Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:58:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?  (Read 30153 times)
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:07:47 AM

The first 100 days of the presidency are always the most important, so I think depending on the moves and agenda set by the president in the spring, the value of bitcoin will fluctuate pretty rapidly. If his decisions and agenda cause a lot of economic and political worries or panic, then maybe bitcoin will reach $1100 again sooner than we think.

I think you are for the most part right... I think you could definitely make the argument that speculation will wait until the Trump presidency actually begins and he starts actually acting as the president.  You know, it's kind of funny, speculators for fiat, precious metals, and cryptocurrencies have been just speculating on how they think the president will be and what it would mean for the global economy.  It's going to be interesting to see what the global markets do when the protests start up tomorrow.

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:58:47 AM

Since the election of Trump to the new US President yesterday, many questions about Bitcoin arise.

Will he promote Bitcoin and make it a breakthrough? Will he even officially ban Bitcoin? Will he make such a bad economic (and monetary) policy that Bitcoin will be seen as an alternative for many?

What do you think, what will a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?

We really don't know if President Trump are much aware in bitcoin. It can be that somebody here is just using his name only for thinking to deceive others to make the value of trumpcoin will increase. For so many responsibilities in his shoulder as a president in U.S, it is lucky for us if He will make a laws about in bitcoin that is 'IF" He knows Bitcoin for real.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:04:16 AM

At this point it is unwise to assume that Trump is living in the dark and doesn't know what bitcoin is.
The truth is - bitcoin is rather insignificant phenomena, especially compared to other problems Trump needs to take care of first.
Don't expect him to tweet tomorrow "Hey guys, I heard Bitcoin is amazing. Buy it!'. Just be glad that he is not bashing it.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:35:37 AM

Since the election of Trump to the new US President yesterday, many questions about Bitcoin arise.

Will he promote Bitcoin and make it a breakthrough? Will he even officially ban Bitcoin? Will he make such a bad economic (and monetary) policy that Bitcoin will be seen as an alternative for many?

What do you think, what will a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?
Actually not many have thought trump will win this election.

Many have speculated that Trump will support bitcoin and blockchain based startups but he have to announce something related to bitcoin support officially after he become president.

I don't think he will officially ban bitcoin for sure, he seem to know how bitcoin can help the economy and increase transparency/security to financial transaction. Better to Wait and watch, what will be coming about bitcoin from Whitehouse.

Yeah until now there is still not a official statement from white house ( from Donald trump ) about he supports or even ban bitcoin . But in my point of view bitcoin is currency that a part of people use it as living if Donald trump ban bitcoin and prohibited to use bitcoin, that part of people will lose their living.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:59:48 AM

in fact, I do not know what connects with the president trump bitcoin. My only guess about this. yah. after trump was elected president, the price rose to a higher bitcoin. so, I think this is somewhat related. until now I am still looking for information about it.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 07:25:30 AM

in fact, I do not know what connects with the president trump bitcoin. My only guess about this. yah. after trump was elected president, the price rose to a higher bitcoin. so, I think this is somewhat related. until now I am still looking for information about it.

Well you can draw your own correlation but I know he has no direct influence on Bitcoin except the US dollar which I'm pretty sure he's going to mess it up by his policies and indirectly Bitcoin might gain value against the US dollar in that regard. Apart from that Trump will be of no use to the Bitcoin community.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 07:47:12 AM

The first 100 days of the presidency are always the most important, so I think depending on the moves and agenda set by the president in the spring, the value of bitcoin will fluctuate pretty rapidly. If his decisions and agenda cause a lot of economic and political worries or panic, then maybe bitcoin will reach $1100 again sooner than we think.
I don’t think he is going to be that bad, it seems wall street likes him, and that is not a surprise since he is one of them, so I don't expect a lot of movement in bitcoin influenced by Trump policies.
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1246
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 10:10:35 AM

United States is the most powerful country in the world, the President now is Donald Trump and what he want do will do. Maybe there is no issue for the president about bitcoin may he doesn't care for it. Even the bitcoin is illegal he let it to proceed to enter in his country. And maybe also he knows many of his people using a bitcoin and if he remove or banned bitcoin it affects their economy because what if his rich people hope only in bitcoin, the people  who is rich will became to poor and because of poority they cannot afford the luxury items. And that is Donald Trump mean about bitcoin for me.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
vlight

Activity: 656

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:21:16 PM

Really can't see how Trump could be a negative for Bitcoin. Not in the near future anyway. Now BTC is too small in the grand scheme of things.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:42:10 PM

Trump said he would bring dollars and industries back to USA.

If he does so, the chinese will be affected and the yuan will fall, and most other currencies will fall too.

Then people will go Bitcoin to protect their wealth, and BTC price will rise

There already is a correlaction between the devaluation of the chinese money

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 02:00:47 PM

I was reading some thread yesterday that after inauguration of trump we all will see some serious jump in the price of bitcoin. But I don't see it have changed somehow. So now it's obvious that Trump have nothing with bitcoin and the price of it.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 02:29:13 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2017, 02:54:20 PM by deisik

If he does so, the chinese will be affected and the yuan will fall, and most other currencies will fall too

This is what you think

But this doesn't mean that it will really happen. I mean that the Chinese Yuan and other currencies should necessarily fall. That would obviously make his whole idea of "bringing dollars back to USA" fall flat without producing the intended effect. Bringing dollars home basically means devaluing the dollar itself against other currencies to make American goods competitive in the international markets. How this could cause most other currencies to fall is unclear since this is not what Trump and his buddies are looking for

American citizens should understand at last that making America great again may not in fact mean making the American dollar stronger

crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 02:52:17 PM

Now that President Trump is now in the seat of the president, he has become more powerful and probably protected. He is a businessman, and he cares about all his businesses. His goals are to make America great and to bring power back to the people. I think he could do something if he is given a chance. There are only two people that run for the presidency, and I think the people have been given few choices.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
soul-impact

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:58:06 PM

I was reading some thread yesterday that after inauguration of trump we all will see some serious jump in the price of bitcoin. But I don't see it have changed somehow. So now it's obvious that Trump have nothing with bitcoin and the price of it.
Because it is obvious that trump will be the next USA president. Nothing can change that fact. Therefore, the inauguration of Trump is not a surprising event which can shock the world anymore. However, if the situation keep floating like this, I believe that Trump will do some significant project which can affect bitcoin a lot in a positive way

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:07:44 PM

If he does so, the chinese will be affected and the yuan will fall, and most other currencies will fall too.

Yes. Americans will still trust in the dollar, and with the Fed raising interest rates, will be happy to keep their savings in dollars. But people in other countries, especially autocracies like China, will be looking to get their money out, especially as they devalue.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
valta4065

Activity: 826

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:10:30 PM

Yes. Americans will still trust in the dollar, and with the Fed raising interest rates, will be happy to keep their savings in dollars. But people in other countries, especially autocracies like China, will be looking to get their money out, especially as they devalue.

Lol, like they have a choice xD
Let's get real, btc isn't gonna replace dollars...
Not now, not tomorrow. It just won't.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
andremd3

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:22:54 PM

Lol at anybody thinking Trump knows anything about cryptocurency(outside of maybe one of his advisors telling him it might be a quick way to make a buck).

Guy is a 70 old technophobe (outside of twitter).

Dont want him anywhere near bitcoin.
chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:38:17 PM

Lol at anybody thinking Trump knows anything about cryptocurency(outside of maybe one of his advisors telling him it might be a quick way to make a buck).

Guy is a 70 old technophobe (outside of twitter).

Dont want him anywhere near bitcoin.

Trump really does silly things but after all he is a pretty good business man and yes i guess trump really does understand how cryptocurrency works and if ever he might be a big boom in the bitcoin industry that is how i see things
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 05:12:37 PM

He'll boost the value way above expectations  Tongue

The Americans that really can't stand him will move out of the country and convert all their liquidize-able assets to Bitcoin. It'll be the Cyprus spike all over again. (theoretically ofc)

But in all honesty seeing the events in the past few days this may not be far off. 
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 05:22:25 PM

Trump is somebody from whome you do not know his next step.
That incertainty might bring some people to put a part of their investments into now forms of investments, and one of them could be bitcoin.
On the other hand he wants to put America first and has made out China to be a big competitor for the US.
Most of the mining farms are in China, so I can imagine that if bitcoin becomes more popular, he might try to develope moves we all will not like.

It's me!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: