Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:12:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?  (Read 30153 times)
manbitcoinlover

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 01:25:52 PM

the votes not going to change lol. The popular vote excuse is despicable.  Either abolish the system and create a new one beforehand, or abide by the current system and respect your result. Either way you are most likely getting trash, unless Trump does something miraculous.

Looking for Signature Campaign, PM ME!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 02:34:49 PM

There are several articles on the internet that are suggesting that the recent increases in price can be attributed to Trump winning and even before the win, the fact that he had a chance to win boosted the price. Even fortune.com has an article about it.

It's interesting how everyone assigns this great power to the Executive Office of the President when that power was intentionally limited by the original design. As far as foreign power is concerned, think of the president as the receptionist of America. Foreign dignitaries meet with the receptionist and determine where the company stands on issues.

Also, the receptionist is paid by the company (American government) to be available and man the phones (run the military) all the time. If an emergency call comes in requiring an immediate decision (defending America and waging war) the receptionist can make the decision and take action. However, the Board of Directors (Congress) must be presented with the reason for the decision within 48 hours and agree (ratify) with that decision or it's reversed within 60 days. If the receptionist gets stupid and makes a really bad decision the board can fire her (impeach).

Here's what's happening to the price of Bitcoin and it has nothing to do with Americas future receptionist.

http://bitcoin-daytrading.com/bitcoin-price-chinese-buyers-increasing/

https://cointelegraph.com/news/china-imposes-new-capital-controls-bitcoin-price-optimistic

https://news.bitcoin.com/china-bitcoin-capital-flight-fintech/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-27/bitcoin-surges-2016-highs-rising-chinese-demand-decouples-gold

BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2016, 02:47:35 PM

There are several articles on the internet that are suggesting that the recent increases in price can be attributed to Trump winning and even before the win, the fact that he had a chance to win boosted the price. Even fortune.com has an article about it.

people assign bitcoin price changes to many strange things, and nobody can tell for sure if it was really true or not in reality. but i am only confident about one thing, and that is the fact that when people are starting to talk about an incident and keep saying that is going to affect bitcoin price (in any ways) then than incident will surely affect bitcoin price in the way there were talking about.

--looking for signature--
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 02:52:17 PM

Also, the receptionist is paid by the company (American government) to be available and man the phones (run the military) all the time. If an emergency call comes in requiring an immediate decision (defending America and waging war) the receptionist can make the decision and take action. However, the Board of Directors (Congress) must be presented with the reason for the decision within 48 hours and agree (ratify) with that decision or it's reversed within 60 days. If the receptionist gets stupid and makes a really bad decision the board can fire her (impeach).

In my view, your receptionist has too much power and authority for a simple receptionist. And if she gets too stupid and makes a really bad decision, the board may not be able to fire her because there may be no one alive on that board any more. It seems that the board of directors should be more picky about whom they appoint to the office of the receptionist.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:00:35 PM

In my view, your receptionist has too much power and authority for a simple receptionist. And if she gets too stupid and makes a really bad decision, the board may not be able to fire her because there may be no one alive on that board any more. It seems that the board of directors should be more picky about whom they appoint to the office of the receptionist.

There's no doubt about that but we're talking about a really, really big company that manufactures seriously dangerous toys.

The receptionist at my company (before I retired) almost sent me into bankruptcy because of a bad decision that ended me up in a lawsuit. But at least she couldn't kill me even though I wanted to kill her.

tee-rex

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:14:37 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2016, 03:43:16 PM by tee-rex

There's no doubt about that but we're talking about a really, really big company that manufactures seriously dangerous toys.

The receptionist at my company (before I retired) almost sent me into bankruptcy because of a bad decision that ended me up in a lawsuit. But at least she couldn't kill me even though I wanted to kill her.

That receptionist might be not as simple as you would like us to think of her if she almost sent you into bankruptcy. What bad decision could she ever make that ended you up in a lawsuit provided that decision was not a charge filed against you for sexual harassment, of course. Though we can understand why you wanted to kill her if that was the case as well as why you retired.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:46:27 PM

That receptionist might be not as simple as you would like us all to think of her if she almost sent you into bankruptcy. What bad decision could she ever make that ended you up in a lawsuit provided that decision was not a charge filed against you for sexual harassment, of course. Though we can understand why you wanted to kill her if that was the case.

I authorized her to buy 200 units of a rental machine to spread among my 6 stores. She ordered 2000 units and the company manufactured them before I could stop them. I got myself out of it with a settlement but she still cost me. I didn't really want to kill her but would have liked to take every possession she owned and will ever own away from her for the rest of her life because that's almost what she did to me.

The president is the same way with the people he represents. One stupid move can screw the economy so badly (like the bank and auto manufacturers bailouts) that the decision can take money, food, possessions away from the people for decades.

I don't think the president has the ability to dictate or control the economy of foreign countries so much that it effects the price of Bitcoin. The Chinese are changing the price of Bitcoin not the future POTUS.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 09:18:51 PM

Crazy isn't it! One little zero on a signed requisition form turned a $200,000 purchase into a 2 million dollar purchase.

tee-rex

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 09:42:44 AM

Crazy isn't it! One little zero on a signed requisition form turned a $200,000 purchase into a 2 million dollar purchase.

And who signed it? If it was you why didn't you read before signing the agreement? Usually people pay particular attention and double check the figures trying to avoid such and similar issues. Or did you trust your receptionist so much that you left her a blank sheet with just your signature on it? I've seen a few such cases and even have one such sheet with a lonely signature of my previous boss on it.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 01:47:41 PM

And who signed it? If it was you why didn't you read before signing the agreement? Usually people pay particular attention and double check the figures trying to avoid such and similar issues. Or did you trust your receptionist so much that you left her a blank sheet with just your signature on it? I've seen a few such cases and even have one such sheet with a lonely signature of my previous boss on it.

She did all the purchasing for years and the company she ordered from knew it. The company knew we had never placed an order that large and should have confirmed it before manufacture. That was my attorneys argument in negotiations. They argued that one of my competitors routinely placed orders that size and they had no way of knowing our business had not expanded. One time, I had a fleet of trailers that were due to be retread (new tires). My maintenance supervisor was given a large discount for doubling the order. That was only an additional $25k and it would have saved money in 4 years or so but I still fired him.

The point is, employees have the ability to make a company successful or drive it into the ground. The POTUS is just an employee of the people and given a job to do. If he does it well the country is sucessful. If he makes mistakes the country is screwed. Obama signed the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 and cost his company (America) $500 billion dollars.

Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 01:49:35 PM

It means:
http://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-713227.html
tee-rex

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:11:17 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2016, 02:22:39 PM by tee-rex

She did all the purchasing for years and the company she ordered from knew it. The company knew we had never placed an order that large and should have confirmed it before manufacture. That was my attorneys argument in negotiations. They argued that one of my competitors routinely placed orders that size and they had no way of knowing our business had not expanded. One time, I had a fleet of trailers that were due to be retread (new tires). My maintenance supervisor was given a large discount for doubling the order. That was only an additional $25k and it would have saved money in 4 years or so but I still fired him.

Isn't it a somewhat unusual job for someone whom you loosely called a "receptionist"? Or were you making your emploees do various jobs that they were not quite qualified for? Many small entrepreneurs are like that.

The point is, employees have the ability to make a company successful or drive it into the ground. The POTUS is just an employee of the people and given a job to do. If he does it well the country is sucessful. If he makes mistakes the country is screwed. Obama signed the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 and cost his company (America) $500 billion dollars.

I have to disagree with this point of view. Being selected to power is not the same as being hired because you can't hire someone to bear the responsibility which remains on you.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:31:04 PM

Unfortunately, many small businesses use the people they have because they can't afford to hire more qualified people.

The responsibility for government is on the people. However, it's impractical to have a vote on every issue so you delegate the responsibility (as most businesses do with their employees). The only option left is to hire someone qualified (the president), pay him $400,000 a year and hope he doesn't fuck everything up.

Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:39:03 PM

Bitcoin might have a rough time with Trump around.

Already the Dollar is soaring and the Yuan is crashing.

If this continues then it does not bode well for Bitcoin because most demand is coming from China.

tee-rex

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:57:37 PM

Unfortunately, many small businesses use the people they have because they can't afford to hire more qualified people.

I understand you, but, on the other hand, you can't demand much from them either, certainly not something like you wanting "to take every possession she owned". As I said, I know how you feel about it, you give people work and that kind of thing, but it still doesn't justify your attitude. You basically get what you pay for, and in the end you can blame only yourself.

The responsibility for government is on the people. However, it's impractical to have a vote on every issue so you delegate the responsibility (as most businesses do with their employees). The only option left is to hire someone qualified (the president), pay him $400,000 a year and hope he doesn't fuck everything up.

This is the point that you seem to be missing. You can't possibly delegate responsibility since it is not something which can be delegated. Your responsibility will always remain yours. It doesn't mean the president can be irresponsible, but he is not hired in the first place.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 03:11:03 PM

I understand you, but, on the other hand, you can't demand much from them either, certainly not something like you wanting "to take every possession she owned". As I said, I know how you feel about it, you give people work and that kind of thing, but it still doesn't justify your attitude. You basically get what you pay for, and in the end you can blame only yourself.

This is the point that you seem to be missing. You can't possibly delegate responsibility since it is not something which can be delegated. Your responsibility will always remain yours. It doesn't mean the president can be irresponsible, but he is not hired in the first place.

I hear you and you're right with one minor change, you shouldn't delegate responsibility and always expect a favorable outcome. Unfortunately, deligation is a necessary evil with even the best government design. Someone has to do the day to day chores of operating the country and it cannot be the people because nothing would get done and they are ultimately unqualified.

doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 03:01:56 PM

Nice article which covers the topics Trump and Bitcoin and was published on Fortune.com four days ago.

Bitcoin Is Expected to Surge 165% Thanks to Donald Trump

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:33:50 PM

This is an interesting question, but it is a bit hard at this moment trying to predict the potential effect of his expected protectionist policies in the bitcoin behavior.

It is undoubted that there is a great expectation around the world to know his first policies in the financial and commercial fields, although it is well known that the price of bitcoin has usually remained detached from the general fundamentals of the global economy.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:38:17 PM

I think Tump means nothing to bitcoin. Nothing changed from election and bitcoin seems moving forward by it's own way. The one thing that Trump really can make to bitcoin is to make it elligle in the Unated States, to banks, shops accept it as any other fiat.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 06:42:20 AM

As a businessman. I think bitcoin can be mean for Trump. Not also for Trump but also for the economy. I expect in his management bitcoin will be more on exposure. But for me, even Trump dont support blockchain technology. Bitcoin will keep on rising since many people understand and starting to adopt this kind of currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: