Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:37:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 05:13:45 AM

ok sorry i misunderstood the question.

miners always determine if a tx will be processed based  on the 'fee' attatched to process it.....

now after all iX are mined out , those who control the hash power (I think that is cex io here probably 75%+ of the network of iX)
control what tx will be processed.

If a large scale upgrade is made to the 9.x platform where people can set the tx fees the person sending coins is running a risk if they try to send coins without a fee. Earlier versions of the clients 'set' the fee to minimums based on various things..... (which you can overivde if you know how and want to) 

I am going to take a guess here and state that there will be a minimum 'fee' posted or 'fee schedule' posted for sending iX when the network reaches this level of maturity.  Until someone says something we will not know.   

On a separate note:

For those who consider the premine of iX a big deal or a 'scam' or such I disagree in this case.....

Here are a few thoughts......

Normally I have a foul distaste for any premined coin at all , that is just my personal feeling.
No coin project I am the dev of has ever had a premined coin.

That being said I think you have to consider the number of coins in a premine vs. the total supply of coins at a given time.

A coin with a 1% premine that will take 100 years to mine out all the coins means that premine is a much larger percentage than a coin with a 3% premine and all coins will be mined out in one year.   

When these new scammers that launch 5 new x11 and x13 coins a week and say 3% premine sometimes the number of coins after several months is actually a much larger percentage because the supply of coins available vs. what was premined is small........

iX had a few thousand blocks premined which is really small compared to the fact that almost all iX that will ever be created from coin production exist now, a small percentage. Also I have read many of the original creators early posts here on the forum and he was looking to purchase iX from others for bitcoin. Clearly someone who has a 'premine' and is 'buying' does not fit the typical mold for a scam at all. 

Finally, I will not go into a lot of detail now but I have spent some time studying the blockchain of iX , in particular the first 15,000 blocks or so.......

Without revealing exact details of what I saw I will say that 'someone' out there is holding onto a massive amount of iX and it has never ever moved.(last time I checked a few weeks ago)  so..... unless that person got in a car accident and told no one about their plans or something happened to them (unlikely) the actual premine is NOTHING compared to the coins that have never been touched. 

All the answers are there if you know how to read an abe block crawler and what to look for...... check it out for yourself  don't take my word for it.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 05:32:21 AM

I went to block 21,000 and still found unredeemed blocks for iXCoin.  And they are very common at that level.

That's over 2 million coins - not all but quite a few were unredeemed which means that for over 3 years now that person or people who mined those coins have not even moved them.

Why and who would do that?  And if you look, you'll find some unredeemed blocks even up to the 5,000,000 coins blocks although at that point they're not as common due to the fact merge mining had started and many more miners came in.  That's as high as I looked so there could be even more unredeemed blocks than that.

To compare I looked at i0Coin - also a 3 year old coin but unlike iXcoin it was seen as a clean, fair coin with a "real" dev and no premine at the time of launch.  Surely, the people and devs mining this coin had long term plans, unlike the supposed scam iXCoin where the dev planned to just dump the premine, right?

WRONG!  I searched and searched and I could NOT find even ONE SINGLE UNREDEEMED block for i0Coin.

NOT ONE!

So riddle me that!  Who is holding potentially millions of iXCoin and has had the confidence and foresight to hold them for 3+ years without as much as moving them even once?

And just a FYI:  Satoshi's early mined Bitcoins are also unredeemed and have never been moved.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:21:34 AM

Will do just that, thanks for the links cinnamon, I'm sure my understanding of those topics can & will be improved.

Update on my testing, I'll try very hard to be brief...

This is for coin holders still running Thomas's final client release back in '11...aka: ixcoin-0.3.24.3-win32

Today I got a clean download of the blockchain using that client, and transferred a small amount of coin into it, so it had one transaction.  Backed everything up and proceeded to attempt various upgrades to it.  To my dismay, both ahmed_bodi 9.2 & cinnamon_carter's 8 builds crashed after a short while, never in the same place & I've been looking at logs and tested it a couple of different ways, then decided it wasn't really that important, because when I tried FrictionlessCoin's executable, it worked flawlessly the first time and reindexed all the blocks from disk, right up until today with no problem.  You are left with nearly a 1GB of 'junk' files from the 'old days', but it worked.  Then I applied ahmed_bodi 9.2 executable to those files and it instantly popped up without any re-indexing on disk or any other download, the client was ready to go.  Wallet has the small amount of coin in it, tomorrow I'll do some more testing with sending/receiving, but everything looks good to go, and there is an upgrade path for those of you that haven't checked in for 2 or 3 years.  Credit to FrictionlessCoin for making this possible.

GR

Interesting,  my guess is that there is something different in the difficulty calculations in the ahmed_bodi executable.

Anyway, still waiting to see when the 9.2 executable gets into the ghash.io miners.... we only have about a month left to go.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 03:34:40 PM

It looks like it's about 60 days to death.  Somewhere around 15th Oct?
Is a this 'death' hard coded? I haven't been following ix lately.
No, but it might as well be!  That's the experiment we're running.  Let's see.  Exciting isn't it?

Interesting yes, I have no animosity to Ix, so there is no inflation or increase in tx fees planned? How will the coin keep hashing?

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 10:10:47 PM

Interesting yes, I have no animosity to Ix, so there is no inflation or increase in tx fees planned? How will the coin keep hashing?

CEX.io in the mofo house.

[and sitting on our board of directors]

You're welcome!

From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:47:26 PM

is it dead yet? oh wait it was long ago ! LOL

~CfA~

publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:05:31 PM

is it dead yet? oh wait it was long ago ! LOL

~CfA~

At some point wouldn't you get over it CfA?  Are you worried it won't fail?

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
From Above

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:09:52 PM

At some point wouldn't you get over it CfA?  Are you worried it won't fail?

nah, im worried about health status of Vlad2Vlad/SolomonRising cuz once its final and no-turn-back death kicks in bad things might happen to his heartsies and brainsies

i wanna save this man so im considering sending him a heavy btc aid package

~CfA~

kraizi

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:01:03 PM

This is for coin holders still running Thomas's final client release back in '11...aka: ixcoin-0.3.24.3-win32

Today I got a clean download of the blockchain using that client, and transferred a small amount of coin into it, so it had one transaction.  Backed everything up and proceeded to attempt various upgrades to it.  To my dismay, both ahmed_bodi 9.2 & cinnamon_carter's 8 builds crashed after a short while, never in the same place & I've been looking at logs and tested it a couple of different ways, then decided it wasn't really that important, because when I tried FrictionlessCoin's executable, it worked flawlessly the first time and reindexed all the blocks from disk, right up until today with no problem.  You are left with nearly a 1GB of 'junk' files from the 'old days', but it worked.  Then I applied ahmed_bodi 9.2 executable to those files and it instantly popped up without any re-indexing on disk or any other download, the client was ready to go.  Wallet has the small amount of coin in it, tomorrow I'll do some more testing with sending/receiving, but everything looks good to go, and there is an upgrade path for those of you that haven't checked in for 2 or 3 years.  Credit to FrictionlessCoin for making this possible.

GR

If the new clients crashes using a block chain from an old client you can always just download the whole blockchain again, instead of reindexing.  Then you don't need to use the FrictionlessCoin client.  So it shouldn't be a show stopper.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 02:11:37 PM

i wanna save this man so im considering sending him a heavy btc aid package

~CfA~

You're all talk and no action, brother!   Wink

From Above

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:59:17 PM

btw i dont have nothing against ixcoin in partciular- I know I sound harsh sometimes...

i just find it sad if good ppl hope for a sunken project to magically come back to life

why dont u invest in something that has a future ?  for u and ur families this will be much better !

much love,
~CfA~

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 06:55:03 PM

btw i dont have nothing against ixcoin in partciular- I know I sound harsh sometimes...

i just find it sad if good ppl hope for a sunken project to magically come back to life

why dont u invest in something that has a future ?  for u and ur families this will be much better !

much love,
~CfA~

You try too hard to make typos and have grammatically incorrect and disorganized posts.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:46:21 PM

GR

If the new clients crashes using a block chain from an old client you can always just download the whole blockchain again, instead of reindexing.  Then you don't need to use the FrictionlessCoin client.  So it shouldn't be a show stopper.

Actually,  what needs to be verified is if you have a wallet from the old client,  will it work if you copy it to the new client?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
publicjud
Legendary

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:05:18 PM

much love,
~CfA~

What is the future?  Me buying your BTC from you at $600?

ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:39:53 PM

Where can I buy this coin?

and why is ixcoin.org not updated?

"Ixcoin maturity will be reached ~18 years before Bitcoin's. By mid-2013, the number of IXC and BTC will reach parity (for a brief moment). "
publicjud
Legendary

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:52:30 PM

much love,
~CfA~

What is the future?  Me buying your BTC from you at $600?

to be honest, Uhhh no... LOL

1. ur volume is definitely <100 BTC so very much insignificant
2. i couldnt care less if anyone buys my btc or not as i am rich in fiat, btc is a game for me
3. dream on little man!

~CfA~

1. this is not my coin.
2. It just seams like more than a game, since you keep probing Vlad.
3. For all you know, I could be a bigger man than you.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 09:01:48 PM

Where can I buy this coin?

and why is ixcoin.org not updated?

"Ixcoin maturity will be reached ~18 years before Bitcoin's. By mid-2013, the number of IXC and BTC will reach parity (for a brief moment). "

The best place to buy it is Cryptsy and CEX.io.  I would stay away from Vircurex.

Also, Bitcoin will not be mature for another ~100 years. That's a massive drawback.  The 18 year deal is when BTC will have ~99% of all its coins mined which most people just assume that's full maturity which from a block propagation point of view it is not, just like i0Coin right now is not fully mature.

iXcoin.org is not updated cause Thomas Nasakioto loves playing these childish games to further make iXcoin look like a ShitCoin so he and his buddies can keep buying it all up.

I expect all that to change by October when all the coins will be fully mined.

Cheers!

publicjud
Legendary

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:05:36 PM

much love,
~CfA~

What is the future?  Me buying your BTC from you at $600?

to be honest, Uhhh no... LOL

1. ur volume is definitely <100 BTC so very much insignificant
2. i couldnt care less if anyone buys my btc or not as i am rich in fiat, btc is a game for me
3. dream on little man!

~CfA~

1. this is not my coin.
2. It just seams like more than a game, since you keep probing Vlad.
3. For all you know, I could be a bigger man than you.

1. i wasnt talking about ixcoin, ixcoin has a volume of $1000 or so ROFL... i was talking about ur personal crypto funds
2. well oh well, its actually very interesting that some ppl still care about a dead project. this is a phenomenon dont u think?  vlad is a good guy but hes too delusional. he desperately needs financial aid thats why he sticks to ixcoin
3. proof it my nifty boy Smiley

~CfA~

1. You have no info on my crypto funds.
2. So this is all about helping Vlad.  More power to you.
3. I doubt our measuring standard would be the same.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 09:18:46 PM

2.  vlad is a good guy but hes too delusional. he desperately needs financial aid thats why he sticks to ixcoin

~CfA~

Much appreciated, brother!

It is true that I badly need some money right now, I've had to sell ~250,000 of my iXcoins over the last month, most of it under 6,000 Satoshi.  That hurts, I didn't sell at 50,000 just to have to sell at 5,000. 

That said, I don't believe in IXC for profit reasons only, I really believe the stuff I say.  And I have said all along people should diversify cause it may turn out that I'm wrong and maybe crazy or, like you say, delusional.

But I try really hard to look at facts and there are too many things about IXC which don't add up.  If I were purely profit driven I would have gone along with numerous offers to turn IXC into a PoS stake, I would have gained more than anyone else here from such a change and not have to sell my IXC holdings like I have.

But I didn't, I did my best to only do what's best for IXC for the short term but also the long term too, which is why I'm fighting to keep Thomas Nasakioto as part of IXC, something few people would ever do.  And it's not the premine, I was fighting for Nasakioto before I knew he was still paying out bounties; like most here, I assumed that premine was long gone.

If someone would answer my questions about Thomas and IXC, and they're rational - logical answers, I would be glad to finally move on to another project but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Cheers!

GroundRod

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:13:42 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 10:52:33 PM by GroundRod

Actually,  what needs to be verified is if you have a wallet from the old client,  will it work if you copy it to the new client?

Any specific thing you want me to look for, other than that the balance transfers?  So far all my tests from 3.24->8.6->9.2 have confirmed that already.  Was going to do one or two more small transaction tests, and report here only if I found a problem, so far none.

If the new clients crashes using a block chain from an old client you can always just download the whole blockchain again, instead of reindexing.  Then you don't need to use the FrictionlessCoin client.  So it shouldn't be a show stopper.

Exactly.  

Interesting,  my guess is that there is something different in the difficulty calculations in the ahmed_bodi executable.

Anyway, still waiting to see when the 9.2 executable gets into the ghash.io miners.... we only have about a month left to go.

Difficulty calcs, Hmmm interesting, there are still some coins based on that old database structure, nmc comes to mind, they will have to solve the problem or tell all to re-downloading the blockchain, it will be required.

I'm actually kinda of excited about the likelihood of Ixcoin being merged mined on PolyMYR for awhile first.  Ghash.io/Cex.io can wait until it's been tested thoroughly. as well as review the source and install whenever they have time.  Right now I'm pissed at them, in less than 24hrs after deadsea33 had the blockchain webpage for Ixcoin statistics built, CEX.io upgraded their front page graphic and their programmer forget to include the IXC/BTC trades.  So now you have to log in to view the price/volume info or use the public API, it works without logging in.

@deadsea33 - so now when you click on the statistics button for that blockchain webpage, it brings up a blank graphic.  Love the chain and start of your efforts there, looks really cooool!  As soon as we can start fresh or gain control of the ixcoin github acct, I'd like to see the webpage development source checked in, where we can keep it maintained and work on it as a team.

Daily update for everyone.
Currently running the 0.9.2 Client myself. Synced up ahead of the block where merged-mining started I'll let it sync fully and then we can start up testnet and do some merged-mining on myriadcoin's PolyMYR pool. Once thats done the network urgently needs some new DNS Seeds. Other coins have 15+ while we have 0. After that we can roll out the clients Smiley

EDIT: Also Reverted the switch to a 40 Byte OP_RETURN by the bitcoin dev's

EDIT No 2: 1 hour and 30 Mins, 1 Blockchain Rescan Later. The client is fully synced.  Time to get some Win QT's out

Don't we need at least an 80 Byte OP_RETURN for counterparty?

Thats what i've done The Bitcoin devs switched from a 80 to 40 Byte OP_RETURN so i switched it back to an 80 Byte OP_RETURN
@all - Highlighted above the need for DNS seed nodes.
@ahmed_bodi - So what's the word, any updates here on that progress?  Grin

Good Read from ahmed_bodi's post here: Re: Multi-vPoW - Myriadcoin's Solution to Parasitic Merge Mining:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=725991.msg8235818#msg8235818

Starting in Sept, I'll try to be available allot of the time for support in the ##ixcoin channel on freenode, anyone having troubles with an upgrade can find some help there.

@foundation - Are we going to have a wiki.ixcoin.<something> server/site?   I'm asking because some documentation in the client console help text(coded) needs to be adjusted if we don't.

5BTC for hero accts, fck U CfA.  Hope BCT reverts all account here to newbie status & zeros out your investment.  
For those that don't understand, Read Zerohedge's post by Cognitive Dissonance from Aug 17th

Control the Language and You Control the Mind
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-17/control-language-and-you-control-mind

GR
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: