Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:11:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
Shimple

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:24:00 PM

I can promise, we will be more open and be better with customer service this time!

yea right.

Anyone wanna keep track how many times we will hear this line again?

Maybe they can start by answering some of the tickets which i believe noone is getting answers to?

Maybe picking up your damn phone once in a week? That be a good start. [ I noticed that before when I called it would imidaitely send me to the "this person is not available" message but now it rings for a few seconds and THEN gives the same message. Lol? Step in the right direction? They turned on their phone...]
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:26:06 PM

I wonder, out the estimated 600,000 they took in pre orders (based on cryptoins early estimates), was in the form of BTC and or cash? and how much do they have left in the balance? I know there has been a slew of CC chargebacks and Paypal refunds..... plus by the way, most C Card companys will go after a chargeback beyond the 60 day mark if you never received the product.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Humax

Activity: 203

The law of the universe!

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:35:02 PM

It's good to hear that you've come back to the world of the living TH.
Now can I please have my refund of my order #630.
I'm not going to wait for that Yifu bastard to clusterfuck us again with his "business done right" bullshit.
He can stick his 2nd gen. chips up his ass!

Help me feed my hamster! Donate sunflower seeds!
Shimple

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:37:00 PM

I'm not going to wait for that Yifu bastard to clusterfuck us again with his "business done right" bullshit.

Agreed. I just want my refund too and I'm not gonna look back at mining bitcoins. Screw it.
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 08:40:06 PM

I wonder how Amir is going to get a job after this clusterfuck. What excuse could you possibly have for not speaking to your paying customers? Is this how you would treat your next employers clientele?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:54:25 PM

Im sure many here and in the DIY community feel that same way,,,you have a great way with words! lol

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:17:06 PM

I can promise, we will be more open and be better with customer service this time!

yea right.

Any update on your chips?

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
jc328

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:18:40 PM

Here is a current list of what Customers are asking (All the variations that I could find):

Refunds:

100% Refund right now
100% Refund in 3 Months
70% Refund Right now (Due to Part Costs that cannot be refunded)

Exchanges (No Additional Cost):

Receive current units ordered and 20% "Coupon" on Next Venture
Wait for Avalon Gen 2 Chips then build out orders and 20% "Coupon" on Next Venture
Use money spent on current order on Next Venture

If anyone can think of anymore legit variations I'll add them to the list, but off the top of my head these are the ones the community is asking for and what Terrahash offered.

If we can keep this thread organized it may help Terrahash come to a conclusion on what to do quicker. Right now there are plenty of options on the table and new information coming out all the time.

I concur with keeping a simple list of questions to answer for TerraHash.  Thanks Bar.

My only addition would be a specific date for the refund in 3 months vs it being ambiguous.  It was also mentioned that they would do a partial refund immediately, but hopefully we could get a time frame for that as well as I do not believe anyone has gotten a response.

Lastly, it occurred to me that perhaps a third route would be for you to simply refund 50% or what makes financial sense, and then fully in 3 months.  It would at minimum show good faith, and I'm sure most (hopefully) would be patient enough to wait for the rest.  It would provide smoother cash flow distribution and shield you further from legal problems.
hchc

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:33:23 PM

yea right.

3 more days 'til the two weeks deadline. I'm asking them to just ship me individual k16s but as usual no respond.

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

..           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Shimple

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:35:41 PM

Here is a current list of what Customers are asking (All the variations that I could find):

Refunds:

100% Refund right now
100% Refund in 3 Months
70% Refund Right now (Due to Part Costs that cannot be refunded)

Exchanges (No Additional Cost):

Receive current units ordered and 20% "Coupon" on Next Venture
Wait for Avalon Gen 2 Chips then build out orders and 20% "Coupon" on Next Venture
Use money spent on current order on Next Venture

If anyone can think of anymore legit variations I'll add them to the list, but off the top of my head these are the ones the community is asking for and what Terrahash offered.

If we can keep this thread organized it may help Terrahash come to a conclusion on what to do quicker. Right now there are plenty of options on the table and new information coming out all the time.

I concur with keeping a simple list of questions to answer for TerraHash.  Thanks Bar.

My only addition would be a specific date for the refund in 3 months vs it being ambiguous.  It was also mentioned that they would do a partial refund immediately, but hopefully we could get a time frame for that as well as I do not believe anyone has gotten a response.

Lastly, it occurred to me that perhaps a third route would be for you to simply refund 50% or what makes financial sense, and then fully in 3 months.  It would at minimum show good faith, and I'm sure most (hopefully) would be patient enough to wait for the rest.  It would provide smoother cash flow distribution and shield you further from legal problems.

Definitely agree with you on that statement. That would be wonderful.
Shimple

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:20:05 PM

I can almost guarantee that TH will be like BFL. Ask for a refund now, 6-8 months after you receive your product and they say no refund, you got your stuff.

justmyname

Activity: 389

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:41:14 PM

yea right.

3 more days 'til the two weeks deadline. I'm asking them to just ship me individual k16s but as usual no respond.

Will be interested to see if you will get the boards in 2 weeks. Since you have supplied the chips, their shouldn't be any reason not to. Unless they can only do mass amounts of boards at a time due to programming of robotic mounting equipment. I'm not sure, haven't done any manufacturing. Still, they should tell you what's going on.

Thanks to credit card (Bank of America) and PayPal. I won't have to worry about this BS any longer. I checked my account and have received credit to my card for the full amount. Grin   
btceic

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 11:53:11 PM

Will be interested to see if you will get the boards in 2 weeks. <snip...../>

I do not think it is possible for them to deliver anything at all, ever...the below reply is from one of the developers in the BKKCoins thread, basically calling TerraHash out on their BS.

Is it not possible for you guys to use TerraHash's stuff? They said they have working k16's with less than 1% error rates.

What Terrahash stuff? They have used stuff that Bkk made as opensource. To be absolutely clear on this, I've wrote to them about mine board with 4 chips assembled hashing at 400MHz with around 0.6% ER, when they were asking me via PM about the changes in HW I made to get it working. They were not able to fix even this for the whole time. They claimed even here on this forum, that the design is wrong.
Later, when they did claimed at 5th of September, that they do have a working board, and the only issue there is I2C, I've wrote them again, asking what firmware changes do they made to hash with all 16 chips and that low error rate.
They didn't even bother to wrote me back.
So what do they actually have? Nothing? Lies?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:01:55 AM

Hi Amir.

What is the order status of your chips?

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
atomicchaos

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:13:17 AM

Hi,

I've made a thread to try and record what customers feel should happen. It will all be in a google document once there are some posts and will hopefully help Terrahash figure out what is best for customers.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292046.msg3125298#msg3125298

Please do not troll in this thread, just follow the format and let your voice be heard.

Just make it a moderated thread to avoid any non-relevant stuff.

btceic

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 12:16:09 AM

Hi,

I've made a thread to try and record what customers feel should happen. It will all be in a google document once there are some posts and will hopefully help Terrahash figure out what is best for customers.

Please do not troll in this thread, just follow the format and let your voice be heard.

I am not a complete ass hat, I will stay over here, I promise.

atomicchaos

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:20:10 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 02:00:35 PM by atomicchaos

Will be interested to see if you will get the boards in 2 weeks. Since you have supplied the chips, their shouldn't be any reason not to. Unless they can only do mass amounts of boards at a time due to programming of robotic mounting equipment. I'm not sure, haven't done any manufacturing. Still, they should tell you what's going on.

Thanks to credit card (Bank of America) and PayPal. I won't have to worry about this BS any longer. I checked my account and have received credit to my card for the full amount. Grin  

I think everyone should be watching to see if they meet the two weeks. They have continuously stated that they are ready, except for the chips and to order certain things in mass quantity. Never had it been stated to their customers that the firmware was holding them up. If people buy this if they miss the two week promise, I would suggest strongly that you take action if you have not yet been able to secure a refund.

I know some are still holding out hope, but letting them buy time at this point when nothing but broken promises have been made is pointless.

TH can turn this all around by getting out a SINGLE order that they said they were ready for, and buy time with action, not words. Everyone will once again rally if we have one of their customers successfully hashing with a k16 as was promised. If that doesn't happen, they deserve the full brunt of the community coming down on them. No more excuses from TH, or the cheerleaders.

Reminders:

Again, since it never happened, how can you be sure that we could not have done it, much less prove it? As I have repeatedly said, we were and are 100% ready to go into assembly as soon as the chips arrived. We have been fully ready for more than 2 weeks now. All the parts not ordered were the parts that can be delivered in a day or two from multiple sources. How hard is to understand this basic concept?

Because we didn't feel the need to do so. We have already tested the version 1, and we know exactly what was causing the error rates and that has been fixed in this version. If the boards you get do not work at the promised hashrate, you can blame us then. Right now you have no right to tell us how to run our business. We acknowledge that we have been lousy on customer support (we are fixing it), but on the technical and operational side, we have been very professional and have done everything the best we could do.

Most of you know that we have successfully assembled a K16 (Klondike design by BkkCoins) and are one of the first to get it mining (video below). Our design is based on BkkCoin's Klondike board. He has finalized the design and it is ready for production. We have decided to start taking pre-orders for assembly, for those who have ordered Avalon chips and would like to get them assembled. We will be assembling both K16 and K64 boards (K64 is just 4 K16s printed on the same board, connected with I2C cables/jumpers). K16 requires 16 Avalon chips, ad K64 requires 64 Avalon chips. Our boards will come with heatsinks and I2C cables (to daisy chain multiple boards). The boards can be daisy chained together, and only one of them has to be connected to a computer or a RasPi board running cgminer (cgminer driver is almost ready). The software required to run the boards will be available for free download.

Although our assembly facility can assemble up to 250 K64 boards a day (or 1000 K16 boards a day), we are expecting a huge rush initially due to a large number of chips being shipped by Avalon. 50% of the assembly resources will be dedicated to orders where TerraHash supplies the chips (full orders), and other 50% to the orders where you provide chips to TerraHash (assembly-only orders). With this we can ship the already pre-ordered full orders within the promised time of 2 weeks of receiving the chips. And for assembly-only orders, we will do our best to ensure a two week turnaround as well. However, it could be a little more during the initial rush. That is why we have decided to let people reserve a spot for assembly.

Here is how the assembly-only orders will be processed: For all the orders for which we have received the chips, we will start assembling the order which was placed first. We will not start processing an order until we receive all the chips required to process that order. Also, we will not be doing partial assembly, that is, we need 64 chips for the K64 and 16 chips for the K16. We can not assembly a K16 with less than 16 chips. We can not assemble a K64 with less than 64 chips.

Again, blame us WHEN we fail.

I assure you, on the last point, we will.

atomicchaos

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:21:20 AM

Hi,

I am not a complete ass hat, I will stay over here, I promise.

That's a good move, there is no reason to disturb that thread when it serves a useful purpose for those still stuck with TH.

Axion_Zen

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:23:16 AM

It is most likely a hardware bug in the circuit. During our testing we realized that the Dual NOR gates used in the design are too fast, and there needs to be some propagation delay. Using a cheap NOR gate chip from Fry's did the trick. We are still trying to see if this can be fixed in the firmware.

Maybe you may also want to try to use a bigger capacitor for the phase shifter in front of the NOR gate. A circuit should not depend on the propagation delays or fabrication tolerances of logic gates. I also tried to use the internal comparator of the PIC as a NOR gate, which is even better since it has some clock synchronization register. But it has shown that the comparator is not fast enough...

Already tried using bigger capacitor. Does not work. The only work around we have found is using a slower gate, so far.

I'm sorry to tell you, but you're wrong.
I'm using v0.3.1 board with bigger cap (currently about 260pF) and it's hashing quite well.
Without it, the clock signal is not delayed enough - just about 5ns and bad nonces are returned.
BTW terrahash, what modifications did you made to the 4 chip firmware to hash with all 16 chips?

You are using 260pF for C274 right?

In order to hash with 16 chips, you need to make the following modifications in klondike.c, from line 159:

Code:
    Status.ChipCount = 16;

// pre-calc nonce range values
    BankSize = (Status.ChipCount+1)/2;
    Status.MaxCount = WORK_TICKS / BankSize / 2;
    NonceRanges[0] = 0;
    for(BYTE x = 1; x < BankSize; x++)
        NonceRanges[x] = NonceRanges[x-1] + BankRanges[BankSize-1];
They said here how they got it working with 16 chips..?
I tested this by programing a PIC chip with this change.
After looking at the signals with a storage scope I believe it does send the correct nonce values to all 16 ASIC's. with no ranges duplicated.
So if you have all 16 chips installed this should fix the duplicated nonce ranges.

Now what bteic ?
atomicchaos

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:37:08 AM

Now what bteic ?

Uh, I wouldn't exactly call that a win, please hold your joy and excitement for when TH meets the 2 week challenge and finally redeems themselves from the many, many, many broken promises all over this thread. It's the only way they can ever recover from this hole they dug themselves into by ignoring the customers that funded their venture.

Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: