Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:23:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:10:26 AM

Placed an order for a couple of these and I'm in America and read they use standard ATX computer power supply. Since no one has one of these yet, what power supply would you recommend for the US? Also, what about connectivity. Is there a USB port on it? Does it have it's down mining software or can it run what is already out there? I just want to make to make sure I get the right hardware (power converters) and all that) before the unit comes and have the proper software. I started to read the pages and had to stop at 25, it was just taking too long. Not much is on their website about this stuff either.

Don't buy a PS yet.  They don't have final power requirements yet and will make a recommendation when they do.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kevcoins

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:13:43 AM

ya, this is what Josh / Inaba says BFL_Josh 
Employee

(" If you think KnC is going to have a fully operational ASIC out and shipping in volume by September with those specs, you're almost assuredly bound to be disappointed." ) ??

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3616-whos-placing-new-orders-bfl-right-now-heres-real-competition.html#post44762

KNC needs to Proof him Wrong.
webjoe

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:17:29 AM

Placed an order for a couple of these and I'm in America and read they use standard ATX computer power supply. Since no one has one of these yet, what power supply would you recommend for the US? Also, what about connectivity.

Don't buy a PS yet.  They don't have final power requirements yet and will make a recommendation when they do.

I was just going to post, but KNC have said this in another thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237745.msg2520109#msg2520109

BTC: 1P77ekpQigu2HfiB67wNhzmMmEvZFkE2jv | KNCMiner Neptune 20nm 3TH/S for $10K in Q1/Q2 2014
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:52:27 AM

Employee

(" If you think KnC is going to have a fully operational ASIC out and shipping in volume by September with those specs, you're almost assuredly bound to be disappointed." ) ??

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3616-whos-placing-new-orders-bfl-right-now-heres-real-competition.html#post44762

He's feeling cocky again.  They must be finally ready to ship?  As much as I hate their delays, I am hoping they do come out of this stronger and wiser than before.  Competition that doesn't do what AM is doing is a good thing.  I want to see both BFL & KnC duke it out and take out them Chinese fuckers.  Sorry, I worked in an industry a few years ago where I seen a great number of Chinese companies consistently lie and try to cut off our heads.  It's not related to this IC industry.  But they are greedy little turds.  Yet powerful.

Back to Josh's comment...I did find this response pretty funny...

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3616-whos-placing-new-orders-bfl-right-now-heres-real-competition-2.html#post44828
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:58:55 AM

Employee

He's feeling cocky again.  They must be finally ready to ship?  As much as I hate their delays, I am hoping they do come out of this stronger and wiser than before.  Competition that doesn't do what AM is doing is a good thing.  I want to see both BFL & KnC duke it out.

Lots of AM hate by you...  BFL had some hidious plans on hosting and still do.  AM is successful. I am not an AM shareholder and I paid top btc for 4 early USBees but I can't fault them at all. 

Blame Avalon for getting bored early with their proof of concept..  obvious their heart isn't really into it anymore

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Paladin69

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:03:09 AM

Employee

He's feeling cocky again.  They must be finally ready to ship?  As much as I hate their delays, I am hoping they do come out of this stronger and wiser than before.  Competition that doesn't do what AM is doing is a good thing.  I want to see both BFL & KnC duke it out.

Lots of AM hate by you...  BFL had some hidious plans on hosting and still do.  AM is successful. I am not an AM shareholder and I paid top btc for 4 early USBees but I can't fault them at all.  

Blame Avalon for getting bored early with their proof of concept..  obvious their heart isn't really into it anymore

Not familiar with what you're saying in regards to Avalon.  Going open-source you mean?

If AM wants me to stop talking shit, then they should stop solo mining the portion that is not tied by shares and just produce product for people.  I despise their strategy to centralize a gigantic portion of the network.  And I'm not backing down from that.
Cryptoin

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:16:49 AM

Employee

He's feeling cocky again.  They must be finally ready to ship?  As much as I hate their delays, I am hoping they do come out of this stronger and wiser than before.  Competition that doesn't do what AM is doing is a good thing.  I want to see both BFL & KnC duke it out.

Lots of AM hate by you...  BFL had some hidious plans on hosting and still do.  AM is successful. I am not an AM shareholder and I paid top btc for 4 early USBees but I can't fault them at all.  

Blame Avalon for getting bored early with their proof of concept..  obvious their heart isn't really into it anymore

Not familiar with what you're saying in regards to Avalon.  Going open-source you mean?

If AM wants me to stop talking shit, then they should stop solo mining the portion that is not tied by shares and just produce product for people.  I despise their strategy to centralize a gigantic portion of the network.  And I'm not backing down from that.

And thus why Netcoin will be worth more than Bitcoin in 2 years.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:28:42 AM

Employee

Well, Josh is an expert in missing targets. No one has missed more shipping dates, target specs, than he has.

Buy & Hold
SpaceCaptainKangaroo

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:37:41 AM

https://i.imgur.com/u97K1AV.png
DPoS

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:47:56 AM

Employee

maybe I am missing something but when they went solo, all their mining has been tied to the shareholders less the fees.

as for Avalon, they didn't want the hassel to compete with anyone even though they talked a big game early..  I like them but they pretty much stop caring.  They say they are working on the next gen chips but haven't even shipped out their batch 3's

AM produces and the market seems happy to pay a premium for that

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Paladin69

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 05:13:44 AM

AM produces and the market seems happy to pay a premium for that

The entitlement class is also a market that doesn't understand that welfare and food stamps undermines them in the end.  There will be no need for a "custom hardware" board if people just want to pay shares to let someone else do it all.

Anywho, I don't want to hijack the KnC thread here.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 05:41:17 AM

He's in Denial. Hahahahahaahahahaha

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:55:26 AM

Not to break this circlejerk but i have the same opinion and i'm watching this from the beginning. kncminer = next BFL ? Chances are higher than you want to believe ;-)

Disclaimer : I have a kncminer pre-order.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
tinoki

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:50:16 AM

Quote Un Quote :

" Re: KNC Miner - Jupiter device: which PSU are you guys planning on using?
June 19, 2013, 02:46:06 PM

Reply with quote  #14
Hi Guys

Sorry for butting in in your discussion but don't buy any power supplies yet.

We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s.

It will be a significant announcement which I hope will make all of our customers happy. and no before you ask I wont reveal any details before that newsletter goes out Smiley

again please don't buy a 1200W power supply you simply will not need one that powerful or expensive.

Sam "

From his statement seem like the Asic Chip has not been order?? "We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s." ?? are they still playing around with the chip??

polarhei

Firing it up

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:56:52 AM

Can someone tell me please if I order a miner now when would I get it? Tons of post here...  Grin Do we know the number of orders so far?

Any video or picture of a working unit?

Thanks!

We only know the 890 at least, more will come. Please refer their news.
polarhei

Firing it up

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:59:22 AM

Not to break this circlejerk but i have the same opinion and i'm watching this from the beginning. kncminer = next BFL ? Chances are higher than you want to believe ;-)

Disclaimer : I have a kncminer pre-order.

No one knows which statement is correct unless a sample can be provided. I'm still looking on the "Gibberish" while I have copied many avatars to follow up, currently only the pyramining is fully trusted while the other is questionable. The provider will answer some of our question soon as Cloudhashing has some feedback, which starts from July. Perhaps 31 st July? May be the answer...
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:11:50 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2013, 08:52:25 AM by Bitcoinorama

Employee

Well, Josh is an expert in missing targets. No one has missed more shipping dates, target specs, than he has.

G**dam*it, that was going to be my witty retort! You beat me to it!! Tongue

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:36:46 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2013, 08:49:48 AM by Bitcoinorama

Also, odd grasp of English Josh demonstrates there; using two adjectives of similar meaning next to eachother;

'Assuredly,' and 'bound'. In this context they mean the same thing.

One would say; "you're assured to be disappointed", or "you're bound to be disappointed", but one would never say, "you're almost assuredly bound to be disappointed", that's nonsense.

This is compounded by the fact 'almost' introduces an element of doubt into the sentence, that negates the 'assured'/'binding' disappointment promised by Josh.

Bizarre.

Only thing I'm certain of is; Josh requires remedial English classes...or isn't fully 'assured' his competition is 'bound' to fail to meet deadlines, let alone as many deadlines as Butterfly Labs have routinely failed to meet, every two weekstm!! Grin

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:55:35 AM

Also, odd grasp of English Josh demonstrates there; using two adjectives of similar meaning next to eachother;

One would say; "you're assured to be disappointed", or "you're bound to be disappointed", but one would never say, "you're almost assuredly bound to be disappointed", that's nonsense.

This is compounded by the fact 'almost' introduces an element of doubt into the sentence, that negates the 'assured'/'binding' disappointment promised by Josh.

Bizarre.

Only thing I'm certain of is; Josh requires remedial English classes...or isn't fully 'assured' his competition is 'bound' to fail to meet deadlines, let alone as many deadlines as Butterfly Labs have routinely failed to meet, every two weekstm!! Grin

err, we should egg him to put his money where his mouth is on bitbet...
http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/
 Grin  Grin  Grin

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:08:53 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2013, 09:55:53 AM by Bitcoinorama

Bizarre.

err, we should egg him to put his money where his mouth is on bitbet...
http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/
 Grin  Grin  Grin

Well his words are a little disingenuous to 'almost assuredly bindtm" to a bet currently, maybe he's learnt?? Grin

Currently he's; "Not quite certain that he's definitely certain...".

I don't know how you could bet for, or against that. Huh Embarrassed Grin

Perhaps Josh has a more capable grasp of the English language than I've given him credit for, and he's fully aware of the wagering connotation of every belief he espouses!!?

At least this way he could never win, or lose! Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: