Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:11:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?  (Read 30153 times)
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 06:31:04 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 06:49:13 PM by cjmoles

I'm going to be brief here, the majority of the population believe in the merits of the constitution and those are beliefs that we need not assume here because they are inherent in the constitutional contract.  He is not qualified because he does not have the necessary background, education, nor experience.  The person elected to protect, enforce, and execute the law as mandated by the constitution should at least understand the dynamics of the constitutional contract.  And, he should at least understand diplomacy....Bombing the Middle East to take their oil, while perfectly sensible to dumbasses, is actually against international law!  Censoring the media, unconstitutional....Locking up rival political parties, unconstitutional.....Threatening individual states, unconstitutional....Torture, unconstitutional....etc.  The guy doesn't even understand the constitution....how is he qualified to enforce that which he does not understand, that which the American people have fought and died to protect?  Trump refused to fight for the country....he dodged the draft....the weenie wouldn't even serve when his number was called....multiple times, multiple deferments!

International law? You must be kidding mate. Of course, we don't know what Trump is up to and what he will eventually end up with, but please don't make mention of the international law here. Should I remind you how many wars previous American presidents starting from Harry Truman have unleashed? And how many of them do you consider as having not been qualified for the presidency?

"I'm the law"!

Harry Truman's Qualifications

Public Service:

County Official
County Judge
United States Senator
Vice President

Military Service:

United States Army Reserve
Years of service   
1905–11 (Missouri National Guard)
1917–19 (United States Army)
1920–53 (Reserve)
Rank   
US-O4 insignia.svg Major (Army)
US-O6 insignia.svg Colonel (Reserve)
Commands:   
Battery D, 129th Field Artillery, 60th Brigade, 35th Infantry Division
1st Battalion, 379th Field Artillery Regiment, 102nd Infantry Division
379th Field Artillery Regiment, 102nd Infantry Division   
World War I

Trump's Qualifications

Public Service:
NONE

Military Service:
Draft Dodger

There's a big difference in qualifications there.

And, while you may think taking over a country to steal its oil is laughable under international law, the rest of the world may not think so....That's why diplomacy is an important qualification.

This is it: if you think that a world conflict or loss of confidence in the American economy will help bitcoin....then maybe Trump is good for bitcoin.  But, if you believe that a world conflict or United States economic down turn is bad for bitcoin....then maybe Trump is bad for bitcoin....that easy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 06:39:08 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 06:52:10 PM by deisik

~snipped~

This is it: if you think that a world conflict or loss of confidence in the American economy will help bitcoin....then maybe Trump is good for bitcoin.  But, if you believe that a world conflict or United States economic down turn is bad for bitcoin, then maybe Trump is bad for bitcoin....that easy.

So you think it's okay that Truman nuked two Japanese cities (for all his qualifications), right?

I heard you said something about international law? What about crimes against humanity then? Note that Japan didn't attack American cities (for whatever reason), so there was absolutely no justification to nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki, even under the pretext of revenge (like the British leveled off Dresden for bombing London). I guess the world will be much better off overall for someone like Trump as the US president than a guy like Harry Truman or his brother-in-arms John McCain (Hillary would be an absolute evil in this respect), whatever his qualifications might be

cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 07:06:52 PM

~snipped~

This is it: if you think that a world conflict or loss of confidence in the American economy will help bitcoin....then maybe Trump is good for bitcoin.  But, if you believe that a world conflict or United States economic down turn is bad for bitcoin, then maybe Trump is bad for bitcoin....that easy.

So you think it's okay that Truman nuked two Japanese cities (for all his qualifications), right?

I heard you said something about international law? What about crimes against humanity then? Note that Japan didn't attack American cities (for whatever reason), so there was absolutely no justification to nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki, even under the pretext of revenge (like the British leveled off Dresden). I guess the world will be much better off overall for someone like Trump as the US president than a guy like Harry Truman or his brother-in-arms John McCain (Hillary would be an absolute evil in this respect), whatever his qualifications might be

Japan attacked the United States of America, unprovoked....several times....California, Hawaii, and Oregon.  And, yes, the United States does have the right to protect itself from attack!  It does not, however, have the right to take over another country to steal its oil....and it doesn't require a hugely superior intellect to understand the difference.  The main point here is this: we now have a lunatic with no sense of diplomacy, and no experience in office, who holds the power to blow up the entire planet in less than an hour, now threatening to take over a country to steal it's oil!  That's not good business!
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 07:22:46 PM

I heard you said something about international law? What about crimes against humanity then? Note that Japan didn't attack American cities (for whatever reason), so there was absolutely no justification to nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki, even under the pretext of revenge (like the British leveled off Dresden). I guess the world will be much better off overall for someone like Trump as the US president than a guy like Harry Truman or his brother-in-arms John McCain (Hillary would be an absolute evil in this respect), whatever his qualifications might be

Japan attacked the United States of America, unprovoked....several times....California, Hawaii, and Oregon.  And, yes, the United States does have the right to protect itself from attack!  It does not, however, have the right to take over another country to steal its oil....and it doesn't require a hugely superior intellect to understand the difference.  The main point here is this: we now have a lunatic with no sense of diplomacy, and no experience in office, who holds the power to blow up the entire planet in less than an hour, now threatening to take over a country to steal it's oil!  That's not good business!

So far he didn't blow up anything

And it doesn't look like he is going any time soon. He didn't even grab Iraqi oil wells as of yet. Still more so, if he is Putin's man, I doubt he would do anything particular detrimental to the world on the whole unlike his more qualified predecessors. Anyway, it should be clear by now that you just don't like Donald and are trying to rationalize your dislike in any conceivable way (lack of qualifications, lack of diplomacy, lack of lack after all)

cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 07:42:13 PM

Japan attacked the United States of America, unprovoked....several times....California, Hawaii, and Oregon.  And, yes, the United States does have the right to protect itself from attack!  It does not, however, have the right to take over another country to steal its oil....and it doesn't require a hugely superior intellect to understand the difference.  The main point here is this: we now have a lunatic with no sense of diplomacy, and no experience in office, who holds the power to blow up the entire planet in less than an hour, now threatening to take over a country to steal it's oil!  That's not good business!

And it doesn't look like he is going any time soon. He didn't even grab Iraqi oil wells as of yet. Still more so, if he is Putin's man, I doubt he would do anything particular detrimental to the world on the whole unlike his more qualified predecessors. Anyway, it should be clear by now that you just don't like Donald and are trying to rationalize your dislike in any conceivable way (lack of qualifications, lack of diplomacy, lack of lack after all)

Well, if all the investigations do reveal the fact that he committed treason by colluding with Putin, he'll be thrown out of office quicker than he can grab a pussy on the way out the door!  That is, of course, if he even makes it that far!  He's quickly making enemies with all our allies, yet fails to even criticize Putin....He's alienating NATO so they're going to be on their own soon....It's just very bad for business. Bitcoin won't be worth squat if there's a major global conflict....thing's will go right back to a commodity based confidence.  They're already moving in that direction.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 08:44:53 PM

@CJMoles

Guy , you just an idiot.

If you dislike Trump , so much move.
Your Petty dislike and constant insults of the man, show you have an axe to grind.

The Guy you were in love with, did nothing but play golf for 8 years and add a health care tax on the poor.

Trump has not been in Office even a week, and you complain like a little bitch.
The Fact is , if you had checked the comments on many sites regarding Trump, you would see his approval ratings are increasing.
Because People see he is working to make things better for America.

So if you are that upset, just move. We won't miss your whining.

Cool
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 09:55:31 PM

Most expressions around the topic were on personal feeling on Trump not how it relates to bitcoin price. I also feel the recent rise in bitcoin was not due to trump election winning. I love to watch Trump as a political clown but I dont think is time to form an opinion about him. Rise in dollar value should not affect the value of bitcoin also just that the environment remain amiable for bitcoin. Just a prayer against trade war with china in his time
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 01:34:25 PM

Since the election of Trump to the new US President yesterday, many questions about Bitcoin arise.

Will he promote Bitcoin and make it a breakthrough? Will he even officially ban Bitcoin? Will he make such a bad economic (and monetary) policy that Bitcoin will be seen as an alternative for many?

What do you think, what will a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?

President Trump does not affect bitcoin to make it increase the value, because He doesn't know about in bitcoin. that's why if your going to observed after what happened to his victory its just normal things. which didn't blow up anything in bitcoin.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 02:34:45 PM

Well, if all the investigations do reveal the fact that he committed treason by colluding with Putin, he'll be thrown out of office quicker than he can grab a pussy on the way out the door!  That is, of course, if he even makes it that far!  He's quickly making enemies with all our allies, yet fails to even criticize Putin....He's alienating NATO so they're going to be on their own soon....It's just very bad for business. Bitcoin won't be worth squat if there's a major global conflict....thing's will go right back to a commodity based confidence.  They're already moving in that direction.

I'm really disappointed with your logic and train of thought

If Trump colludes with Putin (let's assume that), how can it possibly lead to a major global conflict? If both Putin and Trump extinguish DAESH (or what's their proper name) as Trump is suggesting, I guess that would only render the world an excellent service and to Bitcoin as well. It seems that you can't decide for yourself which is better (or worse) Trump with Bitcoin or Trump against Bitcoin since whatever he does or may do you perceive and interpret distorted by your bias against Donald

morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 03:02:42 PM

Well, if all the investigations do reveal the fact that he committed treason by colluding with Putin, he'll be thrown out of office quicker than he can grab a pussy on the way out the door!  That is, of course, if he even makes it that far!  He's quickly making enemies with all our allies, yet fails to even criticize Putin....He's alienating NATO so they're going to be on their own soon....It's just very bad for business. Bitcoin won't be worth squat if there's a major global conflict....thing's will go right back to a commodity based confidence.  They're already moving in that direction.

If Trump colludes with Putin (let's assume that), how can it possibly lead to a major global conflict? If both Putin and Trump extinguish DAESH (or what's their proper name) as Trump is suggesting, I guess that would only render the world an excellent service and to Bitcoin as well. It seems that you can't decide for yourself which is better (or worse) Trump with Bitcoin or Trump against Bitcoin since whatever he does or may do you perceive and interpret distorted by your bias against Donald

this is crazy, there is always a conflict either in progress, on the rise just passed.  whether the recent conflicts of the past five years has affected bitcoin or not is hard to say, but there is no reason to think that another conflict arising is going to do any different than the last ones.  putin has, during the lifetime of bitcoin been in and out of the russian sourthern border states a dozen times, sometimes with US verbal support and sometimes not.

whether you like the president of the moment or not is irrelevant.  he is not going to get impeached for being not liked, not going to get kicked out for pissing off NATO, which is something the USA does ALL THE TIME.  there is always a group against the current president, the last group hated Obama because he was black, this group hates trump because of his personal views om some things.  the next president will be hated by a group too and it will affect bitcoin very little.  with obama, the noise settled within six months, the same will be true here. 

i suggest we elect a transgender, former drug addicted prostitute that no one is sure what sex they are, but whether boy or girl, they seem to like the same sex, being homosexual, they should cross dress, promote population segregation based on the first letter of your last name and day one open human breeding farms.  does not matter who is in office, there will be haters.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 04:53:46 PM

I don't even think he might be knowing something
 about bitcoins  but I know that if he mentions
 something about bitcoins ,
that day the prices will go up , alot.
Like it would be very beneficial for bitcoin.
Many more people will invest in bitcoin and
it would become successful.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 06:03:00 PM

Okay, let's assume that the American public enjoys having a president who committed treason in office....let's also assume that the American government pardons the president for treason and let's him continue to serve.  Let's then assume that the rest of the world yields to the new Putin/Trump alliance and let's them take over Europe without a fight....how's that help bitcoin?

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:45:47 PM

i don't think it really matters..... i think he don't even know about it and if he knows i dont think he or any other presidant have any issue with bitcoin..... i think in his time period bitcoin will continues its success......
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 07:57:18 PM

Okay, let's assume that the American public enjoys having a president who committed treason in office....let's also assume that the American government pardons the president for treason and let's him continue to serve.  Let's then assume that the rest of the world yields to the new Putin/Trump alliance and let's them take over Europe without a fight....how's that help bitcoin?

Is this a rhetorical question?

If not, that I'm not so much disappointed as fascinated by your logic. Or should I rather say, by the lack thereof? Didn't you say just in the post before the one which I'm now replying to (and the relevant part of which I further emphasized in red for your attention) that a global war (or a major conflict) would render Bitcoin worthless and useless (which I fully agree with)? Quite obviously, committing "treason" in the sense you mean it would prevent such a disastrous event from happening altogether and thereby Bitcoin won't crash to the floor. If this is not enough to answer your question, I think any economic union which usually follows a political agreement and loosening of tensions would contribute to the prosperity of common people (e.g. thanks to lowering military expenses). Apparently, they will be interested in saving the purchasing power of their spare money (which otherwise they might not have)

And here enters Bitcoin, warm and fuzzy

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:50:30 PM

Maybe Donald Trump can use bitcoin to keep the Beaners and rag heads out of murrica.

Donald Trump is like a caricature of the worst American traits that exist. I sure hope no one ever associates Bitcoin with him. http://www.nationalmemo.com/donald-trump-not-just-a-birther-five-awful-things-about-the-don/

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:47:22 AM

Maybe Donald Trump can use  to keep the Beaners and rag heads out of murrica.

Donald Trump is like a caricature of the worst American traits that exist. I sure hope no one ever associates  with him. http://www.nationalmemo.com/donald-trump-not-just-a-birther-five-awful-things-about-the-don/
you are right about his personality but i think if we taught in the prospective of grooming of bitcoin..... we hope that he would take some steps in the future for the betterment of bitcoin.....
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 12:29:38 PM

Maybe Donald Trump can use bitcoin to keep the Beaners and rag heads out of murrica.

Donald Trump is like a caricature of the worst American traits that exist. I sure hope no one ever associates Bitcoin with him. http://www.nationalmemo.com/donald-trump-not-just-a-birther-five-awful-things-about-the-don/

Actually  Donald Trump is a good man. Many see him as a clown but in his heart he wants a clean state with high morale. Thus I want to disagree with you, he abolished abortion rights and that is a very good thing since that shows that Trump values life and have seen that abortion is anti-life. His policies are somehow not acceptable to many but its for the good of the country so let the effects speaks for itself. With regards to bitcoin there are no clear linkage between trump and bitcoin, though there is a coin called Trump coin but it was not own by Trump and only named after him.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 12:59:18 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2017, 01:54:48 PM by deisik

Actually  Donald Trump is a good man. Many see him as a clown but in his heart he wants a clean state with high morale. Thus I want to disagree with you, he abolished abortion rights and that is a very good thing since that shows that Trump values life and have seen that abortion is anti-life. His policies are somehow not acceptable to many but its for the good of the country so let the effects speaks for itself. With regards to bitcoin there are no clear linkage between trump and bitcoin, though there is a coin called Trump coin but it was not own by Trump and only named after him

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

On the other hand, you shouldn't forbid what you can't prevent. In this manner, abolition of the abortion rights (if he really did that, I don't really know) would only lead to illegal abortions with likely tragic and devastating consequences. Just in case, I'm also hands down against abortions, but outright prohibiting them is not a solution. This topic seems to have turned mainly in discussing Trump's personality in general and his personal traits specifically, though as a president of the US, one of the most powerful countries in the world, these may well touch on Bitcoin's fate in the future. Therefore, they are not totally offtopic

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:50:59 PM

Actually  Donald Trump is a good man. Many see him as a clown but in his heart he wants a clean state with high morale. Thus I want to disagree with you, he abolished abortion rights and that is a very good thing since that shows that Trump values life and have seen that abortion is anti-life. His policies are somehow not acceptable to many but its for the good of the country so let the effects speaks for itself. With regards to bitcoin there are no clear linkage between trump and bitcoin, though there is a coin called Trump coin but it was not own by Trump and only named after him

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

On the other hand, you shouldn't forbid what you can't prevent. In this manner, abolition of the abortion rights (if he really did that, I don't really know) would only lead to illegal abortions with likely dramatic and devastating consequences. Just in case, I'm also hands down against abortions, but outright prohibiting them is not a solution. This topic seems to have turned mainly in discussing Trump's personality in general and his personal traits specifically, though as a president of the US, one of the most powerful countries in the world, these may well touch on Bitcoin's fate in the future. Therefore, they are not totally offtopic

Abortion rights in the US were determined by the Supreme Court in Roe vs Wade, only the Supreme Court could make abortion illegal in the US.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade

That is not a power granted the President by the Constitution.
The only thing Trump did was sign an order that says the US will not be Paying money to international organizations to provide abortions.
It gets flipped every party turn over , Bush (Republican) also block Paying for Overseas Abortions & Obama (Democrat) started paying for the oversea abortions again.
This blocks no woman from getting an abortion, it just makes it where she has to pay for it herself, by the way the women in the US don't receive free abortions, they have to paid a Doctor to get one.

US Government has no power over what women in other countries do , regarding their personal decisions on abortion.

Cool
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 06:11:00 PM

For all of you Trump supporters:

David Sater was a top executive at the Bayrock Group — Donald Trump’s most frequent partner on condo and hotel deals — and the son of a reputed Russian mobster. In 2000 he was named as a co-conspirator in a $40 million fraud case that resulted in 19 guilty pleas and the conviction of six mobsters from the Russian mafia and the Gambino crime family.

Tevfik Arif, another Bayrock Group executive who serves as a partner in Trump Soho, was dramatically arrested aboard the world’s largest for-charter luxury yacht and charged with “encouraging” and “facilitating” prostitution. Some of the girls were only 16 years old.

Raoul Goldberg, who brought Trump the site for the 45-story Trump Tower Philadelphia, was sentenced to 46 months in prison in 2000 for trying to ship tens of thousands of ecstasy pills into the U.S.

“Highlights” of Donald Trump’s long history of sexism include his gross ogling of the contestants at the Miss USA pageant, and the time that he sent New York Times writer Gail Collins a copy of her column with “The Face of a Dog!” written over it.

In 1973, Trump Management Corporation (of which Trump was president at the time) was sued by the Justice Department for discriminating against blacks who wanted to rent apartments in Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island. The case was settled out of court two years later – and Trump now claims to have a great relationship with “the blacks.”

Trump supports the American worker:

An investigation by USA Today has found that more than 3,500 lawsuits have been filed against Donald Trump and his business entities over the past 30 years. According to the paper, hundreds of former employees and contractors have accused Trump and his businesses of failing to pay them for their work. Victims have included a dishwasher in Florida, a glass company in New Jersey, a carpet company, a plumber, 48 waiters, dozens of bartenders at his resorts and clubs, and even several law firms that once represented him in these labor lawsuits. According to U.S. Department of Labor data, Trump’s companies have also been cited for 24 violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act since 2005 for failing to pay overtime or minimum wage.

In The Apprentice Trump casts himself as a high-powered executive, in the same way a teenage boy might cast himself as James Bond infiltrating a Cheerleader Dorm. Total fantasy. Trump has been replaced in more businesses than toner cartridges, and has cost the business world more money in the process. He's had 19 failed businesses in 17 years and many of Trump's floundering companies were given debt relief on the specific grounds that Trump no longer be in charge of them. In 1991 the Taj Mahal hotel casino escaped bankruptcy when he gave up 50 percent of his ownership. In 1992 the Trump Plaza Hotel filed Chapter 11 and was forgiven some of its debt when Trump gave up 49 percent of his stock and was demoted to an unpaid "chief executive," forbidden from being involved in the day to day running of the company. That's the corporate version of being told to go do "free reading" in the corner while the class gets on with math.

In 2004 Trump Hotels and Casinos filed for bankruptcy, forcing Trump to step down as CEO and cut his share of stock from 56 percent (in charge) to 27 percent (hell no). Losing money in a casino when you own it is financial failure the likes of which hasn't been seen in Atlantic City in years, and they're in the financial failure business. Trump Entertainment Chapter 11-ed in 2009, forcing Trump to leave the board of executives. GoTrump.com entirely folded in 2006. If Trump went on a cocaine binge in a cloning factory there still wouldn't be so many Trumps losing money so quickly. He has publicly admitted "I do play with the bankruptcy laws--they're very good for me."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: