Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:30:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:12:05 AM

Now isn't that fancy Terrahash got 360 Chips from Zefir Batch 2.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg3045068#msg3045068

Sweet thats like 5/20 of my K64s

No that is both of my K64s  Tongue
LOL thats hilarious, you guys can draw straws or better yet flip a coin....

You forget who has the first order  Cool

Bargraphics, we gotta luv ya man,,,I know you have the first massive order! lol,,,,

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:15:51 AM

Requested a refund last week, and again today.  Haven't heard a peep from TerraCrash.

PayPal is investigating them again.

I would expect they are under the circumstances....

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:30:47 AM

Now isn't that fancy Terrahash got 360 Chips from Zefir Batch 2.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg3045068#msg3045068

Sweet thats like 5/20 of my K64s

No that is both of my K64s  Tongue
LOL thats hilarious, you guys can draw straws or better yet flip a coin....

You forget who has the first order  Cool

Bargraphics, we gotta luv ya man,,,I know you have the first massive order! lol,,,,

I wonder if they will assemble 5 and start hashing with them for me since I'm hosted too. That would be nice Smiley

LOL,,,ya really! I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask,, Smiley the worst than can say is hell no! lol

massnerder

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:33:50 AM

Not happy about waiting 3 months for a refund, but appreciate the option.
Is this 3 months from initial purchase date, or 3 months from a refund request?

New Option
c) Credit\Transfer 100% of existing purchase towards new product announcement

this and this again, depending on what this new product announcement is  Grin
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 01:36:26 AM

Requested a refund last week, and again today.  Haven't heard a peep from TerraCrash.

PayPal is investigating them again.

I would expect they are under the circumstances....

If you request from TH chances are you will get no response.  I got my paypal refund long ago.  They could have cared less about dispute they never once responded within paypal.  Once it was escalated to claim they TH threatened me about paypal rulling aginst me and what would happen.  This is where my TH feelings came from.

With amount of claims and disputes TH's account has gotten i would be surprised if they are able to use it with future orders.  They will most likely want BTC only.

My predictions or as bar called them doom and gloom were really very much spot on:
"Most likely predictions:
They claim to change chips, this basically extends time they have and they will promise higher speeds with newer generation of chip.
They claim to change chips, make this a big announcement and open up preorders again."

They have made a partial announcement, when they make next it will be a different chip.  TH HAS NOT designed anything they are a middle man trying to pay others for design, parts, etc.  Really they take orders..... and there should have been a product is how the company should have worked.

When their big announcement comes out will no doubt re-open ordering(yes this is my prediction see if my magic 8 ball works again).  If they don't re-open orders with announcements i will NEVER post in this thread again.  

After how TH treated me i worry about other current customers trying to get money back.  They have already said they don't have the equity to refund all orders.  Please look at how a Incorporated company works, and legal laws with it.  One of the main reasons you become a Inc. is to separate personal assets and business assets. (They could make a argument it makes it easier to sell.... but i don't predict this..... also i don't see their reason having to do with any business loans as i truly doubt they could get it without substantial collateral).  With being incorporated if they are sued or paypal goes after them personal assets and business assets are completely separate.  IF THEY ARE SUED AND YOU WIN The salary the even they mentioned in expenses will never be seen again by buyers.  Their building rent, electricity, internet which we know they have expenses will never be seen again by buyers. Many of their expenses they mention have yet to be verified, even some verified such as chip orders they later said were not expenses with magic get out of order clause.  If you were lucky un-verified expenses have been false. Leaving more money for buyers.

Anyways those on the fence looking at waiting the three months they said they needed to get money for 100 percent refunds just think.   If they cannot produce your money now, and they have not successfully produced even a small quantity yet alone a big order.  What will change in the next three months to make them profitable?  They don't have a proper working K-16 without errors and poor speed.  And they never did produce that K-64 they said they were working on to show.  What do they do with their sample chips?

When new announcement comes out, think hard before putting money in a order with them or any upgrade fees.  And without a new income of cash they will no doubt fail.  They don't have cash for refunds, how do they have cash for new product that will be announced?

/End of feelings after 200 pages
(I am not a lawyer or play one on TV what stated is my own personal opinion and observation's.  I could and do hope i am wrong for bitcoin community on TH, but don't believe I am)
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 01:54:33 AM

I got my paypal refund long ago.  

Why are you even posting here?  Go away and leave honest people alone.
aznewsh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:58:55 AM

I got my paypal refund long ago.  

Why are you even posting here?  Go away and leave honest people alone.

Because he has got some common sense and doesn't want other people to get burned.

Why are you so keen to attract other people into a shady deal, are you on TH payrole? What is in it for you?

Then I saw TH face
I said I'm a believer
I couldn't leave her if I tried....

Get real son and get out.
-Redacted-

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 03:02:58 AM

I'm not attempting to attract anyone into anything, and Terrahash is not taking orders.  I'm a customer waiting for my boards.  And, I'm someone that doesn't appreciate trolls...
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 03:04:39 AM

I'm not attempting to attract anyone into anything, and Terrahash is not taking orders.  I'm a customer waiting for my boards.  And, I'm someone that doesn't appreciate trolls...

Getting a refund for a months late product makes you a 'troll'?

-Redacted-

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 03:07:12 AM

1.) The product is not late.  It was promised "two weeks after receipt of chips".
2.) Somone that claims to have gotten a refund and comes around just to puke on the thread about how other people are dumb fucks, is a troll.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 03:14:27 AM

We will be assembling a test K64 tomorrow.

We really don't know what's happening at Avalon's end. We have not received any communication from Yifu whatsoever.

We are already working on Plan B. Can't reveal anything right now. But will update as soon as we can.

Countdown clock for the "assembled" k64

Timer removed. End time: 2013-08-30+24:00:00PST

Times almost up Terrahash, where are the boards?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
aznewsh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 03:15:18 AM

There is often two sides to a discussion, if the other side doesn't agree with you that doesn't make them a troll - that is a weak argument because you have nothing else.

I placed an order and even though I was smart enough to get a refund much earlier I did invest time in this venture and so did the previous poster who you disagree with. That entitles me to post whatever I like based on my experiences with TH for the good of all others who need to know what a shady outfit they are.

You already know this but have decided to put your fingers in your ears and go la la la for whatever reason.

I am sorry son that is not the reality, the reality is they screwed you over, they do not issue refunds as promised unless forced, they do not even respond to support requests and they have not delivered any product, not even close!

You can be a fanboy all you wish and say la la la, but it won't change anything. The people who already got out just realized sooner than you did, no need to be bitter.

Find a way to get out, don't wait around for a product that if by some miracle it arrives won't even make a fraction of ROI.

We are not being mean or trolls we are being real.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 04:17:10 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2013, 04:34:10 AM by MinermanNC

Honestly, anyone can post anything in any thread if they so desire. I see mostly folks simply venting in here and (rightfully so) or just giving honest opinions,  so others can at least have a chance to make an informed decision based on their experiences with TH. Most of us never got that chance. Do you think for a moment that had I or most of us been able to read what we now can read about TH, we would have placed an order with them? or would we have perhaps looked at other options in ordering/pre ordering of asics?

Again, aside from TH's lack of comunications since the beginning" (and bad luck with getting their hands on the chips) I think they have the abillity to produce a product sooner or later. Im sure they realize now, it was a bad move to use the customer's order funds to fund their daily operations and development cost. (even tho im sure a lot do in this business  BFL for ex.) That money should have come from a seperate source, thats what small business loans are for,,start up cost and of course some of your own money out of pocket, knowing it may be lost as part of the risk in any small business start up. Otherwise, you shouldn't attempt to start any business,,,,believe me this comes from 24 years of having my own small businesses, and it ain't been easy!

massnerder

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 05:12:42 AM

You sound like the typical 40 year old that has made bad decisions their whole life and now doesn't care about anyone else but their own greed.

ROFL!!! Here comes BG to earn another imaginary 'badge'.  Mr. 'I'm here to make money, not friends' talking about greed??  Seriously?

Otherwise shut the fuck up™

Yea...  this.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 05:15:52 AM

I can see i sparked a reaction.  I'm just sharing my experience, I'm not trying to troll.  Maybe you have had great luck with TH and Amir specifically.  I did not as i mentioned in my post.

I posted as a former customer, hoping that once they do this new announcement I might save even one person from the terrible experience i had with TH.   No corporation should threaten a customer outside of paypal to close claim, specifically after not responding during dispute time period.  And only sending threatning email not bothering to talk within paypal.  

Its almost 100 percent they will do a announcement and open and start selling again.  With them being a Corporation, I just felt to share the warning in case someone didn't know how once things such as salary are paid out of a Inc. you basically cannot sue for that money unless a huge violation of the segregation of the inc and personal accounts.

I also stated i am not a lawyer, and it was my opinion.  My opinion is one of a former customer.  If i saved one person from being threatened by a small company and messing with paypal it was worth typing.  

I can understand your anger over waiting on boards from TH.  On these boards they still have not shown a k-16 working proper without hw errors and good rate, let alone k-64 they said they were putting together.  

With them pre-announcing a announcement I personally think this has to do with amount of refund requests, and paypal disputes specifically.    Just wait till official announcement and see if they open up orders again.  Chances are there will also be upgrades hopefully free, but also some I'm willing to be they will say so much percent off to upgrade to something higher.

Just give it a TH week which is hard to tell exactly how long that will be, but their new product will have new orders.   With their financial situation the only way they can do a new generation is more money, specifically if all of their unverified parts expenses are true.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 12:05:39 PM

We really don't know what's happening at Avalon's end. We have not received any communication from Yifu whatsoever.

We are already working on Plan B. Can't reveal anything right now. But will update as soon as we can.

Looks like you lost, where are the boards Terrahash?

Were you even able to get 1 k16 running at 333*16 without HW errors?

Amir, Justin,
You should pack it up and close your doors, save yourself from bankruptcy and the lawsuits that are surely coming your way.

You have failed in every way:
Failure to communicate in any meaningful way: check
Failure to produce a working prototype: check
Failure to recruit customer advocates: check
Failure to meet any of your own deadlines or promises: check

You failed and this is now undeniable.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
massnerder

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 01:17:57 PM

You sound like the typical 40 year old that has made bad decisions their whole life and now doesn't care about anyone else but their own greed.
ROFL!!! Here comes BG to earn another imaginary 'badge'.  Mr. 'I'm here to make money, not friends' talking about greed??  Seriously?

You sound very jealous of my badges, it's ok one day you might be able to get one.

If that means I will have to ignore reason that I happen to dislike and result to ad hominem attacks because I simply can't refute those things with my own reasoning, then no thanks, keep all the 'badges' for yourself.  If they make you feel better than maybe you need them more than me.  I have watched you BS all over this thread for months, you are not one bit different from the other side that you love to argue with so much.

Actually, I take that back.  You are different.  Because the other side does at times bring some valid reasoning to the table along with all their other BS.  You, on the other hand, do not.  I may disagree with some of these folks going on about TH being a shady operation that screwed us over, and I disagree with folks urging others to refund just as much as I disagree with your urging people to not refund.  TH has come out and said they are legally obligated to refund, whether I or he or she wishes to do so or not is none of your business.  Let's let those people decide for themselves, based on facts and logic rather than your whole pro/anti TH back and forth.  The other side does raise a few valid points.... which you ignore as you launch personal attacks, again and again. The only point you have raised is an emotional appeal to people to not refund because TH doesn't deserve to fail based on Avalon's shortcomings.  And you know what?  You are absolutely right.  But that one point is not a valid one, many businesses fail that don't deserve it.  Not that I want to see that happen to TH, very few here do, it's just a simple fact.  So, until you have something relevant to say I suggest both you and the other side take your own advice, mind your own business, and shut the fuck up.  

Looks like you lost, where are the boards Terrahash?

Take this, for example.  I may not like what he has to say or the manner in which he says it, but he at least does raise a point that is both valid and relevant.  I had high hopes when I saw TH post that little meme, but here we are the following day and no word back from TH...  deja vu!   Roll Eyes
massnerder

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 01:27:26 PM

I actually got maybe a sentence into your little speech and decided you were not worth my time. Next! *Another Badge Earned*

In other words, 'Thinking is hard, I don't wanna!'  Wink
-Redacted-

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 01:31:35 PM

Roll Eyes

Yeah - me too...
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 01:59:22 PM

Similar to dumb and dumber... Except the order is reversed in this case above.

Bar - Tell us about your piles of money and all of it you're losing on your investment strategy again? Also make sure you throw in that you lose more in Vegas, it makes you sound very wise!

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: