Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:52:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?  (Read 30153 times)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 12:39:21 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2017, 12:53:28 AM by kiklo

It's about time self righteous Americans get what they deserve. Their Jesus isn't going to save them from Trump. I can't believe Americans are so ignorant they would elect Trump POTUS.

He said he's for the working class but has 3500 lawsuits for not paying his workers. Amerifoons. The great buffoons of the world.

Hmm,

What country are you in ?
You seem incredibly jealous of the US and Trump.

Cool

FYI:
Since you keep mentioning Jesus.
You might want to look at one of his teachings.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andremd3

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 12:40:23 AM

We elected Bush Jr twice (well once....). Never underestimate our stupidity.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:21:06 AM

We elected Bush Jr twice (well once....). Never underestimate our stupidity.

Good point.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:21:52 AM

It's about time self righteous Americans get what they deserve. Their Jesus isn't going to save them from Trump. I can't believe Americans are so ignorant they would elect Trump POTUS.

He said he's for the working class but has 3500 lawsuits for not paying his workers. Amerifoons. The great buffoons of the world.

Hmm,

What country are you in ?
You seem incredibly jealous of the US and Trump.

Cool

FYI:
Since you keep mentioning Jesus.
You might want to look at one of his teachings.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

I'm not from the USA. I live in San Francisco. LOL

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:47:18 AM

LOL, so that is what is wrong with you.  Wink

Don't forget to sign your petition to begin your secession.  Cheesy
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/27/california-succession-movement-starts-gathering-petition-signatures.html

Cool
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 02:53:26 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2017, 03:42:59 PM by deisik

So, what if  Trump bans Bitcoin in the USA? i.e. to avoid capital flight  or to "fight terorrism"

Could the CIA or the FBI or NSA (i don't know)  track your tx id to your ip? is that possible?

What could be the american people response?

i think it will not stopped bitcoin for being use in USA and i am sure that people in the USA will find and use another way to use bitcoin. i am agree with fight terrorism but i hope that trump is not going to judged that every bitcoin user is involve with terrorism because we don't know who is the real terrorism and who is not. maybe cia or fbi or nsa can track our tx id to our ip because they have source to do that but as long as we don't do any illegal activities, i am sure that we'll be fine and safe.

I'm fully agreed with this, i hope that he would no extrapolate bitcoin users as a terrorists like he did with muslim refugees. Not every muslim is a terrorist, not every bitcoiner has bad intentions.

Trump is not stupid, he won't ban bitcoin, his financial cheif is bitcoiner, he will embrace bitcoin payment and blockchain innovation. In the next 4 years, he will make bitcoin great in the world.

Not sure about the "embracing bitcoin payment", banks would'nt let that happenthat easy

Trump: Make America Hate Again

Trump needs Bitcoin. To become dictator he's going to need to overthrow the FED.

He doesn't need Bitcoin for that

It will suffice to burn Congress and shoot down McCain (or wait until he kicks the bucket on his own). After all, it is the Congress that established the Fed and the same (well, not literally the same) Congress is required to dissolve it. In this manner, his primary target is not the Fed itself but Congress. After he burns it (or whatever), he will be completely off the leash. Basically, one of the first things Putin did when he came to power was taking over the Federal Assembly of Russia (Russian parliament), which at the time was mostly communistic and had almost impeached Yeltsin

Moscow calling (folks are watching, monkeys are listening)...

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:05:31 PM

USD is going up, at least for 1-1,5 year i believe, some of Trump ideas are good for US economy for a start, but in the long run they are not viable, its 2017 not 1980. So i think after the first period BTC will rise big.
I think bitcoin will keep rising not just after a while. You think trump is doing something nice for american economy and you maybe right but the crisis is not relevant to good business. It is about public. Stock prices do not go up because the business goes well, no stock prices goes up because more people wants to buy than sell.

So, in short if people are not happy with Trump that means good things for bitcoin. As long as Trump is disliked (which it seems that way) than bitcoin prices will go up.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:17:36 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2017, 02:41:49 PM by e-coinomist

Baba Vanga

She is called the Nostradamus of the Balkans, and with good reason. Baba Vanga, the blind Bulgarian clairvoyant, who died 20 years ago, is believed to have predicted the rise of the ISIS, the fall of the twin towers, the 2004 Tsunami, and the global warming, among a host of other events.  

Predictions

Barack Obama will be the last president of the US: Baba Vanga had predicted that the 44th US president would be an African American, but she had also added that he would be the last one. According to her, he would leave office at a time when the country would be in economic ruins, and there would be a huge divide between the northern and southern states – as was the case during the American Civil War.

China will become the new super power: As per her predictions, China is set to become the new superpower in 2018, bringing an end to the United States and its economy. According to her, the exploiters (the developed nations) will become the exploited (the third world). In 2011, the International Monetary Fund had also predicted that China’s economy will overtake that of the US in 2016, emerging as the new superpower. A new money will lead them to power. Bitcoin maybe?

Strike 1,
Even if the US did crumble, which it won't for the next 4 years.
Trump would be considered the last President of the US, so she is already batting zero on that one.

So forgive me, if I doubt her,
did she predict any winning lottery numbers, it would give her more credibility if she did?  

Cool

How could I take anybody serious sounding similar to Бaбa-ягa (read: Baba Yaga) lodging in the forests in a hut standing on chicken legs?!
That name rings a bell, seems carefully crafted to fit along supernatural beeings from russian folklore.

There is no withcraft needed to foresee China as the next rising super power. Many people living there, more or less completely united *), now add some technology archivements, done!

I am valueing Obama higher with each day propelling.

*) compare with The Divided States of America. Almost torn in halves now.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:37:27 PM

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/27/california-succession-movement-starts-gathering-petition-signatures.html

Cool

Californians are definitely unique.  Grin

I'm actually a big supporter of succession.

DomainMagnate

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 07:47:15 PM

Since the election of Trump to the new US President yesterday, many questions about Bitcoin arise.

Will he promote Bitcoin and make it a breakthrough? Will he even officially ban Bitcoin? Will he make such a bad economic (and monetary) policy that Bitcoin will be seen as an alternative for many?

What do you think, what will a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?
I don't think Trump will promote bitcoin and thus weaken the dominance of bitcoin and giving Chinese an advantage given their dominance in bitcoin mining.Any recognition by US govrenment to bitcoin will give boost to Chinese bitcoin industry.
Trump will also not dare to ban bitcoin as he knows his such move will only win him more haters and no ban will be effective.
I believe like his predecessor,Trump will also maintain status quo on bitcoin.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 08:13:37 PM

AN ANTI-TRUMP RESISTANCE MOVEMENT IS GROWING WITHIN THE U.S. GOVERNMENT

One Justice Department employee told the Post, “You’re going to see the bureaucrats using time to their advantage,” and added that “people here will resist and push back against orders they find unconscionable,” by whistle-blowing, leaking to the press, and lodging internal complaints. Others are staying in contact with officials appointed by President Obama to learn more about how they can undermine Trump’s agenda and attending workshops on how to effectively engage in civil disobedience, the Post reports.

Source: http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/02/donald-trump-federal-government-workers

I'm not sure having Trump associated with bitcoin is a good idea.

paul gatt

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:55:43 AM

when a trader was elected president, this means the economy of a country will be developed, Bitcoin is a terrible source of profit, Trump will not ignore it, I think he will make Bitcoin further
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:07:11 AM

Cool

Unique is one word , not the one I would use.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Protesters-storm-Milo-Yiannopoulos-event-at-UC-10901829.php
A protest at UC Berkeley over a scheduled appearance by right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos turned fiery and violent Wednesday night, prompting police to cancel the event and hustle the Breitbart News editor off campus.

But even after the event’s cancellation, hundreds of protesters spilled off campus into the city streets, where the violence continued as they confronted drivers, engaged in fights, smashed storefront windows and set fires.

I can feel the peace & love from here.  Tongue

Cool
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 04:51:56 PM

Cool

Unique is one word , not the one I would use.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Protesters-storm-Milo-Yiannopoulos-event-at-UC-10901829.php
A protest at UC Berkeley over a scheduled appearance by right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos turned fiery and violent Wednesday night, prompting police to cancel the event and hustle the Breitbart News editor off campus.

But even after the event’s cancellation, hundreds of protesters spilled off campus into the city streets, where the violence continued as they confronted drivers, engaged in fights, smashed storefront windows and set fires.

I can feel the peace & love from here.  Tongue

Cool

That's not a big deal. It's no worse than what people do on International Blvd in Oakland when the Raiders lose a game.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:57:29 AM

I tell you what is funny,
http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-uc-berkeley-milo-yiannopoulos-protests-free-speech-551899

U.S. President Donald Trump threatened on Thursday to cut funding to the University of California at Berkeley after protesters smashed windows and set fires at the school, forcing the cancellation of an appearance by a far-right Breitbart News editor.

Trump's threat in a tweet provoked a response from California lawmakers, who in discussions on the floor of the state senate called it distasteful and an abuse of power, marking the latest clash between the Republican president and officials in the Democratic-majority state.

"If U.C. Berkeley does not allow free speech and practices violence on innocent people with a different point of view - NO FEDERAL FUNDS?" Trump wrote on Twitter at 6:13 a.m. EST (1113 GMT).

You guys want succession and 80% of federal funding is keeping your Universities open.  Cheesy

In California, a mostly Democratic state where lawmakers have already begun preparing legislation to combat Trump's policies on immigration and climate change, the response was swift.

"To have the man at the helm of the most powerful nation of the world tweeting and threatening the University of California and talking about withholding funds, that’s unique and I find that very distasteful," said Senate leader Kevin de Leon, a Los Angeles Democrat.

Lawmakers said they would look into whether President Trump could actually take funds from the university which receives $400 to $450 million in funding for research annually.
In 2016, the university also received $216 million in federal student aid, a legislative official said.

Scarred the bunch of California Politicians, didn't he.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You posers do realize, upon succession your state will no longer receive ANY Federal funding.
You will be a 3rd world country within 8 months.  Wink
Mexico will put up a wall to keep the Californians out of Mexico.   Cheesy

Cool

FYI: LOL
President79

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:31:58 AM

I do not care, immigration matters and blocking 7 countries and build walls of Mexico is far more important than know about bitcoin, I'm sure the President of trump is not affected and is not concerned with anything related to bitcoin.
soul-impact

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:19:24 AM

I do not care, immigration matters and blocking 7 countries and build walls of Mexico is far more important than know about bitcoin, I'm sure the President of trump is not affected and is not concerned with anything related to bitcoin.
They are all good since he is doing that to protect the USA from many danger. People will soon have to admit that he is the greatest president. About the Bitcoin, he will definitely cause some positive effect because he has decided to against the China - the biggest mining farm on the Earth. If he does that, the Bitcoin prices will increase significantly

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:25:59 AM

I believe that Trump will support bitcoin. He has cabinet members around him who are bitcoin supporters. And before he become President, he has investments all around the globe. So being an investor himself, bitcoin should be in his radar long before assuming the presidency.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 06:30:54 AM

After watching tonight's news on Trump, I'm wondering if war with former allies is good for bitcoin?

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 02:36:05 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2017, 03:56:57 PM by deisik

After watching tonight's news on Trump, I'm wondering if war with former allies is good for bitcoin?

Things are massively getting hot

Trump wrote recently in his tweet that he may cut off federal financing of the Berkeley University (of BSD fame). That would require an act of Congress and here things start being interesting. Since Republicans don't have supermajority while Democrats seem to be hell-bent on blocking Trump's decisions, he threatened them with the so-called "nuclear option" (changing Senate rules on a majority vote). This seems to be the next step in taking over Congress on the road to absolute power (which is what Trump is obviously looking and striving for)

Donald Nukem

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: