Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:50:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING DeepOnion is a SCAM, proof inside!  (Read 70283 times)
yannick225

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:28:40 PM

Has anyone ever had a problem with signing up for the forum on Deep Onion ?
I keep getting a message "Please enter a value that matches the required format." but all fields are entered correctly. Might be me, but signing up for a forum is a pretty mundane and straight-forward process so I am thinking there is an issue on their side. Any feedback is welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abbv21b

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:52:22 PM

Wow, a lot of heated discussion here. Can someone please summarize as for why DeepOnion is a scam?

(Yeah, "domination tasks" or whatever they were called seemed shady, but other than that?)
blitzkitten

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:02:23 PM

Wow, a lot of heated discussion here. Can someone please summarize as for why DeepOnion is a scam?

(Yeah, "domination tasks" or whatever they were called seemed shady, but other than that?)

Well 'a scam' is not a term I use... but I do think there are some fundamentals that are very wrong..

Firstly a large pre-mine is held by the dev (3 Million coins there is also I think another 2 or 3 Million for bounties.. which only about 60,000 have been used.. leaving almost the full amount you'd have to fact check the latter part). Which is essentially 16% of coins held by dev confirmed... up to 25% depending on how much 'bounty' funds remain unused.

So from that perspective the person who benefits by far the most is the dev...

The conditions of the Airdrop (which may have changed) that essentially require numerous positive posts per week to gain your funds I think is unethical..

The way the BCT thread is moderated is an issue.. All comments which do not put them in a good light are removed; for example when I asked them to stop spamming our Discord channel it was basically swept under the rug.. There is essentially censorship of opinion.

To sum it up, The dev has the most to gain, he gives the community a fraction in comparison whereby they have to adhere to a strict set of rules or risk losing their eligibility. It seems like the community members are the product he's trying to sell
abbv21b

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:24:33 PM

Well 'a scam' is not a term I use... but I do think there are some fundamentals that are very wrong..

Firstly a large pre-mine is held by the dev (3 Million coins there is also I think another 2 or 3 Million for bounties.. which only about 60,000 have been used.. leaving almost the full amount you'd have to fact check the latter part). Which is essentially 16% of coins held by dev confirmed... up to 25% depending on how much 'bounty' funds remain unused.

The conditions of the Airdrop (which may have changed) that essentially require numerous positive posts per week to gain your funds I think is unethical..

The way the BCT thread is moderated is an issue.. All comments which do not put them in a good light are removed; for example when I asked them to stop spamming our Discord channel it was basically swept under the rug.. There is essentially censorship of opinion.

To sum it up, The dev has the most to gain, he gives the community a fraction in comparison whereby they have to adhere to a strict set of rules or risk losing their eligibility. It seems like the community members are the product he's trying to sell

Thank you. I have understood pre-mine / bounty information is public and has not been changed since the launch, so even though it is dev focused it's not like they are trying to hide that fact. I do agree that up to 25% to devs is too much.

Spamming is certainly an issue and encouraging the community to spam via domination tasks is .. as you said unethical. I didn't know about the moderation in the BCT thread which seems weird and unnecessary.
blitzkitten

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:04:09 AM

Thank you. I have understood pre-mine / bounty information is public and has not been changed since the launch, so even though it is dev focused it's not like they are trying to hide that fact. I do agree that up to 25% to devs is too much.

Spamming is certainly an issue and encouraging the community to spam via domination tasks is .. as you said unethical. I didn't know about the moderation in the BCT thread which seems weird and unnecessary.

Yes it is public now... When I looked at it about week 6 - 8 of their Airdrop it was not public... I did the maths of their Airdrop and saw there was a large short fall between the amount set aside for airdrop and the cumulative amount that was to be dropped..

When I mentioned the amount which was the difference, my comments were deleted... even though they were not 'negative' comments just merely stated that there are these unaccounted for coins, I even said in that comment that hey they can run the airdrop how they wish, nobody is forced to participate, be in if you want or out if you want.

As I said, (which you've recognised) there is a worrying amount of 'controlled opinion' and I feel that people are essentially being used (yes they gain some benefit) to primarily benefit the 'dev'
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:12:22 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 04:41:56 AM by Spoetnik

The walled garden is an old exploited tactic here.
Self-moderated topics are typical.. and not a good thing.
There already is rules here that forbid Trolling and spamming etc.
So anything else *should be criticism etc.
Questions i figured out 5 years ago are deemed FUD & Trolling.
Never ever under any circumstances ask critical questions or go poking around.
Take your slice of the crypto pie profits.. be quiet and keep your head down.
..and never point out how rich the dev will get from the scheme !

You know i gotta ask Mr. "Fundamentals" just what the fuck is a scam then ?
Users here use to be rather clear on it and outlined it routinely.
Over the years no one will speak.
Anything goes now.
What would have gotten a guy flamed off the forum years ago is now "legit"
You all lowered the bar more and more and continually refuse to define what a scam is.
You will say it is not one but you won't name any that are.

Look at the noobs.. they show up here confused and ask for a summary.
It's gotten to the point where something obvious and blatant is lost in a cloud of scammy profiteer shenanigans.

Many users here (noobs / puppet accounts) have lined up to say it's not a scam if it's paying out to *some people.
But how much you make has nothing at all to do with it being a scam or not.
It's a scam by how it works and how it's handled and how it was designed and launched etc.

Anyway..  Wink
This "coin" reminds me of Juicero.. the $400 "juicer" (original launch price was $699)  Cheesy

http://fortune.com/2017/09/01/juicero-is-shutting-down/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2017/09/01/say-goodbye-to-juicero-the-maker-of-the-400-juicer/

They had no problem at all getting "investors" ..*before* they had to give refunds. LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
blitzkitten

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:50:55 PM

Well thanks for the Title of Mr Fundamentals I like it  Smiley

Their BS 'Domination' campaign has gone up a notch

Gone from a secret Domination campaign to a VIP super secret Domination campaign..
rammanbl4

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:05:57 PM

I heard they didn't pay some people on their signature campaign I have a friend who joined on their signature campaign and he got accepted. On the first payment, he didn't received any. He contacted the manager of the campaign but it didn't say anything. So he just left the campaign.
Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 05:43:19 AM

Not trying to start anything, just inform.  For starters, anyone that cares, I am a current and since drop one member of DeepOnion.  Feel free to scream "shill" at any point, lol.  Personally, I like projects, any projects, that do a little something besides mine for the sake of mining, that is what drew me to the project.

I have had issues with the project at times, been quite public about that, when I've been wrong, I have tried to own up to those mistakes, feel free to dispute that, I may have missed something.

Someone in this thread, recently, stated that only 60,000 of the bounty pre-mine had been distributed, that number is incorrect, it is actually 600,000.  Perhaps someone missed a zero, only the original poster knows.  There was another that claimed a "trigger" was put in to dump pre-mine coins on the market at a certain monetary value, and that if they were doing it, they would have set it closer to five dollars.  To respond to that, I would have to say that Onion has actually gone higher than five USD in the past, so I'm not really sure what they are driving at there.

As for the Domination tasks, I did a few early on myself, then they got, in my opinion, a bit spammy, and I didn't like it, so guess what, I chose to stop doing them until things got a little more under control.  A simple enough solution, yes?  I have also complained about the domination tasks, publicly, here on this forum and on the DO community forums, and I must be doing something different than the people who claim doing so got them banned, since I did it and haven't been banned.

There are a lot of half accurate statements, that taken out of context remind me of CNBC talking about BTC.  If I had to rely on those staunch journalists for my crypto information, I'd never touch any of it, obviously I do not.  Any crypto is what you make of it and at the very least, being this closely involved with this project has certainly educated me and opened my eyes to a lot of potential in crypto in general. 

Oh, there was also some mention of the initial pre-mine information not being public.  I kind of take personal issue with that, and if you check back some of my earliest posts at the beginning, you'd see that not only was it publicly acknowledged by the devs, but that I also referenced it when discussing the project, and I got the information from somewhere, I didn't just pull it out of a hat.

Anyway, if you take the time to read this, and are honestly interested in giving the project a more serious look, then do that, on your own, examine the code yourself and maybe talk to someone who is currently involved.  If you wish to accept what people claim as it being a scam, then, hey, that's all you too, not gonna decide that for you obviously.  Yup, I'm biased, but I think I've been open and discussed what has made me unhappy about the project and what has made me happy, and my happy outweighs the negatives.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
pro2017

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:46:17 AM

The project is completely centralized, less than people have all the control over the whole project.
Erelas

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 05:51:16 AM

The project is completely centralized, less than people have all the control over the whole project.

I agree with that statement, currently, it is, however, the plan as I have understood it, from day one, has been to move farther and farther away from that to the point where, like a few other altcoin projects, the decision making power and plan for development is spread out farther and farther.

I think a lot of projects have been successful doing things that started out centralized and moved away from that, like a large corporation starting with one person at the helm, then a board, then eventually going "public".  That is a loose analogy, sure, but, I think it applies ok.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
obszoenling

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:32:51 AM

Because that's normal in this phase? Tell me one project, that's was completely decentralized during its distribution phase?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
joshki

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:04:47 AM

Not trying to start anything, just inform.  For starters, anyone that cares, I am a current and since drop one member of DeepOnion.  Feel free to scream "shill" at any point, lol.  Personally, I like projects, any projects, that do a little something besides mine for the sake of mining, that is what drew me to the project.

I have had issues with the project at times, been quite public about that, when I've been wrong, I have tried to own up to those mistakes, feel free to dispute that, I may have missed something.

Someone in this thread, recently, stated that only 60,000 of the bounty pre-mine had been distributed, that number is incorrect, it is actually 600,000.  Perhaps someone missed a zero, only the original poster knows.  There was another that claimed a "trigger" was put in to dump pre-mine coins on the market at a certain monetary value, and that if they were doing it, they would have set it closer to five dollars.  To respond to that, I would have to say that Onion has actually gone higher than five USD in the past, so I'm not really sure what they are driving at there.

As for the Domination tasks, I did a few early on myself, then they got, in my opinion, a bit spammy, and I didn't like it, so guess what, I chose to stop doing them until things got a little more under control.  A simple enough solution, yes?  I have also complained about the domination tasks, publicly, here on this forum and on the DO community forums, and I must be doing something different than the people who claim doing so got them banned, since I did it and haven't been banned.

There are a lot of half accurate statements, that taken out of context remind me of CNBC talking about BTC.  If I had to rely on those staunch journalists for my crypto information, I'd never touch any of it, obviously I do not.  Any crypto is what you make of it and at the very least, being this closely involved with this project has certainly educated me and opened my eyes to a lot of potential in crypto in general. 

Oh, there was also some mention of the initial pre-mine information not being public.  I kind of take personal issue with that, and if you check back some of my earliest posts at the beginning, you'd see that not only was it publicly acknowledged by the devs, but that I also referenced it when discussing the project, and I got the information from somewhere, I didn't just pull it out of a hat.

Anyway, if you take the time to read this, and are honestly interested in giving the project a more serious look, then do that, on your own, examine the code yourself and maybe talk to someone who is currently involved.  If you wish to accept what people claim as it being a scam, then, hey, that's all you too, not gonna decide that for you obviously.  Yup, I'm biased, but I think I've been open and discussed what has made me unhappy about the project and what has made me happy, and my happy outweighs the negatives.

It’s a closed source windows only clone coin. I can’t look at the source. Gtfo.
MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:14:13 AM

They say they finally hired a developer, but still can not tell us a name.

Would be about time for this but most likely its their continued smokescreen and lies about features (neither there, nor being added).
Erelas

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:36:37 AM

*snip*

No need to be rude, last I checked the source was on GitHub.  I will be happy to link it for you, https://github.com/deeponion/deeponion.

I do believe that the source for the DeepVault part of the project is currently closed, everything else, as far as I am aware is open, but I am not a dev, just a user trying to put the best information I have out there. Smiley

RichardBTC

Activity: 201

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:38:50 AM

Would be about time for this but most likely its their continued smokescreen and lies about features (neither there, nor being added).
what part of annonymous dont you get... If the dev names were known how can be be an annonymous coin?? Oh wait your one of the guys that wasnt accepted into the drops and is kinda jelly right now. Shame man. Im in the drops and part of the acrive daily forum and its as real as any other coin.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
MadMac

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:44:03 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 08:55:28 AM by MadMac

what part of annonymous dont you get... If the dev names were known how can be be an annonymous coin?? Oh wait your one of the guys that wasnt accepted into the drops and is kinda jelly right now. Shame man. Im in the drops and part of the acrive daily forum and its as real as any other coin.
Besides it is not anonymous but one huge smokescreen with a handful of people hiding behind the curtain with their hands full of 18 million premined coins that are going to be dumped, anonymously again without paying tax. Or so they think. Will not work. And a number of you "believers" will go down with them.
guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:52:51 AM

Besides it is not anonymous but one huge smokescreen with a handful of people hiding behind the curtain with their hands full of 18 million premined coins that are going to be dumped, anonymously again without paying tax. Or so they think. Will not work.
Valuable information, if people think this is a scam project. just not if and dont care this project anymore and dont try to war with other user who want protect it.
bambarmia

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:14:41 AM

I'm a deeponion paid spammer and scammer.

We know that already since a very long time. Dude, you are just an immoral fucktard, who will support any scam, that is paying out.
youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 11:45:31 AM

*snip*

No need to be rude, last I checked the source was on GitHub.  I will be happy to link it for you, https://github.com/deeponion/deeponion.

I do believe that the source for the DeepVault part of the project is currently closed, everything else, as far as I am aware is open, but I am not a dev, just a user trying to put the best information I have out there. Smiley

It's not windows only!
It's not closed source.

I have compiled my own linux wallet from Source for both the block explorer and community pool (both on Linux OS)
100% pure FUD  Cool

(NOTE: I am not a DeepOnion dev!)

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: