Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:19:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
ymemey

Activity: 476
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 04:11:22 PM

Guys, maybe someone knows any news or leaks, about new generation scrypt miners? From Bitmain or another product. Thanks for answer

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:39:54 AM

Guys, maybe someone knows any news or leaks, about new generation scrypt miners? From Bitmain or another product. Thanks for answer

No news.  It is wired that they are doing a fire sale with T9s and everything else they have found in a shad lol

But for script, just remember that they do not have any competition. They got the only and best performing miner on the market. If they build a stronger one, they will use it themselves first, but if they sell the better miner, they just compete with the L3+

That would not make any sense

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
btcapollo

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:04:00 AM

No news.  It is wired that they are doing a fire sale with T9s and everything else they have found in a shad lol

But for script, just remember that they do not have any competition. They got the only and best performing miner on the market. If they build a stronger one, they will use it themselves first, but if they sell the better miner, they just compete with the L3+

I would not put it past Bitmain to release a more powerful and efficient Scrypt miner sometime later this year. The L3+ is making +/- $5 per day. Don't think Bitmain will be selling many units with this daily profit.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:48:28 PM

I would not put it past Bitmain to release a more powerful and efficient Scrypt miner sometime later this year. The L3+ is making +/- $5 per day. Don't think Bitmain will be selling many units with this daily profit.
Why not?  Last bubble time ASICS we’re going for low 100s.  You have insider knowledge of how much it actually costs to produce them?  I strongly suspect their current production costs aren’t much higher.

btcapollo

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:40:05 PM

Why not?  Last bubble time ASICS we’re going for low 100s.  You have insider knowledge of how much it actually costs to produce them?  I strongly suspect their current production costs aren’t much higher.

Why? Bitmain is trying to sell the L3+ for $1536 each and deliver in March. Based on this and the current Litecoin stats, these miners will ROI in about 8 months, which we all know won't happen since the difficulty will keep increasing. It's anybody's guess where the LTC price will go. Buying a L3+ today from Bitmain is pretty much hoping that the price Litecoin will appreciate.

Given that Bitmain still has these available, most buyers realize this.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:04:27 AM

The “why not?” Was in reference to the fact that since no one knows how much the units actually cost to produce it’s pure conjecture to think that 2k or even 1k is actually some sort of bottom price because they might cost X00 to make and so $5 per day or $150 per month they can easily keep selling a ton of them with ok ROI.  Stop buying preorders.

shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:34:56 AM

I reckon they cost about 500$ at most each. Includes parts and labour.

BenRickert

Merit: 110

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:38:00 AM

Why? Bitmain is trying to sell the L3+ for $1536 each and deliver in March. Based on this and the current Litecoin stats, these miners will ROI in about 8 months, which we all know won't happen since the difficulty will keep increasing. It's anybody's guess where the LTC price will go. Buying a L3+ today from Bitmain is pretty much hoping that the price Litecoin will appreciate.

We see this cycle over and over. Experienced miners don't buy these units at the highs. It's all the new entries to the race because they saw insane daily profits. Also those scumbag resellers. Resellers and ignorant miner wanna be's bought 10's of 1000's of the S9's and L3+'s at insane prices. Before this year, I never paid more than $1500.00 for an S9 direct from Bitmain. Soon you'll see those same miners for sale at fire sale prices. It's a larger version of the D3 debacle but the same metric. I bought a D3 at $650.00 roughly 2 weeks after the last deliveries from Bitmain hit the networks.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Albortz

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:25:43 PM

Alright guys, any idea?

My HB were all  XXXXXXXXX

I restarted my miner and up until now, they all went back to  OOOOO

But they are not hashing anymore... Any Ideas?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:38:16 PM

Alright guys, any idea?

1. Try to "cool down" Stop/unplug all power for 30 minutes before power up again
2. Try to reboot
3. Replace the firmware

Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:23:32 PM

Alright guys, any idea?

Were they running at high temps? I suggest dont overclock.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Albortz

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:24:23 AM

Well it somehow pulled itself together...

I rebooted them, I powered it off, I flashed the image multiple times nothing did work. When I flashed the old image and suddenly it was back.

I also noticed that bitmains customer support is once again dope. I wrote them, got an email about holidays and still within 24 hours I had a reply from one of their team....

I really dont get why everyone got so many complains about them lol

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:42:02 AM

There are other coins you can mine with this. It's not like A3 which can only mine Sia coin.

clyjr

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:21:48 PM

If anyone in the first march batch gets a shipping confirmation early please let us know.  I have a 2nd batch coming in march, but I'll be moving late march and need to figure out if they are going to ship the L3 soon enough for me to not have to attempt to get them to change my shipping address...  Would be awesome if they unexpectedly shipped them early, lol
tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:24:00 PM

If anyone in the first march batch gets a shipping confirmation early please let us know.  I have a 2nd batch coming in march, but I'll be moving late march and need to figure out if they are going to ship the L3 soon enough for me to not have to attempt to get them to change my shipping address...  Would be awesome if they unexpectedly shipped them early, lol

You cant change shipping addresses at Bitmains.
clyjr

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:26:50 PM

I've read that, but I've also read that people have had their address changed as long as it wasn't a country change.  Conflicting info from multiple sources, of course that's why I said "attempt" to change it.  Worst case scenario I can hopefully get UPS to hold the package and just go pick it up, best case scenario bitmain ships early enough for me to get it before I move...
rampantparanoia

Activity: 516
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:23:01 PM

I've read that, but I've also read that people have had their address changed as long as it wasn't a country change.  Conflicting info from multiple sources, of course that's why I said "attempt" to change it.  Worst case scenario I can hopefully get UPS to hold the package and just go pick it up, best case scenario bitmain ships early enough for me to get it before I move...

get UPS my choice as a backup: https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page
when you get the shipping confirmation from UPS, you can redirect the shipment.
clyjr

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:48:24 PM

get UPS my choice as a backup: https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page
when you get the shipping confirmation from UPS, you can redirect the shipment.

That was my backup plan, although last time with my D3s it wouldn't let me change delivery at all, the only option was to sign online and have them leave them at the door...

FYI, I did get a response from bitmain saying they will not change the shipping address for any reason.  I wonder what happens when someone moves and delivery fails?
Doesn't matter for me now though, as I got a shipping confirmation yesterday and it should be delivered this coming week...
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:53:25 PM

My 4 from the March order shipped and are on the way!!

kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:29:40 PM

They disabled changing of shipping address after Aug 15th orders. https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000384634-Changing-shipping-address

After scalpers tied upall miners with unpaid orders + plp who bought hot miners and sold accounts at high overcharge.
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: