Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:33:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:34:01 PM

<scumbag>

DUDE leave !  and dont quote me !

leave my friend alone u frictionless imposter bitch.  hes a good guy unlike U.

~CfA~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 06:06:45 PM

<scumbag>

DUDE leave !  and dont quote me !

leave my friend alone u frictionless imposter bitch.  hes a good guy unlike U.

~CfA~

Bopoнa нiкoли нe бyдe coкiл.

Wat?

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 06:17:08 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 06:40:13 PM by Vlad2Vlad

Bopoнa нiкoли нe бyдe coкiл.

Wat?

Some idiot trying Google Translate trying to pose as a Ukrainian.

~BCX~

Well, he's not an idiot.  CfA is Ukrainian so I think the message is:  Hey, this guy is Ukrainian.

You know, just like CEX.io and its execs are Ukrainian.

Just another silly coincidence I'm sure.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 05:15:25 AM

wow, tough crowd, tough crowd.

but really, this thread stays mostly dead and then bcx comes out of the blue to spank me?

!

whats next mark m is gonna weigh in?

Man, I haven't seen MarkM for months.  I wonder if he's still on the crypto scene and what he's been up to.  I should PM him cause I've been wondering lately if he's ok. 

kraizi

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:30:02 PM

As of today we have no list of miners and what 'Tx fee' they will require in order to process your request to send money over the Ixcoin network, I've been using 0.001 in the client(s) a long time, and never have a delay in sending, more than likely, it could be set to zero and the miners are building your transactions in there for free.  Don't expect that to continue very much past the last mined block...

As cinnamon_carter pointed out, some clients force a minimum, others do not.  How do we want our new 0.9.2 client to act?  I vote for a default min Tx of 0.001 ixc in the next release, as long as it's constructive, would appreciate others with an opinion on that subject.

So in order to compile a list of what the current Tx fee's are, the only thing we can do right now, is use the various exchange withdrawal fees as a proxy for that minimum.  NOTE: Cex.io is mining (via ghash.io) as well as offering you trades to bitcoin on their site, the others are simply exchanges:

The withdrawal fees are:
Cex.io           0.001 ixc withdrawal fee
Cryptsy.com  0.000700 ixc withdrawal fee
Vircurex.com 10.0 ixc  minimum, withdrawal fee 8.0 ixc  (OUCH!)
Poloniex.com  0.01 ixc withdrawal fee
Swisscex.com 0.05 ixc with a 0.1 minimum

Sidenote: Wow - 24hr trading volume on cex.io just shot up to 29850 ixc in the last few hours...

ETA: Based on today's ixc price of ~0.00006, the Vircurex withdrawal fee is still only ~0.00048 btc, as Ixcoin price rises, that number will have to come down, IMO we can look at that 8.0 ixc withdrawal fee as a high water mark for what miners can expect to earn for a transaction fee from participants, otherwise it would be cheaper to just use bitcoin for the transfer.  Remember though: a miner is collecting as many transaction as possible to make a block, so added together, those fees could really add up to some serious Cheddar over time.  The balance between price discovery and transaction fee costs is the experiment we're about to begin.

Are you sure you don't mean .0001, not .001, for your transaction fee?  If you look at the block explorer the most common iXcoin transaction fees are .0001 and .0005 ( http://darkgamex.ch:2751/chain/IXCoin ).

I never quite understood how the minimum transaction fee works.  Sometimes I can select zero transaction fee for Bitcoin, but I still have to pay .0001.  Other times I pay nothing, but it may take up to 10-12 hours to send.  I've never had a transaction held up for more than 12 hours if I select zero transaction fee.  

We need to be careful not to set the overall minimum too high.  The miners can set what they want for the blocks they mine.  Also, withdrawal fee and transaction fee are very different animals.  I wouldn't use exchange withdrawal fees to decide what the transaction fee should be.

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:11:25 AM

I know there is a quote or two from the early days around here regarding your mining of ixcoin.

That is true, I do have over 200,000 IXC on an HD somewhere but it is meaningless.

Nakasioto was the original pre-mine scammer and I promised him way back in mid 2011 that no matter when, where or why until he destroyed his 500,000 premine or turned it over to a neutral third party that IXC would never get past me. I keep my promises.

~BCX~
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:16:03 AM

I know there is a quote or two from the early days around here regarding your mining of ixcoin.

That is true, I do have over 200,000 IXC on an HD somewhere but it is meaningless.

Nakasioto was the original pre-mine scammer and I promised him way back in mid 2011 that no matter when, where or why until he destroyed his 500,000 premine or turned it over to a neutral third party that IXC would never get past me. I keep my promises.

~BCX~

With so many Proof of Stake systems like Ripple, Stellar, Nxt, Bitshares etc....  I'm surprised that people even give a damn that some coins were pre-mined!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 01:52:03 AM

~BCX~

Well, why don't you attack and kill iXCoin then?

Hahahaa.  Sorry, I had to say that.

And you know what, if CEX ever drops IXC you would be able to kill it with your massive ASICS farm which I dream of nearly every night while I sleep.  lol.

But seriously, aren't you shocked that a supposed scammer like Thomas still has the premine over 3 years later and is still actively paying out large bounties [as promised]?

That shocked even me.  I thought that premine was Loooooong gone.  Why would someone like Thomas hold on to it all these years and still pay out bounties?  It was worth quite a lot of money on these last couple of big spikes? 

And when did you ever see a dev buying coins for a lot of Bitcoins right after launch when he already had a huge premine to cash in?  That's unheard of.  Devs with premines dump coins - they don't buy more!

Doesn't anyone else think about this stuff?  I do and it masks me crazy - crazy enough to have bought up IXC like a madman.

Why isn't anyone else shocked by this and why isn't anyone trying to figure out why?Huh  Cause if he cared about iXCoin he would actually be here once in a while and he wouldn't have abandoned ixCoin for 2 straight years.

So why then??  Why??

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:34:43 AM

cue thomas?!

You and Vlad make great points.

Why doesn't Thomas come here and make them himself.

~BCX~
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:30:46 AM

interesting.. i never cared to much about this coin
but BCX's revelation (has a bunch tucked away) is fascinating. lol

and while reading the last batch of comments i kept thinking why is the dev not saying it ?

anytime i run into a quote from Gavin Anderson i agree 101%
his above mentioned quote is much YES !
but wasn't BTC premined too ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:30:24 AM

cue thomas?!

~BCX~

Anybody ever see a dev who only logs in a few times per year yet holds on to a valuable premine for over 3 years and still pays out large bounties?

kraizi

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:18:47 PM

~BCX~

But seriously, aren't you shocked that a supposed scammer like Thomas still has the premine over 3 years later and is still actively paying out large bounties [as promised]?

That shocked even me.  I thought that premine was Loooooong gone.  Why would someone like Thomas hold on to it all these years and still pay out bounties?  It was worth quite a lot of money on these last couple of big spikes? 

And when did you ever see a dev buying coins for a lot of Bitcoins right after launch when he already had a huge premine to cash in?  That's unheard of.  Devs with premines dump coins - they don't buy more!

Doesn't anyone else think about this stuff?  I do and it masks me crazy - crazy enough to have bought up IXC like a madman.

Why isn't anyone else shocked by this and why isn't anyone trying to figure out why?Huh  Cause if he cared about iXCoin he would actually be here once in a while and he wouldn't have abandoned ixCoin for 2 straight years.

So why then??  Why??

My guess is Thomas is a big Bitcoin holder and since Bitcoin has risen in price so much since 2011 his get rich iXcoin scheme is no longer important to him.  That would explain why he's only on the iXcoin forum once every few months.  He has no reason to dump iXcoin because he doesn't need the money and wouldn't get much for it anyway.  He keeps paying out bounties because he's following his original plan, just not so aggressively.  That's my take on why he behaves as he does.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:30:01 PM

My guess is Thomas is a big Bitcoin holder and since Bitcoin has risen in price so much since 2011 his get rich iXcoin scheme is no longer important to him.  That would explain why he's only on the iXcoin forum once every few months.  He has no reason to dump iXcoin because he doesn't need the money and wouldn't get much for it anyway.  He keeps paying out bounties because he's following his original plan, just not so aggressively.  That's my take on why he behaves as he does.

I agree.  Anyone who created an alt-coin back in early 2011 surely has enough BTC to not care what happens to IXC.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 08:47:24 PM

~BCX~

Ok BCX, time to take a break from killing ShitCoins and join the iXCoin party.  Haha!  Took me a year to get you to see "the light" but I'm glad you finally saw it.  lol.

Well, we'll find out in less than 2 months if I'm crazy and delusional.  At least you're well diversified, much less worries than a guy like me.

Cheers!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 08:53:19 PM

My guess is Thomas is a big Bitcoin holder and since Bitcoin has risen in price so much since 2011 his get rich iXcoin scheme is no longer important to him.  That would explain why he's only on the iXcoin forum once every few months.  He has no reason to dump iXcoin because he doesn't need the money and wouldn't get much for it anyway.  He keeps paying out bounties because he's following his original plan, just not so aggressively.  That's my take on why he behaves as he does.

Ok, so he did a premine with the intent to scam but then got unexpectedly rich like 1 month later?  3 months later?  1 year later?

No, that theory has a massive hole in it.  Bitcoin didn't take off for quite some time after IXC was launched and at that time Thomas spent more BTC launching IXC than the entire value of the IXC premine.  Not a very good way to make money off premines.

And, right after the coin was launched he was buying IXC on the open market, something premine dumping scammers NEVER do, which means he was NEVER in need of the premine money.

If he had gotten rich off Bitcoin after the launch it would have been more than 1 year later by which time he would have dumped the premine if that was his original intention and he would have never spent BTC to buy an overpriced IXC if he knew it was a premine pump and dump.

So once again, the most plausible conclusion points to a premeditated - well thought-out [long term] plan.

But who at that time could have planned something so sophisticated and had that kind of vision [about cryptos and Bitcoin] so many years ahead of everyone else?

I think the odds are GREAT that Thomas is a well known big name Bitcoin insider.  But who could it be?

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:02:09 PM

Roger Ver Must be Thomas

it all makes sense now... Cool

Thank you ixcoin jesus
BCFrictionless

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:03:24 PM

I think the odds are GREAT that Thomas is a well known big name Bitcoin insider.  But who could it be?

probably come from above lol
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:08:07 PM

My top 5 guesses of who Thomas really is, in order of most likely to least likely:

1)  Gavin Andresen

2)  Hal

3)  Jeff Garzic

4)  Nick Zsabo

5)  Satoshi Nakamoto

I know.  That's insane.  But unless someone can give me just one plausible explanation for all these crazy things I have found then I have to assume there is another logical explanation and for now this is the most logical. 

Unless Thomas is just a bored nutjob but bored nutjobs don't create such perfectly crafted multi-year plans and then execute them like a pro.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:09:37 PM

Roger Ver Must be Thomas

it all makes sense now... Cool

Thank you ixcoin jesus

Hahahaa.  There's a near zero chance of that.  He's a salesman: not a planner, strategist, thinker or visionary.

develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:45:14 PM

getting IXC from merged mining, should I hold or just trade them for BTC?

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: