Bitcoin Forum
February 18, 2019, 11:35:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 [816] 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 ... 905 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 638149 times)
notblox1

Activity: 246
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:03:53 PM

I am interested in investing in True Satoshi Vision coin.
Can I just keep my BCH coins and wait for multiple forking,
so that I can receive many forked coins ?

It is a good strategy.
I think SV may flip BCH

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Your Bitcoin transactions
The Ultimate Bitcoin mixer
made truly anonymous.
with an advanced technology.
Mix coins
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gembitz

Activity: 854
Merit: 348

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:09:30 PM

It is a good strategy.
I think SV may flip BCH

SV is Bcash(BComm) time to lock this thread Wink gogo satoshis pink elephant

#makebitcointalkgreatagain-_-*my posts are strictly for entertainment purposes only. It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
hv_

Activity: 1106
Merit: 538

Remove The Middlemen

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 07:36:40 AM

It is a good strategy.
I think SV may flip BCH

SV is Bcash(BComm) time to lock this thread Wink gogo satoshis pink elephant

Time to lock trolls like you.

Carpe diem  -  cut the down side  -  be anti-fragile - don't dillute Bitcoin - mine honest!
Memo: 1AHUYNJKPfY7PjVK1hNQFo5LrdGixuiybw  -  https://metanet.icu/
The simple way is the genius way - in Moore's Law and Satoshi's WP we trust.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1188

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:22:31 PM

Even if it is true, wouldn't there be a huge tax involved? Plus, whith a huge law suit pending, I don't think this would be a good move at all.

Why would a huge tax be involved? Wright is natively Australian. Currently residing in UK? I don't know anything about their taxation laws, but I do know some about that of the US. Being from common legal heritage, I might imagine (admittedly, with some ignorance) that these jurisdictions have taxation laws similar to the US. In the US, wealth itself does not require taxation thereupon. Only in executing a taxable event is a tax obligation incurred. Such as selling for fiat. Or direct purchase of items using the Bitcoin itself.

In Australia, the act of trading one cryptocurrency for another is a taxable event. https://www.ato.gov.au/General/Gen/Tax-treatment-of-crypto-currencies-in-Australia---specifically-bitcoin/?page=2#Transacting_with_cryptocurrency It is a taxable event in the UK too. https://blocktax.uk/guide/ Also, if Satoshi is moving his coins, people are going to take notice, especially the attorneys for the Estate of Kleiman. This would be a dumb move, all around. Also, the hopes that this would somehow bolster the market value of BCH is rather speculative. It may give a temporary boost, but if CSW proves that he is Satoshi in this manner, I suspect that it will cause the value of BTC and BCH to plummet in the midterm; since many people don't care for him. Even if CSW just signs a message with one of the early coinbase private keys, it would likely have a negative impact on market value.

Exchanging crypto is arguably taxable in the US as well. But I did not see any note of that hypothetical in the quoted article.

If CSW were to sign a message using satoshi's keys, I might expect the following:
- Much gnashing of teeth, sound and fury, signifying nothing in the twitterverse
- BTC market reaction of "meh"
- Significant price appreciation for BCH
- The SV plan adopted by the majority of the BCH ecosystem.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
bitcoinPsycho

Activity: 574
Merit: 193

$100,000 BTC in one hour🍄💊

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:40:13 PM

LOL, did you read it?

Because they have apparently pre-minted billions of WHC tokens to themselves already (at a much more generous valuation
than the publicly-available 100 WHC to 1 BCH) and their new technology will use Proof of Stake,
not Proof of Work, the entire mining industry will disappear with Bitcoin.

He is saying Bitmain one of the world leading ASICS Manufacturers for PoW ,

Believes Proof of Stake is the Future instead of Proof of Work!

*Did anyone really believe Bitmain was supporting Bitcoin Cash with no sinister profit plan behind their support.*

Troll away. You are not believe in work but trolling only.

work? what's that?

THE NEXT 24 YEARS ARE CRITICAL
digiworld1

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

TEMCO

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 07:02:59 PM

BTC Dominance: 57.2%
when flip?

next bull market? at this rate, maybe bitcoin will return to a higher percentage of bitcoin dominance til the bear market is over?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

TEMCO

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
gembitz

Activity: 854
Merit: 348

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:25:45 PM

Even if it is true, wouldn't there be a huge tax involved? Plus, whith a huge law suit pending, I don't think this would be a good move at all.

Why would a huge tax be involved? Wright is natively Australian. Currently residing in UK? I don't know anything about their taxation laws, but I do know some about that of the US. Being from common legal heritage, I might imagine (admittedly, with some ignorance) that these jurisdictions have taxation laws similar to the US. In the US, wealth itself does not require taxation thereupon. Only in executing a taxable event is a tax obligation incurred. Such as selling for fiat. Or direct purchase of items using the Bitcoin itself.

In Australia, the act of trading one cryptocurrency for another is a taxable event. https://www.ato.gov.au/General/Gen/Tax-treatment-of-crypto-currencies-in-Australia---specifically-bitcoin/?page=2#Transacting_with_cryptocurrency It is a taxable event in the UK too. https://blocktax.uk/guide/ Also, if Satoshi is moving his coins, people are going to take notice, especially the attorneys for the Estate of Kleiman. This would be a dumb move, all around. Also, the hopes that this would somehow bolster the market value of BCH is rather speculative. It may give a temporary boost, but if CSW proves that he is Satoshi in this manner, I suspect that it will cause the value of BTC and BCH to plummet in the midterm; since many people don't care for him. Even if CSW just signs a message with one of the early coinbase private keys, it would likely have a negative impact on market value.

Exchanging crypto is arguably taxable in the US as well. But I did not see any note of that hypothetical in the quoted article.

If CSW were to sign a message using satoshi's keys, I might expect the following:
- Much gnashing of teeth, sound and fury, signifying nothing in the twitterverse
- BTC market reaction of "meh"
- Significant price appreciation for BCH
- The SV plan adopted by the majority of the BCH ecosystem.

SV is the real bitcoin and CSW is the real satoshi  Kiss  <look at me..i'm the captain now>

#makebitcointalkgreatagain-_-*my posts are strictly for entertainment purposes only. It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
wex.nz

Activity: 38
Merit: 77

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:59:10 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2018, 04:15:05 AM by wex.nz

1PenekAV7bcEFXFxY68NYrTotBETdDiGk8
dkbit98

Activity: 406
Merit: 34

Crypto Designer

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:25:44 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2018, 12:30:04 PM by dkbit98
Merited by suchmoon (4), bones261 (2), mindrust (1), nutildah (1), bitcoinPsycho (1)

I found one interesting article about BCH from Jörg Molt

Let’s talk about Roger Ver and BitMain with BCash – BCH

BitMain, as the biggest miner, was shaken in the confusion around SegWit from the so-called Asicboost scandal.

What’s it about? The AsicBoost

By overclocking some devices, Asic has managed to get 20 percent more power. This only maked sense, as long as SegWit was not activated.

SegWit is able to double the transactions in a block, by removing the signatures, which are not necessary for proof of work.

A miner however, lives from having the most power in the so-called hash process, and tries to gain advantages in the issuing of BitCoins. This is a random principle in the guessing process, so the probability of generating more results, with more guesswork, is obvious.

However, this 20 percent advantage will be neutralized by SegWit, since the upcoming Lightning network, which requires SegWit (because it only transports the signatures and no transactions), is unnecessary. Lightning can process up to 1 million transactions per second, on a signature basis.

So, if people are going through the Lightning network, because it only costs 20ct, they will have less transaction fees on their network, and the miner who finds the block, will get a total of 12.5 BTC. Thus, the cost is not covered.

These miners, with 20% more power, cost of course much more.

The scandal occurred because a newspaper revealed that these miners were only working with a certain group of people and were denied to the general public. Which led to a further imbalance in the network.

Due to the fact that Bitmain investors and major investors were disappointed, and threatened to leave Bitmain, there was only one option.

You make a new coin and bring it out with a token sale.

Roger Ver felt very fortunate to be able to revive the old BCU philosophy. And with the largest pool behind him, it was easy to get the majority for a HardFork.

The result we saw then in the formation of BCH. Now you need some trumpet politics to bring a coin out that is worthless, to a certain status.

So the true BitCoin was without SegWit and with original 8MB blocks. Roger Ver then moved his coins onto an exchange, which also fueled the illusion that he could turn his BitCoins into BCash.

What came next was another dilettante masterpiece. They forgot to set the Difficulty and so BCH had a block time of 10 hours at the beginning and it took a very long time to get it fixed. Investors lost a lot of value and BCH shot down in value.

Today what´s left is a stubborn community and development team. However, 55 percent of the hash power is in one group and they hold central control of the network.

Also, BCH can not be used as a means of payment – ergo a Blockchain with 8MB blocks in a central hand with no external effect. Pathetic for something which calls itsel the „true BitCoin“.

Luckily, it does not change the attitude of Roger Ver in favour of BitCoin or BCash, Fintec and old Moneysystems, and so in reality, he´s working on the dream of a free crypto society.

After the wildest rumours of hashing power and dumping on low transaction fees circulated on the internet, and the propaganda on Roger’s BitCoin.com blog, BCash currently has an overrated price bubble that can burst at anytime.

AltCoins and the future

You can see with the two coins SegWit2x and BCash, that AltCoins and FakeCoins only have a limited life span, as long as you keep the story going. But sooner or later, the story is no longer enough and investors start looking for something else, a new blockchain and a new coin that they can push. Ultimately, all the hype is for people to trade with Altcoins to buy more BitCoins, or making people pay for Fake Coins with BTC, so enabling the Fake Coin issuers to get their hands on more Bitcoin.

The price increase from January 2016 to the end of 2017 has caused enormous greed and an increase in scam companies.

Full article:

https://joerg-molt.de/news/the-truth-about-bch-scams-bch-transaction-costs-utxo/
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1188

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:07:30 PM

Full article:
https://joerg-molt.de/news/the-truth-about-bch-scams-bch-transaction-costs-utxo/

Containing as many false statements of "fact" as it does, it is rather hard to take the author seriously in his conclusions.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
hv_

Remove The Middlemen

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 02:16:48 PM

Cobra's color

https://twitter.com/theantnest/status/1040101466667737091

Carpe diem  -  cut the down side  -  be anti-fragile - don't dillute Bitcoin - mine honest!
whohackedme

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:39:38 PM

That is some serious spin

BCH created to scale on chain

Spun into: bitmain created BCH to use ASIC Boost
hornetsnest

Activity: 312
Merit: 72

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:05:13 PM

I heard a rumour Bitmain is now demanding KYC check for anyone buying bitcoin miners.Chairman mao now wants your name and number?
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1332

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:41:00 PM

I heard a rumour Bitmain is now demanding KYC check for anyone buying bitcoin miners.Chairman mao now wants your name and number?

The rumor is true. They need KYC info to buy miners from them.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:20:44 AM

I got red trust because i speak the truth....This thread shows why many long term users are being tagged red, ...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2399315.msg24593043#msg24593043 ,nullius and lauda are scammers.Bitcoin cash is the real upgrade bitcoin needed, not segwit.
How The Banks Bought Bitcoin  The Lightning Network - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g&feature=youtu.be&repost= Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
hornetsnest

Activity: 312
Merit: 72

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:45:10 AM

The rumor is true. They need KYC info to buy miners from them.

Only a tool or a fool would give these commies their personal details.It's a sad sad situation.
hv_

Remove The Middlemen

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 10:47:04 AM

Hu ?

https://cryptolinenews.com/2018/09/european-lawmakers-to-allow-passports-for-icos/

Huh   Roll Eyes

theleaf

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

IDEALCOIN

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 08:32:54 PM

what is this snap? market is returning? the return of the bull? looks like we are in green today

theleaf

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

IDEALCOIN

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 08:35:01 PM

BitMain, as the biggest miner, was shaken in the confusion around SegWit from the so-called Asicboost scandal.

What’s it about? The AsicBoost

By overclocking some devices, Asic has managed to get 20 percent more power. This only maked sense, as long as SegWit was not activated.

SegWit is able to double the transactions in a block, by removing the signatures, which are not necessary for proof of work.

A miner however, lives from having the most power in the so-called hash process, and tries to gain advantages in the issuing of BitCoins. This is a random principle in the guessing process, so the probability of generating more results, with more guesswork, is obvious.

However, this 20 percent advantage will be neutralized by SegWit, since the upcoming Lightning network, which requires SegWit (because it only transports the signatures and no transactions), is unnecessary. Lightning can process up to 1 million transactions per second, on a signature basis.

So, if people are going through the Lightning network, because it only costs 20ct, they will have less transaction fees on their network, and the miner who finds the block, will get a total of 12.5 BTC. Thus, the cost is not covered.

These miners, with 20% more power, cost of course much more.

The scandal occurred because a newspaper revealed that these miners were only working with a certain group of people and were denied to the general public. Which led to a further imbalance in the network.

Due to the fact that Bitmain investors and major investors were disappointed, and threatened to leave Bitmain, there was only one option.

You make a new coin and bring it out with a token sale.

Roger Ver felt very fortunate to be able to revive the old BCU philosophy. And with the largest pool behind him, it was easy to get the majority for a HardFork.

The result we saw then in the formation of BCH. Now you need some trumpet politics to bring a coin out that is worthless, to a certain status.

So the true BitCoin was without SegWit and with original 8MB blocks. Roger Ver then moved his coins onto an exchange, which also fueled the illusion that he could turn his BitCoins into BCash.

What came next was another dilettante masterpiece. They forgot to set the Difficulty and so BCH had a block time of 10 hours at the beginning and it took a very long time to get it fixed. Investors lost a lot of value and BCH shot down in value.

Today what´s left is a stubborn community and development team. However, 55 percent of the hash power is in one group and they hold central control of the network.

Also, BCH can not be used as a means of payment – ergo a Blockchain with 8MB blocks in a central hand with no external effect. Pathetic for something which calls itsel the „true BitCoin“.

Luckily, it does not change the attitude of Roger Ver in favour of BitCoin or BCash, Fintec and old Moneysystems, and so in reality, he´s working on the dream of a free crypto society.

After the wildest rumours of hashing power and dumping on low transaction fees circulated on the internet, and the propaganda on Roger’s BitCoin.com blog, BCash currently has an overrated price bubble that can burst at anytime.

AltCoins and the future

You can see with the two coins SegWit2x and BCash, that AltCoins and FakeCoins only have a limited life span, as long as you keep the story going. But sooner or later, the story is no longer enough and investors start looking for something else, a new blockchain and a new coin that they can push. Ultimately, all the hype is for people to trade with Altcoins to buy more BitCoins, or making people pay for Fake Coins with BTC, so enabling the Fake Coin issuers to get their hands on more Bitcoin.

The price increase from January 2016 to the end of 2017 has caused enormous greed and an increase in scam companies.

Full article:

Agree, the force behind the price sky rocket is mostly from greed, making the quick money, where as the blockchain technology is still in its infancy stage

dkbit98

Activity: 406
Merit: 34

Crypto Designer

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:56:46 AM

Anyone who did not watch debate on CoinsBank cruise
with Roger Ver, Jimmy Song, and Tone Vays
can do it on this official video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkvZoaVHQV0

My conclusion is that we need to focus on adaption and tech improving,
not wasting time, fighting each other, and proving who is wrong‚ who is wright, who is THE REAL ONE,
and yelling like little immature kids ...
Pages: « 1 ... 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 [816] 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 ... 905 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bitcointalk.org is not available or authorized for sale. Do not believe any fake listings.
Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.