Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:28:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 [538] 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 09:29:16 PM

This thread is becoming tedious. Tongue

Yes, everyone seems to think that they know how things should be done better than the experts that are actually doing those things.  It's beyond tedious.  If everyone is such a fucking expert about everything, why haven't you started your own companies?  

I have never, ever seen so many incredibly lame, completely ignorant armchair jockies posting in one thread before.  

I would except I can't afford the NRE  Undecided

on a serious note, do we have anymore details on that teaser video?  do we have any news on the chips leaving the packaging house and being "en route?"  Its humpDay...going on Thursday in Stockholm I'm not worried just yet about my hardware (but I am totally concerned about my 1.5 coin which i stand to lose from bitbet if they fail on the whole overdeliver "on time".

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
efodix

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:29:45 PM

I'm am of the Jurassic park school of thought (Life finds a way and adapts to seek advantages with the resources available)  - With the amount of dollars thrown into mining hardware - the participants of the system will find substitute methods to realize a return on investment wether it be through mining an alt-coin or through a different mechansim where Asics could be utilized for something else that generates virtual or real revenue.  There will be incentives to foster the creation of these mechansims so that "new" pool operators, "new" services providers, and "new" opportunities to realize a potential ROI are necessary...this incentive remains true both for small time fish like us individuals as well as for someone like bitfountain or ICEdrill who has the ability to have large amounts of hashpower that would be electrically not cost effective if they were to continue to mine as they currently do.  

I could be totally wrong here....but if I'm not, then all of us who bought in early, all those who bought in onto the block erupters, all those who got their bfl hardware very late or their avalon K16 hella late will be able to recover their initial investment and who knows perhaps see a gain.  I PROMISE you guys that who acted as naysayers to those who still took the risk will feel like an idiot for doing such.  

Gotta love the internet, it amazes me to see the posts from back in 2010 and 2011 of people speculating to want to dump a quick 300 bucks on BTC and those who said don't bother its just a fad and you'll just lose like any otc stock...those naysayers also happen to be "these naysayers"  albeit moreso reasonable with all the mining calculators and leigons of hardware vendors and diy folks comming around.

If history were to repeat itself and we were to see the same linear rate of growth as a function of percentage, wouldn't it be reasonable by BTC track record to expect a price to break the 1000 USD barrier?  Would that change the argument of buy and hold vs buy a miner, HELL NO (you still lost your ass if you bought a miner with BTC or cash in hand that could be used to buy/hold btc).

Finally, I'd be willing to bet that many of you, like me, used a line of credit, something that couldn't be used to secure btc to hold, to be able to pay for mining hardware.  I don't know about you, but a line of credit is much easier to use than to have built up cash in hand that you would be willing to invest onto buying BTC and holding.  

When someone says ROI, ask yourself, if I put in 100 dollars onto a bet and I won 100 dollars, did I see a return on my gamble?  NO I just got my money back!  

Yeah, cause there's just so much real world applications for double SHA256, the  possibilities are endless! You might as well go and buy a few tulip buds.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:34:38 PM

I have never, ever seen so many incredibly lame, completely ignorant armchair jockies posting in one thread before.  

Lurk moar.

frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 09:45:11 PM

Yeah, cause there's just so much real world applications for double SHA256, the  possibilities are endless! You might as well go and buy a few tulip buds.

Just like the internet in 1995....you can't see what hasn't been yet created (the amount of available ASICS processing power is very high and could potentially be monetized other than just mining coins)....Plus FWIW there are shitons of people who make a viable living doing stuff that we would scoff at - janitorial businesses, fast food propritors, ditch diggers, and yes, tulip growers. 

Henchman24

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:06:04 PM

Just like the internet in 1995....you can't see what hasn't been yet created (the amount of available ASICS processing power is very high and could potentially be monetized other than just mining coins)....Plus FWIW there are shitons of people who make a viable living doing stuff that we would scoff at - janitorial businesses, fast food propritors, ditch diggers, and yes, tulip growers.  

I'm guessing his tulip remark was a reference to the Dutch Tulip Bulb Market Bubble, rather than a slur on tulip growers.   Wink
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:11:08 PM

I'm guessing his tulip remark was a reference to the Dutch Tulip Bulb Market Bubble, rather than a slur on tulip growers.   Wink
Tulips were silly, flowers perish quickly, crypto does not.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:11:39 PM

Historic tulip bulb bubble burn!

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 10:14:53 PM

are we going through a 2013 tulip bubble?  no.  Are there people out there who still grow tulips for resale....yes!  I was simply taking his relevant example and giving an unrelated rebuttal for the sake of derailing KNC news thread even further.. you know that's just soooooo awesome to do and all.

Roll Eyes 

The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:17:59 PM

are we going through a 2013 tulip bubble?  no.  Are there people out there who still grow tulips for resale....yes!  I was simply taking his relevant example and giving an unrelated rebuttal for the sake of derailing KNC news thread even further.. you know that's just soooooo awesome to do and all.

Roll Eyes  
Amsterdam, March 1637 (Ruyters): The latest Dutch tulip harvest is in, and experts confidently predict another bumper year for tulip growers and tulip investors alike. Billionaire hedge farmer Jon Paulsen is rumoured to have added hyacinths to his multi-strategy offering and has just launched a fund denominated in daffodils. Tulip stocks climbed by a few millimetres, as they are prone to every day if they grow at their normal organic rate; Couleren bulbs rallied another 2 guilders in heavy Antwerp trading; Rosen and Violetten bulbs ended the trading session more or less unchanged, albeit a bit squashed, and at record highs. The market has been further buoyed in recent weeks by a tide of manure issued by the leading tulip advocate Pol Kruygman from his op-ed column in the New Amsterdam Times, ‘Witterings of a Tulip Fanatic’. Kruygman promised to keep the manure coming, whether anybody wanted it or not.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 10:24:06 PM

are we going through a 2013 tulip bubble?  no.  Are there people out there who still grow tulips for resale....yes!  I was simply taking his relevant example and giving an unrelated rebuttal for the sake of derailing KNC news thread even further.. you know that's just soooooo awesome to do and all.

Roll Eyes  
Amsterdam, March 1637 (Ruyters): The latest Dutch tulip harvest is in, and experts confidently predict another bumper year for tulip growers and tulip investors alike. Billionaire hedge farmer Jon Paulsen is rumoured to have added hyacinths to his multi-strategy offering and has just launched a fund denominated in daffodils. Tulip stocks climbed by a few millimetres, as they are prone to every day if they grow at their normal organic rate; Couleren bulbs rallied another 2 guilders in heavy Antwerp trading; Rosen and Violetten bulbs ended the trading session more or less unchanged, albeit a bit squashed, and at record highs. The market has been further buoyed in recent weeks by a tide of manure issued by the leading tulip advocate Pol Kruygman from his op-ed column in the New Amsterdam Times, ‘Witterings of a Tulip Fanatic’. Kruygman promised to keep the manure coming, whether anybody wanted it or not.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy that was just great, you made my day with that one  Grin Grin Grin

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:25:07 PM

When I first saw KnC they were saying a couple of things that I got mixed up for a short time, they were talking about a litecoin rig and modular miners...and for a short time I had a picture of a dual miner, one module mining each ..the litecoins paying the power bill while the other mined BTC.

You're right about people finding a way to use all this kit I think, necessity is the mother of invention.

Back in 1995 Internet exploder was by far the top browser, Chrome didn't exist....no-one would have believed what we have now. Maybe well all end up looking back and wishing we'd been mining another currency that follows the same path as BTC has.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 10:28:18 PM

When I first saw KnC they were saying a couple of things that I got mixed up for a short time, they were talking about a litecoin rig and modular miners...and for a short time I had a picture of a dual miner, one module mining each ..the litecoins paying the power bill while the other mined BTC.

You're right about people finding a way to use all this kit I think, necessity is the mother of invention.

Back in 1995 Internet exploder was by far the top browser, Chrome didn't exist....no-one would have believed what we have now. Maybe well all end up looking back and wishing we'd been mining another currency that follows the same path as BTC has.

Loieeesssssssss it was netscape navigator - you aged yourself...youngin

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:28:45 PM

Roll Eyes  

Ok, that was clever!  And worth the diversion.  
coldbreeze16

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:40:34 PM

The first browser was Mosaic I think :p. Then Netscape, then Infernal Exploder and then FailFox. Safari was still in Steve's ovary. (wow that rhymed!)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:50:19 PM

The first graphical browser was Mosaic I think :p. Then Netscape, then Infernal Exploder and then FailFox. Safari was still in Steve's ovary. (wow that rhymed!)
FTFY
demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:19:12 PM

This thread is becoming tedious. Tongue

Here ya go I will summerize for every one.. bla bla bla roi bla bla bla roi bla bla bla they have not shipped yet bla bla bla.. sounds about right.

If ya care about roi what are ya doing in bitcoin mining now?  Huh

Anywho technally they got till the 15th of October till they are truly late on any of them.  Shocked So get off your grumpy couch and go ride a ferris wheel with some ice cream!

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:29:21 PM

I am surprised KNCminer haven't shown us a working prototype by now. It's almost the end of September and they would need a few days to assemble all the units promised for day 1 shipments.

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:40:48 PM

Arachne browser.  I offered a canned ham but times they were already changin'.
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 11:44:39 PM

I am surprised KNCminer haven't shown us a working prototype by now. It's almost the end of September and they would need a few days to assemble all the units promised for day 1 shipments.

no chips in hand = no final prototypes.  However that may not be the same answer within the next 2-4 days. (fingers crossed)

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:48:00 PM

Indeed it would be nice to get some details. I honor the way KNC is handling things so far but there news policy could need some optimizing.

It needs just a minute from a secretary and everyone would be pleased.

Have the chips arrived?

If not, when are they supposed to arrive and wasnt they meant to arrive earlier this week?

I have no problems with delays, cause i see them doing everything they can to supply those miners as early as possible, so thats OK with me.

But i would like to stay informed daily in this very critical phase that we are right now. Like i said, one minute work for some office worker and we all know whats going on.

Pages: « 1 ... 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 [538] 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: