Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:27:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:25:06 PM

If anyone in these forum
Put money at terrahash for their hosting
Will be the most stupid person at world

Why? Terrahash's faults lie completely with the Avalon chips.  How can we judge a company on their product when they don't have all the parts for a product?

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:54:13 PM

If anyone in these forum

Why? Terrahash's faults lie completely with the Avalon chips.  How can we judge a company on their product when they don't have all the parts for a product?

TH's faults go much deeper.  Try to send them a ticket and see it not get answered.  Think customer service will instantly change when their business plan does?...... it wont.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:54:59 PM

If anyone in these forum

Why? Terrahash's faults lie completely with the Avalon chips.  How can we judge a company on their product when they don't have all the parts for a product?

inb4 "Because they wouldn't have had the boards completed!#!#@!@!!"

Even though BKK never finilized the K64 code between boards,

Even though Terrahash is actively in that thread helping people and asking questions,

Even though Terrahash had one of the first boards operational (Even if it had HW Errors)

Even though Terrahash now has the K16 Boards completely finished and working with < 1% hw issues.

Even though the same individuals that apparently think "What-If" Scenarios hold any weight in the real world.

Check-Mate
BG you remind be a little of "Baghdad Bob" I think your a little in denial, still believing your massive order of chips and boards will come one day and still be worth anything, let alone be able to sell or sluff them off to someone on ebay... but I admire your loyalty to the cause and TH Smiley not that TH didn't have the potential...but?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrXhxmQJSS0

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
krayzie32

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:55:51 PM

If anyone in these forum

Why? Terrahash's faults lie completely with the Avalon chips.  How can we judge a company on their product when they don't have all the parts for a product?

TH's faults go much deeper.  Try to send them a ticket and see it not get answered.  Think customer service will instantly change when their business plan does?...... it wont.  And if thats one of your alt accounts hi Amir!

I have a ticket in that isn't answered and yes it makes me upset but nowhere near enough to cancel or say they are a scam.  When in doubt claim the other person is an alt.  So you are KNC's alt?  Trying to make the competition look worse.

krayzie32

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:33:11 PM

If anyone in these forum

TH's faults go much deeper.  Try to send them a ticket and see it not get answered.  Think customer service will instantly change when their business plan does?...... it wont.  And if thats one of your alt accounts hi Amir!

I have a ticket in that isn't answered and yes it makes me upset but nowhere near enough to cancel or say they are a scam.  When in doubt claim the other person is an alt.  So you are KNC's alt?  Trying to make the competition look worse.

HA HA HA that is great you go and edit your post when you are called out.  Don't worry notlist3d I have the original txt in my reply!  But you got me I am an alt for Terrahash, I used my time machine to go back to "Date Registered:  May 23, 2011, 05:02:04 PM " and make an account to sit on for 2 years before forming a company.  Good detective work skills you have.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:33:40 PM

If anyone in these forum

You will notice i took it out right after post as I felt after typing it it was no proof on your account.   Amir did use alt accounts, when this thread started there were a few specifically that started right then and i have a feeling if mods look at IP it would no doubt be confirmed.    I am no ones alt to be fair I am mining with GPU's and ASICMiner gear.  Why ASICMiner right now, because they deliver a product and i enjoy mining.  I would have LOVED to be running some k-16's but TH simply did not pan out, and Amir is a horrible customer relations person.  If you did any tickets months ago you most likely would have talked to him, if you did I would be surprised if you ended it with a pleasant experience.

TH's competition needs to do nothing to make them look worse.  TH did so bad on hardware they are now going into hosting and buying others hardware.   If you honestly think after all their lies, missed promises, you should keep your order with them then more power to you.  You are truly a loyal TH customer.

In three months want to take bets on if they give out full refunds?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:36:39 PM

If anyone in these forum

HA HA HA that is great you go and edit your post when you are called out.  Don't worry notlist3d I have the original txt in my reply!  But you got me I am an alt for Terrahash, I used my time machine to go back to "Date Registered:  May 23, 2011, 05:02:04 PM " and make an account to sit on for 2 years before forming a company.  Good detective work skills you have.

Please look above at post.  And it was edited right after before your post even was posted.  And on a side note date registered does not mean not a alt..... people do sell accounts you know.

But as i admitted i jumped the gun on calling you a alt.  You are just a fool it seems on trusting TH.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 03:37:46 PM

If anyone in these forum

You will notice i took it out right after post as I felt after typing it it was no proof on your account.   Amir did use alt accounts, when this thread started there were a few specifically that started right then and i have a feeling if mods look at IP it would no doubt be confirmed.    I am no ones alt to be fair I am mining with GPU's and ASICMiner gear.  Why ASICMiner right now, because they deliver a product and i enjoy mining.  I would have LOVED to be running some k-16's but TH simply did not pan out, and Amir is a horrible customer relations person.  If you did any tickets months ago you most likely would have talked to him, if you did I would be surprised if you ended it with a pleasant experience.

TH's competition needs to do nothing to make them look worse.  TH did so bad on hardware they are now going into hosting and buying others hardware.   If you honestly think after all their lies, missed promises, you should keep your order with them then more power to you.  You are truly a loyal TH customer.

In three months want to take bets on if they give out full refunds?

It wont be possible for them to do refunds in 3 months when they are out of business and declared bancruptcy.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:28:17 PM

Bar- At what point do you realize that most people reading your messages, just kind of shake their head and chuckle? What excuse do you have lined up if TH doesn't meet their 2 week promise for the chips that were delivered to them?

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
krayzie32

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:39:45 PM

If anyone in these forum

Please look above at post.  And it was edited right after before your post even was posted.  And on a side note date registered does not mean not a alt..... people do sell accounts you know.

But as i admitted i jumped the gun on calling you a alt.  You are just a fool it seems on trusting TH.

I can't verify anything since this forum does not allow you to know when an edit occurred but you couldn't have edited before I posted or I would not have seen it.

kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:18:00 PM

If anyone in these forum

inb4 "Because they wouldn't have had the boards completed!#!#@!@!!"

Even though BKK never finilized the K64 code between boards,

Even though Terrahash is actively in that thread helping people and asking questions,

Even though Terrahash had one of the first boards operational (Even if it had HW Errors)

Even though Terrahash now has the K16 Boards completely finished and working with < 1% hw issues.

Even though the same individuals that apparently think "What-If" Scenarios hold any weight in the real world.

Check-Mate

So they do have a k16 hashing properly now? And you know this how?
This is extremely good news! Here I thought they were still far behind getting it to work.

Please cite source.

Oh wait.. you cannot. Didnt happen.

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
btceic

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 07:31:31 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.msg3115839#msg3115839

I don't think everyone needs to.abandon.  For the sake of community development. I'd say we finish the project.  If a handful exist  that's okay. I understand people are MIA as well as nerve racked.  That is why I believe wr need fresh hands and eyes on this project.  

Absolutely! I'm not advocating we abandon the project. But there's no point in continuing the design using first-generation Avalon chips. They are obsolete. At this point, with an assembled board in hand, if you mine forever, you will not make back the cost of the miner. However, we can retarget for a different chip and, at the very least, break even.

The design is fully functional, the only thing that needs to be finished is firmware.
I have two boards hashing with only one side (with 8 chips) at about 3Ghps, ~3% ER (without USB ferrite beads), chips overclocked to 375MHz with no overvolt. Other side on each board has few chips that do not respond, but this is because those chips were poorly soldered. And on every board it's different side. Tried to fix it yesterday, but was unsuccessful, and now waiting for solder wick and isopropylalcohol.
I've also tried some modifications in firmware for 16 chips, but it wasn't really usable. The board with that did hash faster, but had around 20% ER - which is a firmware and poorly assembled chips problem, not the design one. Now waiting with this until I fix the other side, then will continue working on FW.
Tried also to contact one of the companies, that claimed to have fully working board (with firmware that hash with all 16 chips), but they did not respond. Anyone here can guess why.
About the ROI, it really is gone now, but you have to take into account, that BTC price will likely go up, so even if you lose now, you can gain later. Especially if you've already made an investment in the HW, chips etc.

Edit:
And about changing the HW for next gen Avalon chips (or any other chips), who is going to make this? Bkk seems to be gone (probably get sick of all the events regarding chips delivery, companies taking advantage of opensource project and giving nothing back) and there is noone (even in the group of those companies, which started their business on this) who is able to make this change.

Is it not possible for you guys to use TerraHash's stuff? They said they have working k16's with less than 1% error rates.

What Terrahash stuff? They have used stuff that Bkk made as opensource. To be absolutely clear on this, I've wrote to them about mine board with 4 chips assembled hashing at 400MHz with around 0.6% ER, when they were asking me via PM about the changes in HW I made to get it working. They were not able to fix even this for the whole time. They claimed even here on this forum, that the design is wrong.
Later, when they did claimed at 5th of September, that they do have a working board, and the only issue there is I2C, I've wrote them again, asking what firmware changes do they made to hash with all 16 chips and that low error rate.
They didn't even bother to wrote me back.
So what do they actually have? Nothing? Lies?

edit: fuck you bar

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:08:55 PM

Roll Eyes
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:36:07 PM

I hate TH's poor customer service
Think I may jump on the refund bandwagon soon

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
syncer

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:41:00 PM

Avalon ASIC
Now accepting refunds from any and all order dates
Due to delays we are now offering full refund in bitcoin for all the Avalon Generation One orders made on any date, It is advise for people to request refunds due to the delay and raise of bitcoin difficulty.

The update refund form can be found on the main store site, linked here.
Due to phishing attempts and spam, any refund request not made containing the original order email and phone number will be automatically rejected by the system and marked as spam, so please bear this in mind.

Avalon Generation Two Chips 55nm
Those who have invested in time and money on Avalon Generation One based devices and clones can rejoice in the fact we had the foresight to make Avalon Generation Two chips completely backward compatible in every way with 110nm generation one chips, which can be expect to go on sale Late October 2013 for immediate shipping. Avalon will no longer participate in any kind of pre-ordering.

Developers and Hobbyists should keep an close eye on our github account as we will be releasing the 55nm chip specification and reference design soon!

Copyright © 2013 BitSyncom LLC, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you have expressed interests in the Avalon ASIC Bitcoin Miner

Our mailing address is:
BitSyncom LLC
187 Wolf Road, Suite 101Albany, NY 12205

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences  

At this point Terrahash, it might be better to ask for a full refund for your Avalon chips and extend the offer to Avalon Gen 2 as you can use roughly the same parts you have in stock.

sounds as perfect solution for me
zero-asic

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:50:34 PM

Avalon ASIC
Due to delays we are now offering full refund in bitcoin for all the Avalon Generation One orders made on any date, It is advise for people to request refunds due to the delay and raise of bitcoin difficulty.

Due to phishing attempts and spam, any refund request not made containing the original order email and phone number will be automatically rejected by the system and marked as spam, so please bear this in mind.

Those who have invested in time and money on Avalon Generation One based devices and clones can rejoice in the fact we had the foresight to make Avalon Generation Two chips completely backward compatible in every way with 110nm generation one chips, which can be expect to go on sale Late October 2013 for immediate shipping. Avalon will no longer participate in any kind of pre-ordering.

Developers and Hobbyists should keep an close eye on our github account as we will be releasing the 55nm chip specification and reference design soon!

You are receiving this email because you have expressed interests in the Avalon ASIC Bitcoin Miner

Our mailing address is:
BitSyncom LLC

At this point Terrahash, it might be better to ask for a full refund for your Avalon chips and extend the offer to Avalon Gen 2 as you can use roughly the same parts you have in stock.

What's funny is new information like this is coming out day after day, it's no wonder Terrahash doesn't want to say anything as what they say could change with the slightest bit of new information coming out and then all the FUDsters would go crazy on them some more.

However I do think that holding out to the Avalon Gen 2 would be a great idea for customers and Terrahash.

Sure Avalon sucks for doing this but honestly they are giving EVERYONE the opportunity to refund in full from them. What other Chip Developer would ever do that? I would buy Gen 2 from them if it was "immediate delivery" as they suggest.
Agreed.  I can hold out for a chip update on my order.

Eloipool + bitcoind Ubuntu 12.04 install scripts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=171782.0
syncer

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:16:01 PM

Avalon ASIC

Our mailing address is:
BitSyncom LLC

What's funny is new information like this is coming out day after day, it's no wonder Terrahash doesn't want to say anything as what they say could change with the slightest bit of new information coming out and then all the FUDsters would go crazy on them some more.

However I do think that holding out to the Avalon Gen 2 would be a great idea for customers and Terrahash.

Sure Avalon sucks for doing this but honestly they are giving EVERYONE the opportunity to refund in full from them. What other Chip Developer would ever do that? I would buy Gen 2 from them if it was "immediate delivery" as they suggest.
get refund and get gen2  - best variant
with lower price per GH must be ok even with already spent money i guess
btceic

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 10:01:13 PM

Let me point it out for you since your trying to bury it with gen 2 BS.

Is it not possible for you guys to use TerraHash's stuff? They said they have working k16's with less than 1% error rates.

What Terrahash stuff? They have used stuff that Bkk made as opensource. To be absolutely clear on this, I've wrote to them about mine board with 4 chips assembled hashing at 400MHz with around 0.6% ER, when they were asking me via PM about the changes in HW I made to get it working. They were not able to fix even this for the whole time. They claimed even here on this forum, that the design is wrong.
Later, when they did claimed at 5th of September, that they do have a working board, and the only issue there is I2C, I've wrote them again, asking what firmware changes do they made to hash with all 16 chips and that low error rate.

Axion_Zen

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:12:06 PM

umm so they didn't reply to guys pm ? Th probably has 5000 pms from you alone.
syncer

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:18:22 PM

umm so they didn't reply to guys pm ? Th probably has 5000 pms from you alone.

yes and refunds\calls\mails\tickets zillions of that
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: