Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:30:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch [2] countdown!  (Read 141505 times)
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:49:44 PM

Seems my 13XX order is closing. Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bowjob (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:56:52 PM

You ordered on the 18th?

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:20:21 PM

You ordered on the 18th?
Yes
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:53:13 PM

Do you mean "getting closer"?  Or it is closed as in delivered?

I do not mean to insult you, I just didn't understand your choice of words.  Did you receive tracking info yet?
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:09:45 PM

please elaborate what you mean.   Do you mean it has shipped?
TwinTurbo

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:37:08 PM

please elaborate what you mean.   Do you mean it has shipped?

I am pretty sure he means "closing in" which means "getting closer."

I had placed an order on the 18th as well, first thing when they went online, and I have yet to receive any shipping updates.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:07:17 PM

I'm starting to think that Avalon likes to string along customers, setting up expectations and then silently failing to meet them.

Yes . This is exactly the case.

I continue to be surprised at how many people do not realize this.

They've been doing exactly this for many months.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
iammagicmike

Activity: 149

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:42:46 PM

Delivered today Smiley

how loud are both of them together?

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LTC: LPGSryKuT2BaEcDBg6VWHwusXj5N8ynu3M
iammagicmike

Activity: 149

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:57:34 PM

Same here. I've opened up two tickets (Feb 3 and Apr 20) with no responses.

Even worse is their April 15 newletter said this "we are in also the process of merging many earlier problematic orders, if your order still does not show up in the store by Friday of the 19th please open another ticket."

So I went an opened up a ticket since my order didn't show up in the store by April 19th. Still nothing. No order in the store, no reply to my ticket.

I'm starting to think that Avalon likes to string along customers, setting up expectations and then silently failing to meet them.

I've heard that Avalon has been spammed by all of us with our excessive tickets.  Some people will open a new almost daily asking When will my Avalon ship?  Other people will offer to pay extra to cut in line to get their order shipped sooner.  Avalon's staff is not that large, there is probably only one person staffed answering tickets. 

I don't think that they have decided to ignore you and everyone else that hasn't had a reply, I believe that they have decided to focus their resources towards actually producing their miners.  Avalon still has to operate on a budget and they still have expenses to manage.  If they decided to reallocate their staff to answer every ticket that they receive then production would likely fall delaying the shipment of their miners.  Naturally, this would upset all of us that preordered and a whole new wave of time-wasting support tickets would continuously come flooding in. 

I'd rather have my Avalon shipped sooner than have someone answering all of the support tickets.  It sucks that the majority of support tickets are from people that constantly spam Avalon are preventing others from receiving the important support that they need, but there really is no easy way to fix this problem. 

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LTC: LPGSryKuT2BaEcDBg6VWHwusXj5N8ynu3M
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:01:38 PM

I'd rather have my Avalon shipped sooner than have someone answering all of the support tickets.  It sucks that the majority of support tickets are from people that constantly spam Avalon are preventing others from receiving the important support that they need, but there really is no easy way to fix this problem.
I would just like to point you out that you have no evidence at all of what you are sayng, you only have yu fi's word.
I have experience managing hundreds of tickets per day and i can assure you that a) it's not a problem b) you take as much as 2/3 seconds to detect "spammy" requests, or requests you would not lose time replying.

The point is that they don't care, as simple as that.

Anyway, how many units are they shipping? 3 per day? Just to keep the forum full of happy posts? Or what? Also, and this is a tricky question, where do these units comes from, since that their smt line is obliuvsly not online?

(tadaaaa)

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
WinTame2012

Activity: 315

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 07:08:03 PM

I'd rather have my Avalon shipped sooner than have someone answering all of the support tickets.  It sucks that the majority of support tickets are from people that constantly spam Avalon are preventing others from receiving the important support that they need, but there really is no easy way to fix this problem.
I would just like to point you out that you have no evidence at all of what you are sayng, you only have yu fi's word.
I have experience managing hundreds of tickets per day and i can assure you that a) it's not a problem b) you take as much as 2/3 seconds to detect "spammy" requests, or requests you would not lose time replying.

The point is that they don't care, as simple as that.

Anyway, how many units are they shipping? 3 per day? Just to keep the forum full of happy posts? Or what? Also, and this is a tricky question, where do these units comes from, since that their smt line is obliuvsly not online?

(tadaaaa)
cedivad, are you an Avalon customer with waiting order?

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:15:48 PM

Yes, i'm proudly waiting since Feb'18...
I, for once, have had faith into the chineses... Never again.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
WinTame2012

Activity: 315

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 07:51:21 PM

Yes, i'm proudly waiting since Feb'18...
I, for once, have had faith into the chineses... Never again.
So do many of us (waits). Why you are so restless?

You think Americans/Europeans can't be in their situation? I think there are much more of unhappy customers of bASIC/BFL.

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:28:08 PM

So do many of us (waits). Why you are so restless?

You think Americans/Europeans can't be in their situation? I think there are much more of unhappy customers of bASIC/BFL.
My problem with waiting is the lack of communications and explainations for the delay.
When they initially annunced that they would have some delay (since that they needed a much deserved holiday) and that they would ship "super fast" before the end of april, i was actually happy with it. It was a good compromise.

Now, with the network difficulty skyrocketing and them yet unable to explain the delays, well, this is what makes me restless. I'm restless in the sense that i'm hopeless, i've started not to care about these units and their roi. However, i feel stab in the back from avalon and their delays.

Does anyone remembers yufi saying that "the diffuculty won't skyrocket anytime soon" (they where starting to sell batch 3 at the time). Well, i remember what was written in the shirt that he was wearing. "don't take investment suggestions from me seriusly". Irony, uh?

SellingMyGPUs

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:33:22 PM

I've heard that Avalon has been spammed by all of us with our excessive tickets.  Some people will open a new almost daily asking When will my Avalon ship?  Other people will offer to pay extra to cut in line to get their order shipped sooner.  Avalon's staff is not that large, there is probably only one person staffed answering tickets. 

And I've heard that if you assign a low level guy that can read and sort through the tickets each day for a dedicated 60 minutes per day, the whole backlog would not exist in the first place.

These are just all excuses, of course if you don't bother to reply to emails and tickets and let things accumulate for weeks then you end up with a mountain of work which is depressing to address.

Seriously, we are barely at ticket #900 in the support system, collected over 4 months time. Let's say 3 months. That is 10 tickets per day. The guy would have to spend 5 minutes on each minute to say either "no go away" or pass it onto somebody who can actually fix the problem. He would still have 10 minutes spare to get a coffee and a smoke.

There is no need to have any other communication channel other than the ticket system. Just bounce the emails and tell people to open a ticket with the proper documentation.

How else do you think bigger companies deal with 100's of requests each day? You have a first level filter and then the important stuff floats up.

How much do you need to pay a student to do this? EUR 20 per hour? I bet you can even get a volunteer here to do it for free.

I'd rather have my Avalon shipped sooner than have someone answering all of the support tickets.  It sucks that the majority of support tickets are from people that constantly spam Avalon are preventing others from receiving the important support that they need, but there really is no easy way to fix this problem. 

Until you end up being that one guy whose ticket was never processed to update his shipping address. Or add a phone number. And then your shipment can't be processed. You'll loose another week or so and then you'll start posting here too ;-)

So the easy solution you propose is to ignore all incoming communication? You work at DMV?

It seems they just go through all the orders and just address the problems that pop up.

Most of the issues could have been fixed in the last 2 months before there was even a rush or urgency.

Now it will all become very dramatic and rush rush to get things fixed.

"sorry, we can't complete this order because your phone number is missing" can be avoided if somebody would just take the trouble to go over all the orders in the month february and check them. Or even automatically email the people that placed the order and tell them to check it themselves.
btcsql

Activity: 292

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:38:59 PM

No word back yet but it is very disheartening to see people who ordered 2 weeks later than myself having their units shipped. Hypothetically what would we do if we never receive our units? I see a few from Batch 1 that have still yet to get delivery.
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 09:56:06 PM

Great News! Received DHL tracking for my Feb 17th order. Bad News! I have heard nothing about my Feb 3rd order's. Feb 17th order I did receive an order number for. Feb 3rd is the Walletbit purchase issue.

I am not sure how they are going to let people know about Walletbit orders. DHL tracking and all since they where never entered into the Avalon Store.

Yes I did open a support ticket on both Feb 3rd orders on Feb 4th. However, I received no reply.

All my orders where purchased as Guest.

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
btcsql

Activity: 292

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:08:53 AM

Great News! Received DHL tracking for my Feb 17th order. Bad News! I have heard nothing about my Feb 3rd order's. Feb 17th order I did receive an order number for. Feb 3rd is the Walletbit purchase issue.

I am not sure how they are going to let people know about Walletbit orders. DHL tracking and all since they where never entered into the Avalon Store.

Yes I did open a support ticket on both Feb 3rd orders on Feb 4th. However, I received no reply.

Nice! That's great news. Btw -- sweet bike, what is that?
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 01:19:29 AM

Nice! That's great news. Btw -- sweet bike, what is that?

2006 Suzuki GSXR600. Was one of Safety First Racing "A" bikes.  Use it for track days Smiley

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:19:47 AM

I knew that wallet bit fiasco was going to come back and haunt users.
Team Avalon can somehow make an asic miner but cannot handle user orders. Mind boggling.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: