Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:36:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?  (Read 30153 times)
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 04:10:01 PM

As soon as he finishes treating Mexicans, Muslims and females like shit he will turn his attention to Bitcoin

I think a minor correction wouldn't hurt anyone now

Other than that, there are many in-betweens between Bitcoin, on the one hand, and all these people on the other. Given the opposition Trump is now facing, I think it will take a long time before Donald finally decides to nuke Bitcoin. It is quite possible that 4 years (personally, I hope for 8 as long as funny years) will be nowhere near enough. But during this time a lot of things may happen to Bitcoin even without Trump's direct intervention

Donald Trump has the lowest approval ratings of any President in US history. His ratings are worse than Richard Nixon's ratings were right before they were going to impeach him.

I really just want Trump to never associate himself with Bitcoin at all. I don't want people to mentally connect Trump and bitcoin.

So, what about Trump's move to curtail the Dodd-Frank Act?  The guy doesn't care anything about the working class....he is out for himself and his cronies, period.  He may even attack bitcoin soon....You see how he worries so much about money leaving the country?  He may take a stance on bitcoin similar to Russia's stance on bitcoin.  Will that be good?

I've been telling you the same a few times

But better late than never, to come to understand. Trump is a five-star four-flusher and an outright demagogue who ultimately cares only for his profits. On the other hand, do you really understand as well what is Russia's stance on bitcoin? I think the total majority of US bitcoiners would be happy if the US government (including the IRS) openly admitted that they are basically ignoring Bitcoin existence altogether, with the effect being that they don't care if you pay taxes on Bitcoin earnings or not

--snipped meme--

If the USA banned bitcoin for individual use and made it a crime to use it within the country like it was in Russia, it would have a much larger effect on the currency.  California's economy alone is much larger than Russia's.  Yes, Russia has very recently (Nov 2016) changed it's stance some on bitcoin....but if Trump takes the stance that Russia once enforced, it would be bad!  Trump is in bed with the big bankers....the BIG BANKERS.  I think that those who are invested in bitcoin in the USA are of a different demographic then those who are invested elsewhere around the world and the results of a nationwide ban would be much different.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 04:58:46 PM

Trump is a business man he can also invest and make a lots of money. he can't ban bitcoin in US if he does whole US people may go against him.

I don’t think that trump will invest or promote bitcoin even if he is a businessman. We should not forget that he thinks that emails are also not secure and he is urging us to use postal mail in such situation how can we believe that he will promote something which is called money of internet.

* 'No computer is safe': Trump wants couriers, no emails.

Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:55:18 PM

Trump is a business man he can also invest and make a lots of money. he can't ban bitcoin in US if he does whole US people may go against him.
i think he has nt yet given any statement about this. but is also look like to me that he will take interest in bitcoin after solving the other issues. may be he consider bitcoin as legal currency.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:19:57 PM

Trump. " Wtf is a bitcoin?"

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:23:31 PM

Trump. " Wtf is a bitcoin?"

Are you serious with that? Shocked
How can a guy in that is so concerned about money not know about the other markets around his own money?
He is interested about making more with what he has right?
So why ignore the fact it is increasing as high gold's worth now.
He can't deny it any longer and will have to accept it side by side with his own money one day.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 11:22:51 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2017, 07:36:47 PM by deisik

But better late than never, to come to understand. Trump is a five-star four-flusher and an outright demagogue who ultimately cares only for his profits. On the other hand, do you really understand as well what is Russia's stance on bitcoin? I think the total majority of US bitcoiners would be happy if the US government (including the IRS) openly admitted that they are basically ignoring Bitcoin existence altogether, with the effect being that they don't care if you pay taxes on Bitcoin earnings or not

--snipped meme--

If the USA banned bitcoin for individual use and made it a crime to use it within the country like it was in Russia, it would have a much larger effect on the currency.  California's economy alone is much larger than Russia's.  Yes, Russia has very recently (Nov 2016) changed it's stance some on bitcoin....but if Trump takes the stance that Russia once enforced, it would be bad!  Trump is in bed with the big bankers....the BIG BANKERS.  I think that those who are invested in bitcoin in the USA are of a different demographic then those who are invested elsewhere around the world and the results of a nationwide ban would be much different.

Bitcoin had never been banned in Russia

And Bitcoin possession was never a crime, either. You seem to be heavily misinformed on this issue. There were a lot of threats coming from the Russian Ministry of Finance, at the time when Herman Greff, the chief of the biggest Russain bank (Sbebank) had openly admitted he had some bitcoins himself. But these threats never came to fruition and were actually intended not against die-hard Bitcoin enthusiasts but primarily against ordinary people pouring their hard-earned money into Bitcoin (and losing soon thereafter)

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 12:02:55 PM

I don’t think that trump will invest or promote bitcoin even if he is a businessman. We should not forget that he thinks that emails are also not secure and he is urging us to use postal mail in such situation how can we believe that he will promote something which is called money of internet.

* 'No computer is safe': Trump wants couriers, no emails.

Donald Trump has more pressing issues right now than just focusing and minding bitcoin. Bitcoin is out of the radar of President Donald Trump, he doesnt mind bitcoin and it doesnt come to his mind to legalize bitcoin or to ban it. His administration will not affect the movement of bitcoin and he will not make any move against it. But if there will be big issues that are negative and has relation to bitcoins occurred, that will be the day when Trump will determine if bitcoin is good for USA or not.
BitcSeo

Activity: 1009
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 12:14:20 PM

Since the election of Trump to the new US President yesterday, many questions about Bitcoin arise.

Will he promote Bitcoin and make it a breakthrough? Will he even officially ban Bitcoin? Will he make such a bad economic (and monetary) policy that Bitcoin will be seen as an alternative for many?

What do you think, what will a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?

What to hear my own OPinion?

What  to hear my own OPinion?

What to hear my own OPinion

He will PACK them & give them to ALL his girlfriend's. That could be the reason to sudden rise in bitcoin price Grin Grin Grin

S🌏larplaNET  Rome🗺 🗺
BitcSeo

Activity: 1009
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 12:37:27 PM

Sure anyone who dislike payment of tax, should like & approve of virtual currency like bitcoin.

Easier to move money!! Grin Grin

S🌏larplaNET  Rome🗺 🗺
blockcha1n

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 02:39:52 PM

Sure anyone who dislike payment of tax, should like & approve of virtual currency like bitcoin.

Easier to move money!! Grin Grin

What does this have to do with Trump?

I think Trump is the next time busy with many things, but not with Bitcoin. He will have to try to hold the government together and solve many problems in the world. Bitcoin is a minor topic for him.

YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge Dice GameJackpotsRakebackPlay / Earn / Invest

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 07:09:29 PM

--snipped meme--

If the USA banned bitcoin for individual use and made it a crime to use it within the country like it was in Russia, it would have a much larger effect on the currency.  California's economy alone is much larger than Russia's.  Yes, Russia has very recently (Nov 2016) changed it's stance some on bitcoin....but if Trump takes the stance that Russia once enforced, it would be bad!  Trump is in bed with the big bankers....the BIG BANKERS.  I think that those who are invested in bitcoin in the USA are of a different demographic then those who are invested elsewhere around the world and the results of a nationwide ban would be much different.

And Bitcoin possession was never a crime, either. You seem to be heavily misinformed on this issue. There were a lot of threats coming from the Russian Ministry of Finance, at the time who Herman Greff, the chief of the biggest Russain bank (Sbebank) had openly admitted he had some bitcoins himself. But these threats never came to fruition and were actually intended not against die-hard Bitcoin enthusiasts but primarily against ordinary people pouring their hard-earned money into Bitcoin (and losing soon thereafter)

If the United States takes a similar stance as some of the prior Russian positions cited below, it would not be good.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/a-7-yr-prison-term-for-bitcoin-use-says-russian-finance-ministry/
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-bitcoin-idUSBREA1806620140209
http://www.cbr.ru/press/PR.aspx?file=27012014_1825052.htm
https://www.rt.com/news/222215-russia-bans-bitcoin-sites/

WCAMN

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:13:51 PM

I'm sure he will make a good use of Bitcoin (probably for himself) since he's a business guy at core.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 07:33:53 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2017, 07:44:16 PM by deisik

--snipped meme--

And Bitcoin possession was never a crime, either. You seem to be heavily misinformed on this issue. There were a lot of threats coming from the Russian Ministry of Finance, at the time who Herman Greff, the chief of the biggest Russain bank (Sbebank) had openly admitted he had some bitcoins himself. But these threats never came to fruition and were actually intended not against die-hard Bitcoin enthusiasts but primarily against ordinary people pouring their hard-earned money into Bitcoin (and losing soon thereafter)

If the United States takes a similar stance as some of the prior Russian positions cited below, it would not be good.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/a-7-yr-prison-term-for-bitcoin-use-says-russian-finance-ministry/

That's no more than bullying and fear mongering

You should look at the dates of the links you posted. The Russian Ministry of Finance has already changed their attitude 180 degrees. Basically, they declared that they were going to treat Bitcoin as a foreign currency. Just for your information, capital gains obtained through currency exchange operations are officially taxable in Russia, but this provision of the Russian Tax Code is not applied in practice. Further, the Tax Service of Russia itself also officially declared that they have nothing to do with Bitcoin altogether

cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 08:24:11 PM

--snipped meme--

If the USA banned bitcoin for individual use and made it a crime to use it within the country like it was in Russia, it would have a much larger effect on the currency.  California's economy alone is much larger than Russia's.  Yes, Russia has very recently (Nov 2016) changed it's stance some on bitcoin....but if Trump takes the stance that Russia once enforced, it would be bad!  Trump is in bed with the big bankers....the BIG BANKERS.  I think that those who are invested in bitcoin in the USA are of a different demographic then those who are invested elsewhere around the world and the results of a nationwide ban would be much different.

That's why I used the words "prior" and "was"

You should look at the dates of the links you posted. The Russian Ministry of Finance has already changed their attitude 180 degrees. Basically, they declared that they were going to treat Bitcoin as a foreign currency. Just for your information, capital gains obtained through currency exchange operations are officially taxable in Russia, but this provision of the Russian Tax Code is not applied in practice. Further, the Tax Service of Russia itself also officially declared that they have nothing to do with Bitcoin altogether

That's why I used the words "prior" and "was."  The citations were in direct reference to your statement above:
"And Bitcoin possession was never a crime, either. You seem to be heavily misinformed on this issue."

My argument is that if Trump took a stance similar to those stances I referenced above, then it would be bad for bitcoin.
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 03:10:23 AM

i don't think it really matters..... i think he don't even know about it and if he knows i dont think he or any other presidant have any issue with bitcoin..... i think in his time period bitcoin will continues its success......

actually, all Presidents will be more concerned with the Affairs of his country's more profitable, because the President is not only addressing an issue but also must solve a problem that became a benchmark of success. So, although the bitcoin undesirable by most countries to be discussed, but until now the bitcoin always provide excellence and also a very big advantage for all those who do so. Keep trying to do the best thing in the bitcoin: for it is the beginning where we get huge advantages
agamasrori

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:35:35 AM

i don't think it really matters..... i think he don't even know about it and if he knows i dont think he or any other presidant have any issue with bitcoin..... i think in his time period bitcoin will continues its success......

actually, all Presidents will be more concerned with the Affairs of his country's more profitable, because the President is not only addressing an issue but also must solve a problem that became a benchmark of success. So, although the bitcoin undesirable by most countries to be discussed, but until now the bitcoin always provide excellence and also a very big advantage for all those who do so. Keep trying to do the best thing in the bitcoin: for it is the beginning where we get huge advantages
even so, I think Mr. Trump support bitcoin because he supports the technology. but the cause of bitcoin prices rise when Mr. Trump to be president is because it causes the dollar and stock prices down.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:59:04 AM

even so, I think Mr. Trump support bitcoin because he supports the technology. but the cause of bitcoin prices rise when Mr. Trump to be president is because it causes the dollar and stock prices down.

I don't think he even knows what Bitcoin is. If you have seen his recent press conference, everything he said was just "handed over to him". I don't think he will affect the price of Bitcoin until and unless he starts a war with someone. Hopefully not.  Smiley

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 08:44:48 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 08:15:53 PM by deisik

That's why I used the words "prior" and "was."  The citations were in direct reference to your statement above:
"And Bitcoin possession was never a crime, either. You seem to be heavily misinformed on this issue."

My argument is that if Trump took a stance similar to those stances I referenced above, then it would be bad for bitcoin.

But I have to repeat that Bitcoin has never been banned in Russia

It doesn't matter what someone says even if it is an official stance on something (read their opinion). The Ministry of Finance cannot enact laws, this is outright beyond their scope. They can only propose a draft but if it doesn't get accepted by the legislative body and signed by the president, it will remain just that, i.e. only an opinion. Do you feel the difference? Regarding Trump, he is a distinguished loud mouth but even if he tries to actually implement something (not necessarily related to Bitcoin), his initiative may just get ignored. Wtf, he already tried to ban immigration and he was basically brushed off

cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 07:51:20 PM

That's why I used the words "prior" and "was."  The citations were in direct reference to your statement above:

It doesn't matter what someone says even if it is an official stance on something (read their opinion). The Ministry of Finance cannot enact laws, this is outright beyond their scope. They can only propose a draft but if it doesn't get accepted by the legislative body and signed by the president, it will remain just that, i.e. an opinion. Do you see the difference? Regarding Trump, he is a known loud mouth but even if he tries to actually implement something (not necessarily related to Bitcoin), his initiative may just get ignored. Wtf, he already tried to ban immigration and he was basically brushed off

Actually, his ban stance created a serious panic.  People are flooding into Canada....Mexican nationals are hiding in their homes....If he came out denouncing bitcoin and signed an executive order in those regards, I am pretty sure there would be a dump!  Maybe not everyone would dump, but it would be significant.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 04:35:43 AM

It doesn't matter what someone says even if it is an official stance on something (read their opinion). The Ministry of Finance cannot enact laws, this is outright beyond their scope. They can only propose a draft but if it doesn't get accepted by the legislative body and signed by the president, it will remain just that, i.e. an opinion. Do you see the difference? Regarding Trump, he is a known loud mouth but even if he tries to actually implement something (not necessarily related to Bitcoin), his initiative may just get ignored. Wtf, he already tried to ban immigration and he was basically brushed off

Actually, his ban stance created a serious panic.  People are flooding into Canada....Mexican nationals are hiding in their homes....If he came out denouncing bitcoin and signed an executive order in those regards, I am pretty sure there would be a dump!  Maybe not everyone would dump, but it would be significant.

I tend to disagree that his denouncement would bring about any serious consequences

We have seen the Chinese authorities openly attacking Bitcoin far beyond empty verbiage. Disallowing Bitcoin withdrawals as well as deposits from major Chinese exchanges is one step short of directly banning it. They tried it twice. The first time we saw something which could be loosely called a panic selling. But it didn't last long. The second time (when they disallowed withdrawals) the effect was almost negligible, and now we see price climbing to new highs. As to me, the effect of his public denouncement of Bitcoin would actually attract more attention to this coin and could in fact add to its popularity, not take from it

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: