Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:02:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317673 times)
Littlestan

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:58:09 PM

I can only say that MOON is backed by common people all over the world, it's one of Mooncoin's most recognizable features.
However, sometimes better to listen to a talented professional in some field.
Also to think that you understand the market 100% (or even 90% of why it goes up, why it goes down) is a mistake.

So then you do trust Larrimar's design then?

Because he *is* a professional. In this exact field.

Or are you saying you will only trust in the design of something you personally prefer? Did you also miss out on the week of the Contest and now wish you said something before it was too late?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 05:11:24 PM

I can only say that MOON is backed by common people all over the world, it's one of Mooncoin's most recognizable features.
Also to think that you understand the market 100% (or even 90% of why it goes up, why it goes down) is a mistake.

Or are you saying you will only trust in the design of something you personally prefer? Did you also miss out on the week of the Contest and now wish you said something before it was too late?

Nico is also a professional designer.
I've edited the post above to clarify what was meant.

We can change the logo, but then another group will come (MOON is decentralized), will make another voting on another board, and should we change it again?
Really better first to make sure it's really great so that people will not mind it in the future.

Littlestan

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:21:21 PM

We can change the logo, but then another group will come (MOON is decentralized), will make another voting on another board, and should we change it again?
Really better first to make sure it's really great so that people will not mind it in the future.

As was said before, this logo Contest was started by your own Marketing Director, not the 'unofficial' Discord group. So please stop avoiding the facts.

I'll ask again; will you deny it simply because you don't personally like it? I didn't see your name on nicos crescent vote; did you miss the vote?

Also, if you direct me to the 'official' Discord channel, I'd really like to meet these guys.
Jasperrr

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:25:20 PM

Edit: https://alexa.com/siteinfo/mooncoin.com indicates that the largest number of people came to the Mooncoin website from coinmarketcap.com,
where people saw the logo only and a short description.
Agswinner mentioned the large group of Italian long term investors which are gathering their positions step-by-step,
Evangelo is running and paying for a marketing campaign at Facebook.
I'm sure that efforts of Discord group are also very important.

We cannot change logos too often.

A new logo can be improved, really great things don't need discussing. Also it's better to provide its concept/description, not image only.
Several people in this thread already posted that they wanted to leave a current logo and see a new logo to be implemented for Moonlite, please take into account their opinion also.
Alexa can only make estimates, taking a look at the google analytics and selecting the date the logo was changed as a start date would provide accurate insights. But then again, it really doesn't matter how many people saw the logo.

Yes logo's cannot be changed too often so we need to settle this dispute now, before we grow even bigger as a community and coin.

I have indeed seen 3/4 members here wanting to use this logo for Moonlite instead. However, I've also seen (more) reactions here stating that they love the new logo. Like I said; we can have a second vote over here.

No, that is not possible. There is a board and a marketing director who vote on important issues. If you do not vote to change the logo again, other groups can keep saying what they want but there will not be a change.

In this case, the marketing director has sanctioned a contest to be held to design a new logo. It wouldn't be wise to undermine the director of marketing.

Also, I have increasing doubts over Nico being a professional designer. You can't deny the fact that he handled his 'loss' completely the wrong way. It was very unprofessional what he has shown during the past 24 hours..
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 05:31:26 PM

The contest was started not by 'my' marketing director, but by the Mooncoin marketing director, so you'd better ask him.
I don't say that your group is unofficial, for decentralized systems it's hard to say what is official what is not, who will judge? Not me definitely.
The Github source only can be official, and it's under control of barrysty1e, who codes wallets for MOON,
at mooncoin.com there are even no clients other than links to his Github releases.

Littlestan

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:38:14 PM

The contest was started not by 'my' marketing director, but by the Mooncoin marketing director, so you'd better ask him.
I don't say that your group is unofficial, for decentralized systems it's hard to say what is official what is not, who will judge? Not me definitely.
The Github source only can be official, and it's under control of barrysty1e, who codes wallets for MOON,
at mooncoin.com there are even no clients other than links to his Github releases.

We agree on him being 'our' marketing director then. :-)

However, once again, you avoided my question;

Did you vote? Were you fully aware of the Contest but only took it seriously once it was too late?
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 05:47:36 PM

I didn't vote because I didn't think and don't think at all that the logo should be changed, and especially that it should be changed too often,
and I've tried to clarify the idea in posts above.

If another group comes, it will have just as many chances as you to join MOON and to participate in its development, because MOON is not a company,
it's a decentralized system, and there can be several Marketing Directors and several boards in the future (again 'Marketing Director' is more for companies, maybe it was a mistake to use this definition).

polemarhos888

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

To The Moon !

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:57:31 PM

Good afternoon again. I see the disagreement for the Mooncoin logo. With all estimate for the people which try to do Mooncoin one of the best cryptocurencies out there, I sugest α compromise solution: It looks like a good idea the use of new logo for the Moonlite project. And something else for  all : Just check the big flactuations and the disturbances at Bitcoin market when there was the conflict between 2 teams of developers (it haven't finished yet). Mooncoin needs the unity of all of us !

Littlestan

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:03:26 PM

I didn't vote because I didn't think and don't think at all that the logo should be changed, and especially that it should be changed too often,
and I've tried to clarify the idea in posts above.

If another group comes, it will have just as many chances as you to join MOON and to participate in its development, because MOON is not a company,
it's a decentralized system, and there can be several Marketing Directors and several boards in the future (again 'Marketing Director' is more for companies, maybe it was a mistake to use this definition).

But there is *currently* only one marketing director. And he felt there was interest enough in the active community to change logos. So he did his job and started a Contest.

Please understand that your decision to not have a voice in any of this until after it was all said and done was yours to make. You had the option, like everyone else in this community, to be involved. You chose to not be involved and so you've given up your rights to complain about the results.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 06:08:41 PM

I posted the Blue Moon logo in the OP because the community approved the logo (including the Marketing Director),
the original logo (which is not bad either and recognizable) also is present in the OP,

Great work with Facebook Community Evangelo and as always MoonCoin Foundation your support and growth is always appreciated.  I hope in 2017 to bring some value as well and look forward to bringing more community involvement as well.

Thank you very much, couldn't do it without this community, campaigns will start officially running next week on Facebook $ mypayingcryptoads.com redirecting all online traffic to the mooncoin.com website and it's corresponding networks, I really like #2 that nico did, I really love the concept of the blue moon

but if he changed his opinion, I'd only like to address to him a simple idea: changing logos too often is not good,
let professional designers make the consensus first, let the idea of new logo mature, and then let's discuss it and change if community agrees.
But now there are too many different opinions, and besides people will laugh at us, if we change logos every month.

Littlestan

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:16:39 PM

I posted the Blue Moon logo in the OP because the community approved the logo (including the Marketing Director),
the original logo (which is not bad either and recognizable) also is present in the OP,

Great work with Facebook Community Evangelo and as always MoonCoin Foundation your support and growth is always appreciated.  I hope in 2017 to bring some value as well and look forward to bringing more community involvement as well.

Thank you very much, couldn't do it without this community, campaigns will start officially running next week on Facebook $ mypayingcryptoads.com redirecting all online traffic to the mooncoin.com website and it's corresponding networks, I really like #2 that nico did, I really love the concept of the blue moon

but if he changed his opinion, I'd only like to address to him a simple idea: changing logos too often is not good,
let professional designers make the consensus first, let the idea of new logo mature, and then let's discuss it and change if community agrees.
But now there are too many different opinions, and besides people will laugh at us, if we change logos every month.

March 17th.

What month is it now? Are you aware that opinions are subject to change over a period of time, especially with a whole contest of options to choose from, which was the entire point of the Contest?
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 06:24:02 PM

In March there was a good consensus,
I just don't see the consensus now, I see toxic talks in the thread which never happened before,

also several old members, including agswinner, polemarhos, arcmetal etc. told that they didn't want a new logo for MOON,
but they agreed to have it for ML,

to change a logo of decentralized coin, there should be a good consensus, and again: not to change it too often.

Is there any concept/description for a new logo proposal?

Littlestan

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:31:32 PM

I just don't see the consensus now, I see toxic talks in the thread which never happened before,

also several old members, including agswinner, polemarhos, arcmetal etc. told that they didn't want a new logo for MOON,

to change a logo of decentralized coin, there should be a good consensus, and again: not to change it too often.

The toxicity stems almost entirely from one person who didn't like the fact that his logo wasn't chosen. That is all.

The concensus was that literally nobody here or on the Discord complained or voiced contrary opinions about a new logo contest being made until *after* it was over. It was posted twice here in the ANN by me and mentioned by a few other users as well during the week.

The concept and description has already been done; Larrimar's logo won. Those who wanted to be involved were, those who didn't lose their ability to complain or reject it. I truly do not see the issue here.

I do agree that we could propose multiple logos for the different offerings MOON will have, as you say. Then another contest will be made to vote in those new logos.
username007

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:56:14 PM

when is coin going moon? #ThingsThatMatter
Goldsheik

Activity: 148

GOLDSHEIK POWER

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:13:28 PM

Dead scamcoin.

I wish I had sold all my MOON when I still had the chance.  Angry
bitcointalk

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:35:37 PM

I don't understand the whole point on logo changing. When it went from the Yellow Moon to the Half blue moon I said ok that looks nice. But now you guys are changing it again? Seriously? I feel like who ever is in charge of the logos is acting like a 10 year old brat. 1 Logo change is enough.... Don't turn this into a bad habit and DO NOT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN!

Anyways. I really hope Moon hits 25 sats soon.
nico12321

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:16:59 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 08:59:59 PM by nico12321

Now the voting does not take into account the participant's weight, a person with 100 MOON has the same value as a person with 1 million MOON.

This is illogical and wrong. Moreover, even a person who does not have a MOON can vote, which is absurd.

I think that voting should be conducted taking into account the weight of the participant. The person who invested more money in MOON has more weight. He risks big money.

It is very easy to implement, just make an MOON-address, write some minimal random amount (1-1000 MOON) and then send it to this MOON-address. This will be the verification of the voting participant.

Without this, any vote is invalid, because The voter can be without a MOON at all.
jwayne

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 09:26:43 PM

Now the voting does not take into account the participant's weight, a person with 100 MOON has the same value as a person with 1 million MOON.

This is illogical and wrong. Moreover, even a person who does not have a MOON can vote, which is absurd.

I think that voting should be conducted taking into account the weight of the participant. The person who invested more money in MOON has more weight. He risks big money.

It is very easy to implement, just make an MOON-address, write some minimal random amount (1-1000 MOON) and then send it to this MOON-address. This will be the verification of the voting participant.

Without this, any vote is invalid, because The voter can be without a MOON at all.

I have to ask, how is it that you think that this kind of toxic oligarchic attitude won't turn off every small investor. Join our community, so you can be talked down to by people who hold more of the currency than you will ever be able to afford. Decentralized currency, controlled by those holding the most. Oh hypocracy, thy name is Nico. Everyone would be gone due to your selfish attitude, and yet you would remain cursing the darkness for not being helpful enough.
arcmetal

Activity: 287
Merit: 159

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 09:49:05 PM

In the end, I hope we all do! Cheesy

At this point, let's conclude an amicable agreement Smiley We both do a lot for MOON.

It is a wonderful thing to see warring parties kiss and make up.

For my two cents on mooncoin's nomenclature:  if there's to be any changes to its name or logo it should always include some form of the Moon.  Whether it be a full moon, half moon, crescent, waxing gibbous, etc, it would be silly not to include it. There are many reasons for this, I'll name one.... What if at some point we get to expand into the Chinese markets?  They consider it a symbol of harmony, luck and so on.  To have the Moon as the coin's core symbol would be a great advantage in that environment.

Don't get me wrong, I think the new "M" symbol looks great (albeit a bit generic), I just don't see its relevance to this coin.  And so, its a decent compromise when Mooncoin_Foundation suggested it could be used for Moonlite.
Zareeth

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:15:01 PM

People that think this period of discussion is 'toxic' need to go and read the old ANN, at least the first 300 pages  Wink

mooncoin had so much drama at the beginning, right through until September, as Deaconboogie had gone AWOL

Now, the people who held this coin together over that period were primarily coinflow, agswinner, Redjedievolution.

agswinner did a lot to get us on bleutrade, where I think most of the volume has gone.

coinflow acted as a great community manager over the period where there was none. Years even.

Redjedievolution invested a heap into bringing the coin back to life from 2 litoshi, though maybe at his own financial interest, it still benefited the coin as a whole and kept it alive.

There of course were many others who contributed time and effort over the last few years I haven't mentioned, but maybe if these other veteran people were allowed to weigh in on the direction of mooncoin, there would be a lot more fairness. Not just the two who currently oppose change.

Even agswinner commented before

The logo has nothing to do with the moon, remove the inscription "MOONCOIN" and nobody will guess about the moon. Absolutely inexpressive. From the category "order 100 business cards and get a logo as a gift".

I agree.
The new logo proposal is not bad in general, but every coin which name starts with 'M' could use this logo.
The logo should be simple, but not only simple, it should be linked to the Moon theme.
The Blue Moon logo matches the idea.

Edit: maybe to use the new logo for Moonlite (ML)?

Agree.

Yes, I also agree.

👍

and

You lied by saying you didn't know about the logo contest, but you direct messaged me on the Discord the day the contest was started.

So you did know about it.

You then further lied by saying you didn't have time to say anything about the logo and repeated you didn't know about the contest and that
*you had never been on the Discord*

You did, and you had been. To direct message me, remember?

You lied by saying you provided a bigger part of the C-CEX fund when I personally donated near a half BTC of that myself, with others
putting in as well. Thank you for your contribution by helping out there, but you didn't put in as much as you claimed to in the conversation
on the Discord.

So:

My message:

"Nico - 10/06/2017
And what do not you like about the current logo?"

Then there was not your chosen logo, there were some others, I was surprised by the fact of choice, I thought the question was solved. Your discordapp.com requires presence, I do not have time for this. I could easily miss.

New logo "Larrimar - 06/12/2017 "

Your lies.

"You lied by saying you provided a bigger part of the C-CEX fund when I personally donated near a half.
Putting in as well. There you are, but in the conversation
On the Discord. "

You are lying.

I donated 0.98 BTC to vote in C-CEX.

I'm waiting for an apology.
Honestly, I'm tied to the old logo, but the new is  innovation, it's good, and it may have changed 😀

So although he is fond of the old logo more, at least agswinner is open to discussion and not openly dismissive.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: