Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:34:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies  (Read 121796 times)
babar123

Activity: 481
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:07:04 PM

hi i paid for a licence thought, in my country there is no tax on crypto to crypto trade, is it possible to calculate only the amount of euros credit minus the amount of euros paid from a kraken ledger ?
gains announced are thus much higher than what should be reported, or is there other way ? i tried something with google sheet just to make a sum but ive no basis in programmation Cry

how did u find solution for it ? Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
armspec

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:18:46 PM

Anybody having a problem with Cryptopia API import of withdrawals and deposits?? I have all
my transactions but not deposits/withdrawals. Sure dont want to have to enter those manually for last year...

go to your deposit and upload history on Cryptopia and download them manually (theres a button near the bottom of the table) import this into the CoinTracking_Excel_Import spreadsheet and upload them as a bulk upload doesn't take long, I also did this for coins i mined at cryptopia  Wink easy

Yobit however is an absolute ball ache

Thanks. I actually got it fixed. Deleted everything for topia and redid the api job, enabled withdrawals and deposits in USD and for whatever reason all deposits and withdrawals of everything then showed up

Ugh--Yobit next.
Jan2017

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:20:52 PM

I hope it wasn't in one of the 50+ pages before, but....

What does the little lightning bolt mean in the CoinTracking app???
It shows next to the crypto symbol of the coin on the first page.
AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:02:46 AM

Anybody having a problem with Cryptopia API import of withdrawals and deposits?? I have all
my transactions but not deposits/withdrawals. Sure dont want to have to enter those manually for last year...

go to your deposit and upload history on Cryptopia and download them manually (theres a button near the bottom of the table) import this into the CoinTracking_Excel_Import spreadsheet and upload them as a bulk upload doesn't take long, I also did this for coins i mined at cryptopia  Wink easy

Yobit however is an absolute ball ache

Thanks. I actually got it fixed. Deleted everything for topia and redid the api job, enabled withdrawals and deposits in USD and for whatever reason all deposits and withdrawals of everything then showed up

Ugh--Yobit next.

sweet i wish id've known that before still it didnt take long.

main problem i have at Yobit is vanishing and changing history with no csv download option, ended up printing the pages to xps files then converting them to xls online then double checking the values before uploading but I still have issues and keep having to correct things. So I hardly trade there anymore

jamesmbond

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:20:06 PM

When Cointracking imports by (Exodus software) BTC wallet transactions, it shows a "fee" that is (much) higher than the total BTC deposit into my wallet.   How is this possible that my fees are higher than the entire BTC transaction amount.   Real example is .00256815 BTC transferred from one of my mining pools shows a fee of .014659723.   I assume. this fee is also in BTC funds/denomination so not sure how the "fee" can be 10-15 times the amount of the entire BTC transfer/deposit.

Can anyone explain/help?
evolart

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:08:55 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 09:27:37 PM by evolart

Anyone know how long it takes for new ETH Wallet Imports to show up? The site says automatically but that obviously isn't true. I'm guessing it might be on a schedule like their API imports?
nathamos

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:54:20 AM

Hello, i'm using coin-tracking to simply understand how much profit am i at given my buys/sells/trades. One thing i am confused about is "Current Balance" on the dashboard. It is showing the total number of coins i've ever purchased and doesn't seem to reflect the total coins i am holding right now (i.e. somehow not reflecting sells). Is this expected?

I am having the same problem.

I've been having this issue but only on some coins started yesterday with STA deleted and reentered the last trade and it went away but now zrc is doing the same and deleting and re-entering the trade does nothing, weird thing is they show on the dashboard list but when i look at balance by exchange i have no ZRC listed anywhere Huh

Having the same problem.

I have all of my transactions split out into seperate spreadsheets per exchange. I've spent many hours getting these balanced out to zero.

If I delete all transactions from CoinTracking then import one of these sheets everything looks fine initially.

"Current Balance" on the dashboard, the "Current Balance" report, the "Balance by Exchange" report, and the summary at the bottom right of "Overview and Manual import" are all 0.00 as expected.

But as soon as I click "recalculate trades" everything goes haywire and starts telling me I have balances that I do not.

I wasn't having this problem last time I worked on this a week or so ago.

Manually adding a tiny transaction per coin seems to fix it but this isn't a solution.

Very frustrating!
AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:02:07 AM

Having the same problem.

I have all of my transactions split out into seperate spreadsheets per exchange. I've spent many hours getting these balanced out to zero.

If I delete all transactions from CoinTracking then import one of these sheets everything looks fine initially.

"Current Balance" on the dashboard, the "Current Balance" report, the "Balance by Exchange" report, and the summary at the bottom right of "Overview and Manual import" are all 0.00 as expected.

But as soon as I click "recalculate trades" everything goes haywire and starts telling me I have balances that I do not.

I wasn't having this problem last time I worked on this a week or so ago.

Manually adding a tiny transaction per coin seems to fix it but this isn't a solution.

Very frustrating!

got a response from support it was due to the server migration and should now be sorted

wizardofwhere

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 03:51:02 PM

HI
I downloaded the cointracking excel template for uploading data, inserted my data under the columns then attempted to upload it.  I continue to receive an error that the system doesn't see a timestamp, so the transaction can't be uploaded.  There is clearly a timestamp in the exact format from the template and I've tried to upload via the excel and csv format with the same errors. Any ideas?

Thx 
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:07:12 PM

Soooooo

how do we know this outfit is not going to monetize the data they collect on us?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
kaioy

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:11:30 AM

Hi, when using the Excel template to upload trades / transfers, how are fees represented?
e.g. I buy 1 ETH with 1000 USDT and the exchange charges 0.2% of bought currency, so do I input the following:
1. Buy amount = 1 ETH, Sell Amount = 1000 USDT, Fee amount = 0.002 ETH, or
2. Buy amount = 0.998 ETH, Sell Amount = 1000 USDT, Fee amount = 0.002 ETH or something else?

For withdrawals, most exchanges charge for this transaction. If I want to transfer 1 ETH out and the exchange charges 0.01 ETH as transaction fee, do I put:
1. Sell amount = 1 ETH, Fee amount = 0.002 ETH or
2. Sell amount = 0.998 ETH, Fee amount = 0.002 ETH?

BTW, with binance uploads using csv files, I note that the "Withdrawal History" file has no mention of any fees. eg. if I transfer 1 ETH out, it just registers the payload of 1 ETH and not the 0.01 ETH transfer fee. How can I get this fee deducted properly?
justlearning45

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:34:36 PM

I love cointracking but have a question if anyone can help.

I have been working on inputting my transactions from multiple exchanges and wallets. I am getting close to figuring it out except the following:

If I'm understanding this correctly, the cash deposited into exchanges should represent a negative (red) number in Cointracking.info.

My issue: I transferred money from my bank account into coinbase which I bought LTC with. Note: the money was directly traded for LTC. There is not a USD balance. When I transfer the transaction into contracking, the USD shows negative. It is listed as a direct "trade".

Now, I deposited money from my bank account into my Gemini account. I now have a USD balance in Gemini. I use that money to make transactions into ETH. When transferred to cointracking they are listed as first a "deposit" (the cash) and then a "trade" (ETH for USD). Two separate transactions.

The trouble I am having is with my Gemini transactions. My cash invested does not represent a negative number like that of my coinbase transactions. Therefore, it doesn't reflect an accurate USD investment total (it seems). Currently, I do have a positive uninvested USD balance in Gemini but it is a small amount compared to what I have put in (it should not be positive).

If anyone can explain, I appreciate it and thank you in advance for your time.

smartinuf

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:19:46 AM

I can't seem to get the new coinbase API to work. On the API import page it shows "key invalid" under "running jobs" even though I followed instructions when creating API and adding it to CoinTracking. Had it working before (old version) then it stopped doing automatic imports,  I went to check to see what's up and then learned about new API version so I created new one and deleted old one per instructions but can't get it to work and still shows "key invalid". Redid whole process with same result.

Anybody get this to work or know any tricks to get it functioning?
BitcoinDood

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:14:40 PM

Hey everyone. Sorry if this has already been covered. I've got a bunch of these in my tax report Bittrex (+1) I get various numbers, some have up to (+3) Are these duplicate entries?  Can someone tell me what these are? I've skimmed through the documentation but haven't been able to find anything about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, meeting with my accountant next week, and running out of time. Thanks.
coinpeasant

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:11:50 AM

Hi, when using the Excel template to upload trades / transfers, how are fees represented?
e.g. I buy 1 ETH with 1000 USDT and the exchange charges 0.2% of bought currency, so do I input the following:
1. Buy amount = 1 ETH, Sell Amount = 1000 USDT, Fee amount = 0.002 ETH, or
2. Buy amount = 0.998 ETH, Sell Amount = 1000 USDT, Fee amount = 0.002 ETH or something else?

For withdrawals, most exchanges charge for this transaction. If I want to transfer 1 ETH out and the exchange charges 0.01 ETH as transaction fee, do I put:
1. Sell amount = 1 ETH, Fee amount = 0.002 ETH or
2. Sell amount = 0.998 ETH, Fee amount = 0.002 ETH?

BTW, with binance uploads using csv files, I note that the "Withdrawal History" file has no mention of any fees. eg. if I transfer 1 ETH out, it just registers the payload of 1 ETH and not the 0.01 ETH transfer fee. How can I get this fee deducted properly?

Try to think about what you started with compared to what you ended up with and record those amounts, it's just that simple.

In your example, you paid 1000 USDT and received 0.998 ETH (1 ETH minus the fee), so that's what you record. The fee column in CoinTracking is informational only and does not affect the calculations, so to be honest I wouldn't bother inputting it. If you do want to record it, the same example would be that you paid 1000 USDT, received 0.998 ETH, and there was a fee of 0.002 ETH. If you pay for the service (I have), the API's record it this way automatically.

If you sold 1 ETH at 1 ETH/1000 USDT, you'd expect to receive 998 USDT because of the fee so you'd record 1 ETH sold for 998 USDT. However things get weird if they charge the fee against what  you sold. For example if you sold 1 ETH at the same rate, where they gave you 1000 USDT in return, but charged a 0.002 ETH fee, you might be looking at 1.002 ETH sold for 1000 USDT. In some cases they will factor in the fee already so you may pay 1 ETH for 1000 USDT (a purchase on Coinbase for example will lump the fee into what you purchased). This is kind of confusing, but eventually should make sense, however as I started with... just focus on what you gave up and what they ultimately gave you and that's all you need to do for every trade you have.

Withdrawals fees are confusing, I'm not sure what is actually the "right" way to factor that in. I'd like to say it factored into my trade price, however that's probably not entirely right. I've seen some explanations say to record is as being spent, however I think that muddies up taxes (to be honest I haven't tried inputting those but it might be considered a barter transaction since crypto is property).
coinpeasant

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:31:46 AM

I love cointracking but have a question if anyone can help.

I have been working on inputting my transactions from multiple exchanges and wallets. I am getting close to figuring it out except the following:

If I'm understanding this correctly, the cash deposited into exchanges should represent a negative (red) number in Cointracking.info.

My issue: I transferred money from my bank account into coinbase which I bought LTC with. Note: the money was directly traded for LTC. There is not a USD balance. When I transfer the transaction into contracking, the USD shows negative. It is listed as a direct "trade".

Now, I deposited money from my bank account into my Gemini account. I now have a USD balance in Gemini. I use that money to make transactions into ETH. When transferred to cointracking they are listed as first a "deposit" (the cash) and then a "trade" (ETH for USD). Two separate transactions.

The trouble I am having is with my Gemini transactions. My cash invested does not represent a negative number like that of my coinbase transactions. Therefore, it doesn't reflect an accurate USD investment total (it seems). Currently, I do have a positive uninvested USD balance in Gemini but it is a small amount compared to what I have put in (it should not be positive).

If anyone can explain, I appreciate it and thank you in advance for your time.

I've only made a small contribution through Coinbase and used APIs to load in my transactions and I have the same issue. It's just a weird issue with the way Coinbase reports it (they don't show a deposit of the USD and then a trade, or at least I'm not seeing it that way). I just ignored it but realized an easy solution. Let's say you traded 10 USD for 1 LTC on Coinbase and you have that trade recorded. Coinbase would then be showing as -10 USD which technically isn't matching your true USD balance on Coinbase (which would likely be $0), however your USD balance across all accounts correctly shows -10 USD so you don't want that messed up either. I would suggest recording a withdrawal from your bank and a matching deposit to Coinbase. I just did this for myself and it works great.

(Trade time - 2 seconds): Withdrawal from Exchange named "Bank" of 10 USD
(Trade time - 1 second): Desposit to Coinbase of 10 USD
(Trade time): Trade of 10 USD for 1 LTC

The result is that you'll still have -10 USD across all accounts, but now your Coinbase balance will show the correct USD balance and the Exchange named Bank will show -10 USD.

For your Gemini transactions, since you have the Deposit and Trade already, you just need to add a Withdrawal line from your Bank.
jackjackfly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:17:16 PM

So guys, how you like this service? Is it worth using? As I sometimes have problems with controling all coins I follow. So I'm looking something like cointracking

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:27:05 PM

So guys, how you like this service? Is it worth using? As I sometimes have problems with controling all coins I follow. So I'm looking something like cointracking
Is it worth it if you can use the free version? Yes.

Is the UNLIMITED plan worth it? Not by a long shot.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:25:37 PM

remember, if something is free...YOU are the product

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:35:58 PM

remember, if something is free...YOU are the product
Yes, the free product in this case is to entice you to buy the upgraded version, which, IMO is not worth it. To many bugs, quirks, and unsupported exchanges/wallets to be useful. I spend more time correcting things manually than it does automatically/usefully.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: