Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:25:43 AM

same thing happend the creator of minecraft when his paypal account suddenly jumped to 750k. paypal freeze it until they check out whats going on

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:26:00 AM

The situation is starting to get embarrassing. really.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:38:11 AM

same thing happend the creator of minecraft when his paypal account suddenly jumped to 750k. paypal freeze it until they check out whats going on

Paypal is known to be picky when dealing with accounts freezing. It's common knowledge. Even a person like me, that has zero paypal based business, knows that you have to tell them in advance if you forecast a great spike in your incoming cash flow, otherwise this kind of thing will trigger their anti-fraud mechanism in the 99% of the times.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:43:45 AM

Could well be trolls from this forum trying their best to stop Paypal from accepting payment. ORSoC are a known and legitimate development team and there seem to be a few people here hellbent in ensuring they don't succeed in this...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:10:24 AM

Could well be trolls from this forum trying their best to stop Paypal from accepting payment. ORSoC are a known and legitimate development team and there seem to be a few people here hellbent in ensuring they don't succeed in this...

Could be everything for what is worth.

Are you sure they are using an OrSoC paypal account?

Anyway regarding that paypal issue just google for "paypal freeze" and you will be surprised by the high number of blocked account cases .
This could be seen as a extenuating circumstance if you want to look at it in a positive way.

To be honest I really do hope that on tomorrow's open day KnC/OrSoC will clear any doubts about projects viability. But looking at how things are going on recently it could be nothing more than wishful thinking.

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:16:57 AM

what does this mean

Order ID: 653

The desired goods: KNC Bitcoin miner numbers 1-500

Quantity: 1

I'm the first 1-500 but my order ID is 653 ? and does it mean I can order only one rig of either Jupiter or Saturn ? coz I tried to add many into the shopping cart and it allowed me.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:17:21 AM

Anyway regarding that paypal issue just google for "paypal freeze" and you will be surprised by the high number of blocked account cases .
This could be seen as a extenuating circumstance if you want to look at it in a positive way.

To be honest I really do hope that on tomorrow's open day KnC/OrSoC will clear any doubts about projects viability. But looking at how things are going on recently it could be nothing more than wishful thinking.

Look bro, you have 24 hours to give the guys going any requests you may have to 'clear up' anything you may be uncertain of.

Don't be shy, PM Daggeteo, JohnyJ, 600Watt and ask them for clarity on a), b), c)...etc. whatever concerns you may have. You have no excuse to complain about anything after today, that you can have closure on tomorrow.

If there is anyway a particular answer can be confused, make sure your request/question is raised in a manner that alleviates that confusion.

Common sense...

dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:56:21 AM

Tomorrow will be open day of KNCMiner?

A lot of us are counting on you guys to give us your unbiased opinion and comments and feedback.
sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:23:22 PM

Look bro, you have 24 hours to give the guys going any requests you may have to 'clear up' anything you may be uncertain of.

There's no need of asking anything more than what's already on the plate.  I'm well aware of the list of questions the community had contributed to create in this and other thread. I find it pretty exhaustive. I'm only saying that the last few issues (Mars cancelled, paypal payment method suspended, quite questionable T&C) left a bad taste in my mouth.  It's a matter of 'faith' there's no way for me to ask any kind of questions that will change the way I see it at the moment.  That's my gut feeling. 

Don't be shy, PM Daggeteo, JohnyJ, 600Watt and ask them for clarity on a), b), c)...etc. whatever concerns you may have. You have no excuse to complain about anything after today, that you can have closure on tomorrow.

I'm not shy by the way and neither I'm searching for excuses to voice my concerns, really. I just want to share my opinion with the community.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:28:49 PM

There's no need of asking anything more than what's already on the plate.  I'm well aware of the list of questions the community had contributed to create in this and other thread. I find it pretty exhaustive. I'm only saying that the last few issues (Mars cancelled, paypal payment method suspended, quite questionable T&C) left a bad taste in my mouth.  It's a matter of 'faith' there's no way for me to ask any kind of questions that will change the way I see it at the moment.  That's my gut feeling. 

I'm not shy by the way and neither I'm searching for excuses to voice my concerns, really. I just want to share my opinion with the community.

Coolio, you're entitled to that, for that respect, I, at least am glad you do share your opinion. This is a iterative decision process for us all. I just wasn't sure of you were aware of the list of questions, or whether you knew some members had kindly offered to seek answers to concerns you might have.

Finally, always listen to your gut.

papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:43:55 PM

GUYS

I ve a proposal for u

-I m inventing a new device Named MOON based on 1000 cores of existing SHA256.the device will have a hashing speed of 500GIGAhash/sec

But before taking your money we ll make an FGPA device wich will hash at 5 gigahash/sec. then we ll start to take your money to finance the MOON  device

so in that case you ll finance our business venture and we ll make MONEY on your back

Does that sound familiar?

If yes,please be carefull  if not,just start to think of what is happening here

thanks for reading

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:24:25 PM

GUYS

I ve a proposal for u

-I m inventing a new device Named MOON based on 1000 cores of existing SHA256.the device will have a hashing speed of 500GIGAhash/sec

But before taking your money we ll make an FGPA device wich will hash at 5 gigahash/sec. then we ll start to take your money to finance the MOON  device

so in that case you ll finance our business venture and we ll make MONEY on your back

Does that sound familiar?

If yes,please be carefull  if not,just start to think of what is happening here

thanks for reading

i respect your awareness. you have been burnt very hard before. but the scam you were sucked in is not compareable to this company.
papamoi

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:33:35 PM

I ve never said it was similar to what s happened to me

Nevertheless,this guy are planning to use your money to avoid taking any risk in their businessventure

You are the bankers for them

so please be carefull that s i m asking you to do

that s all
idee2013

Activity: 407

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:36:16 PM

paypal seems to working again!

But vat question is not answered. yesterday was no vat to pay.today it shows "german vat"  (for gemrnay )and its 25% but it have to be 19%
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:37:50 PM

Nevertheless,this guy are planning to use your money to avoid taking any risk in their businessventure

that s all

Preorder practise need to stop. If company need  money go to investmant bank.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:45:59 PM

Update#2
    I will bring a powermeter with me, just in case. Good idea with the audio recording. Here in Sweden you don't need to ask for permission as long as you partake in the conversation but it is polite to ask.

Photos/Videos (I'll try to include objects for distance-reference)
    * Mars unit hashing
    * Mars without a cover/case …shots of the internals if possible
    * Hashing results in the software client
    * The power supply attached
    * A meter read of the power draw at the outlet – hopefully they’ll provide a monitor, or do you have one you could bring?

Questions
    1) Is this demo unit built on the final design revision that we’ll see used at the time of full-scale production?
    2) When will Mars begin production, if it hasn’t already?
    3) Has any development work yet begun on the ASIC modules?
    4) (If you’re not able to get a wattage reading from a meter)What is the power consumption on the Mars device?
    5) What is the projected power consumption of the Saturn/Jupiter?
    6) Do you plan on discontinuing the Mars BTC miners by a certain date or a quantity sold? (See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2200152#msg2200152)
    7) With this modular design, how will the ASIC units be interfaced with each other, considering that additional devices may be added at a later time?
    8 ) Will these connected ASIC devices use a single shared network connection? What about the power?
    9) Why only 50.000SEK in capital? (about 5500 EUR, not even funny considering there are so many founders. no penalty for failure, so not much of an incentive for success either)
    #9 I also saw in the thread that people think my business with Andreas has a value of 5000EUR. That is the price it costs to register an AB(limited company)

But we do need clarification on when funds are required from us and whether delivery is guaranteed inside of designated buyer complaint periods given by the chosen payment methods, I.e. assurance that payment is made no earlier than 45 days before product is.
    10) Who pays for this really, how?
    11) Debt incurred? how much, how long?
    12) Why no ORSoC ppl on the board or directors? (not even deputy directors, only K/C wives or family?) (See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2200152#msg2200152)
    13) Is there an employee payroll or just founders?
    14) Why start K&C AB as a consulting/hosting firm with the ORSoC ppl aboard?
    15) K&C AB focus on miners or hosting/consulting?
    16) Where is the real office? K's house, C's house, K & C AB office, another one??
    17) What about security (data/facilities)? (why self host? no datacenters?) Disaster recovery plans? [careful, no specifics]
    18)What about patents? Potential lawsuits? (are they insured against this?)
    19)Are the founders insured? Does the insurance money cover losses/refunds? Is the company the beneficiary or not?
    20)Expecting more sale outside of Sweden than in, can they finance the VAT in-between tax return periods? (See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2200152#msg2200152)
    21) Project % completion?
    22) How much of the production will be financed by preorders? (possible corollary: why not more seed capital?)
    23) Obviously with the Swedes' worshiping the semi-permanent sunlight they get for the summer months causing an acknowledged lackluster in productivity (according to JJ), will this in anyway affect the design and manufacture of their Saturn and Jupiter miners? And, what realistically, are the chances of having those devices delivered in September?
    24) How can you be confident this will happen when both BFL and apparently Avalon have had issues delaying their production beyond reasonable expectations?
    25) Most important can they meet the September 2013 dateline. When is the 350gh/s Asic prototype Miner going to be out? July 2013??
    26) Will KNCMiner support P2Pool mining?
    27) Given the five way partnership with three from OrSoc and with their experience of FPGAs and ASICs in the past, how will they achieve their technical goals and how long will it take?
    28) Are there any potential third party hiccups that are likely to delay anything?
    29) What projects of similar kind have they completed before?

Other
    1) Where are you? Office / Workroom / Lab …?[/li][/list]
    2) What else is around? Desks (with phones? ..how many?) / Workstations / Machinery …?
    3) Who, specifically, is in attendance at this meeting? Do you see other people around as well?
    4) How much noise does the Mars device produce? ..perhaps think of something comparative
    5) Do you feel much heat radiation from the Mars unit?

dear forum members
    is it possible to do some research and find out which of these questions are already answered within the last 30 pages of this thread and the two other knc related threads or their website. i would like to only ask questions that are still unanswered and not waste precious time and patience and energy on details that have been solved.

edit: questions 3, 4 , 5 ,8, 13,14 and 21-29 will be asked for sure (daggeteo), no need to check them for having been answered already

edit: thank you bitcoinorama
    Bitcoinorama

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 01:48:05 PM

paypal seems to working again!

But vat question is not answered. yesterday was no vat to pay.today it shows "german vat"  (for gemrnay )and its 25% but it have to be 19%

Email them, they were addressing VAT yesterday. In the morning it wasn't adding UK VAT. I emailed them. They were handling that at the time, by afternoon it was accurate.

stoechi

Activity: 57
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 01:50:16 PM

good idea would be if anyone picks one question (telling here which one) so we dont have to parse the whole thread redundantly..
    Bitcoinorama

View Profile
    June 04, 2013, 01:51:09 PM
    Last edit: June 04, 2013, 02:01:23 PM by Bitcoinorama

Update#2
      I will bring a powermeter with me, just in case. Good idea with the audio recording. Here in Sweden you don't need to ask for permission as long as you partake in the conversation but it is polite to ask.

Photos/Videos (I'll try to include objects for distance-reference)
      * Mars unit hashing
      * Mars without a cover/case …shots of the internals if possible
      * Hashing results in the software client
      * The power supply attached
      * A meter read of the power draw at the outlet – hopefully they’ll provide a monitor, or do you have one you could bring?

Questions
      1) Is this demo unit built on the final design revision that we’ll see used at the time of full-scale production?
      2) When will Mars begin production, if it hasn’t already?
      3) Has any development work yet begun on the ASIC modules?
      4) (If you’re not able to get a wattage reading from a meter)What is the power consumption on the Mars device?
      5) What is the projected power consumption of the Saturn/Jupiter?
      6) Do you plan on discontinuing the Mars BTC miners by a certain date or a quantity sold? (See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2200152#msg2200152)
      7) With this modular design, how will the ASIC units be interfaced with each other, considering that additional devices may be added at a later time?
      8 ) Will these connected ASIC devices use a single shared network connection? What about the power?
      9) Why only 50.000SEK in capital? (about 5500 EUR, not even funny considering there are so many founders. no penalty for failure, so not much of an incentive for success either)
      #9 I also saw in the thread that people think my business with Andreas has a value of 5000EUR. That is the price it costs to register an AB(limited company)

But we do need clarification on when funds are required from us and whether delivery is guaranteed inside of designated buyer complaint periods given by the chosen payment methods, I.e. assurance that payment is made no earlier than 45 days before product is.
      10) Who pays for this really, how?
      11) Debt incurred? how much, how long?
      12) Why no ORSoC ppl on the board or directors? (not even deputy directors, only K/C wives or family?) (See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2200152#msg2200152)
      13) Is there an employee payroll or just founders?
      14) Why start K&C AB as a consulting/hosting firm with the ORSoC ppl aboard?
      15) K&C AB focus on miners or hosting/consulting?
      16) Where is the real office? K's house, C's house, K & C AB office, another one??
      17) What about security (data/facilities)? (why self host? no datacenters?) Disaster recovery plans? [careful, no specifics]
      18)What about patents? Potential lawsuits? (are they insured against this?)
      19)Are the founders insured? Does the insurance money cover losses/refunds? Is the company the beneficiary or not?
      20)Expecting more sale outside of Sweden than in, can they finance the VAT in-between tax return periods? (See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2200152#msg2200152)
      21) Project % completion?
      22) How much of the production will be financed by preorders? (possible corollary: why not more seed capital?)
      23) Obviously with the Swedes' worshiping the semi-permanent sunlight they get for the summer months causing an acknowledged lackluster in productivity (according to JJ), will this in anyway affect the design and manufacture of their Saturn and Jupiter miners? And, what realistically, are the chances of having those devices delivered in September?
      24) How can you be confident this will happen when both BFL and apparently Avalon have had issues delaying their production beyond reasonable expectations?
      25) Most important can they meet the September 2013 dateline. When is the 350gh/s Asic prototype Miner going to be out? July 2013??
      26) Will KNCMiner support P2Pool mining?
      27) Given the five way partnership with three from OrSoc and with their experience of FPGAs and ASICs in the past, how will they achieve their technical goals and how long will it take?
      28) Are there any potential third party hiccups that are likely to delay anything?
      29) What projects of similar kind have they completed before?

Other
      1) Where are you? Office / Workroom / Lab …?[/li][/list]
      2) What else is around? Desks (with phones? ..how many?) / Workstations / Machinery …?
      3) Who, specifically, is in attendance at this meeting? Do you see other people around as well?
      4) How much noise does the Mars device produce? ..perhaps think of something comparative
      5) Do you feel much heat radiation from the Mars unit?

dear forum members
      is it possible to do some research and find out which of these questions are already answered within the last 30 pages of this thread and the two other knc related threads or their website. i would like to only ask questions that are still unanswered and not waste precious time and patience and energy on details that have been solved.

To be fair 29 is answered somewhat on the ORSoC and Opencores.org sites as well as via individual LinkedIN accounts, but they may have examples more relevant to this project not mentioned there.

I would also like to gauge an idea of their own real Bitcoin mining experience.

I want to know when ASIC Mask design will be completed? When they will be ordering the ASIC's? When they expect to recieve delivery? and why they are so confident they will meet the September deadline? Also, when can we expect other credit card payment facilities aside Paypal? (V.important).

And why not ask about future lower entry models for those that can't afford, or want to risk $4k+ on Bitcoin, but still want to be involved.

papamoi

View Profile
      June 04, 2013, 01:52:44 PM

that s all

Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 2137 »
        Print  

Jump to: