Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:54:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317673 times)
nico12321

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:39:26 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 02:18:00 PM by nico12321

At the moment, I'm concerned about the professional level of the new designer. To make it clear, here is his personal site - http://larrimar.com/Main.aspx Smiley

Update: HA-HA! How quickly he deleted it! But the Internet remembers everything - Cheesy http://web.archive.org/web/20160322152226/http://larrimar.com/Main.aspx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jasperrr

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:57:12 PM

- Any date about the changing of algorythm?
This is the positive energy we need! Keep it up man!

Barry has worked over hours on the new algo and it's thoroughly being tested AS WE SPEAK.

If you're not yet in the Discord server, I would love to invite you. A lot of people there are brainstorming on a day to day basis to find good applications for Mooncoin and getting the coin the value it should have! The link is: https://discord.gg/bCfmfQ.
Goldsheik

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

GOLDSHEIK POWER

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:24:58 PM

At the moment, I'm concerned about the professional level of the new designer. To make it clear, here is his personal site - http://larrimar.com/Main.aspx Smiley

Update: HA-HA! How quickly he deleted it! But the Internet remembers everything - Cheesy http://web.archive.org/web/20160322152226/http://larrimar.com/Main.aspx

The web archive freaks me out a bit.

Everything I've ever posted online is basically there forever.
Jasperrr

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:59:47 PM

So it's a website that has been made in 2005 (or earlier). The digital landscape looked a hell of a lot different back then. Compared to modern day standards it's really ugly but according to 2005 standards it's fine.

Can you please link me to your portfolio? At least Larrimar is open about his identity so we can verify that he's an actual professional designer.
Littlestan

Activity: 189

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:01:16 PM

Regarding mooncoin it would be good if there were members who could take more important roles. I proposed in the discord group that we must have a board of "executives", members who hodl more than 20 mil coins. Because I must agree with you I don't want moon to be coordinated with people who own less than 10 mil, or even 1 mil. After all, if I invested some money I would like to see that we're going somewehere.

I have the same worry.

Therr are people in the Discord who own less than a few M and have worked to move Mooncoin forward more than some who have been in this ANN for years now.

It isn't the amount that is important; it's their feeling and devotion behind it.

Also, am I taking crazy pills or can nobody else see that the circle around the M in the new logo represents a moon?
Littlestan

Activity: 189

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:03:33 PM

He's redirected that site to his current professional site. Not deleted his old one. And it should be very obvious to everyone now you're only concerned with attempting to slander everyone with an opposing mindset to yours in an attempt to regain credibility.

Keep on keepin' on President Putin.
nico12321

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:09:51 PM

I hope he does not publish it on his MOON-website  Grin - https://larrimar.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/the-truth-about-space-travel/
Evangelo

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:13:56 PM

The approach was quite simple, this is a decentralized system that we all choose to support. It's important that if there are issues on certain matters, we utilize democracy. What I will not do is represent a dictatorship, it's different if a couple of people talked about the logo and didn't like it only stating opinions. But as Mooncoin ad campaigns continued and the community grew, it got to the point where something had to be done. So in the decentralized system the best way to settle the matter was competition where democracy could take place. I don't throw around the "title" of marketing director as if I'm above anyone, we are all equal including myself and I do my best to demonstrate that. I was totally fine with Nico's logo, however, Nico's logo was bested, because of the most recent events, we as a community should "ALL" continue using the discord channel as a voting platform. Perhaps we should change the logo based on a consensus the next go around. No one is totally wrong for what has transpired, we all must remember that we are still growing as a community, just as is the whole cryptoworld. Next time something of this nature comes to pass, I encourage everyone to utilize their democratic privileges. Not every coin community es decentralized, this is what makes Moon special, we must continue to strive for improvement and growth. #PeaceandProgress

Democracy is when every member of the community has a number of votes in a voting proportional to his investment in a Mooncoin. This is a common practice. We do not even know whether the MOON-investors were on that voting. How can such a voting be considered legitimate?

When you say investors, who are you referring too? So only "investors" are able to vote? And since when is democracy based on holdings? That's still a dictatorship bro. "Votes proportional to his investment in Mooncoin"? Are you serious? That's like if you support the U.S. then your votes should be proportional to you holdings. Ex. My bank balance: $0.95/less than one vote, Your bank balance: $500,000,000.00/ 500,000,000 votes? In what democracy is this practice common? Votes were legitimate because only users supporting Mooncoin have access and are interested in voting, we notified everyone on multiple networks, multiple times.

de·moc·ra·cy
dəˈmäkrəsē/Submit
noun
noun: democracy
a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.
"capitalism and democracy are ascendant in the third world"
synonyms:   representative government, elective government; More
antonyms:   dictatorship <-
a state governed by a democracy.
plural noun: democracies
"a multiparty democracy"
control of an organization or group by the "majority" of its members.
"the intended extension of industrial democracy"
the practice or principles of social equality.
"demands for greater democracy"

dic·ta·tor·ship
dikˈtādərˌSHip,ˈdiktādərˌSHip/Submit
noun
noun: dictatorship
government by a dictator.
"forty years of dictatorship"
synonyms:   absolute rule, undemocratic rule, despotism, tyranny, autocracy, autarchy, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, fascism; More
antonyms:   democracy
a country governed by a dictator.
plural noun: dictatorships
synonyms:   absolute rule, undemocratic rule, despotism, tyranny, autocracy, autarchy, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, fascism; More
antonyms:   democracy
absolute authority in any sphere.

Who agrees with nico's previous statement about democracy??? If you do please come forward, I seek resolution to this conflict of interest.

XP Address: XKzDDembVTqPWk77GPFiUGzKc1eySuwNMR
eXperience Points (XP) | Visit: xpcoin.io for more information
Evangelo

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:18:31 PM

Regarding mooncoin it would be good if there were members who could take more important roles. I proposed in the discord group that we must have a board of "executives", members who hodl more than 20 mil coins. Because I must agree with you I don't want moon to be coordinated with people who own less than 10 mil, or even 1 mil. After all, if I invested some money I would like to see that we're going somewehere.

I have the same worry.

You won't have to worry long, if you continue with the opposition of democracy and decentralization, then you and the rest who think like you can have your hand and a centralized coin, and I and others will happily leave. No worries there at all.

Evangelo

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:40:22 PM

@Nico, just a question, do you know what this is?

Does this mean anything to you? If so please enlighten me on what it means to you.

nico12321

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:31:41 PM

Does this mean anything to you? If so please enlighten me on what it means to you.

Of course. Mooncoin_Foundation suggested me make a graphic theme for the start page, after I made these pages, Mooncoin_Foundation asked in the Mooncoin thread to donate Mooncoins for my work. You sent 1,000,000 MOON, this is $4 at that time (the price was $0.000004/MOON).
Jasperrr

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:51:45 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 07:17:00 PM by Jasperrr

Nico, can you please link me to your design portfolio/website?
Evangelo

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:26:14 PM

Of course. Mooncoin_Foundation suggested me make a graphic theme for the start page, after I made these pages, Mooncoin_Foundation asked in the Mooncoin thread to donate Mooncoins for my work. You sent 1,000,000 MOON, this is $4 at that time (the price was $0.000004/MOON).

So please correct me if I'm wrong, however, this is all about money to you? Regardless of what the price represents today or what it could represent tomorrow. That's all you could get out of that was the value at "that time"? To see if you're a reasonable and cooperative person. Even though Mooncoin_Foundation asked the thread to donate, I wasn't obligated to do so or was I? Do you know why "I" donated? To reveal your level of compassion, do you care to know why I donated? 

allsnioc

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:36:27 PM

Hi,
I have been reading this ANN for almost a month now, I started investing in MOON, and after these last days I wanted to give you my point of view:

1) I am interested in the progress of this coin and project, not in who is the best investor or who did the most for this coin. This is not a showcase, do whatever you want or nothing at all to contribute to the community, nobody forces you to do either way. If you contribute, the community MIGHT appreciate your effort but there is no obligation!

2) In the last 10-15 pages of this ANN there is no information or news at all about the coin, only a race about the logo and who is the best ... guys go play on discord (or any other virtual place) on who is the best one... we really don't care that much

3) democracy is democracy, there is no such thing as weighted votes based on the amount of MOONS ... one vote per person

THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT:

4) the success of a coin is not having few big investors, on the opposite thousands and thousands of small investors (or just curious people) is what makes a cryptocurrency great. So nobody can manipulate the market, no coordinated pump and dumps, nobody can force their own interest on a community, and last but not least everyone feels part of this project even having only 100 MOONS....

So guys, my invite is to lower the tone in this ANN, take fights on another place and share interesting information about MOONCOINS...

Thank you to all that contribute to make this project interesting
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 07:39:11 PM

Just found this Monacoin (MONA) symbol (from the cryptochainer.com website)

Looks pretty similar to a new MOON symbol proposal (if it's with a double-slash).

And may I ask again, is there any concept for the new logo proposal?
E.g. what does it symbolize? A shield or what?

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 07:49:29 PM

In my opinion, rather yes, 1 vote per 1 person, no matter how many MOON he owns (on the other hand, if it's an extremely low amount, a person really might not care too much about whether his decision affects MOON or not, it depends on the general responsibility of a person though, however an user with a lot of MOON anyway will be more careful in his decisions),
also an important question is how can we be sure that there are no fake accounts?
At least here I know old members, I know their accounts are not fake and they almost ALL (who posted) didn't support a new logo proposal for MOON.
It was a good initiative to organize the contest, and now we have a winning logo proposal, but may be it should be improved?
People will agree with a variant which is really great, if they don't support it now, something is wrong.

Of course, democracy is great, but in my opinion there should be also some respect from newcomers to people who had been supporting MOON for years,
and at least newcomers should take into account their opinion, these people saw things and never will recommend or support something bad for Mooncoin.

allsnioc

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:01:30 PM

Of course, democracy is great, but in my opinion there should be also some respect from newcomers to people who had been supporting MOON for years,
and at least newcomers should take into account their opinion, these people saw things and never will recommend or support something bad for Mooncoin.

Of course there should always be respect!

But the project needs both:
- "veteran" that put this project on the right track (they will have their cut for sure being early birds in this coin), and know how to make it at least "survive" (and hopefully rock) in this jungle of altcoins
- "newcomers" that  buying this coin are making every effort made by "veterans" more valueable (I said more valueable: more newcomers-> higher capital market -> higher value/price of coin -> higher ubiquity of the coin -> higher visibility among cryptocoins )

So veterans need newcomers and newcomers need veterans.

What they both don't need is endless pages of fight in the community.

P.s. from the moment MOONCOIN became a decentralized cryptocoin nobody can say they own it more then someone else
polemarhos888

Activity: 499

To The Moon !

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:09:31 PM

In my opinion, rather yes, 1 vote per 1 person, no matter how many MOON he owns (on the other hand, if it's an extremely low amount, a person really might not care too much about whether his decision affects MOON or not, it depends on the general responsibility of a person though, however an user with a lot of MOON anyway will be more careful in his decisions),
also an important question is how can we be sure that there are no fake accounts?
At least here I know old members, I know their accounts are not fake and they almost ALL (who posted) didn't support a new logo proposal for MOON.
It was a good initiative to organize the contest, and now we have a winning logo proposal, but may be it should be improved?
People will agree with a variant which is really great, if they don't support it now, something is wrong.

Good afternoon again. I agree with the opinion of Mooncoin Foundation. But  It's upsetting to see this disagreement about logo and all these conflicts. We had to deal with the many positive projects that are in progress. However, I continue to be positive for the Mooncoin's future. Smiley  

Evangelo

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:21:28 PM

Hi,
I have been reading this ANN for almost a month now, I started investing in MOON, and after these last days I wanted to give you my point of view:

1) I am interested in the progress of this coin and project, not in who is the best investor or who did the most for this coin. This is not a showcase, do whatever you want or nothing at all to contribute to the community, nobody forces you to do either way. If you contribute, the community MIGHT appreciate your effort but there is no obligation!

2) In the last 10-15 pages of this ANN there is no information or news at all about the coin, only a race about the logo and who is the best ... guys go play on discord (or any other virtual place) on who is the best one... we really don't care that much

3) democracy is democracy, there is no such thing as weighted votes based on the amount of MOONS ... one vote per person

THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT:

4) the success of a coin is not having few big investors, on the opposite thousands and thousands of small investors (or just curious people) is what makes a cryptocurrency great. So nobody can manipulate the market, no coordinated pump and dumps, nobody can force their own interest on a community, and last but not least everyone feels part of this project even having only 100 MOONS....

So guys, my invite is to lower the tone in this ANN, take fights on another place and share interesting information about MOONCOINS...

Thank you to all that contribute to make this project interesting

Thank you for sharing your point of view, however, this is not the first disagreement among the community and it will not be the last, you see when this community was small, we offered what we could and used what we had in order to the the ball rolling. There was not structure in a lot of areas because there was no necessity for it. Even when Nico submitted the first alternative logo, there was no consensus of any kind, come to think of it we never really exercised democracy in the thread at all.

However, as we've gained traction and more notoriety, we've had people come from all over in regards to word of mouth, pr, and coinmarketcap data. @Mooncoin_Foundation, I agree with you, however, when it comes to fake accounts here, discord, "Facebook" which what I did witness and other forms of social media we must take precautions regardless. Unfortunately we can't control respect or the like sort because everyone has different views, such as Nico, myself, and the rest of us. Having a consensus for everything based on majority votes gets the job done regardless of the topic, if we do not find efficient ways to address disagreements in any case earlier and more openly, then we will have a more difficult time trying to establish order later in a decentralized community.

On the other note, perhaps we should have a vote on whether Mooncoin should be a dictatorship or democracy??? Seems as though through certain comments of some users this is much deeper than a logo. It's necessary that we maintain compliance and cooperation, if we can't all agree on mutual grounds to at least agree to disagree then all we've been building morally will be in vain.

Jasperrr

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:31:16 PM

Just found this Monacoin (MONA) symbol (from the cryptochainer.com website)

Looks pretty similar to a new MOON symbol proposal (if it's with a double-slash).

And may I ask again, is there any concept for the new logo proposal?
E.g. what does it symbolize? A shield or what?
I can answer this one for Larrimar; no it does not symbolize a shield. A new outer white ring has actually been added to the logo. The double circles represent the Moon + a coin.

So you're basically saying you want a democracy, but only for the older investors? Some guys have just been lurking around the ANN during those years, some newcomers, including myself, have done more for Mooncoin than those lurkers.

Like you said, 1 vote per person and it was 32 votes against 4. Add the 5 'old' guys here that were against the new logo, then it's still 32 to 9. That's a very clear win IMO. A democracy only works if the majority vote is respected.
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: