Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:05:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:10:29 PM

The Elephant in the Room: Cryptocurrency’s Massive Bubble(s)

https://dnotesedu.com/2017/11/the-elephant-in-the-room-cryptocurrencys-massive-bubbles/

That's an interesting article. I have been personally puzzled by the rush to invest in lots of different ICOs or even a new coin that looks flashy. I picked some new coins to invest in back in 2014, including DNotes, and what's funny is that two of those coins I picked back then I'm still investing in now, and they're like old coins. I've picked up one new coin since then whose future is up in the air but other than that, I'm sticking with the tried and true ones, and trying to add to my holdings as much as I can.

One thing that truly puzzles me is the Ethereum phenomenon, and I'm wondering if anyone here would like to comment on it. I avoided Ethereum for the longest time because every time I heard something about it, it was bad. Smart contracts getting hacked, millions of Dollars worth getting lost or held up somewhere in the etherspace where no one could find them until they sort of wandered back home. I wanted nothing to do with it. If I heard of an interesting ICO, I'd look into it and as soon as I learned it was ethereum based I'd drop it like a hot potato. I recently got into the position where I own two different ETH based tokens (one because I thought it was a NEM token and the other because I was kind of forced to--long story). So I finally tried to get a wallet and my first attempt failed repeatedly, until I finally switched to a different wallet. It works, but is very clunky. I guess what I don't understand is how a coin that is so awful can be priced so high and be so popular per coinmarketcap. That's the part I truly do not understand. Why is Ethereum where it is, and not one of a half dozen other coins that do smart contracts and wallets far better?

Thank you, wiser. I always enjoy your posts – original, honest and refreshing. The fact that your picked two from years back that are still promising today, by itself, is quite amazing.

I have high regards for Ethereum, despite their occasional stumble. It is difficult to be perfect. There is a lot of untested ground and uncontrollable.

However, I am concerned about the potential fall-out of ICOs that SEC may deem “securities” that were sold without registration or exemption. Among other remedies, they can issue a rescission order to rescind or return the proceeds of the fund raised; much of the amount is still held as Ether and Bitcoin. A major case or a combination of a few could cause significant value adjustment. A wide-spread enforcement could be very damaging.

Thanks for the kind words. I like your perspective on Ethereum--focus on what that project has accomplished, which is considerable.

The two "new" coins I got into in 2014 are NEM and DNotes. With DNotes, it was the professionalism and dedication to developing solid infrastructure that won me over. With NEM, I kind of fell into it because I had been playing around with NXT, unfortunately not profitably, and some of their team decided to launch NEM and I got a stake figuring I had nothing to lose. Now I wish I'd gotten two or three. In 2015 I got involved with DMD, which by that time was already nearly three years old, and the longevity interested me. Early on I took a small writing gig with them and was very impressed with the thoroughness and ease of communication I had with the lead developer. That coin is now 4.5 years old and going strong, and paying a lot of my bills. The two newer coins I'm into now are STEEM--I really like the blogging for currency concept--(though right now I need to figure out if they're having growing pains or real issues), and VIVA, which I think is a great concept that will make it but at this stage is still a wild card.

Honestly, four or five coins is about all I can handle keeping up with, so I'm not even looking at the new ones coming out. One thing I love about DNotes is that if I'm not around for a couple months I don't have to worry that there will ever be some deal breaking piece of information that I missed that I should have acted on immediately (as in sell off all my coins). I can know that DNotes will still be there and making progress.

Thanks, wiser. You are very analytical and objective in your selections. Many investors in our industry can learn from you. There are always leaders and followers in any competitive industry, such as ours. And you are able to identify them.

DNotes has a lot of moving parts and only those who can connect all the dots can appreciate its true value. It is strategically designed to be a long-term player and positioned for the next wave of serious investors and professional fund managers who take their fiduciary duties seriously. I have no doubt that our relentless commitment to building a trusted brand with integrity will be quite valuable one day and we all can be proud of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:28:31 AM

Report: JPMorgan Chase Considering Bitcoin Futures Contracts

https://dcebrief.com/report-jpmorgan-chase-considering-bitcoin-futures-contracts/
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 06:05:00 AM

https://dnotesedu.com/2017/11/the-elephant-in-the-room-cryptocurrencys-massive-bubbles/

That's an interesting article. I have been personally puzzled by the rush to invest in lots of different ICOs or even a new coin that looks flashy. I picked some new coins to invest in back in 2014, including DNotes, and what's funny is that two of those coins I picked back then I'm still investing in now, and they're like old coins. I've picked up one new coin since then whose future is up in the air but other than that, I'm sticking with the tried and true ones, and trying to add to my holdings as much as I can.

One thing that truly puzzles me is the Ethereum phenomenon, and I'm wondering if anyone here would like to comment on it. I avoided Ethereum for the longest time because every time I heard something about it, it was bad. Smart contracts getting hacked, millions of Dollars worth getting lost or held up somewhere in the etherspace where no one could find them until they sort of wandered back home. I wanted nothing to do with it. If I heard of an interesting ICO, I'd look into it and as soon as I learned it was ethereum based I'd drop it like a hot potato. I recently got into the position where I own two different ETH based tokens (one because I thought it was a NEM token and the other because I was kind of forced to--long story). So I finally tried to get a wallet and my first attempt failed repeatedly, until I finally switched to a different wallet. It works, but is very clunky. I guess what I don't understand is how a coin that is so awful can be priced so high and be so popular per coinmarketcap. That's the part I truly do not understand. Why is Ethereum where it is, and not one of a half dozen other coins that do smart contracts and wallets far better?

Thank you, wiser. I always enjoy your posts – original, honest and refreshing. The fact that your picked two from years back that are still promising today, by itself, is quite amazing.

I have high regards for Ethereum, despite their occasional stumble. It is difficult to be perfect. There is a lot of untested ground and uncontrollable.

However, I am concerned about the potential fall-out of ICOs that SEC may deem “securities” that were sold without registration or exemption. Among other remedies, they can issue a rescission order to rescind or return the proceeds of the fund raised; much of the amount is still held as Ether and Bitcoin. A major case or a combination of a few could cause significant value adjustment. A wide-spread enforcement could be very damaging.

Thanks for the kind words. I like your perspective on Ethereum--focus on what that project has accomplished, which is considerable.

The two "new" coins I got into in 2014 are NEM and DNotes. With DNotes, it was the professionalism and dedication to developing solid infrastructure that won me over. With NEM, I kind of fell into it because I had been playing around with NXT, unfortunately not profitably, and some of their team decided to launch NEM and I got a stake figuring I had nothing to lose. Now I wish I'd gotten two or three. In 2015 I got involved with DMD, which by that time was already nearly three years old, and the longevity interested me. Early on I took a small writing gig with them and was very impressed with the thoroughness and ease of communication I had with the lead developer. That coin is now 4.5 years old and going strong, and paying a lot of my bills. The two newer coins I'm into now are STEEM--I really like the blogging for currency concept--(though right now I need to figure out if they're having growing pains or real issues), and VIVA, which I think is a great concept that will make it but at this stage is still a wild card.

Honestly, four or five coins is about all I can handle keeping up with, so I'm not even looking at the new ones coming out. One thing I love about DNotes is that if I'm not around for a couple months I don't have to worry that there will ever be some deal breaking piece of information that I missed that I should have acted on immediately (as in sell off all my coins). I can know that DNotes will still be there and making progress.

Thanks, wiser. You are very analytical and objective in your selections. Many investors in our industry can learn from you. There are always leaders and followers in any competitive industry, such as ours. And you are able to identify them.

DNotes has a lot of moving parts and only those who can connect all the dots can appreciate its true value. It is strategically designed to be a long-term player and positioned for the next wave of serious investors and professional fund managers who take their fiduciary duties seriously. I have no doubt that our relentless commitment to building a trusted brand with integrity will be quite valuable one day and we all can be proud of it.

I really enjoyed the article, especially because I hadn't heard about the Enron scandal. But it makes me really wonder about the definition of a 'bubble'. I've read about the Tulip bubble, the over-heated market and investing in investment companies that preceded that Wall Street Crash of 1929, the dotcom bubble, and in Australia, we've been waiting for the real-estate bubble to pop for well over a decade now. But the difference I see between these bubbles, and the cryptocurrency bubble is the underlying value of the investment. Tulips were over-priced, but still had natural value. Where as many of the dotcom companies received investment without ever having much of a chance at success, and had nothing of value at the time of investment other than a plan or an idea.

I think that the cryptocurrency bubble can be reasonably divided into two halves. One is bitcoin and the other is speculation on the value of ICO tokens.

I'm just guessing, but my feeling is that the majority of investors in ICOs never intend to use most of their tokens on the service that the ICO company is developing. For example, if you buy into an ICO that is going to offer you the ability to buy listening-hours on a music content platform, and invest US$1,000. It is not because you intend to get $1,000 dollars worth of great listening experience from your tokens. It is because you're hoping that you'll be able to sell the tokens to investors or listeners for more than you paid for them. If the ICO developers deliver a solid and wanted product, you might make a legitimate income by assisting developers bring a product to market. But because these ICOs typically gain hundreds of times more in funding than the development should cost on the open market, I feel like this outcome is unlikely or will be vary rare.

Instead my guess is that early buyers in ICOs will profit by selling to the greater fool, and like any other pyramid scheme, it is doomed to end in tears. In this way, I see the ICO industry when viewed as a single unit as a bubble caused by investors hoping for nothing more than to sell before the crash.

Bitcoin is different to this. And while the current price might be ten or one hundred times its present value, I believe that at some point in the future, the current price will reflect bitcoin's real worth as a utility, not a commodity. I also believe this is a widely held view and that many people who buy into bitcoin, even at the current price, will hold onto their investment through any trough, in the solid belief that it will always recover.

But when I refer to bitcoin, I'm not really thinking about the current dominant cryptocurrency. I'm thinking about the utility of the blockchain concept and the coin that does the best job of providing that utility and supporting services. I am also aware that I'm not alone in this way of thinking because the concept is neatly wrapped up in the term, "the flippening". This is the point where bitcoin loses the combined market advantages that it currently enjoys from being both the first, and the most valuable / popular.

If or when a cryptocurrency becomes more popular than bitcoin, it is believed that there will be a sudden and irreversible shift of investment from bitcoin, to the new favourite. And this is where I see the line between tokens, and other cryptocurrencies. Certainly some believe that bitcoin will continue to be the base coin, while their favoured cryptocurrency will be successful in parallel due to better functionality and supporting services. But I'm sure just as many investors in alt-currencies believe that they choice will eventually win out over bitcoin, and they will reap huge profits by being early adopters taking advantage of an undervalued coin.

So while I don't see bitcoin as a concept as being a bubble, I do believe that there will be a point in time when bitcoin the currency will lose favour to some other currency and become close to worthless. And in that way, bitcoin owners who don't move fast enough will be burnt by the flippening as surely as investors in a bubble.

As for DNotes, I see that it has huge potential. DNotes Global Inc is currently providing value to the community with its strong focus on education, and the care it is taking to establish a standard of ethical and inclusive behaviour in the industry. I don't see DNotes cryptocurrency having much current value as a utility because I have not seen it traded for goods or services outside of its growing community. I have never independently come across DNotes being used functionally. So whether DNotes will end up providing functional services along side bitcoin, or if ultimately DNotes will become the coin to dethrone bitcoin, I can't tell. I see they have the business acumen, and corporate culture it requires. But to achieve their potential everything depends on the functionality of DNotes and its supporting services.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Optimiza

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:15:17 AM

Dnotes price collapse has been spectacular and today it shed 40% of its value.  One wonders why?
Bitcoin!

Activity: 768
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:01:03 AM

Its delisted from poloniex any plans on bringing dnotes to another exchange like bittrex?

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Report to moderator 
_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
kopes18

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:05:46 AM

Hi, @DNotes @Dyna. Great thanks for answering my newbie questions.

I see the the coin launched on 2014, the actual dev starts from April 2017. During 2014 and 2017 what DNotes focused is marketing.

I think it will be great to add some new technical improvement, for example: consensus protocol, lightening network, private sending and so on.

For me, I was a developer, making development thoughts and basic report are not complicated, actually quite simple and fun. Cause it's sharing the new ideas and progresses to everyone. I even write some to myself helping me organize the coding design.

If the developer could push the work to Github I'm sure this will gain a lot faith to DNotes holders.

Why not coding in the open source way? So that ppl can also contribute ideas, even code to DNotes2.0. Although I'm not a blockchain developer, but maybe someone in the community is good at this. For example the development of Linux and Bitcoin.

Since DNotes Global is not a none profit foundation, what the business plan to attract and convince investors to invest in the company?

No problem kopes18.

To see the projects we have been working on since 2014, please see our roadmap here: http://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-roadmap/
Quote from Alan above "For the first three years, we focused in developing our ecosystems, i.e. – CryptoMoms, DNotesVault, Family of CRISPs, DCEBrief and my book. We waited for the technology to mature and only started working on software development [of DNotes 2.0] on April 1, 2017."

Also see 2017 in the roadmap for our list of carefully planned technical improvements for DNotes 2.0.

As far as open source / github, please see my response above here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.msg24964592#msg24964592
Our GitHub is absolutely open for anyone to contribute, but once the base code of DNotes 2.0 is completed we can more actively promote contributions along with bounties. There is the possibility some of the code will be radically different, so it doesn't make sense for us to promote it until DNotes 2.0 is ready.

DNotes Global Inc. is a for-profit company, for more information on this please see the DNotes story here: http://dnotescoin.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/
http://dnotescoin.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/
I still can't see the business model of DNotes Global as a company.

It is easy to get confused. DNotes itself is a decentralized digital currency. It is governed by algorithm. By itself, and I am trying to keep it simple, it has little capability of executing a business model or business plan. It is leaderless and it cannot be controlled by an individual or a group of individual like a real world business.

We recognize that as a short coming of a decentralized organization. We believe that it is important to have a group, such as ourselves and our community to have sufficient self interest to promote and protect the best interest of DNotes. DNotes Global is an addition to that efforts to carry out the proposed projects on our road-map.

Oh yes, I understand the currency part. But I think to attract Reg. A+ investment the DNotes Global inc should have a business plan for the company investors. I just don't see this part for now. Thanks!

We have a business plan/white paper on the standby that is 90% completed. TeeGee has put in a lot of time working on that. I have also contributed and reviewed his work. Depending on the situation and disclosure requirements it can be completed as business plan, white paper, prospectus, or private placement memorandum, relatively quick.

I am not in favor issuing business plan for general consumption, especially in our industry. It is often a wish list to fool investors; constantly subject to change. At this point, our Road Map is sufficient. Moreover, there is a massive amount of published materials about what we are working on and we are always here to answer any questions.

Additionally, in the case of A+ Mini IPO issuing misleading statements or claims could negatively impact our chances of getting approval. We have always been very conservative but will be even more guarded as we take a serious look at A+ Mini IPO.

Thank you Alan. I'm looking forward to the white paper and business plan.

Yes, I think the roadmap sufficient ok for the coin for now, but since there is no pre mined or other service can relate the coin success to the company. Also DNotes will get 25% fund. This part confusing me, maybe I missed something or it's still in progress in the business plan paper?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:33:27 PM

Hi, @DNotes @Dyna. Great thanks for answering my newbie questions.

I see the the coin launched on 2014, the actual dev starts from April 2017. During 2014 and 2017 what DNotes focused is marketing.

I think it will be great to add some new technical improvement, for example: consensus protocol, lightening network, private sending and so on.

For me, I was a developer, making development thoughts and basic report are not complicated, actually quite simple and fun. Cause it's sharing the new ideas and progresses to everyone. I even write some to myself helping me organize the coding design.

If the developer could push the work to Github I'm sure this will gain a lot faith to DNotes holders.

Why not coding in the open source way? So that ppl can also contribute ideas, even code to DNotes2.0. Although I'm not a blockchain developer, but maybe someone in the community is good at this. For example the development of Linux and Bitcoin.

Since DNotes Global is not a none profit foundation, what the business plan to attract and convince investors to invest in the company?

No problem kopes18.

To see the projects we have been working on since 2014, please see our roadmap here: http://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-roadmap/
Quote from Alan above "For the first three years, we focused in developing our ecosystems, i.e. – CryptoMoms, DNotesVault, Family of CRISPs, DCEBrief and my book. We waited for the technology to mature and only started working on software development [of DNotes 2.0] on April 1, 2017."

Also see 2017 in the roadmap for our list of carefully planned technical improvements for DNotes 2.0.

As far as open source / github, please see my response above here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.msg24964592#msg24964592
Our GitHub is absolutely open for anyone to contribute, but once the base code of DNotes 2.0 is completed we can more actively promote contributions along with bounties. There is the possibility some of the code will be radically different, so it doesn't make sense for us to promote it until DNotes 2.0 is ready.

DNotes Global Inc. is a for-profit company, for more information on this please see the DNotes story here: http://dnotescoin.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/
http://dnotescoin.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/
I still can't see the business model of DNotes Global as a company.

It is easy to get confused. DNotes itself is a decentralized digital currency. It is governed by algorithm. By itself, and I am trying to keep it simple, it has little capability of executing a business model or business plan. It is leaderless and it cannot be controlled by an individual or a group of individual like a real world business.

We recognize that as a short coming of a decentralized organization. We believe that it is important to have a group, such as ourselves and our community to have sufficient self interest to promote and protect the best interest of DNotes. DNotes Global is an addition to that efforts to carry out the proposed projects on our road-map.

Oh yes, I understand the currency part. But I think to attract Reg. A+ investment the DNotes Global inc should have a business plan for the company investors. I just don't see this part for now. Thanks!

We have a business plan/white paper on the standby that is 90% completed. TeeGee has put in a lot of time working on that. I have also contributed and reviewed his work. Depending on the situation and disclosure requirements it can be completed as business plan, white paper, prospectus, or private placement memorandum, relatively quick.

I am not in favor issuing business plan for general consumption, especially in our industry. It is often a wish list to fool investors; constantly subject to change. At this point, our Road Map is sufficient. Moreover, there is a massive amount of published materials about what we are working on and we are always here to answer any questions.

Additionally, in the case of A+ Mini IPO issuing misleading statements or claims could negatively impact our chances of getting approval. We have always been very conservative but will be even more guarded as we take a serious look at A+ Mini IPO.

Thank you Alan. I'm looking forward to the white paper and business plan.

Yes, I think the roadmap sufficient ok for the coin for now, but since there is no pre mined or other service can relate the coin success to the company. Also DNotes will get 25% fund. This part confusing me, maybe I missed something or it's still in progress in the business plan paper?

Hi kopes18. Many of the questions you asked have been answered, most of them many times. I recommend one of two things, or even both. First, do a quick read of this forum starting from page one. If necessary, go to our old forum as well, dating back to February 18, 2014. Second, PM me to arrange a Skype call. If it is important to you, I am delighted to give you 30 minutes.

DNotes is uniquely different, in our business model, strategies and execution, as well as style and substance. It is difficult for most people to connect the dots. Like a chess game, it is difficult for the audience to understand the strategies behind every move.

FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:46:45 PM

It's crazy I think the same DNOTES and NEM are my favorite coins I also just picked up ZENCASH as my new coin they have a good dev team and keep the community updated with everything that's happening   
kopes18

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:53:52 PM

Hi kopes18. Many of the questions you asked have been answered, most of them many times. I recommend one of two things, or even both. First, do a quick read of this forum starting from page one. If necessary, go to our old forum as well, dating back to February 18, 2014. Second, PM me to arrange a Skype call. If it is important to you, I am delighted to give you 30 minutes.

DNotes is uniquely different, in our business model, strategies and execution, as well as style and substance. It is difficult for most people to connect the dots. Like a chess game, it is difficult for the audience to understand the strategies behind every move.
I see I see, haha thank you I will.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:27:41 PM

Its delisted from poloniex any plans on bringing dnotes to another exchange like bittrex?

Yes, we are. But realistically, don't expect another major exchange listing DNotes soon. It takes time, especially, when we are in the process of switching over to DNotes 2.0.

Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:01:49 PM

I really enjoyed the article, especially because I hadn't heard about the Enron scandal. But it makes me really wonder about the definition of a 'bubble'. I've read about the Tulip bubble, the over-heated market and investing in investment companies that preceded that Wall Street Crash of 1929, the dotcom bubble, and in Australia, we've been waiting for the real-estate bubble to pop for well over a decade now. But the difference I see between these bubbles, and the cryptocurrency bubble is the underlying value of the investment. Tulips were over-priced, but still had natural value. Where as many of the dotcom companies received investment without ever having much of a chance at success, and had nothing of value at the time of investment other than a plan or an idea.

I think that the cryptocurrency bubble can be reasonably divided into two halves. One is bitcoin and the other is speculation on the value of ICO tokens.

I'm just guessing, but my feeling is that the majority of investors in ICOs never intend to use most of their tokens on the service that the ICO company is developing. For example, if you buy into an ICO that is going to offer you the ability to buy listening-hours on a music content platform, and invest US$1,000. It is not because you intend to get $1,000 dollars worth of great listening experience from your tokens. It is because you're hoping that you'll be able to sell the tokens to investors or listeners for more than you paid for them. If the ICO developers deliver a solid and wanted product, you might make a legitimate income by assisting developers bring a product to market. But because these ICOs typically gain hundreds of times more in funding than the development should cost on the open market, I feel like this outcome is unlikely or will be vary rare.

Instead my guess is that early buyers in ICOs will profit by selling to the greater fool, and like any other pyramid scheme, it is doomed to end in tears. In this way, I see the ICO industry when viewed as a single unit as a bubble caused by investors hoping for nothing more than to sell before the crash.

Bitcoin is different to this. And while the current price might be ten or one hundred times its present value, I believe that at some point in the future, the current price will reflect bitcoin's real worth as a utility, not a commodity. I also believe this is a widely held view and that many people who buy into bitcoin, even at the current price, will hold onto their investment through any trough, in the solid belief that it will always recover.

But when I refer to bitcoin, I'm not really thinking about the current dominant cryptocurrency. I'm thinking about the utility of the blockchain concept and the coin that does the best job of providing that utility and supporting services. I am also aware that I'm not alone in this way of thinking because the concept is neatly wrapped up in the term, "the flippening". This is the point where bitcoin loses the combined market advantages that it currently enjoys from being both the first, and the most valuable / popular.

If or when a cryptocurrency becomes more popular than bitcoin, it is believed that there will be a sudden and irreversible shift of investment from bitcoin, to the new favourite. And this is where I see the line between tokens, and other cryptocurrencies. Certainly some believe that bitcoin will continue to be the base coin, while their favoured cryptocurrency will be successful in parallel due to better functionality and supporting services. But I'm sure just as many investors in alt-currencies believe that they choice will eventually win out over bitcoin, and they will reap huge profits by being early adopters taking advantage of an undervalued coin.

So while I don't see bitcoin as a concept as being a bubble, I do believe that there will be a point in time when bitcoin the currency will lose favour to some other currency and become close to worthless. And in that way, bitcoin owners who don't move fast enough will be burnt by the flippening as surely as investors in a bubble.

As for DNotes, I see that it has huge potential. DNotes Global Inc is currently providing value to the community with its strong focus on education, and the care it is taking to establish a standard of ethical and inclusive behaviour in the industry. I don't see DNotes cryptocurrency having much current value as a utility because I have not seen it traded for goods or services outside of its growing community. I have never independently come across DNotes being used functionally. So whether DNotes will end up providing functional services along side bitcoin, or if ultimately DNotes will become the coin to dethrone bitcoin, I can't tell. I see they have the business acumen, and corporate culture it requires. But to achieve their potential everything depends on the functionality of DNotes and its supporting services.

I wouldn't call this a definitive example of utility value or functionality by any means, but I've gifted people DNotes for doing voluntary work, and have included DNotes as a tip/gratuity for work that was paid in fiat. The thing I like about this means of distribution is that you're giving it to people who know the value of hard work, and understand what value productivity adds to a financial network. DNotesVault makes this very easy, because it doesn't take much tech experience to figure out, and all people need to remember to receive money is the email address they used to sign up.

The ICO's are truly getting insane, many of them don't even have a blockchain at the time of launch. So if a promise to build a blockchain can be worth how ever many hundreds of millions of dollars to speculators, then what is a blockchain that has been operating functionally for several years worth? I've been kicking around cryptocurrency for a few years now and in that time I've seen hundreds and hundreds of blockchains break or be completely abandoned. I have never and will never participate in a black market ICO, because I've witnessed far too high a percentage of investors lose it all in a short period of time. DNotes has made is through some pretty tough trials and tribulations... I mean if we look at the price now, let's face it, it's bad. But even with that low price, the team is unwavering in their support and level of work ethic. While a good majority of teams would walk away from problems like this, we hit them head on and keep plowing through!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:46:05 PM

I wouldn't call this a definitive example of utility value or functionality by any means, but I've gifted people DNotes for doing voluntary work, and have included DNotes as a tip/gratuity for work that was paid in fiat. The thing I like about this means of distribution is that you're giving it to people who know the value of hard work, and understand what value productivity adds to a financial network. DNotesVault makes this very easy, because it doesn't take much tech experience to figure out, and all people need to remember to receive money is the email address they used to sign up.

The ICO's are truly getting insane, many of them don't even have a blockchain at the time of launch. So if a promise to build a blockchain can be worth how ever many hundreds of millions of dollars to speculators, then what is a blockchain that has been operating functionally for several years worth? I've been kicking around cryptocurrency for a few years now and in that time I've seen hundreds and hundreds of blockchains break or be completely abandoned. I have never and will never participate in a black market ICO, because I've witnessed far too high a percentage of investors lose it all in a short period of time. DNotes has made is through some pretty tough trials and tribulations... I mean if we look at the price now, let's face it, it's bad. But even with that low price, the team is unwavering in their support and level of work ethic. While a good majority of teams would walk away from problems like this, we hit them head on and keep plowing through!

Tim, again excellent job. I appreciate your earnest efforts to look at things from different prospective and share the reasoning why you arrived at that conclusion.

This is the current reality confronting our industry, “majority of investors in ICOs never intend to use most of their tokens on the service that the ICO company is developing …. early buyers in ICOs will profit by selling to the greater fool.” It is difficult to refute this statement.

Herein lies the problem. The token is sold as an investment. It is speculated, sometimes manipulated, as an investment for greater gain. All the characteristics, based on facts and circumstances, lead one to conclude that it is a security, labeled as “token”. We could call it by a different name, but that does not change its status. All the characteristics remained the same. It is illegal to sell securities in the United States, and other countries for the matter, that are not registered or exempt.

Now let’s look at the next conundrum. The token, or cryptocurrency is generated in a decentralized setting governed by algorithm. It is leaderless and no single individual or group of individuals controls it or has the right to do so. That is the beauty of the decentralized system. But, it has its limitations and can be problematic as we have seen many times.  

There is another crucial point to consider. The token holders, or stakeholders have no ownership rights to the private entity that raised all the money with total control over them. The “Golden Rule” applies here just as well – “He who holds the gold makes the rules.” The rules are never in favor of those who have handed over their money, without ownership rights to the new asset – a private entity in most cases. Unfortunately, the prevailing mentality is – who cares, if, I can find a greater fool and still make a profit. Sadly, we always run out of “fools” even when one is born every minute. That is the impending risk of a typical bubble before reaching its breaking point.

We have the foresight to see all these at the launching of DNotes on February 18, 2014 and have been building a different path; whereby, one day, we can successfully bridge the gap between the new decentralized world with the centralized world. I have no doubt that it can be done, and it will be done. But, wow, getting people to understand to the point that they can connect all the dots seems to be our biggest challenge.

With due respect, many in our industry are clueless what DNotes is all about.  I am sure we have many skilled writers in our community who can do a good job in explaining the DNotes difference and an effective way to connect the dots. I challenge you to join me in our efforts to get the message out.

In preparation for our funding for DNotes Global, Inc. I have been talking to many professionals in the legal and financial arena and keeping myself extremely busy these days. It is very challenging, but I believe it will be well worth it. While not many of them are as knowledgeable on the relevant subjects as I wished, I believe that we can engage the right firm to assist us in getting the job done. And there is a general consent that A+ Mini-IPO title IV tier 2 is the most appropriate program for us.  

A+ Mini-IPO title IV tier 2 under the Jobs Act allows us to raise up to $50 from accredited investors, and non-accredited investors with a 10% limit on annual gross earnings or net worth whichever is greater.  We can set a lower minimum, like $5 but cannot raise more than $50 over 12 months. Although only US and Canadian companies are qualified to use Reg. A+, anyone globally can participate as an investor, subject to their domestic rules if any. Equally important, once approved general solicitations and advertisement worldwide are permitted.

I shall conclude here and wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:10:35 PM

From All of Us to All of You, Happy Thanksgiving!

https://dcebrief.com/from-all-of-us-to-all-of-you-happy-thanksgiving/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:06:35 AM

"Because great leadership is a privilege that must never be taken for granted, I am thankful for each day that I can share my wisdom and insight with my team, my friends, and my growing list of followers. I know my own personal limitations, so I am thankful that I am surrounded by others who share my belief that our united efforts can change the world for the better. Thank you, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!” - Alan Yong

Read more: https://dcebrief.com/from-all-of-us-to-all-of-you-happy-thanksgiving/
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 06:51:29 AM

Local Regulation of a Global Currency

I'm going to start with admitting I have absolutely no idea how China adjusted its cash liquidity in the article linked below. I'm hoping someone on this thread can shine some light on that, because it did not seem to devalue the CNY like printing cash would.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/chinas-liquid-injection-could-be-bitcoins-delight

But I certainly recognised the effect the article claims shutting down Chinese exchanges has had. kopes18 had already confirmed my suspicions that exchanges would have just moved their operations, but not their customer base:
Most exchanges in China have already moved outside, Hong Kong, Japan and so on.

This article adds to that by pointing out how China may have moved against exchanges to stop the outflow of capital. But instead of achieving it, their move has now moved profits to the countries that the exchanges have been forced to move to.

I find all this fascinating because before cryptocurrencies enabled true exchange of value regardless of country of origin, similar moves controlling the physical exchange of fiat currencies were much more successful. Certainly excessive control of fiat exchange plays into the hands of black markets. But the clear increase of risk works to dampen that trade. Whereas the inbuilt security of cryptocurrency makes dealing with markets outlawed by your own country much safer. Leaving your cryptocurrency in these exchanges is still a high risk proposition though.

So while it is clear that the disruptive effect of cryptocurrencies and their ability to transfer value much cheaper than banking services provide puts the old financial systems under pressure and into opposition. China's actions, as an early and effective controller, expose how futile government regulation will be. This is, in my opinion, likely to discourage the big banks from putting pressure on governments to regulate cryptocurrency to retain their own market advantage. And this leaves them the final option of funding and generating negative propaganda about the cryptocurrency industry instead. And as I see it, the coming collapse of many ICO ventures will give them plenty to write warnings about. Let's just see how effective they are at muddying the water between tokens and alt-currencies.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
ZurbCash

Activity: 104

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:41:17 PM

After a super big lose of 94% i moved my coins from poloniex to cryptopia. My question is If someone leave DNotes on exchange will they be swapped automatically or what?

Hi ZurbCash, welcome to the DNotes forum. We do intend to reach out to the exchanges to participate in the swap, but ultimately it will be up to each exchange. The DNotesVault will be automatically swapped upon release of DNotes 2.0.

Ok i have moved my coins to dnotesvault.com, now my coins will auto swap?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:52:54 PM

Local Regulation of a Global Currency

I'm going to start with admitting I have absolutely no idea how China adjusted its cash liquidity in the article linked below. I'm hoping someone on this thread can shine some light on that, because it did not seem to devalue the CNY like printing cash would.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/chinas-liquid-injection-could-be-bitcoins-delight

But I certainly recognised the effect the article claims shutting down Chinese exchanges has had. kopes18 had already confirmed my suspicions that exchanges would have just moved their operations, but not their customer base:
Most exchanges in China have already moved outside, Hong Kong, Japan and so on.

This article adds to that by pointing out how China may have moved against exchanges to stop the outflow of capital. But instead of achieving it, their move has now moved profits to the countries that the exchanges have been forced to move to.

I find all this fascinating because before cryptocurrencies enabled true exchange of value regardless of country of origin, similar moves controlling the physical exchange of fiat currencies were much more successful. Certainly excessive control of fiat exchange plays into the hands of black markets. But the clear increase of risk works to dampen that trade. Whereas the inbuilt security of cryptocurrency makes dealing with markets outlawed by your own country much safer. Leaving your cryptocurrency in these exchanges is still a high risk proposition though.

So while it is clear that the disruptive effect of cryptocurrencies and their ability to transfer value much cheaper than banking services provide puts the old financial systems under pressure and into opposition. China's actions, as an early and effective controller, expose how futile government regulation will be. This is, in my opinion, likely to discourage the big banks from putting pressure on governments to regulate cryptocurrency to retain their own market advantage. And this leaves them the final option of funding and generating negative propaganda about the cryptocurrency industry instead. And as I see it, the coming collapse of many ICO ventures will give them plenty to write warnings about. Let's just see how effective they are at muddying the water between tokens and alt-currencies.

Thanks, Tim. I am no expert on this subject either, especially since I have not stayed as current on China economic and financial situations as I used to be.

China’s growth over the last few decades has been spectacular. However, it was done at an excessive cost. They became aggressively over-leveraged with the participation of hundreds of SOEs (State-owned Enterprises) SOEs are notorious for their poor management, inefficiency, inaccurate data reporting, and corruptions. Reforms have been going on for the last 20 years with minimal improvement.

This is worth noting, “To offset the economic slowdown due to decreased exports from the 2008 global financial crisis, SOEs have taken on an increased role in government spending, triggering an even sharper deterioration of SOE accounts. The latest official data show that the total assets and liabilities of Chinese SOEs reached 144.90 trillion RMB (US$22 trillion) and 95.26 trillion RMB (US$14.4 trillion) respectively by the end of July 2017. While accounting for a quarter of national total assets, SOEs only accounted for a seventh of China’s GDP in 2016.” http://www.eastasiaforum.org/2017/10/04/chinas-twenty-year-dream-of-soe-reform-still-unfulfilled/

China certainly has a capital drain problem the Chinese government has been concerned about for some time. Meanwhile, the government is also concerned that the Chinese economy has been slowing down. One of the common tools of Central banks is to buy and sell securities – (short and long-term).

“When the central bank buys securities, it adds cash to the banks' reserves. That gives them more money to lend. When the central bank sells the securities, it places them on the banks' balance sheets and reduces its cash holdings. The bank now has less to lend. A central bank buys securities when it wants expansionary monetary policy. It sells them when it executes contractionary monetary policy.”  https://www.thebalance.com/monetary-policy-tools-how-they-work-3306129

Chinese citizens are very resourceful. They can always find a different way to get their money out of the country. Bitcoin and digital currency made it more convenient.

Deleveraging seldom has a short-term impact on the value of the currency. However, over the longer-term it could be a contributor to unintended consequences – devaluation of the currency. In the meantime, it involves many balancing acts.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:00:59 PM

After a super big lose of 94% i moved my coins from poloniex to cryptopia. My question is If someone leave DNotes on exchange will they be swapped automatically or what?

Hi ZurbCash, welcome to the DNotes forum. We do intend to reach out to the exchanges to participate in the swap, but ultimately it will be up to each exchange. The DNotesVault will be automatically swapped upon release of DNotes 2.0.

Ok i have moved my coins to dnotesvault.com, now my coins will auto swap?

Great move. Yes, DNotesVault will swap your coins 1 for 1 upon the release of DNotes 2.0.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 05:32:37 PM

A couple more pictures the World Funding Summit has shared.

Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:26:36 PM

The US Department of Justice is reportedly considering action against rogue ICOs

https://www.businessinsider.com/icos-us-department-of-justice-considering-action-against-rogue-ico-2017-11

The US Department of Justice (DoJ) is considering taking action against "initial coin offerings" (ICOs), according to a report in the Financial Times.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: