Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:10:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Zcash worth to invest in it?  (Read 36130 times)
Vasetar

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:36:35 AM

This is very unlikely. If this technology achieves this level of success, it will be only a matter of time before someone implements it in a Bitcoin sidechain.

Yeah. Since Zcash is just a clone from Bitcoin, with the addition of Zero Knowledge Proofs, it can easily be ported into the pioneer cryptocurrency itself. So, implementing it into a sidechain would be ideal to reduce load from the main net.

When this becomes achieved, people will use Bitcoin more than ZCash, due to the privacy features, as well as being the top cryptocurrency in market cap.

Nevertheless, anything is possible in crypto land, and it should only be a matter of time before ZEC remains as the top Zero Knowledge proof cryptocurrency, or another one takes the lead.

We were just talking in a thread to promise that the cash was going to $1,000, LOL. Zcash is garbage it always was garbage and it's always going to be garbage the development team has nothing has no coding experience and all they did was clone a coin flip a few numbers in it changed a little bit in the coding and then put it out there like it's some kind of new special thing. If garbage is new well then I guess it is new.

You do have a point there, mate. ZCash is basically Bitcoin with a few tweaks such as ZK-SNARKs and founder's reward. Given that it has the same codebase as the pioneer cryptocurrency, its features can become easily implemented into Bitcoin itself.

If Bitcoin adopts this technology, then ZEC may lose its value since people would prefer to use the top and most popular cryptocurrency to secure their transactions. Add to this the upcoming smart contracts feature for Bitcoin provided by Rootstock, and the pioneer cryptocurrency will become the biggest blockchain ecosystem in the world.

With this in mind, ZEC would have a hard time to reach its original price levels, unless something new and exciting comes up for it. Just my thoughts Grin

If the bitcoin adopts that technology, it might not be used by main stream users. So I think ZEC position is still secure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:38:24 PM

If the bitcoin adopts that technology, it might not be used by main stream users. So I think ZEC position is still secure.

Maybe. It would be a matter of choice, if people decide to use more ZEC with its privacy features, or stay with Bitcoin. The pioneer cryptocurrency may gain better traction if it manages to adopt ZEC's privacy technology, but I believe that ZEC will remain in crypto land since it was the original cryptocurrency which brought this idea.

ZEC may be good in its technology and all, but it lacks cross-platform compatibility, and user friendliness which are the keys to any cryptocurrency's success. The dev team for ZEC is real slow, lacking to bring real innovation into the cryptocurrency other than its privacy feature itself. So the only thing that ZCash has which is unique is its privacy feature. Other than that, it is just a Bitcoin clone. Just sharing my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
newtybar

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:46:46 PM

Maybe. It would be a matter of choice, if people decide to use more ZEC with its privacy features, or stay with Bitcoin. The pioneer cryptocurrency may gain better traction if it manages to adopt ZEC's privacy technology, but I believe that ZEC will remain in crypto land since it was the original cryptocurrency which brought this idea.

ZEC may be good in its technology and all, but it lacks cross-platform compatibility, and user friendliness which are the keys to any cryptocurrency's success. The dev team for ZEC is real slow, lacking to bring real innovation into the cryptocurrency other than its privacy feature itself. So the only thing that ZCash has which is unique is its privacy feature. Other than that, it is just a Bitcoin clone. Just sharing my thoughts Grin

Some other privacy coins (Verge and Monero) are making some gains too with active communities.  Competition is healthy though.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:14:48 PM

Some other privacy coins (Verge and Monero) are making some gains too with active communities.  Competition is healthy though.

Yeah. These coins have actively development and community support indeed, but it is only a matter of time, which proves to become the most widely used anon coin in the markets. They all have unique technologies, each with their flaws and advantages making the competition fierce among which becomes the top cryptocurrency in delivering strong anonymity.

But, if Bitcoin manages to integrate privacy into its transactions, then all other anon coins will be left behind, as people would use the pioneer cryptocurrency more for their daily transactions since it is the most prominent one in market cap.

Nevertheless, only time will tell if all these privacy oriented coins like ZCash will have a bright future or not. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
tranle789

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:19:01 PM

Zcash is very suitable for those who want to invest long term in this altcoin because the altcoin price is currently a very stable price. I think in the future this altcoin will have higher price
DetectorToken

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:33:07 PM

It is clearly overvalued and their technology doesn't impress me, I would just invest in Monero instead of ZCASH.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:41:31 PM

I think it's still good at least for the short term (about 1 year). Things that make Zcash continue to improve is the certainty of developers to continue to provide innovation and simplify the user.
Edwardbn

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:55:52 PM

In order to remain equally interchangeable, units of cryptocurrency must be unlinked from their history so that one unit is as good as any other unit. Zcash brings fungibility to cryptocurrency by unlinking shielded coins from their history on the blockchain.
Smith13c

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:57:54 PM

In the pre-digital currency world, both individuals and enterprises could justifibly assume that their financial transactions would be kept confidential. With Zcash, users can enjoy the advantages of using a public blockchain, while still being sure that their private information is protected.
Robertshc

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:58:58 PM

Zcash is a decentralized and open-source cryptocurrency that offers privacy and selective transparency of transactions. Zcash payments are published on a public blockchain, but the sender, recipient, and amount of a transaction remain private.
Zcash is based on peer-reviewed cryptographic research, and built by a security-specialized engineering team on an open source platform based on Bitcoin Core's battle-tested codebase. Our improvement over Bitcoin is the addition of privacy. Zcash uses advanced cryptographic techniques, namely zero-knowledge proofs, to guarantee the validity of transactions without revealing additional information about them.
Higginbotham

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:13:16 AM

With the plan above, a dream team of investors stepped up to fund the Zcash Company, because they believe in our mission, and in the value of this technology for all kinds of people and industries.
We have closed a $1M funding round with these investors. By acquiring a stake in the Zcash Company, they stand to benefit both from the Founders Reward as well as from the value of any other products that the Zcash Company may create.
I am grateful to them for giving us the opportunity to do this and for the valuable business expertise they are providing.
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:32:31 AM

I think it's still good at least for the short term (about 1 year). Things that make Zcash continue to improve is the certainty of developers to continue to provide innovation and simplify the user.
LOL, are you kidding me =))? One year is long time and can't say it's short term, this is crypto market, not like Gold or Stock, the volatility of crypto market strong and fast than them. So, one year is long term and usually after this time have many change the price of altcoin, example Ethereum, Stratis, Litecoin, Bitcoin ...

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████