

Bitcoin is 100% opposite of Bank

Gold in some regards too. You don't need a bank to store nuggets or exchanging them for goods & trades.
But banks are heavily engaged into the gold markets. Seemingly that's not so contradictorily.

Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 07:28:46 PM

bitcoin do not need any bank because we can secure our bitcoin and bitcoin has already a stable system to mange your bitcoin and i think bitcoin is much more safe and secure than bank and bitcoin is a digital currency and bank is just mange your fiat currency.
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 07:50:47 PM

ut to me i think the bitcoin users still do not need for any bitcoin bank as hey are good with online wallets or desktop wallets and they even do not want to fell in previous banks issues because for bitcoin wallet we do not need to visit any bank to visit and we can use our wallet while settig in our house.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:47:41 PM

I don't agree to the idea of bitcoin bank because we already have bank and that is our wallet. We don't need that kind of progress because that will become a vulnerable thing for big people or powerful peolpe to control the bitcoins that are deposited in that bitcoin bank, In my opinion our wallet is enough for storing bitcoin because we can make sure that our wallet is safe and no one is controliing unlike in bitcoin bank that anything can happen.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:15:47 PM

Yes I agree to the idea of bitcoin bank because it's like fiat money bank concept with more secured protection for for your bitcoin savings or storage. If this will be implemented in the future, it would bring good benefit to the most users of bitcoin as they feel comfortable wherever storing of bitcoin worrying nothing. Bank is very important for your money so we must hope for it and must have positive expectations, on what it may bring to our lives in digital currency.
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:58:22 PM

In what particular aspect of bitcoin? Legalization means we will be adopting to the system of the government and they will regulate bitcoin for sure. Bitcoin was created to give us freedom from the control of the government but if we will let them dictate us on what to do then it will defeat the purpose of bitcoin.
That's correct, I agreed bitcoin became a gateway or open door for us to be free in terms of financials aspects and freedom to manage our own bitcoin savings because of its unique features which is decentralization.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:02:11 PM

when satoshi had given you opportunity to control your own money so why you need 3rd party in between. we have full control of our own money so why should we take risk of handing oover our money to some 3rd party.

That is right! What do you think Satoshi Nakamoto would feel if the decentralized bitcoin that he or they made is being changed. He wants or they want to control our money, no need for banks.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Zaun

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Forza Roma

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:03:46 PM

A bitcoin bank is not what we need. In think the current online wallets like blockchain.info and coindesk server this cause.
Bitcoin is meant to be decentralized, and so it should be.
Wesimon

Activity: 406

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:15:25 PM

Why would I use bank for my bitcoins? I also think that this idea is stupid, and I don`t know how banks are planning to get into bitcoin community. That will be tricky for them, what can they offer to me (or us) to open bitcoin wallet in some bank, pay monthly account maintenance, what can they do for me, that I can`t do myself?
Only one thing fall on my mind and that is high saving rate. I opened some saving calculator and for example best bank in my country offer if I save in my currency 1 000 000 dinars for one year (that is 9 000 dollars) I can earn 90 000 dinars (850 dollars).
If I save in foreign currency, for example dollars, 10 000 dollars for one year will bring me 396 dollars. Which is joke, so how big interest they can offer for bitcoin to I be attracted to save my bitcoins in some bank?

Banks offers only a small amount interest for our investments. Where the fact is the value of Bitcoin is inflating and will go even higher in the future, we don't need to use bank in order save our bitcoins. We can just hold it and then use it whenever we want. Imagine the processes that we need to go through in every bank transaction.  Grin

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:41:47 PM

A bitcoin bank is not what we need. In think the current online wallets like blockchain.info and coindesk server this cause.
Bitcoin is meant to be decentralized, and so it should be.
yeah, basically, we do not really need bitcoin bank. because we still have a wallet. where the wallet is much safer, freer, and better than bitcoin bank. so I think bitcoin bank will not be too necessary
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:42:46 PM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.

I'm a little bit kind of confused actually, what do you mean by Bitcoin bank? Is it the same as traditional bank that we had in the community in the private sectors? is that what your trying to intend here? Thank you very much
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: