Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:23:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why some people prefer Bitcoin over fiat ?  (Read 58453 times)
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 04:02:25 AM

Low transaction fees is what attracts me to bitcoins and also the fact that I can stay anonymous with it. My country doesnt regulate BTC as of yet. So, even that helps to an extent. Also the fact that it is easy to use and I can see the transaction going through on blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 04:03:33 AM

Bitcoin is better for online purchases and international transfer(the legal and illegal ones, but some people concentrate too much in the illegal aspect), because it is quicker, almost always cheaper and won't require bank accounts or sign ups in sites that could froze your account at any time

That is the reason why it is being choose by people who wants to do shady things, no name being staked, no banks to froze your account, no one notices which is which without investigating. Those features is supposed to be a good feature of bitcoin and supposed to be used for good. Unfortunately we cannot choose who will use bitcoin.

jeraldskie11

Activity: 1260
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:39:10 AM

Since the bitcoin is not real money. We cannot buy it thoroughly in our markets. And the fiat  money is a legal money and that is approved by government. Many says that the bitcoin is for criminal why? because bitcoin is not legal for other country. But because bitcoin has a bitcoiners it will continue increasing the graph for bitcoin over fiat, cause bitcoin is easy and I started already it so I will stay with it.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:45:50 AM

Since the bitcoin is not real money. We cannot buy it thoroughly in our markets. And the fiat  money is a legal money and that is approved by government.
No, bitcoin is already a money, if it is not money who in their proper state of mind would open up an exchange to accept it?

Many says that the bitcoin is for criminal why?
Nope, bitcoin is not a currency for criminals, it is just being dragged going there by few who wants to use it, just like how money is being dirt by many...

because bitcoin is not legal for other country. But because bitcoin has a bitcoiners it will continue increasing the graph for bitcoin over fiat, cause bitcoin is easy and I started already it so I will stay with it.
It's not that it is not legal or illegal, they just don't care that much except if bitcoin is starting to be a talk in the internet...

zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 06:29:15 AM

I don't know for sure,possibly because bitcoin is more sophisticated, simple and can be used throughout the world using a small fee.
Transparent and neutral, Payment freedom, Fewer risks for merchants, Security and control is a service provided to users of bitcoin

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:05:55 AM

I don't know for sure,possibly because bitcoin is more sophisticated, simple and can be used throughout the world using a small fee.
Transparent and neutral, Payment freedom, Fewer risks for merchants, Security and control is a service provided to users of bitcoin
in fact those people who know the importance and usefulness of bitcoin, they are preferring bitcoin on fiat. actually there are so many advantages of bitcoin to be use. for example bitcoin can be use for investment, as there is a great increase in the price of bitcoin because of the increasing demand of bitcoin as people are entering in the world of bitcoin regularly, therefore it is more profitable if you simply hold bitcoin for a long time and when the price reaches to some high price and then sell it. and secondly it can be use in all over the world for shopping online without converting it into local currency, even in some place it can be use in local shops for shopping.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:02:47 PM

I will speak for myself, I prefer bitcoin over fiat for only 2 reasons, first is the low or nearly negligible transaction fees associated with bitcoin makes it my number means of transferring money internationally. Secondly I have access to my funds with the help of my electrum wallet 24/7 and feel limitless because it can be kept there for years without any external control.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:13:07 PM

For me, I believe bitcoin is the future this is why I prefer it over fiat. Also it is more easier to handle than fiat, I always spend every penny of my fiat but if it is in bitcoin I know exactly how much I have and never spend it on things I don't need. I also keep it for investments, it has been nice to keep, there too much benefits really. I would even want to ditch fiat and just use bitcoins forever!
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:18:49 PM

And also its a great investment to hold while system progress more and more people already looking and considering to invesr with btc just like having your own bank inside your computer or smart devices and with a lots of trend for sure the price will be keep on rising up with more adoptions to come.
hajimasan

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:36:07 PM

Because bitcoin gives the user full freedom of his own money and and also it gives the user an opportunity to mak free money that us by trading and also day by day is rate is growing up thus increasing in conversation rate.
mrjoy15

Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 03:40:21 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2017, 07:19:00 PM by mrjoy15

Bitcoin is a internet based cryptocurrency which dominated other currencies with fiat too.Day by day going to popular and all over the worlds people come to take service.
Now a days,many facilities and advantages bitcoin has over fiat currencies like online purchases and it is easily possible international transfer(by a person of one country to another country)without any cost(TAX).Most of people prefer Bitcoin over fiat cause Bitcoin has stronger privacy protections than something like PayPal...
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:48:15 PM

Because bitcoin gives the user full freedom of his own money and and also it gives the user an opportunity to mak free money that us by trading and also day by day is rate is growing up thus increasing in conversation rate.

Yes that's why many of us prefer to use and choose bitcoin because there are no tax for each of our transactions that we are going to make.

And if there are fees, that are all affordable and it is only cents for many of us. That's why many likes to transact with bitcoin.

Together with its fast response and confirmation as long as you are going to pay the miners fee.

Signature for rent
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 04:49:12 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 03:36:56 PM by ImHash

Mods are trashing threads without any notice!
whizter

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:11:22 PM

And also its a great investment to hold while system progress more and more people already looking and considering to invesr with btc just like having your own bank inside your computer or smart devices and with a lots of trend for sure the price will be keep on rising up with more adoptions to come.
yes that is true that currently bitcoin is one of the best investment, because it provide you opportunities to earn a good amount of bitcoin in a very very short period of time. and one other investment can provide you such opportunity.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 11:49:09 PM

yes that is true that currently bitcoin is one of the best investment, because it provide you opportunities to earn a good amount of bitcoin in a very very short period of time. and one other investment can provide you such opportunity.
not sure if it was investment or trading when you talking about earn profit by storing value in short period  Roll Eyes , i guess it is trading not an investment. usually investment takes long time to get profit.

for me the benefit you can get when using bitcoin it's been used globally online and much more easier.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 12:06:21 AM

Low transaction fees is what attracts me to bitcoins and also the fact that I can stay anonymous with it. My country doesnt regulate BTC as of yet. So, even that helps to an extent. Also the fact that it is easy to use and I can see the transaction going through on blockchain.
It depends on how you use Bitcoin. If you transfer money from one country to another, then compared to other solutions which includes banks, Bitcoin is the better option when it comes to fees and speed.

But that's not really the case when it comes to buying things in physical stores where in this case the confirmation times are more of a worry to me than the fees are.

Or the stores you quite frequently use accept Bitcoin via their web shops, but that's more often not the case. In that case it's fiat that gets the preference over Bitcoin.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
The_Dark_Knight

Merit: 502

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:00:29 AM

How hight the transaction fee is depends on a lot of factors, if you are in a third world country the transaction fee does not seem that low, if you are in the first world then the transaction can be said to be considered cheap.
loserkids

Activity: 83
Merit: 13

Bitcoin = Freedom

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 01:53:09 AM

I live in Taiwan having 2 bank accounts in Europe. Banking is generally quite expensive in my case so Bitcoin saves me money (and time).

░★░★░★░   freedomnode.com - BTCitcoin, Cryptography & Decentralization   ░★░★░★░
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:55:27 AM

Since the bitcoin is not real money. We cannot buy it thoroughly in our markets. And the fiat  money is a legal money and that is approved by government. Many says that the bitcoin is for criminal why? because bitcoin is not legal for other country. But because bitcoin has a bitcoiners it will continue increasing the graph for bitcoin over fiat, cause bitcoin is easy and I started already it so I will stay with it.
yes bitcoin is not money no doubt about this but i think we also cannot buy real money in market, because you have to earn it. and same is the case about bitcoin, you cannot buy bitcoin, but you can only change your fiat into bitcoin for the same value. and then you can earn bitcoin from trading or from any other services.
Rishabh riyz

Activity: 357

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 12:49:21 PM

While doing BTC transactions are good as we don't have to add any bank accounts  here and it is good for online purchases ,online transactions etc:-.
Because we dont have any agent here to use our money like the fiats have banks  so no one can freeze our accounts
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: