Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:29:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
GroundRod

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:03:51 AM

@Vlad - You must thrive on the drama, don't encourage him.... Zebedee's position is as valid at the next person, it just makes it hard to follow this thread with any serious development work.

@Vlad2Vlad - Very strange to me that Thomas wants to set site editing conditions, but hey who ever pays the bill for it, is at least willing to let it be brought up-to-date and that is a good thing...

Would say honor the conditions, keep any web work there to a minimum so its accurate and proceed to develop whatever you have planned somewhere else, like the IXCFoundation site, leaving ixcoin.org as a historical reference point.  I don't like keeping the original logo, but hay if that gets ahmed the bounty, who cares run with it.

@kraizi - As of yet, other than you, few have even commented on it.  Waiting for Vlad to hear back from Jeffrey @ cex.io on his thoughts.  Ya I put the 1ixc txfee up as just an idea, even there it's = to 0.000048btc right now, apx. an order of magnitude cheaper than a bitcoin's fee.  What has been bugging me for more than a month is how Worldcoin's withdrawal fee suddenly jumped on several exchanges to 1 coin.  Just recently moved some around and sent some from my wallet with a 0.001 worldcoin tx fee and there was no problem with getting it delivered, haven't looked into 'why' several exchanges increased the withdrawal fee on that coin, but its a show stopper if you are only moving a few coins around.  Scratch the 1ixc coin tx fee idea, I don't like it either, but without offering miners some reward, we've got to consider the 'try to send once' failure as the biggest problem IXC faces, no other coin has run this long and run out of blocks to mine.  And so it will be the first coin that has to learn to hurdle itself over that obstacle.

Apparently you (correct me if I'm wrong) and Vlad and many others feel that this is a 'non' issue, the miners are willing to merge-generate ixc blocks for 'free'.  What I'm trying to say is nothing lasts at that price in the world of commence, ya for now they can do that and apparently will do that 'for 'free', but what happens when no miner can be found to include your coins for sending at that price?  Commence ends until an agreed upon price can be found, in the mean time you'll have potentially hundreds, if not thousands of really pissed off users with stuck coins they can't move, most will not want to learn programming so they can repair a wallet and reverse the send that never went through. 

If IXC price goes up to 0.05 btc, then I would say your 0.0001 Tx fee is a very good bargain and potentially a cash cow for the miners, if IXC price drops to 1sat, then I would say its going to cost you 1000ixc to get a transmit to go through, that reality is on the horizon, not the distant future.  I would like to see something like this:

The client software queries the IXCFoundation website before coin is sent,
the Tx fee is adjusted based on currently available miner bids and
the user is presented with a choice as to how much they want to spend to send the coin,
the user then determines how fast the network will likely process it.
*An cryptocurrency innovative idea

That is just one of many possible solutions, but we can be the first in discovering them.

@kraizi - Sincerely, thanks for your comments.  We do agree that getting the transaction quantities way up there is a really important thing to do, figuring out ways to make that happen is a very good thing...  Vlad's efforts and the creation of the Foundation... I think are pure positive, as well as getting organized in general, promoting the fact that IXC is BTC, just much cheaper, I think should be front and center, as to the Counterparty stuff I've yet to form an opinion, but you will have to inspire a developer to care, right now I think we're extremely lucky to be getting this upgrade to 9.2.1 with merge-mined code fully tested.  Once that is running on CEX too, then perhaps more good things will follow.

GR
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kraizi

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:58:36 PM

Apparently you (correct me if I'm wrong) and Vlad and many others feel that this is a 'non' issue, the miners are willing to merge-generate ixc blocks for 'free'.  What I'm trying to say is nothing lasts at that price in the world of commence, ya for now they can do that and apparently will do that 'for 'free', but what happens when no miner can be found to include your coins for sending at that price?  Commence ends until an agreed upon price can be found, in the mean time you'll have potentially hundreds, if not thousands of really pissed off users with stuck coins they can't move, most will not want to learn programming so they can repair a wallet and reverse the send that never went through.  

I haven't looked at the code enough to know exactly how the tx fee works, but my guess is that tx's cannot get stuck.  It would be a bad design.  Either the client shouldn't allow the user to send without a minimum fee, or if it does, the tx should be guaranteed to be sent, only with a time delay added.

The time delay is a great compromise because most users are willing to pay a nominal fee if they can send with no delay.  Those who just don't want to pay it don't have to, but they must understand there will be a delay.

That seems to be the way Bitcoin works.  Sometimes I can send a tx with no fee.  Sometimes it forces me to pay the minimum.  I don't know why it is not consistent, but it may depend on the version of the client I'm using.  Does anyone know?  But often when it accepts a zero fee, there is up to a 12 hour time delay.  I've never had a tx get stuck.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 03:17:02 PM

I agree with GroundRod (what's a ground rod?) that a minimum fee should be added.  But I don't know what that should be.  I've messages Jeffrey but no response yet.

Bitcoin fees are about to skyrocket which is how I knew they'd use LTC and doge as a bandaid.  IXC will have yet one more huge advantage over Bitcoin:  Way cheaper fees.  And of course much faster block propagation.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 01:08:45 AM

unless changes are coded to the present source or the upcoming 9.2 work (that I still have not had a chance to review due to a few other things going on ) I believe in btc 9.2 lets you set whatever you want as a fee (Which of course advanced users can do now) however sending a tx with no fee means you may not get confirmed quickly  ??  I know with btc from reading posts and listening to lectures Gavin says miners should determine the fees.
I am not making any suggestion as to what fee's should be 'coded' to or forced to or even saying that needs to be done at all.
Just pointing out that a few tweaks to the advanced features of 9.2 may be necessary to make these changes if whoever makes the final choice wants a minimum fee set.  These changes may not just be commenting out a few lines of code either.....

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 01:29:16 AM

unless changes are coded to the present source or the upcoming 9.2 work (that I still have not had a chance to review due to a few other things going on ) I believe in btc 9.2 lets you set whatever you want as a fee (Which of course advanced users can do now) however sending a tx with no fee means you may not get confirmed quickly  ??  I know with btc from reading posts and listening to lectures Gavin says miners should determine the fees.
I am not making any suggestion as to what fee's should be 'coded' to or forced to or even saying that needs to be done at all.
Just pointing out that a few tweaks to the advanced features of 9.2 may be necessary to make these changes if whoever makes the final choice wants a minimum fee set.  These changes may not just be commenting out a few lines of code either.....

If Bitcoin has that option set up then we should leave it like that.  Miners should set the fee since they're doing the work.  So in that case, let's not change the code.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 01:37:30 AM

Whoever just sent me .00001000 BTC - thanks a lot.  Not sure what it's for but I appreciate the gesture.

Cheers!

GroundRod

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:07:49 AM

I don't know if you know the answer or now but do you know who mined milions of iX early on as unredeemed at output to all different addresses ? 

Whoever did it had to know what they were doing.

Those millions of IXC will never be redeemed. The clients were being run out of several virtual machines that have long been since deleted in the earliest of IXC attacks by yours truly. For all of those who do not remember, TN was the original pre-mine scammer "enthusiast" who didn't bother to disclose that fact until it was discovered post launch. That was the sole reason the "I0coin" was created.

IXC will never go anywhere till TN decides to step away.

BTW, TN is *not* a single individual, IXcoin had a developer and a front man who posted as TN who has indicated several times he is not a developer at various points on the board. The original developer dropped the project after they realized that the premine wasn't going to work leaving TN to handle things on his own which is why it decayed into the zombie it was for a couple of years.

~BCX~

Thanks much for this insight to Ixc past.  It got me to thinking, it would be easy to shake this zombie off, if we all agreed to code into the client a complete rejection of spends from a certain set of addresses, any of those in the distant past on the blockchain that we want to nullify, perhaps you saved a copy of those virtual machine wallet addresses?  We could start with those.  BTW won't want to nullify any of those old IXC addresses with coins you may have found recently.  Way I see it, you earned them!

Figure you already know this BCX, but for some it might be news.
If everyone on the network installed the new version, no one could ever spend those coins again, end of story.  Asain coin had to do this, as of yet the price has never recovered, but a huge community team effort went into overdrive and they stopped the developer(whom disappeared) from ever spending the (up to then) hidden premine, exchanges and everybody came back online, its a good one to learn about POS and staking too IMO.

Unless you want to work something out with ahmed_bodi to obtain the github.com/ixcoin repository, it will become the new official ixcoin developers link for 9.2 and beyond.

Thank you for your work.

I can give ahmed_bodi collaborator access to the Ixcoin github if people think he is trustworthy.

Your welcome Nasakioto, been trying to help out as time allows.  As to ahmed_bodi.....I do.

I agree with GroundRod (what's a ground rod?) that a minimum fee should be added.  But I don't know what that should be.  I've messages Jeffrey but no response yet.
Glad you asked Vlad2Vlad:
Mostly I used these:
Pointed End Ground Rod, Length 8 ft., Diameter 5/8 In., Material Copper Bonded Steel, Features 10 mil Copper Coating, 30-yr. Service Life, Standards UL
http://www.zoro.com/g/Ground%20Rods/00062557/?category=7666
Interesting 59sec vid on a guy installing one similar to what I use to do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sLv4LLVPbA

Bitcoin fees are about to skyrocket which is how I knew they'd use LTC and doge as a bandaid.  IXC will have yet one more huge advantage over Bitcoin:  Way cheaper fees.  And of course much faster block propagation.

Cheers!

Put that last part big, front and center on the IXCFoundation site, sounds good to me too.  All I'm asking for is a note somewhere listing current commitment to tx fees from various top Miners, if possible how long into the future they will hold to that price too, the more the better.

I pretty much agree with Gavin here, sounds like you do too.  Here is where the IXCFoundation joins forces with the Miners and moves to warp speed.  Actually I think we should change the code there to not allow even advanced users to set a fee lower than our programmed minimum.  True anyone building from source can comment out our code and build a version to allow that, but I don't think the production code should allow having its fee set to zero by anyone from the user interface or the console or rpc.  Having no more blocks to mine means that everyone has to pay a fee.  Wouldn't you agree?

Ya I don't see that anything needs to be changed right this second, nor in Ahmed's initial release.  Sounds like a good project for me to take on though, goal of having whatever Tx fee code changes IXC needs, done by the end of the year.  That means commits on github, reviewed and built into the next revision bump by ahmed, gads of stuff for me to figure out, but then I've known how to crank when I finally get going.

If Bitcoin has that option set up then we should leave it like that.  Miners should set the fee since they're doing the work.  So in that case, let's not change the code.
Bet ahmed will be glad to hear that too, merged mine code tested w/the old logo added & the different platforms built, as per the terms.  Lets get the bounty money in escrow for Ahmed, this thing is close to being a done deal.

Its important to us though, showing confidence on the IXCFoundation site by listing the miner terms, our usage settlement cost, that's the confidence we're trying to build now.  Wiping out all the older premines could be a fairly easy coding task, both it & Tx fees could be coded up and released as an update quickly if need be.  Right now, I don't think we need to do either.  How many coins to use would we get outta this old engine, if we nullified all those old premines...20 million, 18, 15?

@Vlad2Vlad - you must know somebody that could build an Andriod version, when the above is ready it should be easy for the right coder & might be a nice addition.  Is how to print a paper wallet going to be on the IXCFoundation site too? 

l8r all,

GR
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 11:14:25 AM

Regarding nullifying Thomas' premine, I don't understand why anyone would do such a thing.

A premine or stealth mine was done.  Promises were made to pay out bounties with it and for future development.

So far all legit and pretty common practice in CryptoLand.

More than 3 years later the entire premine appears to be intact and large bounties are being paid out as promised.

No other alt-coin dev has ever held on to a premine, especially not a premine of a supposedly dead coin, one which was constantly attacked and forked, for so many years and remained faithful to paying out bounties as promised.

As of now, Thomas Nasakioto has done nothing wrong, and yet we want to smash the golden eggs in his basket which have been the biggest contributor to iXcoin's progress?  I don't see the fairness and logic in that.

Part of that premine is also earmarked for "future development".  What that means to me is Thomas has some plan for when IXC is $10+. That could mean millions of dollars in development money which we won't have to pay out of pocket or beg for investors like Bitcoin/Litecoin. 

If Thomas continues to stick to his plan and deliver on his promises then this could actually turn out to be quite a brilliant plan.

Let me make it clear, permanently destroying over 400,000 IXC would give me a bigger piece of the iXCoin pie given I have a lot of IXC so I would be a big winner of such a plan; however, I am trying to do what's right for IXC and for this community, and getting rid of potentially millions of dollars of future development money when no wrong has been committed doesn't sound right to me.

Let's play it by ear and as long as Thomas keeps his promises, as he has thus far, then we treat him with the same trust and integrity that he has shown towards iXCoin and it's community.

That's my two cents...

Cheers!

publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:24:34 PM

Regarding nullifying Thomas' premine, I don't understand why anyone would do such a thing.

A premine or stealth mine was done.  Promises were made to pay out bounties with it and for future development.

More than 3 years later the entire premine appears to be intact and large bounties are being paid out as promised.

No other alt-coin dev has ever held on to a premine, especially not a premine of a supposedly dead coin, one which was constantly attacked and forked, for so many years and remained faithful to paying out bounties as promised.

As of now, Thomas Nasakioto has done nothing wrong, and yet we want to smash the golden eggs in his basket which have been the biggest contributor to iXcoin's progress?  I don't see the fairness and logic in that.

Part of that premine is also earmarked for "future development".  What that means to me is Thomas has some plan for when IXC is $10+. That could mean millions of dollars in development money which we won't have to pay out of pocket or beg for investors like Bitcoin/Litecoin. 

If Thomas continues to stick to his plan and deliver on his promises then this could actually turn out to be quite a brilliant plan.

Let me make it clear, permanently destroying over 400,000 IXC would give me a bigger piece of the iXCoin pie given I have a lot of IXC so I would be a big winner of such a plan; however, I am trying to do what's right for IXC and for this community, and getting rid of potentially millions of dollars of future development money when no wrong has been committed doesn't sound right to me.

Let's play it by ear and as long as Thomas keeps his promises, as he has thus far, then we treat him with the same trust and integrity that he has shown towards iXCoin and it's community.

That's my two cents...

Cheers!

I couldn't agree more with Vlad, for what it's worth.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
kraizi

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:50:55 PM

A premine or stealth mine was done.  Promises were made to pay out bounties with it and for future development.

As of now, Thomas Nasakioto has done nothing wrong, and yet we want to smash the golden eggs in his basket which have been the biggest contributor to iXcoin's progress?  I don't see the fairness and logic in that.

Part of that premine is also earmarked for "future development".  What that means to me is Thomas has some plan for when IXC is $10+. That could mean millions of dollars in development money which we won't have to pay out of pocket or beg for investors like Bitcoin/Litecoin.  

That's my two cents...

Cheers!

I couldn't agree more with Vlad, for what it's worth.

I also agree with Vlad.  Thomas hasn't done anything wrong.  We should be focused on getting our transaction volume up by expanding our user base.  Counterparty is one way.  Getting a payment processor or two to use iXcoin is another, and we really need a good marketing campaign.   I think that's more where our focus should be.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 03:41:54 PM

Thanks for stating your opinions guys - that's what this is all about, doing what's right and best for the whole.

And I understand why some people wanna punish or get rid of Thomas but we have to think ahead and not behind.  

We badly need a payment processor and I think CEX will help with that but given won't do anything until the mining is done I'll see what I can do.

I'll talk to Brock Pierce, he's got an entire Eco system, including a pretty big payment processor.  Maybe if I promise him a top notch IxCoin with Counterparty he will go for it.

But we really need the Counterparty feature added soon then and I'm not sure who's gonna do that.  Some of you are coders so you should know other coders.

THOMAS, can you help out with the Counterparty feature?

Regards...

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 10:29:44 PM

Nxt and the bter hack proved just how bad of an idea it is to mess with the fungibility of crptocoins.

Premine or hacks or stolen coins must always be left alone. It never ends well for a community to block or destroy or refund by changing the code.

The only thing regarding the premine that can be done has to be done by thomas. And thomas said he would do it, so thats good enough for me.

Amin, brother.

Another thing is - so far no scam has been perpetrated; however, If we destroy those coins we would be confessing to a transgression which has never taken place but in the eyes of the cryptoworld iXCoin would forever be labeled as a scam coin which had to destroy the premine because of their scammer dev:  Charges which we would ourselves - a confession through actions - reacting out of fear, thus causing the very fear you're trying to prevent to come true. 

Just something else to think about.  Thomas and IXC have committed no scam whatsoever [yet] so let's not act like they have; lest we create an aura of guilt which doesn't really exist.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 10:31:01 PM

If nothing new happens in the coming weeks, I expect the price of iXcoin to crash even harder. We could reach a value very close to 1 cent.

who cares anyway? it's done :/

24h volume: $ 325   

Another newbie [with 3 posts] to the rescue. It's becoming a trend around here.  I actually predicted this would happen months ago.

And also that the trend would reverse after mining is completed but not with newbie account but rather with well established Sr and Hero level accounts.

Can't wait!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 10:34:02 PM

I think there is a good chance that ixcoin gets added to the supernet core.

Only coins with something unique have a chance at getting added.

Icoin already has something unique. Its hashrate. Ixcoin is secure, secure, secure.

Not to mention that it will soon be the trailblazer in the cryptoworld. Ixcoin is Bitcoin but fully matured in about a month.

That in and of itself is very valuable as well.

What is the supernet core?  What would this mean for iXCoin?  Sorry, but I've never heard of it.

Thx!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 10:38:39 PM

@deadsea,

Are you going to plan the ixcoin becoming mature party. Its kinda like a sweet 16 party crossed with a bar mitzvah

That's actually a good idea.  Let's plan a 21 Million, better than Bitcoin, party.  Hopefully the price won't collapse by then which would kinda ruin the whole party deal.  lol

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 10:41:35 PM

I think there is a good chance that ixcoin gets added to the supernet core.

lol bwwhahahhahahahha good one Cheesy

Zebedee, your game is getting played out.  Hope you bought enough HERO accounts to help your game when you try to take-over IXC [in Oct-Nov].

I've been expecting you [since last year] and I'll be prepared for your new "takeover" game.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:00:47 AM

Can somebody explain what this superNET is and what the implications would be for IXC if it were added to the core?

This is all news to me, I have not heard about any of this until today.

Thank you!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:03:08 AM

@JohnnyBTCseed,

What makes you so confident iXCoin can get added to the SuperNET core if not even Litecoin will be added?

Would love to hear your thoughts or theories on this since it's all new to me.

Thanks!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:07:59 PM

This is CfA's dream: in his dream he meets Vlad on Sept 2015. Lol

http://media.giphy.com/media/M91ZeHKbcCURq/giphy.gif

Hahahaaa.   That made me really laugh.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:47:43 PM

Interesting.  I suggested the development of something like the SuperNET last year.  I had a strong feeling then there would be a way to unify all the alts.  I was trying to think of a way to put them all into one single alt-coin which is what this sounds like.

It's either gonna be a solution like this or a total ban [eventually].

Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: