Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Deprived Mining Speculation (DMS)  (Read 198701 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:33:29 AM

Hey guys, I know that many of you are sitting on a lot of DMS shares right now - I'm really hoping for all of you that he reappears when CipherTrade launches. It's simple luck that I was out of DMS when BTCT closed; I had quite a few bids open at the time.

That being said, for those of you that may not be aware, I have launched a set of securities in the spirit of DMS called Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative, listed on Havelock. I sincerely missed trading in DMS and am happy to bring a version of it to the market.

There are some key differences between DMS and BDD which I hope you'll see if you choose to read the contract. Many of you, I assume, would support some of those changes: namely that all capital will be held on the exchange and there will be no investment of capital.

Both of these changes are meant solely the reduce the security holders' counter-party risk. You can never totally eliminate this risk, but these changes will allow BDD to circumvent some of the issues that DMS had/has (the close call with Coinlenders' default, Deprived's current absence).

Please let me know if you have any questions either here or in the BDD thread. Thanks for reading-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:02:25 AM

That being said, for those of you that may not be aware, I have launched a set of securities in the spirit of DMS called Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative, listed on Havelock. I sincerely missed trading in DMS and am happy to bring a version of it to the market.

There are some key differences between DMS and BDD which I hope you'll see if you choose to read the contract. Many of you, I assume, would support some of those changes: namely that all capital will be held on the exchange and there will be no investment of capital.

Both of these changes are meant solely the reduce the security holders' counter-party risk. You can never totally eliminate this risk, but these changes will allow BDD to circumvent some of the issues that DMS had/has (the close call with Coinlenders' default, Deprived's current absence).

Please let me know if you have any questions either here or in the BDD thread. Thanks for reading-
Great news, thanks!

Personally I don't really trust Havelock very much, but since currently it's the only option, I'll give it a try anyway.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:31:03 PM

Great news, thanks!

Personally I don't really trust Havelock very much, but since currently it's the only option, I'll give it a try anyway.

To be completely honest, I wasn't a huge fan of Havelock before this venture. However, they have been very helpful and accommodating with the entire set-up and maintenance of this security. They've also been willing to make some custom changes to their system to allow me to manage the fund more efficiently.

While I may not be a fan of some of the companies listed on the exchange, as I've voiced in some of my IPO Analysis posts, they've been a great partner so far for BDD. Thanks for the interest!
junkonator

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:55:34 PM

Someone posted a list of all MINING and SELLING dividends for the last couple of months (gdrive iirc) which I didn't find on the last 10 or so pages. Can someone point me there please?
bug1234

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:17:18 AM

its in post no #1668
Jasun7211

Activity: 517
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:27:26 AM

So its safe to say that deprived and his funds are now toast...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
junkonator

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:23:49 AM

its in post no #1668
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhOuA6fGcxFndG10cUYxXzVFRVNLaWNsTGdWdFhxMmc&usp=sharing#gid=0
Thanks bug1234! Selling doesn't exist?
Progressive

Activity: 181

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:39:52 PM

Quote from: WoodTech
TL;DR: Sorry, and I've not vanished.

Dear All,

I am really sorry about my extended period of absence from the community. Unfortunately I have had to deal with some personal tragedy recently which affected me and my loved ones very badly. Having had an acute period of depression in the past, experience has taught me that the most expeditious way out is to completely disconnect from work and other stress-inducing activities while I deal with the illness through intensive daily therapy. In the past I have attempted to combine that with work, but I've found it just drags out the acute period and during it I'm pretty useless and prone to errors of judgment.

I apologise that I felt unable to communicate this to you sooner. It was simpler with my core work at Memset since I just needed to let my assistants know I had to vanish for a while. I recognise now that my unexpected absence has caused this community, in particular the CIPHERMINE shareholders and bondholders, some concern. It is unlikely that I'm going to get anything worse thrown at me here on in, Gods forbid, but I shall be putting in place better measures to deal with me becoming ill etc. for CipherMine and CipherTrade. The timing was unfortunate since I was mid-handover of several components to Giles (evilscoop), Si (Sims) and the rest of the team.

CipherTrade will take care of the dividends issues; once its up the process will no longer rely on me. While we are doing dividends manually it has been simpler to continue with me doing them, and I will be issuing another round soon. Apologies for their irregularity. The CIPHERMINE.B1 dividends are held back by a technical issue; the size of the payments for individual bondholders is now below the the transaction size limit for BTC, even after having allowed them to accumulate for a while. As an aside, I think this bodes very well for alt-coins. BTC's minimum transaction size is now more than $0.01, making it a poor choice for micro-transactions.

Anyway, I'm on the mend and will be getting back up to speed with my work responsibilities and our various projects over the next couple of weeks. I have planned a staged return on the advice of my doctors so won't be operating at full capacity just yet. Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this very difficult period.

Kate.

PS. To confirm, we received our second batch of 5 HashFast BabyJets today! Smiley That brings our total to 7 BabyJets. We have another order of 3 pending (9 in total), and 8 upgrades (a second 400 GHs Golden Nonce chip for the BJ's). I'm not sure why I ordered 8 rather than 9 upgrades, perhaps it was all we could afford at the time. We also have 4 HashFast Sierras (1.2 TH/s) on order, and 3 x 2 TH/s Cointerra units to come. Although there has been controversy around HashFast, their kit is arriving and it appears rock-solid in terms of performance so I'm unconcerned there. We will be investigating the status of the Miner Protection Programme though since it should pay out handsomely for us!

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582.msg122978#msg122978
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:31:29 AM

Anyone has tried to contact Kate to ask about Deprived?
ryan1894

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:20:29 PM

What happened after the btct.co shutdown?

Were the dividends paid directly to the correponding btc addresses?
NineLives

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:29:34 PM

I think its now time to call this a potential run away or he's dead.

I'm in the UK.  Dig some info and I will investigate.

Bitcoin Mining Hardware:   www.mininghardware.co.uk
HowlingMad

Activity: 175

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:47:51 PM

Yes, I received dividends for about six weeks and then the fund was insolvent.  The fund owned a boatload of Ciphermine but it was worth virtually nothing.  Until the Ciphermine starts trading again no one has an idea of what the fund is worth.

Windows 10, R280x * 3
HowlingMad

Activity: 175

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:50:53 PM

I'm not sure if someone can prove their ownership of DMS shares to an outsider (that is, not Deprived or burnside). There is the asset-holders-list that issuers have received from burnside, but unless either burnside shares this list with usagi, there's no way to verify how many shares someone has. Obviously, with this list, a signed message from the public BTC address associated with the shares is easy.
I was able to go to BTCT a few weeks ago and download listings of my trades and stock/share totals.  Have you tried that?

Windows 10, R280x * 3
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:52:59 PM

Yes, I received dividends for about six weeks and then the fund was insolvent.  The fund owned a boatload of Ciphermine but it was worth virtually nothing.  Until the Ciphermine starts trading again no one has an idea of what the fund is worth.

The fund didn't become insolvent and Ciphermine bonds didn't become virtually worthless. Ciphermine bonds are still redeemable for face value, but doing so invokes a 3 month waiting period during which dividends are waived. So it was decided to wait for Cipermine bonds and DMS to relist elsewhere.

However, in while the CipherTrade exchange is now in beta preparing for launch, Deprived has not shown his face on the forums in months.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:53:06 PM

Interesting, did you receive direct dividends for SELLING and/or PURCHASE?

I didn't get anything for MINING
Benny1985

Activity: 391

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:22:07 PM

I'm not Kate, but I'm part of CipherTrade's advisory board.

There has been no formal contact with Deprived, AKA Jon since November, that I am aware of. He seemingly was going to be an integral part of what CipherTrade was going to do in regards to legal aspects of the company. As soon as I hear something, I will let you know, but his departure was..... Strange. He could of had a huge seat at the table for what CT was/is going to do, but of all the conversations we've had with board members, he's been totally absent.

Until the point of his disappearance, he seemed very upfront about what he was interested in, and what he was planning to do with DMS on CipherTrade. He dropped a few hints about his personal/professional life in communications, and I will see if we can do some detective work in the next month to see why he's gone missing.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:29:27 AM

I'm not Kate, but I'm part of CipherTrade's advisory board.

There has been no formal contact with Deprived, AKA Jon since November, that I am aware of. He seemingly was going to be an integral part of what CipherTrade was going to do in regards to legal aspects of the company. As soon as I hear something, I will let you know, but his departure was..... Strange. He could of had a huge seat at the table for what CT was/is going to do, but of all the conversations we've had with board members, he's been totally absent.

Until the point of his disappearance, he seemed very upfront about what he was interested in, and what he was planning to do with DMS on CipherTrade. He dropped a few hints about his personal/professional life in communications, and I will see if we can do some detective work in the next month to see why he's gone missing.

There are people on this thread whose shares in DMS.* are worth a significant amount. Some of us may be interested in doing our own detective work sooner than next month. Is there any reason you can't divulge his real name here? Whatever has happened, we are due the opportunity to find out so we can work out what to do next.

The guy has been away for three months without explanation; I think he's waived his right to pseudonymity.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Benny1985

Activity: 391

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:58:44 PM

There are people on this thread whose shares in DMS.* are worth a significant amount. Some of us may be interested in doing our own detective work sooner than next month. Is there any reason you can't divulge his real name here? Whatever has happened, we are due the opportunity to find out so we can work out what to do next.

The guy has been away for three months without explanation; I think he's waived his right to pseudonymity.

I am still looking into seeing what everyone at CT knew of him before I can really make many statements, because my interactions were a few internal E-mails from him - nothing that would allow you to track him down. Let me try to discuss Deprived's identity with the rest of the board, and if I can find out anything more, share it with you.

Having said this, the last communication I had with him was 11/15/2013.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:51:23 AM

I am still looking into seeing what everyone at CT knew of him before I can really make many statements, because my interactions were a few internal E-mails from him - nothing that would allow you to track him down. Let me try to discuss Deprived's identity with the rest of the board, and if I can find out anything more, share it with you.

OK, thanks for doing this.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 06:42:55 AM

OK, thanks for doing this.

+1

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: