May 09, 2024, 04:19:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18172 18173 18174 18175 18176 18177 18178 18179 18180 18181 18182 18183 18184 18185 18186 18187 18188 18189 18190 18191 18192 18193 18194 18195 18196 18197 18198 18199 18200 18201 18202 18203 18204 18205 18206 18207 18208 18209 18210 18211 18212 18213 18214 18215 18216 18217 18218 18219 18220 18221 [18222] 18223 18224 18225 18226 18227 18228 18229 18230 18231 18232 18233 18234 18235 18236 18237 18238 18239 18240 18241 18242 18243 18244 18245 18246 18247 18248 18249 18250 18251 18252 18253 18254 18255 18256 18257 18258 18259 18260 18261 18262 18263 18264 18265 18266 18267 18268 18269 18270 18271 18272 ... 33336 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26380850 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:09:26 PM

I saw one of those in my hometown when i was 18, I have wanted one ever since, I love the squareish design.

I've driven one very briefly. A proper tractor so it is. Undeniably fun to look at though.

Funny, I have heard the same thing from another guy who also test drove one.
But if I ever buy one I will have it converted to an automatic and only drive it on nice summer days. But I would go out to the garage and look at it a lot.

Reading through what I just wrote it strikes me that it sounds like something a used car salesmen would say.
"It was owned by an old man and only driven to church on sundays".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:30:31 PM

BCH was dead until Segwit2X died...now it's a thing again.

Until January when Coinbase releases peoples' BCH to the millions of users that like free money.

Momentum / trend of price might be interesting if this will happen in Jan - if Bitcoin Core has peaked and BCH comes up, they all could adding on BCH.

When you come to bitcoin, there's an awful lot to learn.
One of the very first things for non-native speakers of the language is English.
But you're being much too arrogant to bother with that.
Haven't you ever wondered why you get so little traction?
It's not just that some of your ideas are unsound, but your communication skills are lacking too.

The good thing about the WO thread is that the English language writing skills of most of us are generally above average. The other threads are sometimes unreadable. I've stopped reading other threads, it's straight to WO for me. Updated info, a great mood, and readable posts.

We's are be amongst the greatest of peeps, here.   Cool 

Makes me feel all lovey dovey and with some tinglings.   Kiss   Cry
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:05:55 PM

Ya, I've been trying for a few months to get my btc-e wex.nz account back. They have a handy verification page when you try to log in so I was going through all of the steps, name, no problem, citizenship...*searches for United States* *checks for any way to input United States*, nope. I live in Korea so I put South Korea since it's an option. I input my Korean address, my Korean ID, my Korean utility statement.

*denied* 'please include a scan of your passport'

hmm...you're not going to like this buy my passport shows I am a United States citizen...which I cannot choose as an option.

If Namecoin ever goes to the moon I'll have to get a second passport just to get my NMC from Wex. I had 21k NMC before they went down. They have every incentive to not let me back in.

I doubt that they are trying to scam you out of your 21k NMC, which appears currently to be about $30k worth of value.

Possibly, you just had some loss of password issues or something, and that is why you could not get into your account?  And, as I am typing, I am thinking, what the fuck?  One thing is getting your account back and another thing is getting verified... those are two different concepts - but perhaps they merge when dealing with a lost password issue or something like that, which seems to be the reason that you are having "issues." 

Yeah, seems to be the case, that their newest policy, post USA gov shut down an persecution (prosecution) in July 2017, they do not allow verification of USA connected folks, but you do not need to get verified in order to have an account with them... especially if you already had an account before the USA gov shut down situation... and maybe your case is a bit special because it is a matter of attempting to get access back to your account which ends up being the same process of the verification which is not allowed for USA connected folks - so perhaps, if you could just get them to get you access back without going through verification, then you would accomplish that manually through support - rather than using any kind of automated system that they have.

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about?   But I have an experience with them through my account with them, and I am a USA peep.  I am not verified.  I still can withdraw all of my WEX value as long as I transfer to BTC.

When they transferred from BTC-e to WEX, I just used all my already existing credentials.  In other words, my log-in information was still current with them at the time that they went down in late July, so when they came back on-line in mid-September, I just used my e-mail that is registered on their system to reset my password.  I don't recall any additional steps that I had to take to get access to my already existing account.  I was even traveling at the time that I reset my password through my e-mail, so my transferring of my account log-in from BTC-e to WEX did not require any kind of IP address matching... only e-mail matching and that none of my info had been flagged by them...

So your problem must be that you somehow lost your log-in credentials or you were not currently actively using your BTC-e account at the time of the July shut-down?

Maybe my other experience is not very relevant, but my BTC-e account had been hacked on two occasions, and I recall that on the second occasion (in about February/March 2017), BTC-e required me to show my ID and a utility bill to get access to my account back.... which is kind of fucked up when you think about it, because I had never previously shown them that stuff, and I am surmising that they were just going through the motions of requiring me to show that stuff before they gave me access to my account (which they had frozen due to suspicious activities after the hacker had gotten in and kind of fucked it up by trading the value in the account into a kind of oblivion... The value went from like 24BTC down to 8BTC within the time of their 1.5 hours of access.. hahahahaha.. some of those hackers are good at fucking things up)..   
Gab0

Activity: 283
Merit: 127

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:10:51 PM

I don't understand.
They deleted Peter R. answer to my question about the relationship between the nodes and the consensus rules (I suppose that for being "off topic"), but they did not erase all other comments from other users on the same subject.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4482

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:13:11 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Consolidating sideways around $6.6k I see... currently $6585USD/$8407CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

Total forkcoins (excluding BCH-ABC) are at $1538USD/$1960CAD (Coinmarketcap).

After yesterday's fine recovery, consolidation is good. Hopefully we'll continue upward soon.

It's clear what the "real" Bitcoin is. A big-blocker reaction after x2 cancellation was to be expected. Luckily it didn't last long.

Go Bitcoin go.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:15:24 PM

Well, that's one louder, innit?

I laughed.

bcash folks not only spam the network. their EDA sucks away mining power from bitcoin.
their very own malicious EDA CREATES the btc transaction backlog

Serious question: Do you think the miners owe you their hash rate? If you are worried about Bitcoin Segwit's mining, you could always make the investment of time, effort, and treasure in order to become a miner. Otherwise, you really have no say in where hash power gets directed, right?

Odious? Why the hate?

Yeah, excellent strategy.
Killing animals to eat them works until there are no more animals to kill and suddenly it doesn't work and you die of hunger.

Well, that's a funny way of coming out as being vegan.

You can't just trivialize and hand wave it all away as a simple block size increase will solve everything and still retain network stability while maintaining mining decentralization.

'Splain me how block size has anything whatsoever to do with mining centralization.

Any thoughts on how high the next BCH rally will go?  

I have no idea. I expect multiple cycles of up and down. Call it pump n dump if you want, but I think it will more properly be overbuying by BCH believers followed by dumping of free coinz by BTC believers. Seeing as I have no way to guess properly at inflection points, I'll just buy when low and hodl when high. A strategy that has benefited me tremendously for some years now.

How is this for a new scam idea - send me 500BTC and I will send you an image of my own creation, with a resolution of 1280x960 - great for a desktop background.

Back in the day, I sold several handfuls of one of my CDs for 1.2BTC a pop.

And they were damn worth it, too!

I don't understand.
They deleted Peter R. answer to my question about the relationship between the nodes and the consensus rules (I suppose that for being "off topic"), but they did not erase all other comments from other users on the same subject.

Yes. Moderation getting very partisan. And veering far from stated policies.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:17:03 PM

Do you guys know/use any kind of coin monitor site? Not like cryptowatch or coinmarketcap.

More like "add this coin to my watch list and send an email when it reaches X satoshi"?

I use the Blockfolio-app on my phone.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:17:52 PM

I don't understand.

Here is what I wrote, that was deleted by the mods:

Nodes can influence the rule set and its enforcement in proportion to their share of the network hash power.  This is Bitcoin's direct governance mechanism.

Market participants can influence the rule set and its enforcement in proportion to their economic power.  This is Bitcoin's indirect governance mechanism.

A non-mining node by itself has no influence.  This is easy to prove: if you run 100 raspberry-pi nodes, do you have more influence over the rule set and its enforcement than if you unplugged 99 of them?  Of course not, because only the people behind those (non-mining) nodes matter, not the nodes themselves.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:21:36 PM

I am witnessing this censorship.

As much as I disagree with them, deleting posts is cowardly and shameful.

Let us confront their ideas in a free and open forum, selective deletion only strengthens their claims, a corollary of the Streisand effect, foolish and counterproductive.
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:29:42 PM

I don't understand.

Nodes can influence the rule set and its enforcement in proportion to their share of the network hash power.  This is Bitcoin's direct governance mechanism.

Market participants can influence the rule set and its enforcement in proportion to their economic power.  This is Bitcoin's indirect governance mechanism.

A non-mining node by itself has no influence.  This is easy to prove: if you run 100 raspberry-pi nodes, do you have more influence over the rule set and its enforcement than if you unplugged 99 of them?  Of course not, because only the people behind those (non-mining) nodes matter, not the nodes themselves.

Thats an oversimplification, if everyone were to run a node which differed from the consensus rules that all the miners ran, then someone is gonna change.
Probably, the miners will change to the rules of the nodes as they have more pressing bills to pay, this is of course the basis for UASF.
Collectively nodes indirectly dictate the rules.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:32:11 PM

wheres that smellly troll lauda.....
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:38:52 PM

I don't understand.

Thats an oversimplification, if everyone were to run a node which differed from the consensus rules that all the miners ran, then someone is gonna change.
Probably, the miners will change to the rules of the nodes as they have more pressing bills to pay, this is of course the basis for UASF.
Collectively nodes indirectly dictate the rules.

I think what you mean is that the people indirectly dictate the rules, including of course the people who run nodes.  Which is exactly what I said.  

The point I'm making is that the influence of a non-mining node by itself is zero.  Consider:

A. You have 100 mining nodes.  If you unplug 99 of them, you objectively have less ability to influence / enforce the rule set.

B. You have 100 raspberry-pi (non mining) nodes.  If you unplug 99 of them, your ability to influence / enforce the rule set is unchanged.  

If you understand PoW, the truth of this should be very obvious.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2078

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:39:25 PM

nice friendly comment. take your battle elsewhere .we don't want to hear your BitCHing here
mr tits
Trust: -2: -1 / +0
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:56:05 PM

nice friendly comment. take your battle elsewhere .we don't want to hear your BitCHing here
mr tits
hahah  lucky i dont trade here....bitcoin is getting dumped guys, run while you can....ITS GOING UNDER $5K VERY SOON
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2078

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:58:17 PM

mr tits
hahah  lucky i dont trade here....bitcoin is getting dumped guys, run while you can....ITS GOING UNDER $5K VERY SOON
grow up
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:59:43 PM

grow up?

why because im telling the truth and not a perma bull lols

BTC/SEGWIT is gona dump, no one wants to pay such high prices for a coin that doesnt perform
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:00:53 PM

grow up?

BTC/SEGWIT is gona dump, no one wants to pay such high prices for a coin that doesnt perform

just stop your nonsense!~ BCH is trollfest and we are here to make money and spread LOVE! :-D ===>"OG" BTC FTW!!!
Ludwig Von

Activity: 854
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:01:38 PM

mr tits

Et alors?
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:01:59 PM

grow up?

just stop your nonsense!~ BCH is trollfest and we are here to make money and spread LOVE! :-D ===>BTC FTW!!!

who said anything about the real bitcoin bch ?

im just saying i heard big players are gonna dump btc tonight under $5k
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:03:56 PM

grow up?

just stop your nonsense!~ BCH is trollfest and we are here to make money and spread LOVE! :-D ===>BTC FTW!!!

who said anything about the real bitcoin bch ?

im just saying i heard big players are gonna dump btc tonight under $5k

the real bitcoin is umm you guessed it BTC :-D we may have to reset the SegWit thingy back to normal someday but ehh who cares ..lol
Pages: « 1 ... 18172 18173 18174 18175 18176 18177 18178 18179 18180 18181 18182 18183 18184 18185 18186 18187 18188 18189 18190 18191 18192 18193 18194 18195 18196 18197 18198 18199 18200 18201 18202 18203 18204 18205 18206 18207 18208 18209 18210 18211 18212 18213 18214 18215 18216 18217 18218 18219 18220 18221 [18222] 18223 18224 18225 18226 18227 18228 18229 18230 18231 18232 18233 18234 18235 18236 18237 18238 18239 18240 18241 18242 18243 18244 18245 18246 18247 18248 18249 18250 18251 18252 18253 18254 18255 18256 18257 18258 18259 18260 18261 18262 18263 18264 18265 18266 18267 18268 18269 18270 18271 18272 ... 33336 »
  Print  

Jump to: