Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:32:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace  (Read 92774 times)
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:43:21 PM

Im also waiting alpha for android... but it seems that devs delay with this (

Has someone from the team already said something about an android alpha, when available and so on?

nope, nothing so far from the devs of this project announced. we have to wait until it drops Smiley

I think they developed first the Alpha for IOS naturally because they have  in their team a lead IOS app developer. I hope they would also hire a lead Android developer to satisfy the request of the community.

Well, maybe it's too expensive at the moment? Or they are already working on it, but it's still too early to tell.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:46:43 PM

In addition, the basic model of classifieds sites is that they do not facilitate payments in any manner, as they are essentially a listing site. This brings its own problems, namely a security threat in some regions if there is a need handle payment in cash. You can never know the other party and its intentions, and thus there is a increased risk of fraud or robbery. Soma Community Token, and escrowed smart contract system will solve this problem in these areas.

I am not sure which classifieds sites Soma are comparing themselves to but eBay and most of the classifieds sites in my country all have a seller rating system. Some of them also feature a seller review section, where you can read experiences from buyers.

With the information I have been given so far about the Soma tokens, I remain skeptical about their potential to disrupt.

I share your doubts and also would like to get more information from the developers here. Unfortunately it seems they are not very active here in this thread.
eneyardi

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:48:15 PM

Do you have any prorotypes? Can I test your system in any way? Huh

If you have an iphone you can.

They have an ios application but they don't have android yet.

If you don't have an iphone at least you can check ios gallery from the website of theirs.

https://soma.co

No Airdrop?
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:16:13 PM

If you don't have an iphone at least you can check ios gallery from the website of theirs.

No Airdrop?

No airdrop here. But you can check their bounties here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2129964

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:18:19 PM

i saw today is 50 pages soma threat completed. i think this is the most active threat with community. people keep coming on this threat. i think Soma will grow up more fast. personally i liked soma vision & partnership.

Yes, the hype is here, a very good community already.

The only thing I can criticize the devs contribution to the thread. At least they are active in the telegram.

Well, telegram is nice, but they really should also answer questions here on the topic. Also maybe they should give new infos etc here Smiley
That's true many people watch ANN thread first if they get to know a new project and not their telegram channel. I think it's not that much work for devs if they post updates and answer questions once a day.

Yes, I know that for myself, I avoid checking out telegram/slack when I'm researching a new project. Checking btct threads is so much easier because you don't have to sign up, and also because the first post by the dev is usually a decent summary of the project.
In telegram, you are only able to read the pinned post all posts before that are impossible to find if it's a big telegram channel with thousands of members.

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:41:23 PM

In addition, the basic model of classifieds sites is that they do not facilitate payments in any manner, as they are essentially a listing site. This brings its own problems, namely a security threat in some regions if there is a need handle payment in cash. You can never know the other party and its intentions, and thus there is a increased risk of fraud or robbery. Soma Community Token, and escrowed smart contract system will solve this problem in these areas.

I am not sure which classifieds sites Soma are comparing themselves to but eBay and most of the classifieds sites in my country all have a seller rating system. Some of them also feature a seller review section, where you can read experiences from buyers.

With the information I have been given so far about the Soma tokens, I remain skeptical about their potential to disrupt.

I share your doubts and also would like to get more information from the developers here. Unfortunately it seems they are not very active here in this thread.

That is not the only doubt I have about Soma. Chapter 5 of the whitepaper is a non-sequitur in the context of a C2C platform and a simplification of global economy and logistics. Reminds me of this:

FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:43:25 PM

Something I learned today.
Saw on Telegram that SOMA had an angel investor before the ICO started!

An angel investor of $6M!! That is just huge!
Someone really believes in this start-up! Knowing that this project already got a 6M USD funding, it blows my mind Cheesy

This is great news! Smiley
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:48:21 PM

developers seem to be looking for new investors, and there is simply no time to answer all the questions .. you can go to their twitter - as you can see, they are very active, just can't do the unlimited everywhere and at once
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:58:23 PM

Someone really believes in this start-up! Knowing that this project already got a 6M USD funding, it blows my mind Cheesy

can you tell me, which angel investor this was, funding 6m dollar ahead of the ico start?

would be nice to know Smiley
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:59:41 PM

i saw today is 50 pages soma threat completed. i think this is the most active threat with community. people keep coming on this threat. i think Soma will grow up more fast. personally i liked soma vision & partnership.

it is on a good way to become one, but it is not one at the moment. utrust is hitting page 200 now, as a partner of soma, i think this will boost soma too Smiley

The partnership is good for Soma on the bitcointalk forum, because the exposure to investor that uTurst has would partly overlay with Soma now.
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:15:18 PM

can you tell me, which angel investor this was, funding 6m dollar ahead of the ico start?

They call it angel investor because he/she/they really didn't want to be made public, so we shouldn't pry there, even if we are curious, the only thing that this is beneficial is that the project already have funds even if the ICO ended up not so successful Cheesy.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:16:48 PM

Quote from the article : "In terms of competitors, we believe that Soma has the potential of being a disruptor across multiple dimensions, both on the traditional classifieds space, as well as marketplaces at large. For example, traditional classifieds players still operate under the same business rules as they have for the last 15 years. They are struggling to embrace new and innovative technologies and despite their massive budgets, they have yet to truly evolve their business models and are pretty much attempting to adapt a “one-size-fits-all” approach across the globe."

Pretty confident words by the SOMA devs, lets see if they can make it happen

Devs really believe in there project and they sould.
When they are convienced that it will work then the chance of its succeeding is more likely because they just dont give up.

SOMA is a strong project with great potential.
They already raised a lot so devs will make this huge together with the community.

I think that SOMA shows how confidence they are about their project, thats good for their reputation. Hopefully they will raise enough money for their platform. Thanx for the link to the article.

Project is good for sure, my only doubt is about the future value of SCT tokens amd how they will be used. But I explained what I think many times and I'n not write it one more time

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:49:28 PM

Quote from the article : "In terms of competitors, we believe that Soma has the potential of being a disruptor across multiple dimensions, both on the traditional classifieds space, as well as marketplaces at large. For example, traditional classifieds players still operate under the same business rules as they have for the last 15 years. They are struggling to embrace new and innovative technologies and despite their massive budgets, they have yet to truly evolve their business models and are pretty much attempting to adapt a “one-size-fits-all” approach across the globe."

Pretty confident words by the SOMA devs, lets see if they can make it happen

Devs really believe in there project and they sould.
When they are convienced that it will work then the chance of its succeeding is more likely because they just dont give up.

SOMA is a strong project with great potential.
They already raised a lot so devs will make this huge together with the community.

I think that SOMA shows how confidence they are about their project, thats good for their reputation. Hopefully they will raise enough money for their platform. Thanx for the link to the article.

Project is good for sure, my only doubt is about the future value of SCT tokens amd how they will be used. But I explained what I think many times and I'n not write it one more time

the more successful the project is, the higher the value of the token. in that case everyone will want a piece of the action.

matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:58:29 PM

They call it angel investor because he/she/they really didn't want to be made public, so we shouldn't pry there, even if we are curious, the only thing that this is beneficial is that the project already have funds even if the ICO ended up not so successful Cheesy.

That is the kick start they need before ICO, this money will count for softcap right? That means we dont have to worry if they will continue with the development or not, they got more than enough to guarantee the project growth. 

firstboy

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

firstboy

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:48:34 PM

Hahaha.. I think that is true in the event that the ICO did not attract enough funds, the project can still go on.
But that senario most lfrom ikely won't happen. Cause getting money from investor is harder than raising fund from ICO.
The amount of due diligence and scrutiny plus interviews done before the investor part with their money kinda give credence to this project.
Those investors already done the job (scrutiny) for us.
I will definitely be monitoring and invest in this project.

Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:57:06 PM

Wiow, I did not know this. Hope it will be a good whale and not a dumper  Cheesy
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:57:26 PM

The iPhone app is pretty cool so far. I can't wait to see what some of the future development looks like!

The screenshots we've seen by one of the forum members are still very alpha, although they do show the potential. I think the engineered screenshots on the soma website show us a lot better  what the final product will look like. I do expect a lot of changes in the future due to feedback of alpha and beta testers. But overall the app does look good to begin.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:15:03 PM

The iPhone app is pretty cool so far. I can't wait to see what some of the future development looks like!

The screenshots we've seen by one of the forum members are still very alpha, although they do show the potential. I think the engineered screenshots on the soma website show us a lot better  what the final product will look like. I do expect a lot of changes in the future due to feedback of alpha and beta testers. But overall the app does look good to begin.
anyway, this platform will be very useful. in the future I think SOMA will be very popular. Now we can waiting for ICO ending, and adding list to good exchange
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:20:52 PM

That is the kick start they need before ICO, this money will count for softcap right? That means we dont have to worry if they will continue with the development or not, they got more than enough to guarantee the project growth.  
so there is an angel investor that hard belive in this ico,with his help development of project wil continue,regardless of fundraising of the ico,that is nice...
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:35:13 PM

Wiow, I did not know this. Hope it will be a good whale and not a dumper  Cheesy

I already knew that there is an angel investor, thus no soft cap for the ico. But i had no idea that this Investor put that much money in the project. That s impessive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: