Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:34:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 [850] 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:20:16 AM

There is NO sv coin...There is no BCH coin.. these Jackass's have forked themselves up their own backsides.. anybody who held BCH through this debacle is regretting it..
great time to buy BCH now, coreans have waited a long time for $250 BCH  Wink

theoretically you're right, in practice I'm quite confused because of the heavy losses of the last days. We'll see.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:02:22 AM

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:49:26 AM

Sorry maybe i will make a question that has been asked yet: if i have my bch in my trezor, after the fork i will have both of the forked coins?

https://blog.trezor.io/bitcoin-cash-november-2018-hard-fork-advisory-ee2a444f5a21
I still do not understand, you can say more clearly. I have 100 BCH in Trezor purse. After falling 3, what will I get?

if i've understood well the previous kind replies, you will have, after the fork, 100 BCH abc and 100 BCH BSV (Bitcoin Satoshi's Vision)
Anyway, too many fork in my hopinion Sad

This is part that I am not certain about, if he/she has before the fork 100 bch then after the fork would he have 100 bchabc, 100 bchsv and 100 bch or would he have just 100 bchabc and 100 bchsv and bch no longer exists.

mmmm, no, you will have "only" two coins. The original bch will become 100 bch ABC.  It's like what happened when btc forks and bch has born..
Ceballos2

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 01:27:16 PM

Bittrex-> BCH = ABC
Kraken-> BCH = ABC

AlloM

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 01:48:48 PM

Anybody have info when blockchain will credit users account with forked coins. I dropped the support ticket too but no answer on release of new coins it looking people will miss the chance to sell their coins at high price.
theincrediblevictor

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 02:17:56 PM

Bitcoin Cash SV Blockexplorer currently indexing. Won't be finished until Thanksgiving though.

https://prohashing.com/explorer/BitcoinCashSV/
Icutgrass205

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

Bitcoin is today what the internet was decades ago

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:32:50 PM

Your fork is currently 40 blocks behind ABC. Doesn't matter how you were defeated, fact is, you were defeated. The polite thing to do would be to throw in the towel and admit defeat. Though I'm certain this is an impossibility for you.

You must be new to blockchains, let me simplify it for you. The hash war is not over until one side quits, the longest chain wins buddy. Just because ABC got a burst of hashrate from roger switching his btc mining pool to bch, doesnt mean they will sustain that hash rate in the long run. It cost him a fuck load of money to do that

You seem to be even newer to blockchains. The "hash war" IS over. There are now 2 non-compatible chains that will be in existence for as long as people keep mining on them. The war is over because ABC won the the support of the community and the industry. You really think people are going to actually use SV for anything other than to flex their ego at this point? Especially after CSW's temper tantrums and demonstrations of lunacy? If so, you're clearly delusional. People were already barely using BCH; this latest stunt just insured the further irrelevance of both sides.

The war is not over dummy, longest chain wins plain and simple. It will keep going until one side quits, how hard is that for you to understand?

Bitcoin, a peer-to-peer electronic cash system for the world. BTC tips are greatly appreciated 35BqJwcycsLDoPrBxmxuh1e4MY7bcDPvGW
Icutgrass205

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:36:14 PM

It seems to me that many in the crypto space could benefit from learning how important scaleability is. I'll keep it as short and sweet as i can. The foundation of the bitcoin network are the miners, miners keep the chain secure while processing transactions and adding blocks to the chain. Miners have skin in the game, if there is no profitability, they dont mine. No miners means no chain security, or transaction processing, miners need profitability to keep bitcoin alive. When the next halving hits, it is a 50% cut on their profits, in order to make up for this there needs to be double the amount of transactions coming in so that miners can continue staying in profit from large quantities of low fees. Why low fees you ask? Because no one is going to pay an absurd amount of a fee to send coin from one place to the other, the best solution is to grow the number of transactions with different rates of fees, this opens the range of profitability for miners. IF BITCOIN DOES NOT SCALE, and TRANSACTION VOLUME DOES NOT INCREASE BY AT LEAST 2X BEFORE THE NEXT HALVING, IT IS GAME OVER FOR BITCOIN. Why? Because the miners will be out of business, no miners=no bitcoin. BTC segwit can no longer scale and we will see that in the coming years, BCH can scale, but not if idiots like ABC get to do whatever the hell they want to the protocol, which btw right now their goal is to implement WHC/plasma, and hundreds of shitcoins.

Did I get that right?

No, you didn't. 

You left out the fact that the price also naturally rises to make the block reward profitable.  We've already seen that happen twice as block rewards have halved.

Supply and demand, people wont be buying BTC when they realize there is a major routing flaw with the lightning network, and that it can't scale globally. You gonna pay ridiculously high fees to send your BTC back and forth? No miners=no bitcoin its that simple, why would anyone in their right mind keep mining a dead coin at a profit loss.

Bitcoin, a peer-to-peer electronic cash system for the world. BTC tips are greatly appreciated 35BqJwcycsLDoPrBxmxuh1e4MY7bcDPvGW
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:38:15 PM

x2 shitcoins weeeeeee  Kiss  lol

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
valthomas

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:38:34 PM

No sv block explorer ....no sv.

That's not the way it works.
Grin Tongue 

No sv community...no sv  Wink

doesnot need community becasue thinks he will win and control bch in the future
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:40:11 PM

No sv block explorer ....no sv.

That's not the way it works.
Grin Tongue 

No sv community...no sv  Wink

BSV4LIFE #CULTOFCRAIG =) WEEEEEE

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Icutgrass205

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:50:28 PM

BCHSV=p2p electronic cash for the world that can scale on chain

ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1228

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:18:02 PM

Anybody have info when blockchain will credit users account with forked coins. I dropped the support ticket too but no answer on release of new coins it looking people will miss the chance to sell their coins at high price.
You should wait for their confirmation, seem like the Team really Bussy for preparing the forked coins. To be honest this its just a stupid fork. Even CEO from Binance want to finish this stupid fork  Grin

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:21:37 PM

It seems to me that many in the crypto space could benefit from learning how important scaleability is. I'll keep it as short and sweet as i can. The foundation of the bitcoin network are the miners, miners keep the chain secure while processing transactions and adding blocks to the chain. Miners have skin in the game, if there is no profitability, they dont mine. No miners means no chain security, or transaction processing, miners need profitability to keep bitcoin alive. When the next halving hits, it is a 50% cut on their profits, in order to make up for this there needs to be double the amount of transactions coming in so that miners can continue staying in profit from large quantities of low fees. Why low fees you ask? Because no one is going to pay an absurd amount of a fee to send coin from one place to the other, the best solution is to grow the number of transactions with different rates of fees, this opens the range of profitability for miners. IF BITCOIN DOES NOT SCALE, and TRANSACTION VOLUME DOES NOT INCREASE BY AT LEAST 2X BEFORE THE NEXT HALVING, IT IS GAME OVER FOR BITCOIN. Why? Because the miners will be out of business, no miners=no bitcoin. BTC segwit can no longer scale and we will see that in the coming years, BCH can scale, but not if idiots like ABC get to do whatever the hell they want to the protocol, which btw right now their goal is to implement WHC/plasma, and hundreds of shitcoins.

Did I get that right?

No, you didn't. 

You left out the fact that the price also naturally rises to make the block reward profitable.  We've already seen that happen twice as block rewards have halved.

Supply and demand, people wont be buying BTC when they realize there is a major routing flaw with the lightning network, and that it can't scale globally. You gonna pay ridiculously high fees to send your BTC back and forth? No miners=no bitcoin its that simple, why would anyone in their right mind keep mining a dead coin at a profit loss.

That's pretty funny, really.  It is a question you and Calvin should be asking yourselves right this moment. Smiley
Icutgrass205

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:27:41 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

Did I get that right?

No, you didn't. 

That's pretty funny, really.  It is a question you and Calvin should be asking yourselves right this moment. Smiley

Well, we wouldn't be in this situation if ABC would stop trying to add uneeded changes to the protocol every 6 months. SV=p2p electronic cash that scales on chain, ABC=WHC/PLASMA, PoS, and shitcoins. Oh and if you think btc will scale globablly, im afraid not my friend. Lightning network as a severe routing problem, GL with it in a few years Smiley

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:50:04 PM

Well, we wouldn't be in this situation if ABC would stop trying to add uneeded changes to the protocol every 6 months. SV=p2p electronic cash that scales on chain, ABC=WHC/PLASMA, PoS, and shitcoins. Oh and if you think btc will scale globablly, im afraid not my friend. Lightning network as a severe routing problem, GL with it in a few years Smiley

You act as though the direction of BTC is set in stone and incapable of making adjustments if it becomes obvious that the current direction is going the wrong way. Also, I think it hilarious that the powers that be for BCH think a hash war is necessary, when Bitcoin already implemented more civil consensus mechanisms years ago. Well, the good news is that if the powers that be end up bankrupting each other in this pissing contest, at least a new leadership could possibly step in with cooler heads.
Icutgrass205

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:01:15 PM

You act as though the direction of BTC is set in stone and incapable of making adjustments if it becomes obvious that the current direction is going the wrong way. Also, I think it hilarious that the powers that be for BCH think a hash war is necessary, when Bitcoin already implemented more civil consensus mechanisms years ago. Well, the good news is that if the powers that be end up bankrupting each other in this pissing contest, at least a new leadership could possibly step in with cooler heads.

You are right it is not set in stone, you have to ask yourself why core is so against on chain scaling and increasing block sizes. Very fishy, a hash war is not necessary but it is capitalism. Bitcoin is a capitalist system

Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:15:56 PM

pumpy, I am puting you on ignore.  you and the core trolls have fun destroying cash and pumping shit.

bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:19:48 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

ABC has just mined a 19.8MB block (BTC.COM).

The hashrate of both ABC and SV has been dropping for the past hours, with ABC now under the peak hashrate of SV (but still above SV currently).

If SV is really going to try a reorg attack on ABC this could be a good moment. It will probably be pointless and easily recovered... but enjoyable anyways.

I have to recognise that this experiment in both contentious fork war and on-chain scaling is very interesting and some good empirical knowledge might come out of it and be of benefit for Bitcoin in the future.

Also the concept of the selfish mining is being put to test.

Thanks Bcash for being finally really useful for SOMETHING.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
Icutgrass205

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:57:12 PM

ABC has just mined a 19.8MB block (BTC.COM).

The hashrate of both ABC and SV has been dropping for the past hours, with ABC now under the peak hashrate of SV (but still above SV currently).

If SV is really going to try a reorg attack on ABC this could be a good moment. It will probably be pointless and easily recovered... but enjoyable anyways.

I have to recognise that this experiment in both contentious fork war and on-chain scaling is very interesting and some good empirical knowledge might come out of it and be of benefit for Bitcoin in the future.

Also the concept of the selfish mining is being put to test.

Thanks Bcash for being finally really useful for SOMETHING.

SV has mined several 32 mb blocks now

Pages: « 1 ... 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 [850] 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: