Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:57:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416411 times)
Hpotsirc

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:51:07 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 09:14:30 AM by Hpotsirc

So i recently ran into a problem with my bot getting stuck while i was using the procent price change -Insurance. This was caused because the price rose after my last sell and wouldn't come down again. Of course i can just make the bot work again by manually buying but it would be really nice if the bot would be capable of doing so by its own.

I tried to set the insurance to wanted rise 0,88% (twice the fee) and wanted drop 0% because i hoped that the insurance would just ignore the wanted drop in this case thus making the bot able to buy higher. Unfortunately the backtest showed that this is not the case and the insurance really requires the buy price to be at least the last sell price for the bot to work.
Dynamic roof in wouldn't work for me either because i find it quite hard to tune it properly (it often triggers on sudden spikes). So my question is: Would it be possible to have the dynamic roof in/dynamic drop loss be adjusted each time the bot trades rather than each x minutes? This would be really nice. It would also be even better if we were able to choose to delete the last buy/sell prices when this triggers rather than just buying/selling so the bot can go back to its normal work.

EDIT: I just saw that you can choose to have the insurance only check the sell signals. So that is solved for me. Anyway the things i mentioned about dynamic roof in/drop loss above would be really nice imho.
xWarchildx

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:00:07 AM

I just bought the bot and I got the basic so I could attempt to understand it before I really jump in. It seems I'm limited to only 5 coins on cryptsy though, is this simply related to the basic bot (meaning, if I upgrade will I have access to all the coins being traded on cryptsy?)

Thanks all!

Also, are there any key or recommended tutorials for setting the bots up initially?
Hpotsirc

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:08:22 AM

I just bought the bot and I got the basic so I could attempt to understand it before I really jump in. It seems I'm limited to only 5 coins on cryptsy though, is this simply related to the basic bot (meaning, if I upgrade will I have access to all the coins being traded on cryptsy?)

Thanks all!

Also, are there any key or recommended tutorials for setting the bots up initially?
I think this site is a good start:
https://www.haasbot.com/trade-server-help/

It also has an article about activating all alts:
https://www.haasbot.com/alt-coins/

And Stephan has posted some basic strategies to get started:
https://www.haasbot.com/basic-strategies/
https://www.haasbot.com/drop-loss-strategies/
https://www.haasbot.com/basic-rsi-strategies/

The backtesting function really is a nice tool to quickly review how such strategies work.
I hope this helps you.
xWarchildx

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:32:40 PM

Thanks all!

I think this site is a good start:
https://www.haasbot.com/trade-server-help/

It also has an article about activating all alts:
https://www.haasbot.com/alt-coins/

And Stephan has posted some basic strategies to get started:
https://www.haasbot.com/basic-strategies/
https://www.haasbot.com/drop-loss-strategies/
https://www.haasbot.com/basic-rsi-strategies/

The backtesting function really is a nice tool to quickly review how such strategies work.
I hope this helps you.

Hey thanks.

I've been looking at that activating alt coins page, but my interface does not look like that at all. I have a web interface and that section is not present.

Is there a different client I should be using?

*NM: found it. Smiley
TurtleHospital

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 05:03:35 PM

Hello everyone,

What indicators do i get with Beginners Version ?
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 09:11:25 AM

Types of Safeties
-Static Drop-loss
-Dynamic Drop-loss*
-Static Roof-out
-Dynamic Roof-out*
-Static Roof-in
-Dynamic Roof-in*

Types of Indicators
-Price High/Low
-Price Dynamic High/Low**
-Price Change
-Price Percentage Change
-Stochastic Oscillator
-Relative Strength Index (RSI)
-Stochastic Relative Strength Index (StochRSI)*
-Simple Moving Average (MA)
-Simple Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MA-Histogram or MACD-Histogram SMA based)
-Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD)
-Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD-Histogram)
-Percentage Price Oscillator (PPO)*
-Rate Of Change (ROC)*
-Percentage Of Change (POC)*
-Aroon*

Types of Insurances
-Overcome fee costs
-Only allow sell at double fee-costs
-Never Sell Cheaper
-Disable on losses after X trades
-Minimum price change
-Minimum percentage of price change
-Avoid buy/sell walls**

* – Only Available for the Advanced License and the Simple License
** – Only Available for the Advanced License

This is the list of the available safeties, trade indicators and insurances per license. But.... next week it will be outdated again.

For next week we have scheduled a new update and the following trade indicators will be added:
- Blind indicator (Alpha tested OK) (All licenses)
- Coppock Curve Indicator (Alpha tested OK) (Simple+Advanced)
- Aroon Oscillator Indicator (Alpha tested OK) (Simple+Advanced)
- Ultimate Oscillator (Alpha tested OK) (Simple+Advanced)

And with a little bit of luck we will also add: (please read: this is NOT sure yet, it may be the update after)
- Ulcer Index (Simple+Advanced)
- Regression Slobe Indicator (Simple+Advanced)

Of course this not all we are working on right now. As posted before we are also working on adding support for spread orders, an alternative way to submit orders, we try to improve the order tracking (percentage filled tracking) and the benchmark will be expanded to support a longer period.

All currencies/pairs will be updated again too. We have seen + added support for the new coins at BTC-e and Cryptsy.

And last, but sure not least.... support for Bitfinex is coming.  Cool

Once this update is finished and released then we have scheduled another new revolution in automated trading. What this will be remain a secret till the release of this update. Until this time the only thing that is really important is that i have never made a bold statement. So when i speak of a revolution again, just believe it will be true. Wink

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
Hpotsirc

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:57:35 AM

For next week we have scheduled a new update and the following trade indicators will be added:
- Blind indicator (Alpha tested OK) (All licenses)
- Coppock Curve Indicator (Alpha tested OK) (Simple+Advanced)
- Aroon Oscillator Indicator (Alpha tested OK) (Simple+Advanced)
- Ultimate Oscillator (Alpha tested OK) (Simple+Advanced)

And with a little bit of luck we will also add: (please read: this is NOT sure yet, it may be the update after)
- Ulcer Index (Simple+Advanced)
- Regression Slobe Indicator (Simple+Advanced)

Of course this not all we are working on right now. As posted before we are also working on adding support for spread orders, an alternative way to submit orders, we try to improve the order tracking (percentage filled tracking) and the benchmark will be expanded to support a longer period.

All currencies/pairs will be updated again too. We have seen + added support for the new coins at BTC-e and Cryptsy.

And last, but sure not least.... support for Bitfinex is coming.  Cool

Once this update is finished and released then we have scheduled another new revolution in automated trading. What this will be remain a secret till the release of this update. Until this time the only thing that is really important is that i have never made a bold statement. So when i speak of a revolution again, just believe it will be true. Wink
Hey Stephan,

sounds great as usual Smiley Any thoughts about what i have posted earlier?
Dynamic roof in wouldn't work for me either because i find it quite hard to tune it properly (it often triggers on sudden spikes). So my question is: Would it be possible to have the dynamic roof in/dynamic drop loss be adjusted each time the bot trades rather than each x minutes? This would be really nice. It would also be even better if we were able to choose to delete the last buy/sell prices when this triggers rather than just buying/selling so the bot can go back to its normal work.
After thinking about this a little longer i came to the conclusion that this could be best achieved with a new safety, something like "trade-adjusted Drop loss/Roof in" (I am not particularly creative with names so dont bother Wink). I think this would be a great thing because (correct me if i'm wrong) that is basically what people do when trading manually, setting a threshold in case their trade decision was wrong.

Something else: I pointed the creator of http://www.btcpredictions.com/ to your direction. He is trying to predict bitcoin prices by using neural networks. This actually works quite good, just seems to have problems with the current low volume. He said he is not ready yet to put his work to this level but will consider it later.
I think his work has great potential and maybe this could be interesting for you. This would very propably be another feature that no other bot out there has.

Hpotsirc
scryptblocks

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:03:48 PM

Stephan224 - sent you a  PM yesterday
was wondering if you got it?
blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:34:17 PM

Hi guys,
I have an Advanced Trade Bot License and like to sell with 0.6 bitcoin!
If anyone interested, please pm to me.

eyegoatboy

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:14:28 PM

I have  simple Trade Bot License and like to sell with 0.3 bitcoin!
If anyone interested, please pm to me
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 09:46:20 PM

This is not a public market place people. There are other locations to post that. Smiley

@scryptblocks:
PM has been send back.

@Hpotsirc:
You are on the right track with your thoughts. I will get back on this in another post later on. (i want to explain in detail what happening and how to set this up in a good way)

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
Hpotsirc

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:39:32 AM

This is not a public market place people. There are other locations to post that. Smiley

@scryptblocks:
PM has been send back.

@Hpotsirc:
You are on the right track with your thoughts. I will get back on this in another post later on. (i want to explain in detail what happening and how to set this up in a good way)
Sounds good! Thank you for getting back to me Smiley
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 11:23:26 AM

After thinking about this a little longer i came to the conclusion that this could be best achieved with a new safety, something like "trade-adjusted Drop loss/Roof in" (I am not particularly creative with names so dont bother Wink). I think this would be a great thing because (correct me if i'm wrong) that is basically what people do when trading manually, setting a threshold in case their trade decision was wrong.

You are already on the right way with your thoughts. Smiley

I will do a step back and explain step-by-step whats happening and why this is happening. I hope this will give some extra insight for people who read this too.

First of all an trade-bot itself exists out of 2 (or 3) parts. The first one is the Safeties which role is to protect your investments. The second part are the Trade Indicators and those are responsible to producing normal trade signals. And last there are the Insurances. Those are responsible to do a final check on the trade signal from the Trade Indicators before its really send.

When we have a look how this all works together then we can draw this image:

The important thing to notice here is that the safeties can bypass (and overrule) the trade signals. So as long as a Safety is active everything else is stopped.

The second important that we see here is that the Safety signals are NOT checked by the insurances. This is logical because when they act then there is something happening, you just want to have a response at that moment. The logical downside of this is that using the safeties you can NOT make sure you stay free of the fee costs. This is a potential risk you need to keep in mind.

Alright, now we have a view of how a trade-bot works and how it is setup. Now lets have a look to what we want to do.

In this situation i will go in-depth on the drop-loss.

First, what is a drop-loss and how does it work? A drop-loss (also know as stop-loss) is a way to sell coins if the prices go in a big downtrend. It will do nothing more (of less) then only that -> selling the coins. So this is the reason why this drop-loss can be found under the safeties, its a way to protect your investment.

Within the haasbot there are 1 or 2 drop-loss methods supported. (license depending) The first one is a static drop-loss, what this mean is that you can set a static (or fixed) price and tell the trade-bot to sell all the coins if the price drops below this given price inside the drop loss.

Lets take a look how we can use the static drop-loss. I have 2 examples how this can be used.

The first example i have is use it indeed as a safety. So assign it to any trade-bot that you want to setup. Just setup the minimum price inside the static drop-loss and done. This way it will work on the background and if anything happens to the prices (aka the price drops below the given price) then the safety will become effective. It will try to sell your coins and all trading will be halted as long as the safety is active (because it overrules the normal trade signals after all).

I hope this first example shows how to use the static drop-loss inside any regular trading strategy. Now, lets get to the simple part and how to use it differently. Suppose we pick the first example and suppose we remove all the trade indicators, any idea why will happen? Exactly, with a trade-bot with only a static drop-loss assigned to it you can setup a way to just protect your coins against a minimum price. Just use it to sell if needed and nothing more. Smiley

Both examples can (and will) produce the following chart, just to get a picture what i am talking about.

Please keep in mind that it is recommended to higher the static drop-loss price in time. After all, the higher you go (in time) the more you can earn at the drop.

These 2 methods are solid by design, however they are not solid at the exchange itself. At the current version there is one thing that still can go "wrong". This is the situation where a order is not filled in time. Of course within the software we (again) try to solve this problem. But i can already tell a 100% good solution is not possible here, its just the market movement that might go to fast.

Alright i hope this explains the basics of the static drop-loss, lets have a look to the dynamic one. (not available in the beginner license)

The dynamic drop-loss is the evolution of the static drop-loss. There main difference is that the dynamic drop-loss is adaptive to the price, so in this drop-loss we do not use a static (or fixed) price. We leave it up to the logic to setup a good price.

This logic works by 2 parameters, the first one is a percentage. This percentage indicates the price that must be set in relation to the current price. So this means this percentage has to be lower then 100 percent. The second parameter is the time (in minutes) the price gets adjusted. So if you combine both you see that each X minutes the following formula is executed:

Drop loss price = Current price * Percentage

If you setup a dynamic drop-loss then you can identify this price adjustment by looking to the drop-loss price on the charts.

This is a example of the dynamic drop-loss in action.

The power of the dynamic drop-loss is that is can follow up. This means if the current price goes upward then the dynamic drop-loss will adjust itself and go up to. So unlike the static drop-loss you do not have to take a look an adjust the prices once in a while.

The dynamic drop-loss can follow upward, but now comes the risk, it can also follow downward. We are adjusting the drop-loss price after all after X minutes. To prevent this from happening we need to take good care of the time that we adjust the price. This comes done to a good configuration.

To configure the dynamic drop-loss properly we first need to look at the percentage. What you want to do is set a percentage that evolves just below the current prices in any normal situation. We do not want to dynamic drop-loss to be really effective during normal prices changes. For Btc/Usd i found that 99% or 99.2% is a good number but of course this has to be watched each day, these number are not always good.

The second thing we need to set is the time we want the dynamic drop-loss price to be adjusted. And this is the hardest one, because this one really changes each day. For Btc/Usd i found that a adjustment of 60minutes is working, but is short. Better number can be found at 120minutes, 180minutes and even 240minutes.

Please keep in mind there is a specific relation to the percentages and the time for adjustment. The higher you set the percentage the shorter you can adjust the price. If you do not see this relation (i can relate to it) then i recommend to avoid this. It will only bring confusion (higher numbers are much easier to understand anyway).

Finally a very good tip about the drop-losses. As i told the dynamic drop-loss can follow a downtrend and this is not wanted. But if somebody would combine both drop-loss safeties then the best of both worlds will be given. In case the dynamic drop-loss follows down you can use the static one to prevent following downtrend even more. So what i suggest here is 2 safeties, and by design if 1 signals it is enough to trigger the sell command.

As last a perspective... if you look to the current charts then you can see what i have done here in the past hours. I has setup the static drop-loss at $439 and i jumped out thanks to this security on a price of eta $438 and now i have adjusted the price again and i am back in at 410. So by only using this very basic trading strategy i already earned a few dollars in a few hours. Everybody who have copy of the software can do exactly the same.

In the next post i will try explain how to buy back after the drop-loss was become effective, because this can be done in more then one way. (the Roof-In is just a suggestion, more is possible)

SirGeekalot

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:19:26 PM

Anybody know where i'd find my licence key? i've got the software and email receipts but nowhere can i find the Licence Key,

and the Key in the URL to download the Software is invalid for the Bot Server.

Thanks.
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 02:05:24 PM

Anybody know where i'd find my licence key? i've got the software and email receipts but nowhere can i find the Licence Key,

and the Key in the URL to download the Software is invalid for the Bot Server.

Thanks.

Both the link to the download and the license key can be found on the My Account page. If they are not there please contact me per mail, PM or support ticket and i will have a look if something has gone wrong in some way. Smiley

Edit:
Yep i have updated worpress (today) and something has gone wrong on showing the information. Please stand-by and i will solve this asap.

SirGeekalot

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:15:10 PM

THanks, just wanted to check i wasnt going mad.

I haven't slept a lot recently..
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 02:26:24 PM

If you read up and use the drop-loss strategies that i have posted earlier i am sure you will sleep well the coming days.

BTW the problem is resolved. The information is again available at the My Account -page.

Tron2013

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:53:47 PM

Hello,

the BTC is not selling after 4 min or 10min. They hold the Order endless :-(

Insurances

Overcome fee costs -Insurance
Cancel open order after 4 minute(s)
Hpotsirc

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:49:30 PM

Today my API credentials for Bitstamp somehow got lost  Huh When i tried to fill in new credentials i got the following message:
https://i.imgur.com/m0XKQ9w.jpg
I will try it again tomorrow. I'll report back then.
Hpotsirc

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:21:52 AM

I've got no idea what the problem was but after trying it again this morning it worked. I guess it was a problem caused by bitstamp.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: