Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:48:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?  (Read 30153 times)
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 10:19:39 AM

I think Tump means nothing to bitcoin. Nothing changed from election and bitcoin seems moving forward by it's own way. The one thing that Trump really can make to bitcoin is to make it elligle in the Unated States, to banks, shops accept it as any other fiat.

Bitcoin is already legit in the US as a traded commodity, though I'm not certain if companies can accept it directly as payment. Steam is accepting it, but it is an online business. In my view, the US companies could legitimately accept bitcoins, but they might have issues with accounting and paying taxes on their profits. Many exporters are seemingly in the same boat when they get the proceeds in foreign currency.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 01:47:18 PM

As a businessman. I think bitcoin can be mean for Trump. Not also for Trump but also for the economy. I expect in his management bitcoin will be more on exposure. But for me, even Trump dont support blockchain technology. Bitcoin will keep on rising since many people understand and starting to adopt this kind of currency.

Previously I really thought that Trump will do something about bitcoin since he primarily is a businessman before he becomes a president. But just recently according to the news I saw on the television President trump made a declaration that we will rest on business and focus on his job as a president of America as it is most necessary and important.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 02:23:34 PM

For me, I dont see the effect that Trump or emergence of anyone will have on Bitcoin. Expect President Trump either fully allows Bitcoin, or totally ban the currency that is the only time I can say its presidency will mean something for Bitcoin or nothing atall and that is even too early to decide now. The next 4 years will do justification to that.
evilgrin

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 02:59:38 PM

Bitcoin might have a rough time with Trump around.

Already the Dollar is soaring and the Yuan is crashing.

If this continues then it does not bode well for Bitcoin because most demand is coming from China.

This is fantastic for bitcoin
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 04:36:35 PM

I love this guess game. What will Trump do? At least its good that people ask that question. Most of the time their answer what will a president do would be - nothing. But right now a president that says he is a conservative people ask what he will do. Sorry, but Ive thought that conservative ment doing the least. World is just put on its head. Seriously.

The question should be put - how will bitcoin react to Trump. Well it already did. By being flat. And thats it. Thats what Trump as a coservative shall and will do - nothing. Maybe some dumb little talks and dumb little things.

If he will do something. Well..... it wont be important.

To cite a classic. If elections would change anything they would be disabled.
mrkevio

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 06:19:34 PM

Dollar rises together with Bitcoin. I don't know why but gold and silver prices are going down. This means somebody is manipulating that price and one day it'll skyrocket. I have a feeling that a big crash is going to come upon the markets soon. I spoke to many investors and people specialized in Bitcoin and Gold, and they all said something big is about to happen. The real question is WHEN is it going to happen. I think Trump will boost its price.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 08:32:16 AM

I love this guess game. What will Trump do? At least its good that people ask that question. Most of the time their answer what will a president do would be - nothing. But right now a president that says he is a conservative people ask what he will do. Sorry, but Ive thought that conservative ment doing the least. World is just put on its head. Seriously.

The question should be put - how will bitcoin react to Trump. Well it already did. By being flat. And thats it. Thats what Trump as a coservative shall and will do - nothing. Maybe some dumb little talks and dumb little things.

Bitcoin being flat? Where have you been?

It has been growing for the last two months, and yesterday it seemed to have made a new high after the Mt. Gox rise and fall. Indeed, that may not be related to Trump whatever (and most likely is not), but to say that Bitcoin has been flat is bordering on either utter ignorance or deliberate misinformation

Bitcoin is anything but a flat-liner

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:00:49 AM

I am  predicting that he will promote the idea that Bitcoin farms should be located in USA and not in China...and would give many incentives to locators to offset electricity cost. As a successful businessman, I am sure that Trump would easily recognized the full potential of cryptocurrency to affect global economy and that USA should be on the forefront on this new industry.

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:04:08 AM

I am  predicting that he will promote the idea that Bitcoin farms should be located in USA and not in China...and would give many incentives to locators to offset electricity cost. As a successful businessman, I am sure that Trump would easily recognized the full potential of cryptocurrency to affect global economy and that USA should be on the forefront on this new industry.

Even I have the same intuition that he shall promote Bitcoin either directly or indirectly. He's a businessman and he wants usa to have all business and what's better to get Bitcoin from the 🐉 mouth. That will be a big victory for him. It could be a game changer for Bitcoin industry overall.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:39:43 AM

In my point of view someone like Donald trump will not doing something that will against bitcoin or banning bitcoin in the United States. Donald trump doesn't too care about bitcoin, even if he does he will support bitcoin and give more facilities for bitcoin's user.
I just give my opinion maybe many people that aren't my side  Wink

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

serbad

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:42:23 AM

Even I have the same intuition that he shall promote Bitcoin either directly or indirectly. He's a businessman and he wants usa to have all business and what's better to get Bitcoin from the 🐉 mouth. That will be a big victory for him. It could be a game changer for Bitcoin industry overall.
To promote ultimately he would have to convert his holdings to btc.!!!
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 11:05:26 AM

you are thinking too much about it, he is not going to ever do that.
the most he may do is to not mess with bitcoin much like banning it or installing some ridiculous laws about taxing bitcoin more than it should be.

the electricity cost alone doesn't allow mining to be profitable in US. Chinese miners that you see are profiting is because they have both the equipment at a much lower cost and also they have special contracts directly with electricity providers that makes their electricity very cheap none of these two main things can be done in US.

Only Bitcoin
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 11:24:47 AM

you are thinking too much about it, he is not going to ever do that.
the most he may do is to not mess with bitcoin much like banning it or installing some ridiculous laws about taxing bitcoin more than it should be.

the electricity cost alone doesn't allow mining to be profitable in US. Chinese miners that you see are profiting is because they have both the equipment at a much lower cost and also they have special contracts directly with electricity providers that makes their electricity very cheap none of these two main things can be done in US.

Why can't the President elect make new laws and make electricity cheaper and effective for the USA miners after all he has all the powers. Plus he has been anti China and his policies are shown and now even China is pissed off. The best way for trump to beat China now would be is to take btc away,but like you say it can't happen my question is can't he have the power to make it happen?
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 11:25:40 AM

The future decisions of the Newly Elect President Trump are what will affect Bitcoin. I think Trump can understand what Bitcoin is and what it can do, or maybe he already knows about it. He can also apply his knowledge to improve Bitcoin. He didn't get rich without knowledge right? I guess we'll see if something happens.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sibilant_doge

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 12:18:23 PM

Dollar rises together with Bitcoin. I don't know why but gold and silver prices are going down. This means somebody is manipulating that price and one day it'll skyrocket. I have a feeling that a big crash is going to come upon the markets soon. I spoke to many investors and people specialized in Bitcoin and Gold, and they all said something big is about to happen. The real question is WHEN is it going to happen. I think Trump will boost its price.

It is fully expected and natural for the overall valuation of the stock market to drop. If/when the federal reserve interest rate is raised (no more free loans to banks), the risk free rate will increase. This sets a higher performance bar for traditional stocks and securities in terms of P/E ratio. Companies have two options. Increase their earnings, or expect a drop in share price. A drop in share price won't be the end of the world, it just means the stocks are effectively "on sale", and healthy returns on investment will once again be more accessible to the common folk.

The people who will be more damaged are those who bought into value stocks when prices were inflated. These will be companies which don't pay out a dividend but derive their valuation form expected growth.
Przemax

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 04:39:26 PM

It has been growing for the last two months, and yesterday it seemed to have made a new high after the Mt. Gox rise and fall. Indeed, that may not be related to Trump whatever (and most likely is not), but to say that Bitcoin has been flat is bordering on either utter ignorance or deliberate misinformation

Bitcoin is mainly flat in general after the Trump being elected. The price rise had started way earlier. Weve just tested the previous resistant line established in July 2016. It would have happen in any possible cases because thats how graphs behave. Growth had started in October and they gravitate around the local ath that was established 1 november. It has nothing to do with Trump.  If you dont know what resistance we are in. You might soon see, either huuuge way up or huge way down. Just wait for it.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 05:02:04 PM

President Trump Goal is a Stronger U$ Dollar.

Price of Bitcoin , Gold , Silver , Oil , will all get cheaper as the U$ Dollar Rises.  Wink

Within the Year 2017 the U$ Economy will begin to POWER UP!!!

Cool
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 08:02:37 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2016, 10:35:10 PM by deisik

Bitcoin is mainly flat in general after the Trump being elected. The price rise had started way earlier. Weve just tested the previous resistant line established in July 2016. It would have happen in any possible cases because thats how graphs behave. Growth had started in October and they gravitate around the local ath that was established 1 november. It has nothing to do with Trump.  If you dont know what resistance we are in. You might soon see, either huuuge way up or huge way down. Just wait for it.

Are you sure you are talking about Bitcoin?

I grabbed another price chart starting from October, 1, and as you can see below, there is no flat line on the chart, whichever way you might choose to look at it. In fact, from October, 10 we can correctly approximate the rising trend with a perfect straight line, and the price doesn't flatten out in any conceivable way after Trump had been elected. I don't really know how you can find a flat line here:

If only in the first two decades of October, at most, i.e. less than three weeks before the elections

nara1892

Activity: 1568
Merit: 654

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:21:13 PM

I think that he doesn't have any opinion about Bitcoin and just doesn't care. The question is has he even heard of it. He made his fortune on different way and that is what bothers him.
Don't think that the fact he's been elected will influence Bitcoin in good or bad way.

I agree. probably he said bitcoin to impress people to choose him as a president. but I see he does not really care about bitcoin, and I am not sure he really knows what bitcoin is. even if he was serious about bitcoin, probably he would promote it to the people, but I am not really sure. imo.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:43:32 PM

I think that he doesn't have any opinion about Bitcoin and just doesn't care. The question is has he even heard of it. He made his fortune on different way and that is what bothers him.
Don't think that the fact he's been elected will influence Bitcoin in good or bad way.

I agree. probably he said bitcoin to impress people to choose him as a president. but I see he does not really care about bitcoin, and I am not sure he really knows what bitcoin is. even if he was serious about bitcoin, probably he would promote it to the people, but I am not really sure. imo.
I think Trump in contrast to Hillary know more about Bitcoin than we may assume. He is supported by people who are known to be Bitcoin enthusiasts.
The Silicon Valley's billionaire and known supporter of Bitcoin Peter Thiel agreed to work in the team of the elected US president:
thttp://cwt.top/news/570/known-supporter-of-bitcoin-peter-thiel-joins-trump-s-transitiona
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: