Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING DeepOnion is a SCAM, proof inside!  (Read 70283 times)
MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:50:01 AM

It is outdated source, so they said themselves. To not give back any code to the community. Whereas they have taken all their code without a single braincell involved from the community.

That's perfectly fine under MIT license, but at least unethical. Take and give. Only so can the cryptocommunity grow.

But there is of course the real reason behind, they did not develop any code themselves.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ebenezar64

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:43:02 PM

Not trying to start anything, just inform.  For starters, anyone that cares, I am a current and since drop one member of DeepOnion.  Feel free to scream "shill" at any point, lol.  Personally, I like projects, any projects, that do a little something besides mine for the sake of mining, that is what drew me to the project.

I have had issues with the project at times, been quite public about that, when I've been wrong, I have tried to own up to those mistakes, feel free to dispute that, I may have missed something.

Someone in this thread, recently, stated that only 60,000 of the bounty pre-mine had been distributed, that number is incorrect, it is actually 600,000.  Perhaps someone missed a zero, only the original poster knows.  There was another that claimed a "trigger" was put in to dump pre-mine coins on the market at a certain monetary value, and that if they were doing it, they would have set it closer to five dollars.  To respond to that, I would have to say that Onion has actually gone higher than five USD in the past, so I'm not really sure what they are driving at there.

As for the Domination tasks, I did a few early on myself, then they got, in my opinion, a bit spammy, and I didn't like it, so guess what, I chose to stop doing them until things got a little more under control.  A simple enough solution, yes?  I have also complained about the domination tasks, publicly, here on this forum and on the DO community forums, and I must be doing something different than the people who claim doing so got them banned, since I did it and haven't been banned.

There are a lot of half accurate statements, that taken out of context remind me of CNBC talking about BTC.  If I had to rely on those staunch journalists for my crypto information, I'd never touch any of it, obviously I do not.  Any crypto is what you make of it and at the very least, being this closely involved with this project has certainly educated me and opened my eyes to a lot of potential in crypto in general.  

Oh, there was also some mention of the initial pre-mine information not being public.  I kind of take personal issue with that, and if you check back some of my earliest posts at the beginning, you'd see that not only was it publicly acknowledged by the devs, but that I also referenced it when discussing the project, and I got the information from somewhere, I didn't just pull it out of a hat.

Anyway, if you take the time to read this, and are honestly interested in giving the project a more serious look, then do that, on your own, examine the code yourself and maybe talk to someone who is currently involved.  If you wish to accept what people claim as it being a scam, then, hey, that's all you too, not gonna decide that for you obviously.  Yup, I'm biased, but I think I've been open and discussed what has made me unhappy about the project and what has made me happy, and my happy outweighs the negatives.

What you are saying above is something I agree with. I see a lot of namecalling and back and forth: "Scam"/"No it isn't" without any real substance. You make an arguable point to why you don't think Deeponion is a scam. But you also mention very clearly to anyone "interested in giving the project a more serious look, then do that, on your own" which is advice I would give everyone.

Don't listen to the one-liners or people shouting this and that. If you are interested, do some reasearch on your own, feel free to post the result of your research here and why you came to the conclusion you have.

Pretty much no one will be able to give you a garantie of if this/that coin is a scam or not. There are still some that say BTC is a scam and is not really worth anything. I am biased in saying I don't think Deeponion is a scam since I have been a member for over three weeks. But I joined after doing research on it first and determined that they might have a idea that could be worth somethinig in the future. Is it a sure thing?! Of course not, nothing is...
I don't have the technical expertise to look into the code to determine if it has a solid base and good future prospects and hopefully someone here will take the time and share their results so that even a layman can understand them.

So far the positive on the coin outweighs the negative I have heard about it and that is why, I at least, will continue to invest. What you do is entirely up for you to decide.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:50:37 PM

What point do you spammers not understand?

1) Besides TOR Deeponion has none of the anonymous features it advertises. Other coins have that too. They took the code from BitcoinPlus

2) The PoS code was taken from Peercoin

3) some other pieces of code were taken from a few more coins

4) DO did not do any own development

5) There is no "DeepSend" , if you look for this, look at PiVX, Monero, or others.

6) it is closed source. Read it again. There is no source code available other than an outdated version. They did not do any own development. Everything  you see, besides some nice graphics, is copy and paste from other people brains.

And then there are the 18 million premined coins that have been started to be dumped already, which make a nice stash of 18m x 3$ = 54 million dollar they will run with.
linkHA

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:58:21 PM

If DeepOnion seriously do technology, I think is a good money, but now they always focus on marketing, code, however, haven't updated for a long time, let a person feel this is a scam.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
CryptoGrinder

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

DEEPONION - NO ICO

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:23:26 PM

If DeepOnion seriously do technology, I think is a good money, but now they always focus on marketing, code, however, haven't updated for a long time, let a person feel this is a scam.

They just updated their wallets days ago.

Don't act like something that is growing is stagnating and underdeveloped.  Infants have small arms, sure, but they are... ya know, infants.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
joshki

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:03:16 AM

*snip*

It’s a closed source windows only clone coin. I can’t look at the source. Gtfo.

No need to be rude, last I checked the source was on GitHub.  I will be happy to link it for you, https://github.com/deeponion/deeponion.

I do believe that the source for the DeepVault part of the project is currently closed, everything else, as far as I am aware is open, but I am not a dev, just a user trying to put the best information I have out there. Smiley

The source code to the application being distributed is not the source code on that github.  You're a scamming, lying piece of shit.
joshki

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:04:38 AM

*snip*

It’s a closed source windows only clone coin. I can’t look at the source. Gtfo.

No need to be rude, last I checked the source was on GitHub.  I will be happy to link it for you, https://github.com/deeponion/deeponion.

I do believe that the source for the DeepVault part of the project is currently closed, everything else, as far as I am aware is open, but I am not a dev, just a user trying to put the best information I have out there. Smiley

It's not windows only!
It's not closed source.

I have compiled my own linux wallet from Source for both the block explorer and community pool (both on Linux OS)
100% pure FUD  Cool

(NOTE: I am not a DeepOnion dev!)

It is absolutely windows only and closed source and has been since your silly "deepvault" was released.
bougieboyy

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:05:59 AM

Very fishy, it seemed like a scam from the start.
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:14:25 AM

All of deeponion paid shills and supporters are immoral motherfuckers. They will support any scam that is paying out and will sell out anything and anybody for a couple bucks a weeks. If that Chinese dude Crypto-Rainbow will offer them to suck his dick for more free onions, they will agree for sure.  

The immoral motherfuckers are the guys who support (invest behind the scenes, or actively partake in the communities) 99% of all coins that ever posted on this site and claim that the other 99% coins are scams and fraud.

There has been only 1-2 coins in the past 5 years that have legitimate practical use or are the stepping stones to doing so. The rest of digital currencies were created for 1 purpose and 1 purpose only, to enrich the pyramid.

The devs/founders of these coins are all money hungry whores as well, and that fosters a large market cap, by getting your shills to buy in the coin to create the illusion that non-investors in shitcoin X are missing out on Shitcoin X. You put your money in, you create value for the coin (price mcap etc) and you take it out and become rich when enough people have bought into it.

I'm not defending DO, and I've stated i don't like their devs.  But, again 99% of cryptos ever launched on these forums have the same type of community and the same type of money hungry whores as DO. There is no difference. The hypocrisy that's occurring here is triggering me.

If you're that braindead to mock this coin, then you should take a hard look at any shitcoin you've invested in and ask yourself "why is my shitcoin different?" it isn't, it's only different because you've invested your time or money into it.

Wake the fuck up you hypocritical idiots.

Finally someone who gets it. Bash deeponion but passively condone the 27 bitcoin forks that are coming out in the next 3 months. This by my definition makes bitcoin a scam coin as well. Who's just trying to cash in now? Everyone's just out to make a buck in this space.. let's be honest here. None of these coins have any intrinsic value because they are all open source and if a corporation wants to use them they will simply copy one, with no remuneration.

You want the honest truth? Aside from being a store of value, 99% of these crypto currencies are going to end up with no services, accomplishing absolutely nothing. They are a stepping stone to the blockchain technology that will replace them, technology that will be constantly evolving, and I have to tell you, the numerous bitcoin forks coming out are not what I would call "evolution" ... the first evolution in this space was proof of stake, delegated proof of stake, and hybrid proof of stake and work, and from there we will continue.. of course the mining hogs will always promote the proof of work coins.

joshki

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:43:04 AM

All of deeponion paid shills and supporters are immoral motherfuckers. They will support any scam that is paying out and will sell out anything and anybody for a couple bucks a weeks. If that Chinese dude Crypto-Rainbow will offer them to suck his dick for more free onions, they will agree for sure. 

The immoral motherfuckers are the guys who support (invest behind the scenes, or actively partake in the communities) 99% of all coins that ever posted on this site and claim that the other 99% coins are scams and fraud.

There has been only 1-2 coins in the past 5 years that have legitimate practical use or are the stepping stones to doing so. The rest of digital currencies were created for 1 purpose and 1 purpose only, to enrich the pyramid.

The devs/founders of these coins are all money hungry whores as well, and that fosters a large market cap, by getting your shills to buy in the coin to create the illusion that non-investors in shitcoin X are missing out on Shitcoin X. You put your money in, you create value for the coin (price mcap etc) and you take it out and become rich when enough people have bought into it.

I'm not defending DO, and I've stated i don't like their devs.  But, again 99% of cryptos ever launched on these forums have the same type of community and the same type of money hungry whores as DO. There is no difference. The hypocrisy that's occurring here is triggering me.

If you're that braindead to mock this coin, then you should take a hard look at any shitcoin you've invested in and ask yourself "why is my shitcoin different?" it isn't, it's only different because you've invested your time or money into it.

Finally someone who gets it. Bash deeponion but passively condone the 27 bitcoin forks that are coming out in the next 3 months. This by my definition makes bitcoin a scam coin as well. Who's just trying to cash in now? Everyone's just out to make a buck in this space.. let's be honest here. None of these coins have any intrinsic value because they are all open source and if a corporation wants to use them they will simply copy one, with no remuneration.

You want the honest truth? Aside from being a store of value, 99% of these crypto currencies are going to end up with no services, accomplishing absolutely nothing. They are a stepping stone to the blockchain technology that will replace them, technology that will be constantly evolving, and I have to tell you, the numerous bitcoin forks coming out are not what I would call "evolution" ... the first evolution in this space was proof of stake, delegated proof of stake, and hybrid proof of stake and work, and from there we will continue.. of course the mining hogs will always promote the proof of work coins.

Which one of those evolutionary features does deeponion support?

linkHA

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:46:34 AM

I've always felt that DeepOnion was a Scam because its code was rarely updated, yet its marketing was excellent, and it was completely different from a technology company.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
CryptoGrinder

Activity: 207

DEEPONION - NO ICO

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:04:04 AM

I've always felt that DeepOnion was a Scam because its code was rarely updated, yet its marketing was excellent, and it was completely different from a technology company.

But, the value of a cryptocoin is 100% its community.  There must be a tech underpinning, but community is key.  Bitcoin survives without central support, but that is only because it is first.

Also, this is not  a technology company, it is a widely distributed currency.  It should not look like a company.  Since it is not a company, the devs must be paid somehow.  It is ridiculous to think otherwise.

I was a skeptic too, but I follow the (insanely) easy rules and got in.  The rules have gotten harder, but not too hard.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
joshki

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:05:08 AM

But, the value of a cryptocoin is 100% its community.  There must be a tech underpinning, but community is key.  Bitcoin survives without central support, but that is only because it is first.

Also, this is not  a technology company, it is a widely distributed currency.  It should not look like a company.  Since it is not a company, the devs must be paid somehow.  It is ridiculous to think otherwise.

I was a skeptic too, but I follow the (insanely) easy rules and got in.  The rules have gotten harder, but not too hard.

The rules were nothing more than a sideshow to the devs picking who they wanted in.  The vast majority of people were told to fuck off, even if they met all the criteria. 
JWKY

Activity: 602
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:28:12 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 03:59:39 AM by JWKY

DeepOnion Community Central - Error
You have been banned for the following reason: Not following Domination rules 1 month ban Your ban will be lifted on Jan 14, 2018.

Look like they start cleaning process to maximise top members DeepPoint airdrop.
I do Domination task very carefully, only 3-4 task per week (only total 12 done) also can be banned.
It was too subjective for determine how good quality done, all my comment write by myself and no copy paste.

Today I just saw this post and aware maybe something fishy going on.  Angry
Just reminder for DeepOnion members, don't go apply for VIP domination task, otherwise you will end up like me banned i month for POOR QUALITY TASK.

LOL

●⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬ Bitcoin RM(First smart fork of Bitcoin,100% Proof-of-Work) ▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫●
▬ ● ▬   Bitcoin RM is NOW LIVE, Pool mining, ECI apply now HERE   ▬ ● ▬
●⚫ ▬▬▬ Website | ANN | Discord | GitHub | Reddit | Youtube | Medium | Facebook | Twitter | Pool ▬▬▬ ⚫●
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:51:22 AM

please deep-shitters get some legendary accounts and bitcoin whales that have knowdlege about crypto to shill for you guys - it is so sad to see only newbie accounts from africa defending deep shit  Cry

the ponzi seems to be out of gas soon  Roll Eyes

and btw. i would write down every detail of the "devs" - atleast you can crowdfund a russian mobstar later when you realize you got scammed and are living under a bridge lol :S

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
dissident

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:09:51 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 04:25:18 AM by dissident

I'm not defending DO, and I've stated i don't like their devs.  But, again 99% of cryptos ever launched on these forums have the same type of community and the same type of money hungry whores as DO. There is no difference. The hypocrisy that's occurring here is triggering me.

Which one of those evolutionary features does deeponion support?

I will admit it's nothing ground breaking. It's a hybrid proof of work/proof of stake coin which offers advantages when it comes to confirmation times and fee structure. It uses the tor network which adds a layer of security. The main selling point is a community structure designed to promote development and advertising of the coin by the people who have a vested interest in it. It has one of the most active communities for a coin it's marketcap that I've come across. Heck NEM doesn't get 1/2 the messages on their board and they're a top 10 coin.

It's somewhat like NEM when they gave away all the stakes way back when hoping it would give more people a chance to own the coin thus they'd be motivated to promote it. (I was one who got a stake)  I don't put it at the same class as NEM, but I believe a profit can be made from it. For me that's all that matters. When I pick stocks in the stock market I don't get myself emotionally attached to them. I weigh the fundimentals and ask myself if there's profit to be made.

If I start not getting my airdrops or any other suspicious things start to happen I'll reweigh my opinion accordingly. This is one reason I decided not to invest in Centra. They weren't making their payouts and weren't responding to inquiries. The development team of a coin does need to be held to a standard. When you're talking about millions of  dollars there's no excuse for disappearing for weeks at a time and not keeping people updated. I will monitor things. :p
dissident

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:14:07 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 04:28:19 AM by dissident

please deep-shitters get some legendary accounts and bitcoin whales that have knowdlege about crypto to shill for you guys - it is so sad to see only newbie accounts from africa defending deep shit  Cry

the ponzi seems to be out of gas soon  Roll Eyes

and btw. i would write down every detail of the "devs" - atleast you can crowdfund a russian mobstar later when you realize you got scammed and are living under a bridge lol :S

People made similar accusations about NEM back when the stake signup process was going on. I'm not concerned. I'd be more concerned if and when the bubble bursts and the global marketcap in 18 months is at $250B or less... all people holding most shitcoins will be under water. Keep those stop loss orders ready unless you have a multi year holding period in mind and watch the action. That may or may not happen. Time will tell.   Anyways if the developers keep developing the coin and make me money, I'm happy. Isn't that what altcoins are about?

Most altcoins are pyramid schemes of one degree or another. People are hoping other people will pay higher prices than they did. That's the definition of a pyramid. I would consider the equity and commodity markets to also be pyramid schemes of sorts, though certainly people don't want to classify them that way. What about real estate.. hoping someone will pay more for your house down the road...

Low marketcap plus active development plus strong community plus airdrops means I'm willing to throw $10K into it and see what happens, for me a trivial amount of money.
JWKY

Activity: 602
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:19:33 AM

but they banning action really bad
me only do 3 task per week also can be banned with poor quality reason

just beware of applying for vip task
anyone can be banned near airdrop time just with poor quality reason  Angry

●⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬ Bitcoin RM(First smart fork of Bitcoin,100% Proof-of-Work) ▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫●
▬ ● ▬   Bitcoin RM is NOW LIVE, Pool mining, ECI apply now HERE   ▬ ● ▬
●⚫ ▬▬▬ Website | ANN | Discord | GitHub | Reddit | Youtube | Medium | Facebook | Twitter | Pool ▬▬▬ ⚫●
dissident

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:21:08 AM

but they banning action really bad
me only do 3 task per week also can be banned with poor quality reason

just beware of applying for vip task
anyone can be banned near airdrop time just with poor quality reason  Angry

If this happens to me I will reevaluate things. I may not even waste my time with these tasks at all. I don't even know how much they pay out.. unless it's the equivalent of what I make at my day job I'll probably just stake my wallet, collect the airdrops, and be done with it.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:50:35 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 03:31:45 AM by Spoetnik

VIP super secret Domination campaign ? Cheesy

If it's legit then why are they hiding it ?
And why are the supporters doing the tasks admitting it's spamming then defending it ?

As for the Domination tasks, I did a few early on myself, then they got, in my opinion, a bit spammy, and I didn't like it, so guess what, I chose to stop doing them until things got a little more under control.

Gimme a fucking break.. how about not supporting a scam coin ?
EVEN if they *might ease up a *little on spamming ?
Your defense of the coin was retarded.  Roll Eyes

You also said..

Personally, I like projects, any projects, that do a little something besides mine for the sake of mining, that is what drew me to the project.

WTF ?

Yo dumb ass.. the point to mining is to secure the block chain and move transactions.
What the fuck kind of little fisher price game you think your playing for ROI's here kid / noob ?
It's not suppose to be a project.. its suppose to be a god damn fucking CURRENCY.
Use it.
Pretty simple huh ?
Oh but not with DeepScam the Onion coin is it ?
It would seem to be a little more convoluted with ultra uber secret domination tasks and SIG campaigns etc for your "FREE" airdrop coins.  Cheesy

..meanwhile the dev has premined a shit fucking ton of coins and been staking them all along then handing out dust to co-opt you scammy noob profiteer investards into going along with the pyramid scheme coin "PROJECT" ..if ..you do some spamming for them via a SIG campaign etc.

Shady rigged scam coin is.. shady rigged scam coin. Cheesy

EDIT:

Oh and i do not care about the spamming.
I do not consider that "scammy".. irritating yes but it doesn't make the coin a scam.
There is other scammy issues with the coin.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: