Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:31:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?  (Read 30153 times)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 07:48:47 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 08:52:55 PM by kiklo

The Clintons were owned by the Chinese, the Clintons sold secret US Tech to the Chinese.
They both should have been Jailed for espionage.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/lest-we-forget-hillarys-china-gate-scandal/
The “Chinagate” fundraising scandal plagued the 1996 Bill Clinton-Al Gore campaign and Hillary was very much involved.  Chinagate aka Commercegate is the most serious scandal in U.S. history. It involves the transfer of America’s most sensitive technology, including but not limited to nuclear missile and satellite technology, apparently in exchange for millions of dollars in contributions to the 1996 Clinton-Gore re-election effort and the Democratic National Committee.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/clinton-lawyer-may-have-exposed-entire-server-to-china/article/2605231
Heather Samuelson was one of the Clinton aides who sifted through the private email server used during Clinton's tenure at the State Department, and helped decide which would be designated as personal messages and which were work-related. That's when the potential Chinese hacks may have taken place, because she used two laptops made by Lenovo, a company with ties to the Chinese government that has sold laptops for years with malware pre-installed on the computer.

The Clintons have been selling out the US to China since before 1996.
If Hillary had gained power , the US would be a 3rd world country before the next election.

In 2 Days , Trump has done more for the US Citizen than Obama did in 8 fucking years.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/24/list-trumps-executive-orders.html
   An order that directs federal agencies to ease the “regulatory burdens” of ObamaCare. It orders agencies to “waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement” of ObamaCare that imposes a “fiscal burden on any State or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families, healthcare providers, health insurers, patients, recipients of healthcare services, purchasers of health insurance, or makers of medical devices, products, or medications.”

An order imposing a hiring freeze for some federal government workers as a way to shrink the size of government.
    This excludes the military, as Trump noted at the signing.

He signed a notice that the U.S. will begin withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal.
    Trump called the order "a great thing for the American worker."

An order to reinstate the so-called "Mexico City Policy" – a ban on federal funds to international groups that perform abortions or lobby to legalize or promote abortion. The policy was instituted in 1984 by President Reagan, but has gone into and out of effect depending on the party in power in the White House.

Two orders reviving the Keystone XL pipeline and Dakota Access piplines. He also signed three other related orders that would: expedite the environmental permitting process for infrastructure projects related to the pipelines; direct the Commerce Department to streamline the manufacturing permitting process; and give the Commerce Department 180 days to maximize the use of U.S. steel in the pipeline.

The one in red will decrease the financial burden on Americans imposed by Obama's stupidity.

The ones in blue will Directly Increase Jobs for Americans by reviving our Steel & Pipeline Industries.
US $ is going up , nothing else will be able to keep up with it for the next few years.  Wink

Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 08:23:22 PM

Here's some logic:  If Trump is a dumbass, then those who support him are dumbasses too.  Trump is a dumbass.  Therefore, those who support him are dumbasses.  It's pretty much that simple!  

Trump doesn't have the American support.  He's not qualified to run the most powerful nation in the world and he certainly doesn't share the views of a majority of it's population....including a state that accounts for the 6th largest economy in the world which shares an antithetical ideology.  Any other republican who understands government would be fine....but, this guy doesn't have the qualifications to run the most powerful branch of government in the world....a branch of government that holds the keys to the nuclear codes requires more than a degree in business from some obscure college!  He has never served the public in any capacity....in fact, he's a draft dodger so he actively avoided service

It feels like you are more trying to convince yourself in what you say rather than me. Even if Trump is a dumbass, he is a damn good dumbass to convince half of the US to vote for him. Are half of the US dumbasses too? Personally, I would consider him as a genuine four-flusher and demagog as rare as one in a million. Are you going to challenge that point as well? In any case, for those of us who are living outside the US it will be a good show, and it certainly must go on!

Hillary would likely make a good show too, but the world might end up in ashes in the final part of it

1)  Half of the United States did not vote for Trump....that is an "alternative fact"....but those who did vote for him ARE dumbasses!
2)  Trumps policy of confiscating foreign oil as the spoils of war is more likely to start world conflict than not.
3)  Trumps move to defund and isolate the USA from NATO will affect more than just the USA....
4)  It may be a greater show than anticipated....the world has more to lose than the USA...."America first"....we have the bombs, the
     missile defense systems, the money and now a dumbass with his finger on the button!  Good luck!

Some 60 million people voted for Trump, so 60 million Americans are dumbasses, simple logic!

Trump is just speaking loudly what has been only whispered before but still widely known for millenia. In short, the winner takes it all. This has been even made into a song. Trump may really look like a dumbass or a clown (your pick), but such guys usually don't start wars. Why? Because he is a businessman to the marrow of his bones, and these people know the limits very well and are negotiable overall. That's why he is such a loud mouth in the first place

US Population: 320 Million
Hillary:            66 Million votes (polls show that she won the educated vote)
Trump:            63 Million votes (polls show that he won the uneducated vote)

Trump filed for bankruptcy 4 times....not generally considered to be good for business.

Businessmen don't start wars?  How many U.S. presidential businessmen are you polling here and are you including Bush/Cheney? Who, in fact, not only profited personally off of the Iraq war but also made their fortunes with WWII?  Clowns usually don't start wars...why? Clowns generally don't start wars because they're too busy entertaining birthday parties and don't generally have access to the nuclear football! Clowns generally don't start wars because clowns usually don't have the power to do so. This is the first time a "clown" has actually had the very real power to start a war!

I hope you're right and Trump does the world good....but from my vantage point, it's a very dangerous position the world is in now.  We are in an unprecedented situation here....the price of Bitcoin is small in comparison.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 08:32:11 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 08:46:34 PM by kiklo

Hillary:            66 Million votes (polls show that she won the educated vote)
Trump:            63 Million votes (polls show that he won the uneducated vote)

Trump filed for bankruptcy 4 times....not generally considered to be good for business.

Businessmen don't start wars?  How many U.S. presidential businessmen are you polling here and are you including Bush/Cheney? Who, in fact, not only profited personally off of the Iraq war but also made their fortunes with WWII?  Clowns usually don't start wars...why? Clowns generally don't start wars because they're too busy entertaining birthday parties and don't generally have access to the nuclear football!  Clowns generally don't start wars because clowns usually don't have the power to do so. This is the first time a "clown" has actually had the very real power to start a war!

I hope you're right and Trump does the world good....but from my vantage point, it's a very dangerous position the world is in now.  We are in an unprecedented situation here....the price of Bitcoin is small in comparison.

@CjMoles,

You do know the US is a Republic and not a Democracy?
It is the Electoral College that elects the president and not the Popular Votes, you should study up on how your Government works.
The Electoral College is a process, not a place.
The founding fathers established it in the Constitution as a compromise between election of the President by a vote in Congress and election of the President by a popular vote of qualified citizens.

You also don't know that Rich people use Bankruptcy as a way to restructure their debt payments.
Notice even after Bankruptcy , they are still rich and you are not.
It is because they know how to play the financial game which includes using bankruptcy as a tactic.

Did Obama (with his Nobel Prize for Peace) , pull the US Soldiers out of any conflicts.
No he did not, he even renege on his promise to Close Gitmo.
8 fucking years and he did not even complete a campaign promise to close Gitmo, that is incompetence for you.  Tongue

Cool

FYI:
Out of 8 years Obama managed to steal $85 million from the taxpayers for Vacations alone.  Tongue
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article123335079.html
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 08:41:51 PM

Maybe Trump is not the best person to become a POTUS, but Hillary is rotten to the core.
Whole Clinton clan is nothing but Muppets of Wall Street/Big Banks/corporations they were/would sell of everything.
At least Trump is rich to the point that no one will be able to bribe him.
Don't be sore losers and cry that Trump won despite less people voted for him. Electoral system works like that.

Wait for him to actually DO something, then we will comment his actions, evaluate and judge him. So far he didn't do anything.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 08:52:48 PM

Some 60 million people voted for Trump, so 60 million Americans are dumbasses, simple logic!

Trump is just speaking loudly what has been only whispered before but still widely known for millenia. In short, the winner takes it all. This has been even made into a song. Trump may really look like a dumbass or a clown (your pick), but such guys usually don't start wars. Why? Because he is a businessman to the marrow of his bones, and these people know the limits very well and are negotiable overall. That's why he is such a loud mouth in the first place

Hillary:            66 Million votes (polls show that she won the educated vote)
Trump:            63 Million votes (polls show that he won the uneducated vote)

Trump filed for bankruptcy 4 times....not generally considered to be good for business

We don't know what Trump may be up to, but Hillary was obviously hell-bent on starting a nuclear holocaust and setting the world on fire. As I said it elsewhere, these bankruptcies might have been used for tax avoidance, for example. Since the IRS is considered one of the toughest tax agencies in the world (see Al Capone history) and they seemingly have nothing to bring against him, we must assume that it was not an instance of tax avoidance as such but rather an "optimization of the tax burden"

Anyway, he is still a billionaire by any yardstick (but you are not)

cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 09:22:22 PM

--snip--

@CjMoles,

It is the Electoral College that elects the president and not the Popular Votes, you should study up on how your Government works.
The founding fathers established it in the Constitution as a compromise between election of the President by a vote in Congress and election of the President by a popular vote of qualified citizens.

I do know how our government works....That's why I cited the numbers. I was showing how the "alternative fact" that half of the United States voted for Trump was incorrect....the real numbers are closer to 20% which is certainly not a mandate.  And of those 20% of the population that did vote for Trump, half of them have less than a high school education....I was just trying to demonstrate the competency level from which Trump gained consensus....that's all.  I hope he does well....but....I don't think assembly line jobs are coming back, not with automation on the forefront.....Those rustbelt workers are still going to require an education to receive employment.  Dropping out of school to go to work at the local factory is a thing of the past.  And, that pipeline may create some short term jobs, but that pipeline is being built to save money spent on long term expenses related to transportation costs.  It's overall goal is to reduce the amount of money spent on labor....not the other way around.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 09:32:07 PM

I do know how our government works....That's why I cited the numbers. I was showing how the "alternative fact" that half of the United States voted for Trump was incorrect....the real numbers are closer to 20% which is certainly not a mandate  And of those 20% of the population that did vote for Trump, half of them have less than a high school education....I was just trying to demonstrate the competency level from which Trump gained consensus....that's all.  I hope he does well....but....I don't think assembly line jobs are coming back, not with automation on the forefront.....Those rustbelt workers are still going to require an education to receive employment.  Dropping out of school to go to work at the local factory is a thing of the past.  And, that pipeline may create some short term jobs, but that pipeline is being built to save money spent on long term expenses related to transportation costs.  It's overall goal is to reduce the amount of money spent on labor....not the other way around

You know every coin has two sides

So you are implicitly assuming or insinuating that 20% of population voting for Trump means the rest of it voting against him? I guess this is pretty much bordering on wishful thinking (or deliberate distortion of facts). We don't know how the remaining 80-20=60% (minus those who voted for Clinton) would vote if there had been only two contenders. Maybe, most of them would in fact vote in favor of Donald and against Hillary if they were forced to make such a choice

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 09:57:43 PM

--snip--

@CjMoles,

I do know how our government works....That's why I cited the numbers. I was showing how the "alternative fact" that half of the United States voted for Trump was incorrect....the real numbers are closer to 20% which is certainly not a mandate.  And of those 20% of the population that did vote for Trump, half of them have less than a high school education....I was just trying to demonstrate the competency level from which Trump gained consensus....that's all.  I hope he does well....but....I don't think assembly line jobs are coming back, not with automation on the forefront.....Those rustbelt workers are still going to require an education to receive employment.  Dropping out of school to go to work at the local factory is a thing of the past.  And, that pipeline may create some short term jobs, but that pipeline is being built to save money spent on long term expenses related to transportation costs.  It's overall goal is to reduce the amount of money spent on labor....not the other way around.

Many OLDER people have less than a high School Education, because they went to work to make a living.
I have found these people to be just as smart as anyone else if not more so  , because Life has forced them to be practical in their thought processes.
On the other hand , I know people with PHDs, that I would consider complete Dumb asses  because they lost the ability to think and only regurgitate what they were told in college by people with a liberal agenda.

Making Steel for the pipeline is just the beginning , if Trump does this for all of the infrastructure upgrades this country needs, we will see an economic boom.

Ending Obamacare will make it so companies can hire fulltime workers again, instead of keeping workers part time to avoid healthcare penalties.
Obamacare has done nothing but increased cost and caused many people that had it to lose it.
Many people I know, Spouses used to be covered for free with their Partner's Health care, they all lost that since obamacare and are now looking at close to an additional $1000 per month to try and cover their spouse, in addition people who are just unable to afford it at all are being hit with a Tax Penalty every year.
These people were barely making ends meet before, obamcare has been nothing but a taxation without representation and should have never seen the light of day.
That Stupid Ass, has done more Damage to this country than any Foreign Power , we have ever faced.
Thanks to Him, Good People have Starved to death or committed suicide in this country for lack of jobs.

So when someone, anyone, says they want to make America Great Again, and Grow Jobs that allow the People to eat and have homes,
HE IS THE ONE THAT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO WIN THE ELECTION!!!

This country's people have become too poor to afford the luxury of having a Damn Idiot for our President, (we just had 8 fucking years of it)
which is why Trump beat the Bushes in the primaries , & then the Clintons in the election.

Cool
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 10:23:11 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 11:30:51 PM by cjmoles

I do know how our government works....That's why I cited the numbers. I was showing how the "alternative fact" that half of the United States voted for Trump was incorrect....the real numbers are closer to 20% which is certainly not a mandate  And of those 20% of the population that did vote for Trump, half of them have less than a high school education....I was just trying to demonstrate the competency level from which Trump gained consensus....that's all.  I hope he does well....but....I don't think assembly line jobs are coming back, not with automation on the forefront.....Those rustbelt workers are still going to require an education to receive employment.  Dropping out of school to go to work at the local factory is a thing of the past.  And, that pipeline may create some short term jobs, but that pipeline is being built to save money spent on long term expenses related to transportation costs.  It's overall goal is to reduce the amount of money spent on labor....not the other way around

So you are implicitly assuming or insinuating that 20% of population voting for Trump means the rest of it voting against him? I guess this is pretty much bordering on wishful thinking (or deliberate distortion of facts). We don't know how the remaining 80-20=60% (minus those who voted for Clinton) would vote if there had been only two contenders. Maybe, most of them would in fact vote in favor of Donald and against Hillary if they were forced to make such a choice

No. My argument was that Trump supporters are dumbasses....and your retort was that 50% of Americans voted for Trump, therefore, 50% of Americans are dumbasses?  Then, I provided the numbers to demonstrate that it was false that 50% of Americans voted for Trump, which further reinforced my argument that Trump supporters are dumbasses.  I'm not insinuating anything other than the fact that Trump was elected by a minority of the population which is largely comprised of uneducated voters.  The rest of the votes don't count because Trump won the election and I hope he does well, but I believe this is going to end badly.

And, nobody is going to be hurt more by his presidency than those poor folk in the rustbelt who supported him.  California will be fine; New York will be fine; however, those poor red states that rely on subsidies from the states with the greater economies are going to get hit hard....Assembly line jobs aren't returning!  If anything: more jobs that require technical training in engineering and automation will be created....not the typical rustbelt job which attracted the low skill laborers outsourced to foreign countries who would work for low wages.  If those factories come back, they will automate rather then pay union wages for low skill labor.

Edit:  And for those in the thread who believe that educations don't matter: next time you need an operation, go down and hire somebody at day labor instead of visiting the doctor....prove that you believe what you propagate.
freemanjackal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 10:29:49 PM

he may affec the market by the disposals he is accomplishing since he turned president with the protectionism of usa market, affecting btc as well, will have to wait to see what is coming next, cause the relations betwen that country and esat could be stressed due the messures
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 11:13:05 PM

I think Trump's presidency could only be positive for Bitcoin. Don't see him banning it or anything like that... Hillary on the other hand supported by the banks could see BTC as a threat.

He's stated that he wants to cut regulations on businesses by 75% as well as corporate taxes.

This is good for businesses entering the crypto space and for bitcoin.   

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Tanic

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 11:30:56 PM

I believe the coming  of the new president will not affect the spread of bitcoin in america because bitcoin is a counrency that will improve the economy of the united state
I also think that it's gonna be the biggest loose for the US if they will ban bitcoin and will stay away from this. As I know China is the number one by the number of bitcoin user and the US number one by investors in bitcoin.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 12:26:38 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 12:43:08 AM by kiklo

I do know how our government works....That's why I cited the numbers. I was showing how the "alternative fact" that half of the United States voted for Trump was incorrect....the real numbers are closer to 20% which is certainly not a mandate  And of those 20% of the population that did vote for Trump, half of them have less than a high school education....I was just trying to demonstrate the competency level from which Trump gained consensus....that's all.  I hope he does well....but....I don't think assembly line jobs are coming back, not with automation on the forefront.....Those rustbelt workers are still going to require an education to receive employment.  Dropping out of school to go to work at the local factory is a thing of the past.  And, that pipeline may create some short term jobs, but that pipeline is being built to save money spent on long term expenses related to transportation costs.  It's overall goal is to reduce the amount of money spent on labor....not the other way around

No. My argument was that Trump supporters are dumbasses....and your retort was that 50% of Americans voted for Trump, therefore, 50% of Americans are dumbasses?  Then, I provided the numbers to demonstrate that it was false that 50% of Americans voted for Trump, which further reinforced my argument that Trump supporters are dumbasses.  I'm not insinuating anything other than the fact that Trump was elected by a minority of the population which is largely comprised of uneducated voters.  The rest of the votes don't count because Trump won the election and I hope he does well, but I believe this is going to end badly.

And, nobody is going to be hurt more by his presidency than those poor folk in the rustbelt who supported him.  California will be fine; New York will be fine; however, those poor red states that rely on subsidies from the states with the greater economies are going to get hit hard....Assembly line jobs aren't returning!  If anything: more jobs that require technical training in engineering and automation will be created....not the typical rustbelt job which attracted the low skill laborers outsourced to foreign countries who would work for low wages.  If those factories come back, they will automate rather then pay union wages for low skill labor.

Edit:  And for those in the thread who believe that educations don't matter: next time you need an operation, go down and hire somebody at day labor instead of visiting the doctor....prove that you believe what you propagate.

You know, I would never call the ones that voted for Clinton , all dumb asses ,
because I don't know all of them.

But after getting to know you a little bit , I would call you one.

https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/millions-americans-underemployed-0820
As many as 22 million U.S. workers can be considered “underemployed” — that is, they have a job that doesn’t put their education, experience or training to work, or they are working part-time when they’d rather have a full-time job, according to a new report from PayScale. And almost half of the surveyed workers feel they are underpaid. In some cases, this may stem from actual underemployment; in others, there may be a skills gap, the study says.

Now add in a few Spouses and Brother & Sisters & Parents, and you reach 63 Million easily.
Now you know why the Bushes & Clinton Lost to Trump.

Plus since you mentioned a Doctor,
https://www.facebook.com/Nurses-and-Doctors-for-Trump-169845833420448/

You seem like you want to argue that people that did not go to college are stupid,
You don't know these people or their situations , yet you claim the college people are superior in intellect.

Shows one thing , you don't shit.  

The Country in the world with the Highest Number of High School Dropouts is Sweden,
Sweden is also the Country with the Highest number of Millionaires.

US Example:
Some of the Richest men in the world never graduated College.
10 famous dropouts:
Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Inc.
Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft.
Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook
Lawrence Ellison, founder of Oracle Corp.
Michael Dell, founder of Dell Inc.
David Geffen, founder of Geffen Records
Ralph Lauren, founder of Polo Ralph Lauren
John Glenn, first American to orbit the Earth
Robert Frost, poet who won four Pulitzer Prizes for poetry
Frank Lloyd Wright, architect

As far as your Doctor analogy, here is their requirements
It typically takes from 11 to 16 years to complete your education,
including four years of college (undergraduate school),
four years of medical school and anywhere from three to eight years of training in a specific specialty area (residency training),
depending on which specialty you choose to pursue.

The College years are irrelevant, it is the Medical School , and where they served their residency and Patient recommendations ,  
that would help me make the determination which one is the best for me.
As far as Doctors go , their Ability to treat Medical Conditions & Patient Care are more important than their GPA.
Einstein was a College Educated man, but he was no Heart Surgeon. Recognize the difference and quit being stupid.
(His Love of Mathematics is what made him brilliant, not the college he went to.)

Cool

FYI:
It does not take an IQ of 160 to know if you need a Job to feed your family and only one candidate is promoting Job Growth (when the others are not),
which one you are going to vote for.
slapper
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1096

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 01:11:35 AM

I believe the coming  of the new president will not affect the spread of bitcoin in america because bitcoin is a counrency that will improve the economy of the united state
I also think that it's gonna be the biggest loose for the US if they will ban bitcoin and will stay away from this. As I know China is the number one by the number of bitcoin user and the US number one by investors in bitcoin.
well, because of the China, maybe the USA will find another solution to solve this problem. They may exert another cryptos to their system ( It can be Etherium) and focus on it to cause some damage to Bitcoin. Imagine if Trump decide to invest money in Etherium, the Bitcoin will have a good competitor and China will also be affected a lot

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 05:34:19 AM

No. My argument was that Trump supporters are dumbasses....and your retort was that 50% of Americans voted for Trump, therefore, 50% of Americans are dumbasses?  Then, I provided the numbers to demonstrate that it was false that 50% of Americans voted for Trump, which further reinforced my argument that Trump supporters are dumbasses.  I'm not insinuating anything other than the fact that Trump was elected by a minority of the population which is largely comprised of uneducated voters.  The rest of the votes don't count because Trump won the election and I hope he does well, but I believe this is going to end badly

Why are you continuing to distort the facts and attribute to me what I didn't say? For example, I didn't say that 50% of Americans voted for Trump. It is entirely your invention. Moreover, I said it precisely that 60 million people voted for Trump and roughly so many for Clinton. In this case you are not insinuating, you are outright lying. I said that maybe half of the American population are supporting Donald, and you can't refute it since we have only 20% which are openly against Trump. In other words, we don't know what the remaining 60% think if they had to choose between Donald and Hillary. But that doesn't mean that all of them are necessarily against Trump and for Clinton...

And this is what you are insinuating

cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 05:51:07 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 06:14:14 AM by cjmoles

---snip---

You know, I would never call the ones that voted for Clinton , all dumb asses ,
because I don't know all of them.

But after getting to know you a little bit , I would call you one.

https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/millions-americans-underemployed-0820
As many as 22 million U.S. workers can be considered “underemployed” — that is, they have a job that doesn’t put their education, experience or training to work, or they are working part-time when they’d rather have a full-time job, according to a new report from PayScale. And almost half of the surveyed workers feel they are underpaid. In some cases, this may stem from actual underemployment; in others, there may be a skills gap, the study says.

Now add in a few Spouses and Brother & Sisters & Parents, and you reach 63 Million easily.
Now you know why the Bushes & Clinton Lost to Trump.

Plus since you mentioned a Doctor,
https://www.facebook.com/Nurses-and-Doctors-for-Trump-169845833420448/

You seem like you want to argue that people that did not go to college are stupid,
You don't know these people or their situations , yet you claim the college people are superior in intellect.

Shows one thing , you don't shit.  

The Country in the world with the Highest Number of High School Dropouts is Sweden,
Sweden is also the Country with the Highest number of Millionaires.

US Example:
Some of the Richest men in the world never graduated College.
10 famous dropouts:
Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Inc.
Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft.
Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook
Lawrence Ellison, founder of Oracle Corp.
Michael Dell, founder of Dell Inc.
David Geffen, founder of Geffen Records
Ralph Lauren, founder of Polo Ralph Lauren
John Glenn, first American to orbit the Earth
Robert Frost, poet who won four Pulitzer Prizes for poetry
Frank Lloyd Wright, architect

As far as your Doctor analogy, here is their requirements
It typically takes from 11 to 16 years to complete your education,
including four years of college (undergraduate school),
four years of medical school and anywhere from three to eight years of training in a specific specialty area (residency training),
depending on which specialty you choose to pursue.

The College years are irrelevant, it is the Medical School , and where they served their residency and Patient recommendations ,  
that would help me make the determination which one is the best for me.
As far as Doctors go , their Ability to treat Medical Conditions & Patient Care are more important than their GPA.
Einstein was a College Educated man, but he was no Heart Surgeon. Recognize the difference and quit being stupid.
(His Love of Mathematics is what made him brilliant, not the college he went to.)

Cool

FYI:
It does not take an IQ of 160 to know if you need a Job to feed your family and only one candidate is promoting Job Growth (when the others are not),
which one you are going to vote for.

Our society is becoming more technologically advanced at an exponentially rapid pace.  Things are becoming digitized, autonomous, and self analyzing.  Synthetic products are being developed that are more efficient and cost effective then the organic material they are designed to replace.  Alternative forms of energy are being produced that are renewable and ecologically friendly.  As these new innovations are being introduced, they are replacing those technologies which we've become reliant upon.  As a result, employment opportunities are becoming more skill based and less labor intensive.  Our labor force is collectively becoming more educated to keep up with those demands....Like the blacksmith, the factory worker is becoming obsolete....Trump can say that he will bring back assembly line jobs....but those factories are not going to pay the higher wages that American workers demand instead of automating.  Today's jobs require higher levels of education.  It's not enough to elect a billionaire who promises to cut taxes for the very rich....if a person does not have the skills necessary to enter today's job markets, then they're not going to find meaningful employment....not in the rustbelt or anywhere else.  Yes, it sounds swell to bring back the factories of the fifties where one could leave high school and immediately go to work at the local plant, but we are not in the fifties anymore....things have changed....robots are more cost effective than humans....especially union affiliated humans.

So, when one candidate is promising factory work and one candidate is promising educational opportunities, I'd have to evaluate their feasibility and go with the choice that is more reasonable considering today's job markets.  Those old factory jobs are not coming back....maybe lightly manned automated factories that require a more skilled worker, but not those assembly line jobs of old. Educations do matter in today's world if one seeks meaningful employment.  Trump cannot change those facts....global warming is not a hoax, the earth is not flat, and educations are not a device used by the left to undermine society.

No. My argument was that Trump supporters are dumbasses....and your retort was that 50% of Americans voted for Trump, therefore, 50% of Americans are dumbasses?  Then, I provided the numbers to demonstrate that it was false that 50% of Americans voted for Trump, which further reinforced my argument that Trump supporters are dumbasses.  I'm not insinuating anything other than the fact that Trump was elected by a minority of the population which is largely comprised of uneducated voters.  The rest of the votes don't count because Trump won the election and I hope he does well, but I believe this is going to end badly

Why are you continuing to distort the facts and attribute to me what I didn't say? For example, I didn't say that 50% of Americans voted for Trump. It is entirely your invention. Moreover, I said it precisely that 60 million people voted for Trump and roughly so many for Clinton. In this case you are not insinuating, you are outright lying. I said that maybe half of the American population are supporting Donald, and you can't refute it since we have only 20% which are openly against Trump. In other words, we don't know what the remaining 60% think if they had to choose between Donald and Hillary. But that doesn't mean that all of them are necessarily against Trump and for Clinton...

Sorry, maybe I misinterpreted Post #362

"It feels like you are more trying to convince yourself in what you say rather than me. Even if Trump is a dumbass, he is a damn good dumbass to convince half of the US to vote for him. Are half of the US dumbasses too? Personally, I would consider him as a genuine four-flusher and demagog as rare as one in a million. Are you going to challenge that point as well? In any case, for those of us who are living outside the US it will be a good show, and it certainly must go on!" (emphasis and color added for clarity)

half = 1/2 = 0.50 = 50% .... I didn't out right lie, nor did I try to misrepresent your numbers. Maybe we just have alternative facts?
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:29:55 AM

@cjmoles

You must be in academia, because you are clueless to how the real world works.
No it is not the 50s style factories, who said it was.

Do you even watch the videos with the people with Masters Degree and Engineers are out of work for 5 years because they can't find jobs,
Who says that the people are not qualified to run whatever system is required at a job , or at the very least with a week or so of inhouse training run the specific part of the system. Not everyone is an engineer and that is great because we don't need everyone to be one.

Construction work , Steel work , Car Manufacturing is all specialize for each product, But they will all pay a salary you can support a family with, because the people that work them do have a higher specialized skill set.

Education without a job is not helping anyone, people would be better off to learn how to hunt & fish , and grow food and build shelter than a masters degree in communications and can't find a job. I knew 1 kid , that was excellent in forensics pathology and received her masters degree and now is a Bartender trying to pay off her massive student loans.

The Fact of the Matter is in this current environment you are better off saving the money and putting into a house or business or investments instead of wasting it on College.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2013/04/21/avoiding-college-avoiding-debt/1987309/
Kids skip college - not worth the money
College no longer guarantees success or even a good enough job to pay back student loans.
Thanks, but no thanks, some high school grads are starting to say to higher ed.
Instead, some are starting their own businesses, working for free at companies to get experience, and flying out to conferences to network.

This comes at a time when unemployment for recent bachelor's recipients was still up to 12.6% as late as 2011, the most recent year available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, a far cry from 2007's rate of 7.7%. If post-grad unemployment doesn't get much better, this trend could shake the foundations of America's 7,000-plus colleges and universities, which currently take in over $147 billion each year in tuition and fees, according to the Department of Education.

Cool

FYI:
No Jobs and your Elitist Education will not do you a damn bit of good.
Student Loans will crush you.
http://www.businessinsider.com/student-loan-debt-is-crushing-the-american-dream-2012-3
Once viewed as a reasonably priced ticket to a good job and promising career, a four-year college education these days can cost a family as much as nearly a quarter of a million dollars – the  equivalent of a corporate executive’s annual salary – with no guarantee of a good-paying  job to follow.
canhchuacaro1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:08:57 AM

Bitcoin has already risen quite a bit since Trump was elected.Trump presidency means a weaker US dollar
We all can agree that the recent increases in the price of bitcoin was spurred by goings-on from a number of countries, but not necessarily of the governments of anyone of those countries taking any positive step in the direction of bitcoin.
But I'm also heard Trump will make chance of nuclear war even higher

rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:14:40 AM

Trump has different vision about financial / economy challenge
It means that bitcoin have their chance to grow as I can see that Trump will promote bitcoin indirectly
People also interest bitcoin as it has no tax to paid ( especially at my place )
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 11:13:34 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 11:24:28 AM by deisik

Sorry, maybe I misinterpreted Post #362

"It feels like you are more trying to convince yourself in what you say rather than me. Even if Trump is a dumbass, he is a damn good dumbass to convince half of the US to vote for him. Are half of the US dumbasses too? Personally, I would consider him as a genuine four-flusher and demagog as rare as one in a million. Are you going to challenge that point as well? In any case, for those of us who are living outside the US it will be a good show, and it certainly must go on!" (emphasis and color added for clarity)

half = 1/2 = 0.50 = 50% .... I didn't out right lie, nor did I try to misrepresent your numbers. Maybe we just have alternative facts?

Okay, I should have written that he convinced half of the voters since I obviously meant those who voted, though I agree that you could misconstrue it in the way you did. I didn't mean newborns, babies, kids, immigrants and those who don't have the right to vote as well as those who just chose not to vote at all. But this doesn't in the least mean that those who might but didn't vote are 100% against him as you are insinuating. You say that 60M of Americans are dumbasses, but I object to this in the way that you don't really know whether it is only 60M who are since you can't possibly know his real support in the American society but you still stubbornly assume that it is only limited to just 20%

So, according to you, the rest are not dumbasses, right?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: